When I reached there, I was a bit hesitant to enter because
of the fear that someone might despise me. Anyway pick up the
courage and went in.

After entering, the counter collected from me $20 and gave a
questionaire and a number tag. So I went to sit down and fill
up the form.

While at it, I saw quite a number of people in their 20s and
a handful of older ones. Even saw a lao chio, a young couple and
some young gals discussing about going for a tour. Also saw some geeky looking guys with thick spectacles.!

Anyway waited for a while and my number was finally called.
I entered and the counsellor asked me some questions which
I hesitate to answer. And then the test;

The test is quite straightforward, pricked my finger and drop
some of my blood on the test strip(called the Abbott test).

The counsellor then asked me to wait outside for abt 20 mins.

So I waited, mean time look at some chio bu who was there.
Woundering why they are there, they look local n speak gd
english. Or are they FL? I wounder.

Almost lost track of time thinking about the chio bu when my
number was called again.

The counsellor saw me and was jumping with joy.....
he did not told me the results instead he explain how
the Abbott Test works.

Aiyoh, already in agony and very Kan Cheong and did not
tell me the result.

FINALLY(Drum roll please!) he said " You are tested negative!"

I felt relieved as if I just ORD from NS.

pat888
18-10-2002, 08:52 AM
lol.........:D

Healey
26-10-2002, 12:26 PM
I could relate very well to the scene and fear u had descripted as i had taken the test before. (As posted in another thread)

The fear of being tested positive is overwhelming, so much that i didn't notice any chio bu when i was there for the test. haha..

But i certainly can agreed with u that there are ppl who u least expect to see taking the test!
Example, i recall seeing: A young indian specky who looks like my doctor friend, a smart looking chinese man who could pass off as any professional in Shenton Way, a ang-moh carrying a brief case as if going to work, a second younger ang-moh wearing a football jersey and two other man in their 20s' who spoke fluent english.

I would expect to see: Ah Beng, men in tabtoo, uncles and dirty old man there. However, none of them were there.

Well, maybe they didn't expect me to be there too...

So what is my point? Point is potential Aids carrier could be anyone, regardless of age, race and occupation.
Second point, the AFA's DSC testing centre might not be reaching to the chinese speaking community. This forms the bulk of the nation group and was clearly absent from what i have seen and described. Dun say they are innocent as a trip to Geylang could tell u otherwise.

I would be most glad to hear comments from AFA personnel if they are lurking in this forum.

srad79
28-10-2002, 11:50 PM
bro, how much time is needed from the time you step into the clinic to the time you get your result?

lancer25
31-10-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by lancer25
kelantan where bro? which unit number or building num?

kye_76
31-10-2002, 05:08 PM
Going to Kelantan Lane or even a GP for a checkup is a good reality check. It's interesting to read FRs and hear others boast about their escapades, but seriously there is also a need to understand that there is a flip side to the fun.

Good to hear that there are still rational people out there who recognize this.

mel&nicole
01-11-2002, 01:08 AM
A good place to see all the GL PROS.

A_Nobody
02-11-2002, 11:48 AM
It only takes 20 - 30 mins.

Originally posted by srad79
bro, how much time is needed from the time you step into the clinic to the time you get your result?

Healey
04-11-2002, 10:39 AM
My second test shows i am negative again. This time it was conducted by my employer as part of the medical examination. Phew...

It is more than a year since i had sex. Been on a cold turkey for that long.. many bros here has PM me asking how do i cope with sex or the lack of it. Firstly, thanks for the concern and my humble advice is that its' all in the mind. I have asked some of them how do they cope with life before they got hooked with the vices. It is up to yr ownself to cope with it.

Thankfully, i realise it early. For now, i exercise regularly (maybe to fight off the urge) and life had never been better.

mel&nicole
04-11-2002, 11:30 AM
Bro Healey

Glad to hear that you have manage to supress your urge & sharing the way of doing it with us....

Healey
04-11-2002, 12:36 PM
Bro mel&nicole,

Thank you. Actually, it is not that diffcult, once my mind is made up plus the experience i encountered prior to the testing at Kelantan clinic, i vow never to enter such vices.

