Thread: Pattaya
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 585 / Power: 20
Rub&Buah is a name known to allRub&Buah is a name known to allRub&Buah is a name known to allRub&Buah is a name known to allRub&Buah is a name known to allRub&Buah is a name known to all
Re: Pattaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Assassin View Post
OT here but your post reminded me to seek clarification........ is it an offence to bring in imitation watches into Singapore?

There was an occasion when I returned to Changi airport from HK and I had nothing to declare so I went thru' the green lane since I had no luggage and only a haversack...... I was stopped by the customs and asked to go for a check. They searched my haversack and asked me to remove everything from my body and pockets. Everything was in order. Then one of the officer noticed the rolex watch on my wrist and asked me to remove it. It was a genuine rolex watch. The officer took the watch and asked a lot of questions.... even opening the back cover to check some numbers.

After returning me my watch and clearing me to leave..... I asked him why did he open up my watch? He replied to check if it is an imitation. I then asked him is it an offence to wear an imitation watch? He just stared at me blankly and never replied but just mumbling softly "you can go now..."

So until now I still dunno is it an offence to be in possession of an imitation watch? Any bros can help?
Dunno if it's an offence but I believe replica watch is not illegal.

If a police officer open up my real rolex I'm pretty sure his name will be taken down and be send to someplace with a feedback from me.it's ok to check but opening up the back is a big nono.I mean come on,it's a rolex after all!I may even cc a copy to rolex site and send in to service & check for any damage.

I believe people who wear rolex are someone with at least a little of statues and some may just shoot at the officer for opening up.

Was on the taxi back home one night after Work till really late in sg.about 1pm.pretty near to my house there was a road block.usually they seldom stop tAxi with customer sitting behind to spot check.was wave to stop & call out & handed out my ic.the usual question where u come back from and where u heading to etc.

But was ask to surrender my handphone & check my bag.as I did understand handphone was a personal item & we citizen have the right to not to surrender it unless a valid reason was given I ask the officer in a firm but polite tone.'I will cooperate with u with the check but I would like to know the reason for checking it as it's a personal item before surrounding it over.'the policeman got a little bit stunned & his superior heard it,came over and reply.sir pls hand it over 1st and I will let u know the reason later.I pass it over as he reply me back in a polite manner.and they ask to remove my battery and hold on to it while the check the serial num,sim number and ask me wether I had a second handphone with me.(this time quite kwai lan in tone.)I said no.why do I want to carry 2 mobile with me?they kept silence for a moment and carry comm.

Note taken,mobile were hand back.the explanation was many handphone stolen case was logged recently and they are checking for suspicious stolen phone.I was like what the hell?at a road block?

Be polite to the government ppl but be firm at the same time.lots of government officer all got 1type of pattern no matter in which country but in sg we locals if know the basic rules should not be yell around.we are only cooperating after all

Lust come over love as love i met betrays.
Im now a International Fucker