The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Old 09-06-2005, 10:14 AM
bobby_man

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: / Power: 0
Re: Crossroads FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamTYM
Haha... bro, been there and the one at super brand mall... Well, for me, it's only when I'm really desperate for singaporean food, and too lazy to travel, do I go to the one at super brand mall.... There's also a hainanese chicken rice where xiangyang market is, and they serve singapore desserts too... I like this shop cause they serve roast chicken... and I usually end up asking for lots and lots of chilli...

Address: Xiang Yang Road (in between Nan Chang Road and Huai Hai Road)
Hainanese Chicken Rice

Can't remember the prices for the food there, but it's still ok lah...
its round RMB25 for the set meal (includes vegetables and soup), for those who need their pick up. Yum Yum. Can't miss it, its opposite the China Construction Bank
Old 09-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 363 / Power: 20
nongho is a living Saint! - you won't find betternongho is a living Saint! - you won't find betternongho is a living Saint! - you won't find betternongho is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghai Papa
Went to the latest Crossroads at Tong Ren Road. Tried the chai tao kueh (request for half black half white), ngoh hiong and char kway teow. The chai tao kueh is better than the one at Gubei Carrefour's Big Bite while the ngoh hiong is not too bad. Forget about the char kway teow. Although it is better than Frankie's Penang char kway teow, nothing beats the char kway teow served at Queesntown (with so many si hum), Zion Rd and Hong Lim (formerly at Outram)...

Fried Carrot Cake (Highly Recommended)
Looks: 9/10
Taste: 9/10
Damage: (forgotten)
RTF: YES!

By the way, if you are eating at this Crossroads, do ask to speak to the boss and he'll give you a 20% discount if you tell him you're a fellow Singaporean too!
Dear bros,

I would like to add to the chai tao kueh of Crossroads, as i like to eat chai tao kueh a lot back in spore thus, it does helps me satisfy my craving palate of soft, tender, sweet, spicy, egg-filled chai tao kueh.

I think the cost of each serving is 22rmb if i remember correctly.
There are a couple of Crossroads i came across before:-

1) at Nanjing Xi lu and Changde lu. There is a merlion statue in front. It serves as a pub too at nite with a pool table.

2) at Huashan lu I think where the Old Manhattan pubs is. Its called Crossroads pub, not sure is it selling singapore food as never try there before.

3) at Parkson 4th or 5th floor of Shaanxi Nanlu and Huaihai lu. Always go to this cafe as its the closest to me. Big couches to lie back and have a beer. Huge wall poster of singapore scenery.

4) at Gubei Carrefour. Basement where the food court is. Not very big and sometimes no chai tao kueh . Also this place looks like a spin off as the menu is quite different from the rest. Some of the food are not available.

5) at Raffles City. Lai fuo shi guang chang. Top floor where the food court is, right at the end of the food court. Very small place with limited seatings. But the chai tao kueh here taste nicer than other branches.

Thats about all the Crossroads I came across before.

And also not to mention my favourite drink KOPI-O!!!...As I'm a heavy drinker of kopi-o. Here I can only get Nescafe DIY kopi-o, never like those starbucks or coffee bean coffee. i find it a rip off.

Although its not 60cents like back home, its 12rmb here for big cup, 10rmb for small cup. So naturally always go for the big cup which they serve in those glass cups you find in every kopitiam in singapore, those transparent with squares like glass blocks.. ....thats the closest i can get to a taste of singapore kopi-o although the coffee powder maybe from malaysia.

I reckon some of the shops are franchises, so dunno where the actual spore boss would be. So can I just inform the manager I'm a singaporean too?? Just trying my luck...for the 20% discount.

BTW- to all bros out there, I do have a list of all most of the restaurants here in shanghai. Quite detail, listing from what type of food (eg. Sichuan, beijing chai, chaozhou chai, shanghai chai, ningbo chai....to western food and xinjiang chai too)...with address and number to call for reservation and so on. Pls PM me ur email address if you wan the list.

Bro shengge can i have ur list of bus routes, Mrt and shopping list? U got my email add rite??

thanks and cheers
nongho
Old 09-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 272 / Power: 22
tionggoklan is one of the Best!tionggoklan is one of the Best!tionggoklan is one of the Best!
Re: Shanghai "In Conversation" Views, News & Reviews

Hi Bros,

Me have not been to Shanghai since 2001, guess must have changed tremendously.

Juz would like to chk with bros that r in shanghai, currently, any place that is selling Yong Tau Foo (Liang Tou Fu) there? If I'm not wrong the foodcourt at the Raffles City should be operated by our Kopitiam rite? So they should have Yong Tau Foo stall there? Any other place got?