Looking back at my sordid lifestyle and comparing it now, i would never ever go back again. Never.

Bro A_nobody, i have just click on this thread and given it a best rating. I thought your thread serves as a very balanced view to the gung-ho attitude of many bros here.

opticum
04-11-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Healey

Thankfully, i realise it early. For now, i exercise regularly (maybe to fight off the urge) and life had never been better.

Dude, dun fight agst nature by sexual abstinence. It ain't healthy 4 yr life.

Go watch 40 days, 40 nites and see the effects.

CumExplorer
04-11-2002, 01:50 PM
I could relate very well to the scene and fear u had descripted as i had taken the test before. (As posted in another thread)

The fear of being tested positive is overwhelming, so much that i didn't notice any chio bu when i was there for the test. haha..

But i certainly can agreed with u that there are ppl who u least expect to see taking the test!
Example, i recall seeing: A young indian specky who looks like my doctor friend, a smart looking chinese man who could pass off as any professional in Shenton Way, a ang-moh carrying a brief case as if going to work, a second younger ang-moh wearing a football jersey and two other man in their 20s' who spoke fluent english.

I would expect to see: Ah Beng, men in tabtoo, uncles and dirty old man there. However, none of them were there.

Well, maybe they didn't expect me to be there too...

So what is my point? Point is potential Aids carrier could be anyone, regardless of age, race and occupation.
Second point, the AFA's DSC testing centre might not be reaching to the chinese speaking community. This forms the bulk of the nation group and was clearly absent from what i have seen and described. Dun say they are innocent as a trip to Geylang could tell u otherwise.

I would be most glad to hear comments from AFA personnel if they are lurking in this forum.

What is AFA ?:rolleyes:

CumExplorer
04-11-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by opticum

Dude, dun fight agst nature by sexual abstinence. It ain't healthy 4 yr life.

Go watch 40 days, 40 nites and see the effects.

Hehe, u right, but he already fight for over 1 yr +.:D

opticum
04-11-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by CumExplorer

Hehe, u right, but he already fight for over 1 yr +.:D

Whoa, F* must be a saint. But no PCC pls.

A_Nobody
06-11-2002, 07:44 PM
For me, I already stopped for over 11 months.
As the time of testing was already
about 10 1/2 months

Bro mel&nicole,

Thank you. Actually, it is not that diffcult, once my mind is made up plus the experience i encountered prior to the testing at Kelantan clinic, i vow never to enter such vices.

Looking back at my sordid lifestyle and comparing it now, i would never ever go back again. Never.

Bro A_nobody, i have just click on this thread and given it a best rating. I thought your thread serves as a very balanced view to the gung-ho attitude of many bros here.

Healey
07-11-2002, 10:44 AM
Hi A-Nobody bro,

Like u, i am coping very well. As u can see, both of us had managed to stay clean and healthy for that long a period without much hesitation or diffculty. Reason is purely the fear of HIV that overwhelm everything. In the words of the hardcore cheongers here, getting the mother of all f****. The fear of catching the utlimate prize.

In this regards, Kudos to u for making the effort to stay clean and putting up this thread to share yr personal experience. Like i say before, i had click yr thread here and rated it best bec' it is relevant and provide balanced to the forum. But to my somewhat disappointment, it didn't get rated. However, i do noticed that sammy had put yr thread as one of the link in his homepage! Cheers Sammy!

A_Nobody
07-11-2002, 07:26 PM
Anyway I learn from mistakes and I was at my low point
emotionally for many years. Sometimes needed a boost
so just pay money for a shot.

I find going to GL or finding a FL rather unfulfilling.
After paying up and you are left all alone again.

It was a toture when I stop. And I realise that I am left
behind while my peers were enjoying time with their family.
I too wanted a family and I have to clear my doubts. And
one of it is to visit the DSC clinic to clear my mind.

I guess fate has its way of letting people see the real
meaning of life.

Only recently that I try to put my life back in order
Hi A-Nobody bro,

Like u, i am coping very well. As u can see, both of us had managed to stay clean and healthy for that long a period without much hesitation or diffculty. Reason is purely the fear of HIV that overwhelm everything. In the words of the hardcore cheongers here, getting the mother of all f****. The fear of catching the utlimate prize.

