Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 80 / Power: 2
RobbyChin deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Singaporeans Visa Exemption for Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_li View Post
Whatever that is stated above by all the bros here such as not exceeding 180 days on the visa exempt scheme or If entering by land cannot be more than 2 times a year is true. It is also stated clearly on multiple websites. If you exceed any of those then the immigration officer can choose to reject your entry. It will be solely up to their discretion. There are multiple ways you can try though to increase your chances of getting through.

1. I know of 2 friends that got rejected at the airport. They were requested to book an immediate flight back themselves. Asked the officer nicely if they can pay them for their troubles. One at Suvar and one at dmk. Paid 5000thb to the officer and they were released ……
Wow, did your 2 friends exceed their 180 days? I can imagine being rejected at the airport is quite a big incident? Don’t think the immigration officer wants to do so much paperwork unless really no choice.

For me, I won’t be exceeding the 180 days/year but may have frequent 20+ days visits. Just don’t want the Immigration computer system to flag my passport. Maybe I will just take a 2-3 month break from Thailand to ‘refresh’ my profile haha.

The Thai elite visa sounds good but quite expensive. If I really resettle in Thailand then can consider. As for business visa, I agree that it’s difficult. Even legit business visitors from MNCs going for conferences or training often use the tourist visa waiver because a business visa is too difficult to get.