The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List
Driver

Old 30-09-2016, 11:36 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 411 / Power: 9
BFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Quote:
Originally Posted by localbest View Post
...Batam to Balai should not need to pass thru the custom immigration to get passport chop.
Confirmed!
double confirmed !
triple confirmed !
Don't need!
Old 30-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Samster

BFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBFOMF5 is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Quote:
...Tanjung Balai may have two types of terminal, domestic and international ferry terminal. ..
Wrong and right...
One ferry term.
Seperate jetty (lead to diff section of the terminal)
Unlike SKP there are 2 terminals.
Old 30-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFOMF5 View Post
Read today's news paper see this.

Tomorrow going Batam (my 4th trip in September)
May be will check up this 1000 steps,Near Pantai Danga, opposite Tiban :zzz
Yesterday first ferry arrive SKP took batam bus to Katini.
Old 30-09-2016, 12:19 PM
Samster

Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Took an ojek into Pantai Danga to check the so call possible launching ground.

Ya this place can see us clearly.
But with my poor HP cam
This is what I get
Old 30-09-2016, 12:33 PM
Samster

Saw these up there

Old 30-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Samster

This morning went up Tg.Uma again.

Tried to see sun rise but the cloud was too thick
Old 30-09-2016, 03:34 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye007 View Post
No need to go through immigration once again, this is a domestic travel. Basically, you just hand over the ticket for scanning (and IC or passport for verification) and you can proceed to board the ferry. The entrance for the domestic ferries is different from the entrance for the intl ferries.

It's just like flying from Hang Nadim Airport to Jkt (which I have done on numerous occasions). Go into the airport, proceed to airline counter to obtain your ticket. Sometimes they'll ask for ID for verification that you are indeed the passenger (which technically should be the right procedure), but sometimes they don't (happened to me a couple times).

Once ticket collected, proceed to security screening and then straight to boarding gate. Upon arrival at Jakarta, disembark and straightaway proceed to luggage belt and out of airport.
Thank you for your reply,it is definitely good info and sorry that I need to quote your whole post becos I am bookmarking it down as it may proof useful to my future trips.

Thank you.

Quote:
Good questions asked...

Batam to Balai
Although I have never experience it myself travelling from batam to balai before, but I guess anyone (sporean or indonesian) travelling from Batam Harbour Bay ferry terminal to Tanjong Balai Karimun ferry terminal should not need to pass thru the custom immigration to get passport chop.

Logically speaking travelling within the same country is not exiting from that country.

Also probably because Tanjung Balai may have two types of terminal, domestic and international ferry terminal. The domestic one serve ferry route to Batam, Tanjong Pinang and Tanjung Batu. While the international one serve ferry route to Singapore and Malaysia(pontian johor, puteri johor & klang selangor)
CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG

Batam Sekupang also has international ferry terminals serving spore while the domestic terminal which is some distance apart serve ferry from sumatra...

Singapore to Tanjung Batu
Singapore now has no direct ferry service to tanjung batu (pulau kundur) unlike last time use to have..

The only way to get there is to clear custom at tanjong balai (pulau karimun) to get into indonesia first and then take a ferry service from Tanjong balai to Tanjong Batu..via domestic terminal
Quote:
One ferry term.
Seperate jetty (lead to diff section of the terminal)
Unlike SKP there are 2 terminals.
Thank you for the info,combining both bro Localbest and bro BFOMF5 posts together,it now becomes a more complete information which I may need.

Thank you.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info

Old 30-09-2016, 05:19 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future

Quote:
In fact some time single split air con unit can sometime be cooler than central air con unit.
Agreed with you on this one.

Quote:
If the single split or individual air con unit is brand new or with regular servicing, the air con is usually quite cooling, example LaiLai, Lovina inn, etc.
If one split unit in one room does not work properly, it will not affect other split unit in other room.
Individual air con definitely easier to maintain for hotels with lesser rooms.