In this regards, Kudos to u for making the effort to stay clean and putting up this thread to share yr personal experience. Like i say before, i had click yr thread here and rated it best bec' it is relevant and provide balanced to the forum. But to my somewhat disappointment, it didn't get rated. However, i do noticed that sammy had put yr thread as one of the link in his homepage! Cheers Sammy!

stussy23
08-11-2002, 11:52 PM
hi bro, i too would like to go for this test,

i heard that u can only take the test on certain days at certain times? can anyone tell me when is the test available?

kye_76
09-11-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by A_Nobody
Anyway I learn from mistakes and I was at my low point
emotionally for many years. Sometimes needed a boost
so just pay money for a shot.

I find going to GL or finding a FL rather unfulfilling.
After paying up and you are left all alone again.

It was a toture when I stop. And I realise that I am left
behind while my peers were enjoying time with their family.
I too wanted a family and I have to clear my doubts. And
one of it is to visit the DSC clinic to clear my mind.

I guess fate has its way of letting people see the real
meaning of life.

Only recently that I try to put my life back in order

Good thought dude.

I had kinda same experience as you. Instead of going to Kelantan Lane, I went to my doc. He was very comforting and made the whole check-up and blood test much easier. While you had to wait 20 mins, I waited a good 6 days for my blood test! Those 6 days were the longest days of my life. Results for STD and HIV were negative. Nevertheless, I went back for a second check-up 6 months later. No problemo!

The whole experience taught me a good lesson. Life is beautiful and I should always cherish it. While I do not deny that sex is an important element in life, I believe there are more to that in my life. If I were killed by some freak accident, I would accept it as fate. But to be devasted by a stupid virus that I am able to avoid, it would be the biggest regret of my life.

I aint preaching here but just sharing my thoughts and believes. I guess different people have different priorities in life. Good or bad, mine does not revolve around sex now.

Cheers.

A_Nobody
09-11-2002, 01:20 AM
Stussy23 you can go on these days,

Wednesday from 1830 onwards
Saturday from 1300 to 1600

And pls prepare to pay $20 for the test.
Payment is in cash.

Originally posted by stussy23
hi bro, i too would like to go for this test,

i heard that u can only take the test on certain days at certain times? can anyone tell me when is the test available?

shangkuan
09-11-2002, 03:51 PM
I applaud all bros who are sensible enough to re-organise their lives. When I read of bros who do it raw and how much they enjoy kissing their abalone... I think they do not fully appreciate the risk they are taking.

The terror and agony of waiting for the results cannot be described... not to mention having to wait a few more months for the next test.

I stand in "awe" of some bros who feel that you should not cheong if you are scared. Sex is meant to be enjoyed and I would rather do it safely and like kye said, not to be destroyed by some stupid virus that you can definitely avoid.

Frankly this forum serves as a reality check for me and to remind myself when I read of bros who get tested at DSC. We should extend a helping hand and encourage other bros when they are down. But good advice is painful to one's ears.

omnia
09-11-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by shangkuan
I applaud all bros who are sensible enough to re-organise their lives. When I read of bros who do it raw and how much they enjoy kissing their abalone... I think they do not fully appreciate the risk they are taking.

The terror and agony of waiting for the results cannot be described... not to mention having to wait a few more months for the next test.

I stand in "awe" of some bros who feel that you should not cheong if you are scared. Sex is meant to be enjoyed and I would rather do it safely and like kye said, not to be destroyed by some stupid virus that you can definitely avoid.

Frankly this forum serves as a reality check for me and to remind myself when I read of bros who get tested at DSC. We should extend a helping hand and encourage other bros when they are down. But good advice is painful to one's ears.

well said!...by all means enjoy...but try to minimise the risks...

susuyamyam
12-11-2002, 04:41 PM
bros,

wat happen if found positive? how abt PRs here. wat the govt do to PRs?

