View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 09:40 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1747 / Power: 18
CheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant futureCheongingEdge has a brilliant future
Re: Guidelines on ear cleaning, candling etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by serav1 View Post
I've actually tried multiple therapist for ear cleaning as I'm a sucker for the service so my personal view of the ones I tried are as so:

1) For the most painless experience I personally had it was with Cai Hong, previously located at Kallang, and have recently moved to Upper Cross Street. The link is to her Carousell advert. Liked that she used a specialized tool that covers your ear when doing ear cleaning, so there's virtually no pain. She does the peacock feather and tuning fork thing also, but it's just minimal. Didn't like that although she had different price points but I always got charged at the highest one ($68) as she insisted there was blockage even though I went twice a month.

2) Second most comfortable was probably Ear Haven as mentioned by bros before. Minimal pain, but the interaction with the therapist left much to be desired. Went to visit her twice, but concluded she wasn't really suited for me.

3) For the more satisfying but occasionally painful one I would say would be Paradise of Relaxation. I particularly like that they use something to scrape the outer ear and entrance of your ear canal, the feeling is quite shiok. But big problem with the place is skill level different for the different therapist, and for the boss Yen(who's skills i prefer) you need to top up. I also don't like that they insist on a booking system but don't follow the time, and basically have crappy customer service. Some therapist also shortchange on the time taken for services listed, such as for head massage or facial massage add ons. Overall the place used to be good but i feel their service level dropped significantly in the past year.

4) I've also tried multiple ladies at Mei Tai Wan and My Salon for ear cleaning, and in summary i guess the level of skill differs greatly from person to person. Overall the technique used is more utility, meaning they focus on cleaning up earwax using the tools, and overall slightly higher chance of discomfort due to the tools and skill level. Plus side is that the hair wash spa session in general is very relaxing.

5) Last one I wanted to share is about L&D Spa, which is another Vietnamese hair salon like Paradise of Relaxation. My experience there was really really bad. My one and only visit there the entire ear cleaning session was painful, until i told the person to stop as it was too painful (they insisted they were very gentle and that it'll be over soon). End result was me having ear inflammation and had dead skin peeling out from my ear canal for a good 1-2 months resulting in a trip to the doctors. Personal opinion is to avoid this place for ear cleaning, unless I was just unlucky during my session.
Tried all you listed except for number 4.

Generally agree with all you mentioned, though for (1), I insisted on getting the cheapest one (she told me actually there's not much difference, only thing is the peacock hair thingy etc which the first time I tried with her, it was also just a while which I think not worth it).

No 2 was ya, the whole experience was severely leaking.

No 3 was ok as I went before they become more popular... Yen was pretty and I managed to get her to do, but after they expanded, I went once and stopped going back.

No 5 went a few times, from when they were in TPY to their new place. Stopped going back after a while as it's quite far for me and I also got someone who wasn't that good the last 2 times I went. But in the head/neck/arm massage before ending the session, that lady will let you rest your head on her boobs as you sit up and lean back. But not a looker and if I'm going for that, I will find other places.