View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 844 / Power: 22
Sinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to behold
Re: Kunming - China

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuTonRen
Dear Brother Sinoview,

Thank you for sharing. I regret if you find my reaction too strong. I suppose it is the occupational hazard that I am so used to "argue" to make my point.

Over so many years in China, I understand the pricing and its so called, reasonable range. Depending on where one goes, the basic cost is always different. In places like Shanghai and Beijing, the cost would not be the same as those in the South (as you have correctly put it). In Chongqing, a full service in a good Suana joint would be around RMB 800 to 900. As I have said, whenever I went to a new place, I would ask and check with people I know. In Kunming, I did not knoe people, other than some Taiwanese friends. They told me that in that joint, you are expected to pay between RMB 1200 to RMB 1500, all included. I could have turned down the service and went for the street walkers that I have mentioned (RMB 300 for one shot and RMB 500 . over-night). I accepted the service and hence the consequence.

I sincerely do not like to bear the sin of misleading newbies. They should check like I did, and decide for themselves on the choice.

I read many of your good postings and respect your views. Brother Tripping has talked about you to me, and as I have promised him to detour to your part of China next year, I would be honoured to be guided by you and the brothers there. I also told him that as we will be all in Singapore near Chinese New Year, we can meet and "argue". It would be my pleasure.

With best regards from Kunming with a temperature of 4 deg C.
Not strong lah..we're here to share information and hopefully benefit each other and the newbies.

Welcome to the South, just give us a tinker and we'll be glad to show you around here.

Our group including bro Tripping with some Sland visitor with be in DG-CP or ZMT this weekend for some R&R.....these kind of outings are parts and parcels of our weekend stress relieve....

Hope to see uou soon...