Quote:
However, on the other hand, for some large hotel like Formosa, Harmoni hotel, etc using centralise air con system may have some disadvantage is that when the central air con system malfunction, all the rooms will get affected as the cool air that comes out from the air-con vent of each room is supplied by the central air-con system.
Too many rooms,hotels will require a pool of bigger team of technicians to maintain its air con units. If its centralized,the amount of technicians the hotels needs to 'feed' will be lesser. So it really depends,as hotels has to weigh its own pros and cons. And as for how well they can maintain it,i would say 3 to 5 years and the hotel's facilities probably reaches an EOL (end of lifespan).

Quote:
I notice that there are some rooms in formosa still have some air-con issue (not cool enough despite adjust to the lowest temp) example room 365 and 367. Hopefully the management can do something to improve the air con service of those room
Yes,the strength of the central air-con unit couldn't reach up to room 365 and 367. If they turn on the strength of its central air con unit,the other rooms may likely be freezingly cold. Kind of a bit imbalance. And when the night falls or when the sunsets,some rooms can become amazingly cold.

Also,the size of the room plays apart too, bigger rooms takes a longer time to cool down. In my later trips,i may go try to talk to the technician regarding room 365 and 367 (bypassing the recept),hehehe...I think if the air con isn't cool enough after 4 hours,always call them up (receptionist) becos at times,they would reserve those rooms for 'senior citizens' who worries more about air-con being too strong and the newer recept probably gave it to the wrong type of guest/s, hehehe...

Quote:
Seems like in the 80s and 90s, hotel operator like to install bath tub for the hotel guest. But the present days, having a standing shower in the toilet tends to be more common and popular as it can free up more space in the toliet and more convenient to get shower (without the need to climb over the bathtub)
I would love to have a bath tub tho. I don't think taking away the bath tub has in anyway free up more space in their toilet. Look at the measurement of shower area and the bath tub area,its actually close to the same as before. I believe it is becos it is much easier to maintain a stand-shower area than a bath tub area (imagine a shower area got choked or has a leakage and a bath tub having the same problem/s) and not forgetting many accidents has occurred when one were to stand-shower on a bath tub area as the floor on the tub itself is slipperier.

(notice the anti-slip mat in every bath room?)

Quote:
This Holiday hotel looks good but as a 2 star hotel at the range of 300plus k, there are in fact quite a number of competitors at this range of pricing around the area...
Lovina Inn, City Central, Hana hotel, Ace hotel, etc

Alternatively add another 100k upgrade to 3 star hotel at 400plus k, have the option to choose nagoya plasa hotel, formosa, biz hotel, da viena, etc
My number 1 choice for hotel is Formosa Hotel,2nd place goes to Biz Hotel and 3rd goes to Da Vienna,4th place goes to Utama Hotel. I am not picking base on their pricing but more on the hotel's location. I am a booking joint and massage person. With a good location,i in turn save a lot of traveling time and the need for taxis and that in turns saves me some money too.

In case you haven't notice, many hotels starts renovating in late 2015 and beginning of 2016. One of them was KTM resort and their room prices has gone upward. A result of lack of competition at Sekupang area.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info

Old 30-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Samster

Thks bros nono for introducing holiday hotel.
I hv been walking near the area every time i go berry to book my now 4 month old baby.
From SKP I always alight at the Bank BRI. (One junction before holiday hotel. That why I missed it.

Last night walk in and inspected their superior room.
Yes there is Bath tub and also found room area quite compatible with UTAMA Rp385k (kaha rate) room.
With the price tag of Rp330 (walk in) I think it is quite reasonable.

Any bros have recently stay there
Pls comments on the breakfast layout. Also see if they serve to room.

