View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 01:10 PM
Mrfun

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: / Power:
Re: HCMC Vietnam

HCMC is a happening place, that is, if you know your way around or if you can speak at least enough Vietnamese not to lose your way around or be paying touristy prices.

I know of a Singaporean company that provides either personalized or group tours of HCMC. The boss is a Singaporean who has been there for a while and has a Viet-Aussie partner. I was introduce to them by my Vietnamese agent on my maiden trip because I didn’t want to be shown around by my irritating, loud-mouthed, but filthy rich Viet agent ( He claims he has 14 model-looking girlfriends even when though he looks like a chinchilla to me) They were great guys to talk-cock to & they sure made me miss home when I was chatting with them. They provided me with a Cantonese speaking staff of theirs who took me around during my 4 splendid days there. ( Felt bad that I only tipped him US$15, plus the remainder of whatever dong I had left, as he was my chaperone cum bodyguard cum translator cum personal butler cum phone number getting machine, heehee, and most of all my buddy throughout my stay there. The pain & effort he took to even bargain for the souvenirs that I bought from a local market, and he got a chiding from the owner of the shop for helping a foreigner save a few dollars, knn that bitch, made me so touched & impressed)
All in all, Saigon is a great haven to people-watch, fish( if you have the time & know enough Vietnamese), or just chill out and feel like a stud for your entire trip here.( The chicks here are gorgeous & they will tell you that you are the best looking guy in the world even if you look like Mr. Bean)
After cheonging here, you would never want to cheong anywhere else my friend.
Hope I have given you enough insight and you have a great trip there.
Post your encounters if they are juicy ok.