PDA

View Full Version : Plantar Warts

Repoman
09-02-2003, 11:44 AM
Anyone Kena Plantar Warts? If so .....Plantar Warts
(Verruca)

What is it?
Warts are the manifestation and growth of a contagious virus (HPV, the Human Papillomavirus) that invades the skin through small cuts or abrasions on its surface - even through openings that are too small to be seen with the naked eye. Once inside the skin, the virus can grow and spread, stimulating the rapid generation of cells on the surface of your skin. There are over 60 different strains of HPV. Technically, warts may appear anywhere on the skin, but only those that appear on the soles of the feet are known as plantar warts

beijingboy
19-02-2003, 02:03 PM
Warts outside the genital area are not infectious.

Originally posted by Repoman
Anyone Kena Plantar Warts? If so .....Plantar Warts
(Verruca)

What is it?
Warts are the manifestation and growth of a contagious virus (HPV, the Human Papillomavirus) that invades the skin through small cuts or abrasions on its surface - even through openings that are too small to be seen with the naked eye. Once inside the skin, the virus can grow and spread, stimulating the rapid generation of cells on the surface of your skin. There are over 60 different strains of HPV. Technically, warts may appear anywhere on the skin, but only those that appear on the soles of the feet are known as plantar warts

Mizuiro
09-03-2003, 04:59 PM
I got plantar warts before on my legs

after a few liquid nitrogen treatments it would be gone.

it is infectious, but its infection is slow, it is actually a virus, go treat it and dont infect others.

during this time don't go to the pools, may infect others(low chance thou).

TheUnforgiven
09-03-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by beijingboy
Warts outside the genital area are not infectious.

any kind of warts are infectious.

babyevo
11-03-2003, 09:34 PM
On top of the Newspaper report on the easiest remedy of using Duct Tape over your wart ...I have tried and it succeeded ...
I used 3M White Duct Tape, daily soaking in warm water and dead skin removal using Pumice stone...It worked for my plantar warts..now it's gone within 2 months...good luck to all....

Idoru
28-03-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by babyevo
On top of the Newspaper report on the easiest remedy of using Duct Tape over your wart ...I have tried and it succeeded ...
I used 3M White Duct Tape, daily soaking in warm water and dead skin removal using Pumice stone...It worked for my plantar warts..now it's gone within 2 months...good luck to all....

Bro Babyevo I have read about the Duct Tape, but what actually is it? There are so many type or tapes in the supermarket and I can't find one with the word Duct Tape. Please help..

BornLoser
02-04-2003, 01:09 PM
I remembered I kena genital warts after visited GL.

My worst fear was I passed it to my wife. She did not know that it was a STD and neither did I then.
Those days when I used to bring clients to GL, I normally tagged along. Imagine while having warts, I still visited GL until I have to know it fm one of the chick I contracted a STD and should c a doctor to remove them surgically.
Imdly I panicked and asked myself what if my wife knew it was a STD.
I imdly went to the doctor recommended by the chick to have them removed. I also suggested to my wife to do the same but she declined althou not suspecting anything.
Somehow, they went off by itself as times went by.

My Karma was - She cheated on me few years later.
I thought, perhaps she finally knew and wanted to get even with me.