View Single Post
Old 16-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 470 / Power: 10
fieryguy80 is a glorious beacon of lightfieryguy80 is a glorious beacon of lightfieryguy80 is a glorious beacon of lightfieryguy80 is a glorious beacon of lightfieryguy80 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Dumped because you are poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen69angel View Post
I remembered I was working as a waiter while waiting for national service. My ex said that I had no future and wanted to split with me. The mum was the initiator during a meal.

Ma: Fallen, I've seen guys like you. Working waiter has no future. You have no ambition. I will stop u from visiting Amy*.

*** Gf is mummy's girl and think it's true and wise words ***

5years later after a few strategic jumps in my career after NS, I became a small manager in a MNC. I ran into them and they invited me back for dinner.

During the dinner, the mum was saying.. "I knew you would make it. That's why Amy should hang out more with you. Tonight if you're tired, just stay over."

Wow.

She's either a prophet, or she's a good actress.

😡😡
That's a realistic mom.. she knows that her daughter (at the young age) will choose love over bread. But from her experience, bread is confirmed much required than love. All parents are the same, they wish their children can be with someone of same status or higher.

Indeed there are some cases where they downgraded, but majority is having the same mindset. Once you have become a parent you will understand..