View Single Post
Old 19-02-2023, 02:12 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 692 / Power: 12
jsparrow is a splendid one to beholdjsparrow is a splendid one to beholdjsparrow is a splendid one to beholdjsparrow is a splendid one to beholdjsparrow is a splendid one to beholdjsparrow is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anyone knows the process for WL to re-enter singapore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger149 View Post
Things were ok during the first few months when she went back home after her GL stint. Went to BKK during that period few times to visit her. She intro me to her family. But that time I just had this gut feeling that she expected me to also support her family financially. She also mentioned about marriage and the need to sometimes help out her 2 jobless brothers who were already married with kids of their own. When she detected my reluctance she broke up with me.
It is a standard expectation from every thai lady that once they marry you, you will have to take care of the whole family. Girls being born in a Thai family will be the breadwinner and they will have to work hard to support the family, once you marry them you will have to take over their responsibility to provide them.

If you are lucky that you marry a girl who used to send home 100K baht a mth, you will have to do that once you marry her. That does not include other expenses such as buying a car, paying salary to the farmers taking care of their rice field, medical fees, new iPhones etc etc.

I am not saying that you can't marry a Thai lady, but you have to be prepared to provide support to their family, because their culture is always to take good care of their family, marrying a WL is tough because they used to be financially strong and your financial status must be stronger to match that. But if you guys a earning S$10k per mth, sure no issues.

But marrying a ex Geylang WL is a no no for SG as they are unable to come back to SG, and it'll be stressful for both parties living apart unless you are prepared to throw your IC and live there.