Cuntalk
12-11-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by susuyamyam
bros,

wat happen if found positive? how abt PRs here. wat the govt do to PRs?

for PRs the govt will chop off ur dick...:D

cumming
12-11-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Cuntalk
for PRs the govt will chop off ur dick...:D

thats y all the "gals" at changi village are positive PRs..:D work with pride!!

susuyamyam
14-11-2002, 10:18 AM
Bros,

What if i am found HIV positive, especially Permanent residents.

joker85
17-11-2002, 02:28 PM
wah u are one lucky guy ahaha nice experience

opticum
17-11-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by susuyamyam
Bros,

What if i am found HIV positive, especially Permanent residents.

Kena expelled from here, and banned from GL by ISA spies...

mel&nicole
17-11-2002, 10:39 PM
I also free for abt 1/2 yr liao....

If there's a will, there's a way

sleazerat
24-11-2002, 03:32 PM
After 7 years of cheoning.....and 4 HIV/HEP-B/VDRL blood tests, I'm thankful that I'm still clean.

Moving on....... it's time to retired.

susuyamyam
29-11-2002, 05:16 PM
Brother,

where is this kelantan lane anyway. Waht is this DSC address?

cucumber
15-12-2002, 07:19 PM
Does DSC clinic provide testing for STDs like Syphillis, Gonorrhoea etd, in addition to HIV and if so, whats the cost??

jojoman
06-01-2003, 05:36 PM
i have stop going to this places,
the fear is overwhelming!

ParaParaSakura
06-01-2003, 06:24 PM
the clinic moved to across the road oredi.......now in the multi-storey carpark same row as the coffeeshop that sells the famous laska opposite Ah Boy motorshop..........now the look more classy & upmarket........anyone knows moved how long oredi?

need4cum
10-01-2003, 10:13 PM
wah, i think i also need to go for the test.... then i'll be a bit more relieve.....
but think again, maybe not...

izsim
13-01-2003, 04:20 PM
bros,

do you need to fill in actual personal particulars when taking the HIV test in kelatan?

do they do STD tests also? If not any recommendation?

thanks

shangkuan
22-01-2003, 09:58 PM
No personal details about you are needed when you take the HIV test at Action For Aids (Kelantan Lane). You just pay a small fee.. they issue you a number. Anonymity guaranteed.

I think there is also facility to test for STD. That .... I think you need to feel in details.

jackaal99
24-01-2003, 01:59 PM
Bros,

anyone of you can provide detailed locations and directions to DSC

might wana go have a check but totally duno wher it's at

also how much is the fee
and need bring anything along?

thanx

pat888
24-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by jackaal99
Bros,

also how much is the fee

thanx

the clinic moved to across the road oredi.......now in the multi-storey carpark same row as the coffeeshop that sells the famous laska opposite Ah Boy motorshop..........now the look more classy & upmarket........quote by paraparasakura and u dun bother to read..........

:mad:

jackaal99
24-01-2003, 03:36 PM
Bro i read liao,

jus dun understand, cos in the 1st place i dun even noe where it is, all i hear and read is ppl sayin kelantan

if i wana go by bus or cab,
how to

thanx ar

pat888
24-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Bro i read liao,

jus dun understand, cos in the 1st place i dun even noe where it is, all i hear and read is ppl sayin kelantan

how to

thanx ar

take a cab there,tell the driver kelantan lane beside the police post.just beside the police post,there is a block facing afew motorcycle shop,from there u can c it around there.....

manhorse
24-01-2003, 06:03 PM
Bro i read liao,

how to

thanx ar

any cabbie will know the place, just say Kelantan clinic, check for VD. they all know.

A_Nobody
28-01-2003, 01:13 AM
Go check the street directory and look for kelantan lane.
It is 10 - 15 mins walk from Sim Lim Square.

Bros,

also how much is the fee

thanx

goodpartner
30-01-2003, 03:13 PM
so what happens if test +ve after that 20 min wait? what will the counsellor do next? I guess they'll ask you to do more test to acertain if other STD are present, and will they let you go queitly?

i mean, do you still get to remain confidential about it or will they insist that your particulars be taken down becoz it's contagious?

i would imagine that the authorities will want to keep track of these statistic that they'll want the records. how far will they go to prevent you from "spreading further" (not that you'll do deliberately) and nag you to join some support group/etc so as to keep these under control?

dun expect any bro to have a FR on this, but juz in case you know from other sources and care to share. thx.

manhorse
01-02-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by goodpartner
so what happens .......
dun expect any bro to have a FR on this, but juz in case you know from other sources and care to share. thx.