Heres the official price list

Pls note 10% tax no included
Old 30-09-2016, 11:14 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
Tubbyteddies deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat007 View Post
When you guys going? I'll be there on the 1/10.
We were looking at smwhere around/after mid October '16.
Old 30-09-2016, 11:17 PM
Samster

Quote:
If it's only for the purpose of taking a taxi to the hotel, change $20 is more than enough already. Even if you pay carrot rate, 4 paxes will only cost you 60,000rp (approx $6-$7). Then, the rest change at Nagoya Area. Don't ever change in Singapore.
Ok,thx for yr advise,i think we'll pool our Sgd & change $80 from Sg. $20 each man,the rest change in btm.
Old 30-09-2016, 11:37 PM
Samster

Quote:
I know your question is not directed at me, but I'm free now, so here goes..

1. If you're not familiar of the place, I would discourage against walking from Harbourbay to Formosa. It's walkable though. I usually do that, or I take ojet.

2. This is the best option for you guys, since there are 4 of you to share the cost. With girls, all 4guys + 4girls can squeeze into 1 taxi. Any taxi can be booked for whole day. And there are many who just parked their cars among the roadside it even approach you guys as you aware walking by the road. Try to bargain to below 300,000rp. The way it works is, the driver won't follow you 24 hours of the day. You need to tell him the time you want him to show up at the hotel, or call him when you need him. At the same time, he will also have other customers that booked him for the same day. With driver, your power to negotiate when booking girls gets weaker s bit as there is their commission to take in to consideration.

3. Only take ojet if you're alone. With 4 or you, it will cost up to 80,000. Too expensive.
Thx for yr reply (reli thx).

1. Our initial plan wasn't to walk from HB to Formosa,but more on sharing a taxi to hotel & then back when we return.The rest of Batam,we use our leg power. We're thinking of ordering Formosa shuttle service initially but bro nono says we'll end up paying 200k rp which i find not reli worth since there's 4 of us.

2. Wow! Those were great info,i reli must thk u for explaining it in such details. But where can i find taxis that can be book for whole day? Roadside? Should i just flag a cab & ask them abt it? Or does hotel provide such services? Sorie for the many questions.

3. Noted with many thx again. i'll give ojek a miss.
Old 30-09-2016, 11:55 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 564 / Power: 11
iicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
I don't have any FR,just summaries and I am still half way thru. I am not seeing it would end anytime soon tho,becos I made 2 trips to Batam on the month of Sept. I am looking to merge the 2 trips together to form 1 summary of info and it is likely gonna be a long one.
Yr summary like quite late tis mth....

Quote:
Riau islands have 4 main popular sex hub in the 80s and 90s namly the 4Bs

Batam - still very lively today and the sex trade will never die down.

Bintan (tanjong pinang) - less happening unlike last time when there is brothel village KM 24

Balai - has its share of prostitution and is still popular with malaysian tourist as it is near johor pontian terminal

Batu - less charming than before
Oh,i jus realize tat Bali isn't part of the Riau island,otherwise it'd be 5Bs.

Or were they?
Old 01-10-2016, 12:17 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 252 / Power: 13
localbest is one of the Best!localbest is one of the Best!localbest is one of the Best!

Quote:
Yesterday first ferry arrive SKP took batam bus to Katini.
Brudder, nice experience to take bus in batam..can sight seeing without financial burden..hehe

Bus in batam is really cheap ! 4000 rp only
Old 01-10-2016, 01:33 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iicycold View Post
... jus realize tat Bali isn't part of the Riau island,otherwise it'd be 5Bs.
Yes indeed there is a fifth "B".

Pulau Babi
Straightly speaking it is not an island. It is a peninsula off Pulau Belakang Padang.

Let me explain,.
the term "Pulau", in Indo and Malaysia, does not restrited to the usual "island" commonly we understood.
For the local chinese, places that could only reach by boat(no road in the pass) are classify as "Pulau"

So, it includes places like
Peninsula (in this case, p.Babi) and
Bay (eg. The famous Desaru is called the 4th Bay island[四湾岛])
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1