View Single Post
Old 24-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2080 / Power: 0
machoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond reputemachoman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Scent of a Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourExcellency View Post
machoman, you are too generous with your praises. I have read many other works in SBF, and I feel that there are just too many good writers in here. However since this is the first time I am attempting to pen down an experience, I am just hoping that the response will be good, as testament of my writing skills.

But sadly, after more than 3000 views I still do not have the kind of response or feedback from the other brothers and sisters. I do not mean just in the form of reputation points, but as any story teller would probably know, having people acknowledging your work is the most important inspiration of all. It is akin to having your paintings hung onto the walls of a gallery that nobody visits

Can somebody tell me what am I lacking in my writing style?
Nope bro YE, I definitely know what I'm talking about. I seldom praise story writers unless I feel that they deserve it.

I also definitely know how you feel & oftentimes, it feels kind of lonely as from my own experience, there will be more silent viewers than the ones that are vocal although like you, I also wish that more viewers will write some feedback to the writers to encourage them or offer some comments on the story. As you can see from my siggy, I have also written a few stories.

As far as I am concerned, there is nothing wrong with your wonderful writing style but as the saying goes, "Different strokes for different folks."

No worries, bro. I am confident that those that really appreciate your fine will writing will come in to support your story, sooner or later.

In the meantime, do keep up the good work.

Last edited by machoman; 24-10-2010 at 11:13 PM.