View Single Post
Old 01-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 510 / Power: 23
simnon is a glorious beacon of lightsimnon is a glorious beacon of lightsimnon is a glorious beacon of lightsimnon is a glorious beacon of lightsimnon is a glorious beacon of lightsimnon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 10101010 little hat yai guide

Quote:
Originally posted by 10101010
Hat Yai, a dreamland for all males.
To reach there, take 13hr bus from golden mile. Rate is about $35 and don't bother to take from johor bahru cause rate is 70RM. Hotel suggested in Hat Yai is BP grand view as it is a very good hotel, got swimming pool,etc. One minus point is that the hotel is far away from the district(that means far away from pink hotel, lee garden etc).

For the cheonging part:
When you get to the custom, a guy called Ah kee will approach you. Beware, this thai-chinese is a blood-sucker and very expensive(You can see that he drive a white nice van). If anyone want, I can recommend him a very very honest and good taxi driver called Ah-Too(trusted by many people). Email me at [email protected] if you want the contact. He can speak hokkien+a little english and is super friendly. I am a very good friend of him and have even went to his house(the condition of his house make me realise he makes little money).

Bring about $1000 if you going for a week but you can bring less as there is atm that is circus.

Hat Yai is a lovely country but staying there for 3 days will make you realise there is not much things to do there. So go to Songkhla to go to bathe in holy water for good luck or visit the mermaid(actually nothing one). Krabi is just nearby. H-city, H-city that is how much I miss you..... PS: I wrote this small guide purely to express my love for h-city!!!
Any info for price increase during Chinese New Year..
Plan to go there during this time..

Cheers