Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 35 / Power: 0
penyet deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Page View Post
I use Grab in Batam and KL. I did not save my credit card for cashless payment as I do with Uber, but I can do it next time.
I understand that the same Grab app will work also in Singapore. I read that Uber has ceased all operations in SEA, passing all operations to Grab.
If u already use Grab, u'r good to go - works in Sg too. Ya Uber has withdrawn from this region.

Better to link to a multi-currency a/c debit card/e-Wallet for best exchange rates (eg. Wise). Usual credit card exchange rates are terrible. Can also use the multi-curr a/c card for other payments for convenient cashless transactions at very decent forex rates. A lot more convenient than having to change and handle thick stacks of rupiah notes!

Quote:
However, the problem is that there is free wifi inside Harbour Front and Vivo City (thank you Rosfield too!), but I am not sure right outside of that, where I am supposed to wait for the car.
Once u make the booking within wifi zone and get the vehicle number, and the vehicle shows up very close by, the Grab app will instruct u to go to pickup point - think should be ok even if wifi is lost then when u go outside to wave at the vehicle.