View Single Post
Old 24-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 630 / Power: 22
develish is a name known to alldevelish is a name known to alldevelish is a name known to alldevelish is a name known to alldevelish is a name known to alldevelish is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by DaiKor
They showed girls of 5 to 7 years old being paraded for sex and a pimp of 10-12 years old boy was touting his business. It is just sick. A doctor from America was caught when he was back in USA from Cambodia and is now in shithole (big jail time).

I think USA laws says that if you are a US citizen you can not have sex with a partner younger than 18 years old (even outside of USA anywhere in the world).

It blow my mind why would anyone else wanted to have sex with children. They are sick.
You are almost right on all counts, but the age of consent is 16 not 18.

A US citizen can be prosecuted if he/she engages in prostitution, procures prostitutes, or promotes/liaises (pimps) prostitutes. There is no geographical boundary i.e. the world.

On the young kids, I think it is totally sick. The punishment for such sickos is not just jail, but one should cut their nuts off so that they cannot function again.

BTW, what is an Orange Putih ?

While there is child prostitution in Cambodia, and I am all in favour of draconian measures against paedophiles, I think there is a legitimate business going on there including entertainment.

You must also realise that there are periods in the year called "Sweeps Weeks". During this time, viewship/listenership of TV and Radio stations and individual shows are measured. Based on this measurement the advertisement rates are determined. So you will find phenomenal sensationlism during this period. I would not be surprised if this is Sweeps week right now and Dateline has hyped this story to promote its show.