Thread: Vietnam - HCM
View Single Post
Old 26-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 236 / Power: 22
lugi is a Helpful and Caring Samsterlugi is a Helpful and Caring Samsterlugi is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Vietnam - HCM

1) Unlikely company is going to courier over my stuff. They are not even sure whether they have managed to secure accomodation for me. If not, they are giving just US$280 for accomodation, is this a fair deal? With this kind of allowance, what standard of accomodation can I expect? If the going there is good, I might decide to become a vietnamese..

2) Working visa is from company? ok, will chase them for it. With this, I then apply for an exit permit from Mindef?

3) Glad to hear GF is not a problem... Imagine, how can one be without some tlc over the long term?? Anyway, what is the language usually used to pick them up?

4) Errr... dun want really to be caged in by sticking around Singaporeans too muck... unless they are all cheongsters...

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romaleouf
Brother Lugi,

First, congratulations for getting the overseas posting.

1) What to bring? you could bring all your barang barang, but in most overseas posting, you usually could get your company to courier your belongings over by Courier. Also do you intend to come back to Singapore anymore? if not, you can ship lock-stock-and barrel over.

Assuming you have accommodation over there. You can acquire furniture as you go on.

2) You need a working visa which your company should be providing.\

3) Girl friend is not going to be a problem. Many Singaporean outstation over there have found girl friends, wives and even mistresses.

If you need any contacts of Singaporeans there, please let me know, I can let them bring you into the Singaporean Association in HCMC.

Cheers,

Cam On~