FR?? most likely a very nasty, personal experience that those who had experienced it, would like or wish to forget.

goodpartner
04-02-2003, 02:31 AM
well, i suppose it'll be "nice" to know what will happen becoz this would be a major consideration when deciding to go for a check-up or not?

jackaal99
04-02-2003, 11:10 AM
well, i suppose it'll be "nice" to know what will happen becoz this would be a major consideration when deciding to go for a check-up or not?

Bruders, i guessed no matter how much balls u got, u'll definitely go with a heavy heart

Some information, hope useful to those who are contemplating a visit:

1. DSC website: dsc-sexualhealth.com.sg

2. DSC address: 31 Kelantan Lane #01-16 Singapore 200031

3. DSC Tel/Fax: 62939648 / 62994335

4. Anoynomous HIV testing is not available everyday. I just came back empty-handed. Malay encik at the counter said it's available on wednesdays, 6.30-8.00pm, and saturdays, 1-4pm. Wait for 2 hours to get report, no particulars taken down, so no way to catalogue your data if positive (touchwood).

5. It cost $20 for anoynomous test. If you dun want that, can go anytime, but need registration. You'll get your results in a week, most prob by post to your home (not advisable).

6. However, if you go to the website and check out the operating times, it doesn't accomodate the anoynomous testing times. Also, there are no signs or information whatsoever regarding it.

I'll try to confirm the timing and share.

hunk1e
05-02-2003, 09:17 PM
Hi Bros,

I was @ the DSC this morning too. Reason was becos for the past 2 weeks, I've noticed small red dots on my brother and I had sleepless nights thinking that I've contracted some disease.. Readin info on the web abt STD's even made me feel worse! So plucked my courage and went down for a check. I opted for the full STD check which also includes the HIV blood test. Here's my detailed report on what the exact procedure is: This is the non-anonymous test... meaning all personal info is taken down.

1000 - reached clinic, registration counter immediately take my IC and gave me a ticket.

1015 - Tot can see doc liow as my number was called.. instead, went back to registration counter and ask me pay $12 consultation fee,gave my IC back then ask me sit down again wait for same number outside another room. chey...

1050 - after what seemed like hours, my turn came again and went into room.. chey.. not doctor.. just a male nurse doing screening. Ask me what my problems were.. so told him about my dots.. he ask me drop my pants and then he inspected it.. he said it doesnt look like anything for me to worry abt but then again better confirm with the doc... so still must worry loh.. next.. ask me if I go for paid sex lah.. blah blah blah.. then he recommend me to take HIV blood test.. so I agreed. Then he said b4 can draw my blood, must go see counsellor first for briefing about AIDS.

1100 - Go to another rm.. luckily no need to wait long.. indian lady counsellor ask me lots of qns abt my sex life and tell me abt AIDS virus.. then ask me since im drawing blood for HIV test, I might as well take the Syphilis and Hepetitis B test also.. So I said ok. Left the rm and ask me go back to the first rm with the Male nurse again to draw blood.. sigh... some more must wait my turn again from the start....

1120 - My turn comes again. See the same male nurse and this time he says "I am going to draw some blood from you and this is going to hurt" shit man! I tot someone said just a prick on finger.. so he draws 1 WHOLE syringe worth of my blood. But it was'nt that painful after all lah. Best part.. Must wait 1 week b4 the results r out.

1140 - Finally get to see the doc. show him my brother and after inspecting it thoroughly, he looks at me and says..... "Blood vessels only" I said huh?? He explained that sometimes when your body is hot *heaty* the blood vessels will show.. most pple have it on their hands.. and some on their brother.. so it's perfectly normal.. .. what a sigh of relief man! :) Recently joined the gym.. and been having steam rm and Jacuzzi regularly.. that must have caused my body temp to go up loh...

1150 - Paid the balance at the counter and my next appt is next week just to get the results.

Total cost:

Consultation: $12
HIV + Syphilis + Hepetitis B blood test : $36

Total damage: $48 + 2 hours. Well worth it as my worries are gone. Actually after next week then I'll be cleared horr...

