Thread: fun in osaka
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1503 / Power: 9
TonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant future
Arrow How to Spend In Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVgent View Post
Wow where you dig that article from? I'd love to throw it at the next friend who complains Japan is expensive hehe.

Actually I go around telling people Japan is cheap. I can very easily live on ¥10,000 a day, excluding the accommodation and travel expenses. Some days, if I purely sightsee, I may not even go above ¥3,000. That said, YMMV..

Personally I am happy with a ¥350 gyudon, ¥600 katsudon, ¥800 miso ramen, etc. Food is actually not expensive unless you actively seek out the expensive stuff like grade a5 wagyu.
I do drink beer every night.. it's one of my guilty pleasure because they always have 期间限定 ones and they still only cost ¥200-300 a can from the konbini.
If ¥11,000 - 16,000 ST punt with a hot SYT real Jap girl at Osaka Red Light Districts is expensive.
Please tell those people to go jump at Bedok or Kallang river hahaha!

Bro JAVgent just goggle "How to Turn High Cost Japan into a Cheap Place to Visit" as I don't wish to be accused as promoting other websites by Mod.

If one spends like an "American Style Spender/Tipper" and eat wagyu beef every day then anywhere you go will also blow the budget.

Your daily budget of ¥3000 - 10,000 is based from a tourist's perspective.
If you live in Japan (Tokyo excluded) daily living expenses can be just around ¥1000 if you cook periodically.

Kansai Region
1) Accomodation ¥35,000-50,000/Month
2) Supermarket: Local Beer 500ML ¥170/Local Whisky 700ML ¥600
3) Ramen: ¥300-800

What I'm stating are the basic minimum if you're frugal or on a budget.
Of course some would prefer to splurge more on luxurious living.
And as foreigners we get duty free tax shopping for ¥5000 and above purchases.

If you guys enjoy my posts please help to up my rep points a bit.
Some cowards zapped me with no rhyme and reason over at the Johor Bahru and Malaysia threads.

Thanks in advance.