Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 33 / Power: 0
Star3 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Pattaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Assassin View Post
OT here but your post reminded me to seek clarification........ is it an offence to bring in imitation watches into Singapore?

There was an occasion when I returned to Changi airport from HK and I had nothing to declare so I went thru' the green lane since I had no luggage and only a haversack...... I was stopped by the customs and asked to go for a check. They searched my haversack and asked me to remove everything from my body and pockets. Everything was in order. Then one of the officer noticed the rolex watch on my wrist and asked me to remove it. It was a genuine rolex watch. The officer took the watch and asked a lot of questions.... even opening the back cover to check some numbers.

After returning me my watch and clearing me to leave..... I asked him why did he open up my watch? He replied to check if it is an imitation. I then asked him is it an offence to wear an imitation watch? He just stared at me blankly and never replied but just mumbling softly "you can go now..."

So until now I still dunno is it an offence to be in possession of an imitation watch? Any bros can help?
I have checked with some friends working at the entry points, it IS an offence to be in possession of imitation/counterfeit stuff but they do not specifically go to look out for these items. What they do look out for are suspected stolen items and in bro ninja's case I believe the officer was checking the serial number of the rolex watch (for some watches need to remove casing to see the number) against the stolen property database.

For any counterfeit items that they come across in the course of their work, they will record your particulars and submit the information to the company whose product is involved. Any further action to be taken is done by the company's lawyer, sometimes with the assistance of the police.