Thread: Danang & Hoi An
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3384 / Power: 13
hoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond reputehoian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danang & Hoi An

DANANG
It's quite hard to give advice on budget as it depends on your lifestyle. For me, I can easily survive in hotel rooms in the US$15-20 region (plenty along the smaller lanes off Bach Dang and near Han Market). Or I can stay in 5-star resorts at The Nam Hai or Fusion Maia Danang (which offers all-day spas and free shuttle service to Hoi An). Both these 2 resorts offer the best spa treatments in town. Nam Hai is a bit out of the way while Fusion offers free shuttles.

For food, I can live with just US$20 a day if I go local style. I found the best bun rieu breakfast just outside Han market for only US$1. Or u can impress your gal by taking her to the popular ice cream parlour at the north end of Bach Dang (forgot the name but its a 2-storey white bldg on its own); or take her to the glass-enclosed cafe along Bach Dang promenade.

The locals like to do their evening jogs along Bach Dang promenade, some SYT will be walking her dog etc and its easy to say hello and strike up a conversation in tv -- they can easily spot a foreigner a mile away.

If you are a typical Singkie and can't live on 100% VN food, go to IndoChina Food Court. Some of the girls working there quite cute and the food is closer to SG std.

HOI AN
U can get lots of tips online. But my personal favourites are:

Pho Tung (51/7 Phan Chau Trinh St) for the best pho bo (beef noodles) in town. U will see lots of locals queing up for it. No angmohs go there.

Ba Buoi (22 Phan Chu Trinh) has one of the better chicken rice in town although cannot compare with SG versions. US$1.50 should get u a hearty meal with drink.

If u wanna splurge, Ms Ly is one of my favourite restaurants in town. It's runned by angmoh (married to local) and serves majority ang moh patrons.

At night, u can also check out the local restaurants along Thu Bon river. Squat and eat type with zero tourists. It's roughly outside the perimeters of Life Heritage Resort but u cannot cut through the resort, obviously. So u will have to find the lane that takes u there. Get a good map and cycle there. Hoi An is a very safe place so don't worry about getting mugged like in HCMC.

Cua Dai beach is just 4 km outside of town and I would rent a bicycle to cycle there. Several local restaurants along the beach, great place to relax and chill.

--
I usually go to these places with my gal, so I have never actually walked into a MP and tried the service. Only tried the spas in 5-star resorts. But I would imagine they would be cheaper than HCMC.

I would avoid walking into those KTVs in Danang with bright neon lights, especially if you are alone, unless u are prepared to splurge. The minute u walk in, you would be surrounded by staffs like 10:1, and they give u towels and keep opening drinks etc. Before u know it, u would have chalked up quite a bit on the bill before u even get to touch a gal. Some of the ladies inside are WLs and a mamasan would sometimes approach u speaking good English and u can ask her to recommend u a gal. From what I have seen of the ladies working there, it's a waste of time... but then it's a personal opinion and some tourists may like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooperho View Post
How much is the damage for the service and happy endings?