Thread: Vietnam - HCM
View Single Post
Old 26-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 516 / Power: 20
SingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Vietnam - HCM

Bro Lugi, If your company is covering you with insurance, then it shouldn't be a problem. As for the standard of Viet gals, they are well known thru out Asia. Typically, Singaporean guys will look for girls with fairer skin. Don't listen to what others have to say about Vietnamese gals, be here to experience it yourself. As for ADSL connections, if the sponsored apartment doesn't have it, then you will have to visit the internet cafes often. They don't cost much, only 3000 VND per hour (that's around 33 cents singapore dollars per hour).

I do not think that US$280 is able to find you a proper apartment with living and kitchen in HO Chi Minh City, unless you stay in distance districts like district 12 etc. Try to ask your company to help you to find an apartment. A proper apartment (not so old apartment) in Ho Chi Minh City will cost you around US$450 onwards per month.

As for flight hours, if you are coming to Ho Chi Minh City, then its around 2 hours. if its around 4 hours, then you may be going to Hanoi, the capital ofr Vietnam.

Bringing Singapore manhood here? hehehehe. Sorry to disappoint you but there are damm a lot of Singaporeans in Vietnam. The gals should have experience more than once Singapore Manhood.

Hope these information are useful for you

[
QUOTE=lugi]Thanks!

2. While my company is covering me with insurance, what other specific insurance should I take up? Is there a need to go for all those hepatatis and malaria jabs?

3. Yeh... looking forward to gf.. Never really know the standard of the viet gals.. are they any good in the looks dept? Thought they all have the kind of gypsy look...

5. Well, if it is company sponsored apartments, not sure what is included. For sure, they are not providing me any laptops, so might have to bring mine over.. what about those electrical adaptors? And asking for ADSL and satellite TV from whom? I am just given a US$280 allowance for accomodation if the company is unable to find any for me. What standard of accomodation can i expect and do you know of any good lobangs?

only 2 hrs flight? I thought is around 3.5hrs? well, certainly looking forward to bringing the Singapore brand of "manliness" to the Viets...

Thanks and cheers![/QUOTE]