View Single Post
Old 31-10-2020, 12:09 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2652 / Power: 15
JacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Divorce settlement data - WC education thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvbreast View Post
No offense bro, but I don't agree, especially on the part about not finding lawyer, while it is true that lawyers make their money from your divorce (and you got to pay them whether you win or lose). They are still the professionals it is akin to seeing doctors when you are sick. You get a good lawyer, the process will be relatively easier.

On who to initiate the divorce, I would say it depends on the circumstances. If there is no 3rd party then what you posted don't work?

On advice of my lawyer (and relative) I initiated the divorce because I was told it was better since I have the initative, I can claim what I want and the other party have to defend. That is after we completed our planning and drafting.

My gf was waiting for me to divorce, I told her, give me 2 years max (lawyer's estimate after she attended the mediation sessions) so we were not in a hurry so we were not pressured. The result was I gotten my marriage disolved within 3 months of filing, and spent the next 6 months fighting over how to divide care & control of my child, matriamonial assets and her maintanence.

I guess your personal experience with the women's charter is not good, but as far as I know, what I experienced was pretty in-line with what many others go through (my relative told me, I have no reason to think otherwise). Hence I don't really think Women's Charter is pretty unfair.

In fact I have recommened 3 of my friends so far to my lawyer, it was a positive experience for them as well.
You had an easier time with negotiations, I am thankful you didn't have to face the brunt of the WC. The statutory arrangements of the WC is not fair and works against the men. This remains the fundamentals of divorce. But the impact can be mitigated through an empathetic judge, a more reasonable to be ex wife and good lawyers. But such privileges are not to be taken for granted. That 1 shot you have if missed will ruin your life for a long time. How many years of life do you have to risk the probability? I am glad you took that shot well and your circumstances weren't intentionally tipped against you to use the full force of the WC.