View Single Post
Old 23-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: L Messi Vs C Ronaldo

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...season?cc=4716

Ronaldo unhappy over lack of trophies

CR may hv written his name in2 the Primera Division record books & won his 1st trophy as a Real Madrid player tis season, but he admits he cannot be 100% happy with how the campaign turned out.

Ronaldo's brace in Saturday's 8-1 drubbing of Almeria saw him finish with an unprecedented 40-goal haul in La Liga - 2 more than the previous single-season record jointly held by Hugo Sanchez (1989/90 season) & Telmo Zarra (1959/60).

The world's most expensive player also finished the season with an astonishing 53 goals in all competitions - 1 of which was the match-winner in the Copa del Rey final against Barcelona, which earned Ronaldo his 1st piece of silverware with Madrid since his £80 million move fr ManU in 2009.

However, with Madrid coming up short against Barca in both the race 4 the Primera Division title & in the Champions League semi-finals, Ronaldo knows it could hv been better.

"If you asked me if I'm very happy with the season, then I hv 2 say no, becos Madrid aspire 2 win every titles & we've only won the cup,'' he told Spanish newspaper AS. "But 2gether next season we'll help Madrid win more titles than tis.''

Ronaldo's phenomenal goal return tis season saw him comfortably win the Pichichi award as the leading scorer in Spain, finishing 9 clear of Barca's Lionel Messi, & also seems certain 2 earn the Portugal international his 2nd European Golden Shoe, which he also won while @ United in 2008.

Ronaldo said: "The Golden Boot is something nice, becos it's the fruit of the work of my team-mates, of the coaching staff, of all the employees & directors & of the support of the fans. Tis golden boot is not mine, it's all of Real Madrid's.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-mates?cc=4716

Pichichi dedicated to team-mates

CR was quick 2 praise the influence of others aft he set a new La Liga record of 40 goals 4 the season by scoring twice in Real Madrid's 8-1 thrashing of Almeria on Saturday.

Ronaldo had been level with Hugo Sanchez & Telmo Zarra b4 the final match of the campaign, but he needed just 4 mins 2 score the opening goal of the game which secured his place alone in the record books, b4 adding another in the 77th minute.

"The reason I've scored so many goals is thanks 2 my team-mates & I'm very grateful 2 them,'' said Ronaldo, who dedicated his 1st Pichichi award as La Liga's top scorer 2 his club-mates & the fans. "I'm generous with my team-mates becos they r the same with me. Without their help I wouldn't hv been able 2 score 40 goals in the league.

"We r very happy 2 finish the season in tis way,'' said Ronaldo, who has helped Madrid score 21 goals in winning their last 4 games, on his club's website. "2 score 102 goals is very difficult & I 1 2 congratulate my team-mates 4 achieving tat. The coach wanted us 2 finish the season with alot of goals 2 start the next season with ambition & we've done tat.''

Looking ahead, Ronaldo said of the possibility of him reaching a similar mark again: "It's difficult 2 repeat these figures, but nothing is impossible & I'm going 2 continue working 2 achieve it.''