Tks for the info!
Old 09-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 154 / Power: 20
WhamBamTYM is a Helpful and Caring SamsterWhamBamTYM is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_man
its round RMB25 for the set meal (includes vegetables and soup), for those who need their pick up. Yum Yum. Can't miss it, its opposite the China Construction Bank
Yup.... For me, this is as close as I can get to singapore food apart from home cooked food... but then again, outside food tastes different mah....
Old 09-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Samster

WhamBamTYM is a Helpful and Caring SamsterWhamBamTYM is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nongho
Although its not 60cents like back home, its 12rmb here for big cup, 10rmb for small cup. So naturally always go for the big cup which they serve in those glass cups you find in every kopitiam in singapore, those transparent with squares like glass blocks.. ....thats the closest i can get to a taste of singapore kopi-o although the coffee powder maybe from malaysia.

I reckon some of the shops are franchises, so dunno where the actual spore boss would be. So can I just inform the manager I'm a singaporean too?? Just trying my luck...for the 20% discount.

thanks and cheers
nongho
Bro, the crossroads at nanjing lu/changde lu is gone, but there's one nearby at kerry center, on tongren lu.

Anyway, if you're craving for the type of coffee we get back at home, it is being sold in pines supermarket, the "singaporean" supermarket found behind jinqiao carrefour, and the other one in puxi, gubei carrefour if I don't remember wrongly.... SGPShanghai69 will be able to give you the right directions. I bought my coffee there, and they have the penang white coffee... basically, it's all the aik cheong brand... but trust me, it's the best coffee you can find here in china... Haha
Old 09-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tionggoklan
Hi Bros,

Me have not been to Shanghai since 2001, guess must have changed tremendously.

Juz would like to chk with bros that r in shanghai, currently, any place that is selling Yong Tau Foo (Liang Tou Fu) there? If I'm not wrong the foodcourt at the Raffles City should be operated by our Kopitiam rite? So they should have Yong Tau Foo stall there? Any other place got?

Tks for the info!
I can't really remember if there is Yong Tau Foo... But then again, the food there taste nothing close to what we have back in singapore. Tried their fishball noodles, and bak chor mee.... you would stop eating after your first taste of it... Sadly, raw materials are different from those back at home, so taste is definitely compromised.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Samster

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 363 / Power: 20
nongho is a living Saint! - you won't find betternongho is a living Saint! - you won't find betternongho is a living Saint! - you won't find betternongho is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Bro, the crossroads at nanjing lu/changde lu is gone, but there's one nearby at kerry center, on tongren lu.
Thanx bro for the updates, didn't know that one at changde lu gone liao, went there last year..... hahaha

Quote:
Anyway, if you're craving for the type of coffee we get back at home, it is being sold in pines supermarket, the "singaporean" supermarket found behind jinqiao carrefour, and the other one in puxi, gubei carrefour if I don't remember wrongly.... SGPShanghai69 will be able to give you the right directions. I bought my coffee there, and they have the penang white coffee... basically, it's all the aik cheong brand... but trust me, it's the best coffee you can find here in china... Haha
Pines supermarket?? what is the chinese name?? i have been to the jinqiao n gubei carrefour...didn't see any "sporean" supermarket.

Think i bought at the parkson supermarket where they have the SUPER 2 in 1 Kopi-O...hahaha

anyway thanx for the info...will keep a lookout for Pines supermarket...

cheers
nongho
Old 09-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 272 / Power: 22
tionggoklan is one of the Best!tionggoklan is one of the Best!tionggoklan is one of the Best!

OIC, so maybe dun really have Yong Tau Foo there? tks for the info Bro. Any other bros got info on this?

BTW, since u mentioned abt fishball noodles, the fish ball no good? Izzit as 富有弹性 as the 1 in Sg or very tau foo like, i.e., soft n break easily?

Tks again bro, for the info.

Quote:
I can't really remember if there is Yong Tau Foo... But then again, the food there taste nothing close to what we have back in singapore. Tried their fishball noodles, and bak chor mee.... you would stop eating after your first taste of it... Sadly, raw materials are different from those back at home, so taste is definitely compromised.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Samster

Quote:
Pines supermarket?? what is the chinese name?? i have been to the jinqiao n gubei carrefour...didn't see any "sporean" supermarket.

Think i bought at the parkson supermarket where they have the SUPER 2 in 1 Kopi-O...hahaha

anyway thanx for the info...will keep a lookout for Pines supermarket...

cheers
nongho
Well, for the pines behind jinqiao carrefour, you need to go all the way to the end, there's another mall of sorts behind jinqiao carrefour... you would know when you find it, there's a tony G restaurant at the front... walk further into the mall, about 100m or less, and you'll find pines supermarket....
Old 09-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tionggoklan
OIC, so maybe dun really have Yong Tau Foo there? tks for the info Bro. Any other bros got info on this?

BTW, since u mentioned abt fishball noodles, the fish ball no good? Izzit as 富有弹性 as the 1 in Sg or very tau foo like, i.e., soft n break easily?

Tks again bro, for the info.
I can't really remember if there's yong tao foo here... Anyway, with regards to the fish balls here, I find it too starchy.... Tastes different from those from singapore....

