View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 105 / Power: 18
JaoChoo deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyJaoChoo deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: bangkok what the cost like

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123ken456
me going to bangkok soon with a few friends, will like to find out wat the damage like over there n hw much to tips. pls advise. thanks
Bro Ken,

It really depends on where you are going:

1. Massage?
2. Bath houses?
3. Gentlemen clubs?

In general:

1. Massage : if you pay for massage already, the rate for the girl will be:
a. Do nothing - tip 200B
b. HJ - 500B
c. BJ - 1000B
d. FJ - 1500B

Remember to tip papasan (100B), waiters - 20B, room cleaners - 20B

2. Bath houses - you paid for the girl already so actually no need to tip them but I usually do if I feel good about the girl - 200B - 500B is enough to make them happy. I ever tipped 1000B before but that's excessive. Unless, of cos you have other agenda.

3. Gentlemen club, as a rule of thumb, don't need to tip the girl but they will accept graciously. Only problem is, they make a lot more money (and all they have to do is to sit and accompany you). And a lot of pple going to these clubs tip with 1000B notes. Yes, noteS with an S. You can get away without tipping but if you wanna tip and save face, try at least a grand note.

Mamasan, 500B - 2000B if you wanna come back and ensure solid service and table reservation next time.

Waiters, if you wanna have a keen waiter at your beck and call, ask them to help you break up a 1000 baht note and when they return, give him a 100B out of that and he's be hovering over you to tend to your every need throughout the nite.