PDA

View Full Version : Try to ask serious question ... just get jokes

blackcat
07-02-2003, 05:03 PM
Does anybody know how often girls in Geylang are tested for STDs ? Does the government mandate this ?

Serious answers please.

goodpartner
07-02-2003, 08:30 PM
ya i read conflicting answers in this forum; one say it's mandatory while the other say it's a bull.

one seasoned cheongster advice me to check back if the gal is still around after 2 months to determine if i indeed have gotten std from her after doing raw accidentally. so it imply the check is every 2 months?

i like to know some serious answer for this too.

will the autority send them back once they are diagnosed with ANY type of stds or only if HIV? and if the mandatory check up is true in the first place?

mel&nicole
07-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Frm wat I know, they have to go for mandatory check up monthly.

As for the subsequent actions form the gov, I am not very sure liao...

Happy Bonking

blackcat
08-02-2003, 09:57 AM
I find it really hard to believe that the government does not test. Especially the Singapore government. I mean the whole reason you make this legal is so you can regulate it and control it.

1 month sounds like a reasonable timeframe.

It is nice to know that they are being tested ... of course wearing a condom is still a must.

GiddlyGook
08-02-2003, 02:06 PM
I have read several times recently in this forum about the "2 month test" i.e. if the WL is still around, your dick is sound.

This is nothing but BS, pure and simple. There is no substitute for regular checks on our part. Here's why.

You asked how health checks by DSC (yes, it is every 4 weeks) works in tandem with enforcement by AV and SIR. WLs are immediately deported (as are work permit holders) if found HIV positive. Apart from this, they are sent back if found to have conditions like cervical cancer (high risk for those with multiple partners; HPV is believed to play a role) and TB, among others. Incurable STDs like herpes and genital warts generate an automatic red-card.

Now, they are NOT sent back for run-of-the-mill STDs like the clap, syphilis, chlamydia etc which can be zapped by a course of antibiotics. Their "yellow card" is suspended, they cannot work in the interim while undergoing treatment and they have to go back to DSC to be certified disease-free.

Given that the clap, for example, is entirely treatable within 7 days, you would of course see her again plying the trade in 2 months. Are you safe? You decide.

Giddly

Originally posted by goodpartner
ya i read conflicting answers in this forum; one say it's mandatory while the other say it's a bull.

one seasoned cheongster advice me to check back if the gal is still around after 2 months to determine if i indeed have gotten std from her after doing raw accidentally. so it imply the check is every 2 months?

i like to know some serious answer for this too.

will the autority send them back once they are diagnosed with ANY type of stds or only if HIV? and if the mandatory check up is true in the first place?

leidaisor
17-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by blackcat
Does anybody know how often girls in Geylang are tested for STDs ? Does the government mandate this ?

Serious answers please.

The docs at DSC told me it's 2 weeks but then that's a test that is supposed to check for hiv infection 3 months ago and a test for syphillis only 1 month back... between then and the test, you have a window period... so you do your own estimate how safe it is...