View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 04:08 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
qwertyqaz deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Jakarta 2 {NEW} (old Jakarta Info thread closed)

Hey Bros, I'm planning my first virgin trip to Jakarta and I've been reading some recent FR on this item. I got a few questions/comments on somethings people don't seem to bring up.

Accommodations:
Everyone seems keen on staying in a hotel near travel/classic. Has anyone tried AirBnb? I've found some reasonable priced apts near Lapangan Golf or Plaza Semanggi. If I had to choose between a 15 sqm hotel room vs an apartment I'd choose the apartment. Are these places out of the way of cheong scene?

Transportation:
Jakarta traffic is very bad and may take 1 hr to get to another spot. No one seem to mention motobike taxis? From my experience in SE Asia motobike taxis have the quickest travel time from A to B because they can weave through traffic. How far is it to go from North to South Jakarta on a motobike taxi?

Mongering spots:
North or South? Which is better? I read all the FL actions are in the south from CJ/BATS/Blok M? North is more of the SPA/Travel/Classic things. What's the expectation of FLs for ST/LT?

Non-Mongering activites:
Anyone else have interesting in Jakarta outside of cheonging? No one can cheong from morning till sleep. What do you guys do to fill up the days outside of the cheong activities?

I'm planning to have my virgin trip in April/May. If any bros are there I'll be happy to buy you a drink and tag along to learn from you guys.