View Single Post
Old 17-05-2024, 10:26 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1548 / Power: 10
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Lets talk about retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthestarlord View Post
want to retire in another country that is cheap but beautiful place and calm. Any recommend on which country? the only ones I've ever been to are Indonesia and Bali. I was there for a while and many tourists from other countries also retired there.
many place in SEA are beautiful and cheap. problem is not all these places gonna let you get a long term stay visa easily.

thailand is 1 easy place. of course not bangkok. Chiangmai is a popular choice. if you want a more local region, try northeast thailand bordering Laos there.

Been to Laos once only, seems like a super laidback place to me. Lotsssss of nature. but availability of goods are an issue.

vietnam is superb. but probably cant get a visa for long stay unless you marry a viet.

Myanmar is out cause of civil war. But may be a good place to consider too when it ends, depending what kind of government is formed. The new government has to be inclusive and take all the different states / ethnics into consideration as well, otherwise its civil war part 2 for them.

Philly.... never been there. heard some places are very beautiful. but know that its a country where their own people wants to flee from. Also very prone to typhoons.

Therea also a new frontier you might wanna explore. East Timor. So far no direct flights there yet. Can only fly from indonesia. Untouched, virgin nature land. Investors have started building 5 star resorts there. They must have seen enough of the place to be putting their money into it.

East Malaysia. Can explore and consider. Heard kinabalu is beautiful (not the mountain). Somemore visa not much of an issue.

Problem is you havent been exploring these places yet. Minimum for you to decide where to move to, you must at least go there and see and feel things for yourself. Better yet, live there at least a month like a local than a tourist (living on limited budget). then you can have a clearer mind of where to choose.