For the time being, I'm going to new asia snack for their 担担面 whenever I need a fix for bak chor mee... It's not fantastic, but at least it's slightly spicy, and it tastes good enough for me... Haha...
Old 09-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 27 / Power: 0
shanghian deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Hi Bro Nongho,
The Pines supermarket is not in the same building as the Carrefour supermarket( Jin Qiao). It is in the sport and leisure centre next to it. You should see a Tony' restaurant and a Starbuck's Coffee place at the entrance. Things are pretty exp. as it is meant for expats.You can get almost anything Singaporean , even Yu Sheng during CNY but be prepared to pay for it.

cheers

shanghian
Old 09-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 787 / Power: 22
shengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to behold
Sorry

Quote:
Bro shengge can i have ur list of bus routes, Mrt and shopping list? U got my email add rite??
nongho
Dear Bro nongho,
Pai sei, cannot find your e-mail leh!
Please send again.

Thanks!

得到越多
失去更多
Old 09-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 76 / Power: 20
shanghaitan deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Talking Re: Shanghai "In Conversation" Views, News & Reviews

Dear brothers of Shanghai...

Glad to see things picking up in this thread... keep them coming!!

I apologize to brothers in the Shanghai Recommendation thread if you feel that I have somewhat diluted the main thread. However, from the type of postings currently in this thread, I think perhaps this thread serves as a purifier.. filtering out the non-juicy postings that some brothers have come to dislike and criticise.

Just to add to this thread...

For all Star Wars fan currently in Shanghai, the show is being shown in most cinemas right now! I watched it in UME (Xintianti) recently and I would say the feel of the cinema is pretty much like our GVs in Singapore. Only difference is the price.. it cost Rmb70 per ticket.. way too expensive but being a die-hard Star Wars fan, nothing beats catching it on BIG SCREEN. The sound system is decent and the crowd is limited. Which is a plus.. more space, less disturbance.. and amazed that I am... no handphone rings during the entire duration of the movie... apart from mine.. but it was in silent mode, being the "considerate Singaporean" that I am.. hahahaha

Also, I am glad to see that Coffee Bean & Tea Leaves has finally arrived in Shanghai. For guys who are tired of seeing Starbucks around every major corner, Coffee Bean's comprehensive menu will be a pleasant and welcome change...The first one I found was behind Raffles City. And my latest discovery was the one in Xintianti... maybe it's old news to most bros here but being one who rarely get the opportunity to explore new places... well... I'm utter delighted with this find...

This is the perfect season to visit Coffee Bean, not too hot yet... and definitely not too cold... Just buy a drink and a biscotti if you like, read a book and listen to music... if you're not much of a reader, you can just sip your drink and watch the world pass you by at an idly pace.. and may I say.. what a BEAUTIFUL world it is... all the pretty ladies (although most of them will have foreigners on tow but what the heck...) passing through the main street of Xintianti... DELICIOUS... Yummy...

Hmmm.... to each his own... for me, weekdays are already stressful enough so I tend to choose more relaxing activities during whatever limited weekends I have...

Anyway, keep the informative postings coming! And heartfelt thanks to all the brothers who has shown their support to this thread...

Cheerio~!
Shanghaitan
Old 09-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 61 / Power: 20
ChinaAlleWay deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaitan
Dear brothers of Shanghai...

Glad to see things picking up in this thread... keep them coming!!

For all Star Wars fan currently in Shanghai, the show is being shown in most cinemas right now! I watched it in UME (Xintianti) recently and I would say the feel of the cinema is pretty much like our GVs in Singapore. Only difference is the price.. it cost Rmb70 per ticket.. way too expensive but being a die-hard Star Wars fan, nothing beats catching it on BIG SCREEN. The sound system is decent and the crowd is limited. Which is a plus.. more space, less disturbance.. and amazed that I am... no handphone rings during the entire duration of the movie... apart from mine.. but it was in silent mode, being the "considerate Singaporean" that I am.. hahahaha

Also, I am glad to see that Coffee Bean & Tea Leaves has finally arrived in Shanghai. For guys who are tired of seeing Starbucks around every major corner, Coffee Bean's comprehensive menu will be a pleasant and welcome change...The first one I found was behind Raffles City. And my latest discovery was the one in Xintianti... maybe it's old news to most bros here but being one who rarely get the opportunity to explore new places... well... I'm utter delighted with this find...

Anyway, keep the informative postings coming! And heartfelt thanks to all the brothers who has shown their support to this thread...
70 bucks is kinda ex...
I had just rent e DVD... 10 bucks... LOL ( do i sound kinda cheapskate ?!?! )

Haiz... how i wish theres coffee bean over here... darn..

2 more days and its weekend !
Enjoy e weekend and drink more water !!!!
Old 09-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 61 / Power: 20
ChinaAlleWay deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Went to this "dong fang min Zhu"
I think most bro’s station in Shanghai is sick of hearding it. Pls bear with me, as my English is poor… LOL
But found the buffet kinda ex….
Scenery is nice thou. Especially at the very top of the tower... I mean its amazing !!!
One thing what Shanghai reminds me is that, theres toooo many people in the city. If not wrong should be around 一千七百万人口….
Its about 4 times of Spore !!! LOL…

Have a Pleasant & beautiful weekend Ahead !!!
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1