View Single Post
Old 21-07-2023, 06:21 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 233 / Power: 19
berzerky is a Helpful and Caring Samsterberzerky is a Helpful and Caring Samsterberzerky is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Did I make the right choice?

I have no doubt that your partner sincerely regretted her indiscretion and that she's sincere about repairing your relationship, then we still have to deal with your broken-heart which has led you to doubting and possibly being suspicious of her every move. That's not a good place to be in.

As men, one of the reasons we hold on is that we want back what's ours. Often, this is self-defeating in that we get to keep our ego because we didn't lose her to another man but we are reminded of the humiliation everyday, thus, the anger. It's not a good place to be in.

It's also not a good place for her to be in. She's trying, we're still unsure, still suspicious and the behaviors of uncertainly and distrust around her just serve to hurt and possibly also humiliate her. Does she deserve that? Some say yes, many will say no, too.

Maybe you and her can agree to separate. And if time has healed all wounds, when you get back together again in the future, the reminders of bad memories and humiliation are hopefully foggy, if not disappeared, by then.