View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 05:44 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1058 / Power: 13
iluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud of
Re: Divorce settlement data - WC education thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacqueMerlin View Post
You had an easier time with negotiations, I am thankful you didn't have to face the brunt of the WC. The statutory arrangements of the WC is not fair and works against the men. This remains the fundamentals of divorce. But the impact can be mitigated through an empathetic judge, a more reasonable to be ex wife and good lawyers. But such privileges are not to be taken for granted. That 1 shot you have if missed will ruin your life for a long time. How many years of life do you have to risk the probability? I am glad you took that shot well and your circumstances weren't intentionally tipped against you to use the full force of the WC.
Thank you for your well wishes bro JacqueMerlin, no the privileges you mentioned in your post are not to be taken for granted.

It was not an easy divorce, we were preparing for trial because negotiations broke down during the mediation sessions at the family court.

You are correct that I never really felt the brunt of WC against me, such that I had judgement made. It was because the ex felt no point fighting on (from her lawyer to mine) in court. According my lawyer we would win anyway.

If you read my other posts, it was a very lousy time in my life thus far. I was losing my job, my marriage sucked big time, very unreasonable issue comes out everyday.

I met my current wife, she was there for me to encourage me. It was then I realized, we only have 1 life, why not make lead a happy one?

The next I went to see my lawyer and started to plan, you cannot imagine the rage my ex flew into when she found I had a gf. It was not that my ex love me, it was because she felt she was so good, why in the world I would leave her for another?

Yup, we only have 1 shot at divorcing, that is why I earlier posted, get a good lawyer, and more importantly be very frank with your lawyer. My relative told me this, judges and lawyers, we are people also. To us (this is) just a job. As long as what you claim is reasonable (based on the facts submitted, which the other party cannot dispute) just stand firm and even if it is to enter judgement, it will not be too far from what you claimed.

My advice, before seeing your lawyer, think hard, what do you wish to retain? Everybody wants the child, the house and cash etc, but which is the most important. Think through and spell it out to your lawyer and let them advise if you have a good chance of getting what you want.

Last edited by iluvbreast; 02-11-2020 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Added