I hope this gives all of you out there a clearer view of what goes on. Once your inside, no need to paisey liow.. cos everyone there are there for the same reason.

leidaisor
06-02-2003, 10:34 AM
I went down to DSC too for my checkup...

Same thing as brudder hunk1e have said... and I did exactly all the same procedure as him... total cost $48 and slightly over 2 hours.

BTW. The doc said herpes cannot be checked there unless there's visible blisters or sores which they will then take some liquid off for the viral culture test... so if you think you've got herpes but shows no blisters, they can't do anything... anyway, herpes is non life-threatening so they probably put it on low priority.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed while waiting for the results...

manhorse
06-02-2003, 07:24 PM
really must salute hunk1e and leidaisor for being so calm abt it. I have the screaming jeebies by now, biting my nails, having sleepless nights till the results come out.

just be more careful and......don't wait a crummy 2 weeks, get help at once so you get treated fast.

Pfizer
14-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by leidaisor
I went down to DSC too for my checkup...

Same thing as brudder hunk1e have said... and I did exactly all the same procedure as him... total cost $48 and slightly over 2 hours.

BTW. The doc said herpes cannot be checked there unless there's visible blisters or sores which they will then take some liquid off for the viral culture test... so if you think you've got herpes but shows no blisters, they can't do anything... anyway, herpes is non life-threatening so they probably put it on low priority.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed while waiting for the results...

Went for my checkup today... only 1 hour. Went in at 2.35pm, left at 3.30pm...:)

Pfizer
14-02-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by sleazerat
After 7 years of cheoning.....and 4 HIV/HEP-B/VDRL blood tests, I'm thankful that I'm still clean.

Moving on....... it's time to retired.

what's VDRL?

goodpartner
14-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Pfizer
what's VDRL?

http://health.yahoo.com/health/encyclopedia/003515/0.html

btw, congrats for being tested -ve! me still counting down to the 30 days wait.... all sort of crazy ideas went thru my mind and still going on... :(

Pfizer
14-02-2003, 10:16 PM
http://health.yahoo.com/health/encyclopedia/003515/0.html

btw, congrats for being tested -ve! me still counting down to the 30 days wait.... all sort of crazy ideas went thru my mind and still going on... :(

I just went today for my check up, not so fast get results. Seven more days to go b4 the results are out. HOw come yours is so long? 30 days?

crazyops
15-02-2003, 10:20 AM
Hi Bro,

I'm kinda panic now as I've had a session with a PRC FL at L8 on 11/2 after some drinks. After the session, I discover that the 'rubber' broke. So it means that I've been doing raw with the FL.

I wanted to go a test but how long should I wait before going or should I go immediately.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Pfizer
15-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by crazyops
Hi Bro,

I'm kinda panic now as I've had a session with a PRC FL at L8 on 11/2 after some drinks. After the session, I discover that the 'rubber' broke. So it means that I've been doing raw with the FL.

I wanted to go a test but how long should I wait before going or should I go immediately.

Please advise.

Thanks.

with improved test methods, window period reduced to 1-2 months according to the counsellor. U can try going for a test about 1 month later and repeat again after 1-2 months again to be sure. Of course if u have symptoms, go asap....

good luck

beijingboy
19-02-2003, 01:56 PM
You can go for a rapid test after 28 days. As for other tests, you need 3 months. However, all these tests do not prove you are not infected, they just prove you are 99% clear. To be 100% sure, you need 6 months.

Originally posted by crazyops
Hi Bro,

Please advise.

Thanks.

iloveBJ
28-02-2003, 06:23 PM
sighz.. i guess after reading all these postings.. i tink i better get a new life... played too much liaoz.. and all these postings did have some effects on me.. sighz..

goodpartner
28-02-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by iloveBJ
sighz.. i guess after reading all these postings.. i tink i better get a new life... played too much liaoz.. and all these postings did have some effects on me.. sighz..

good for u... and if u're still undecided....maybe my dsc FR 2 wed ago will help...

the anonymous HIV test...

This is my very first hiv test; couldn't wait for the 30 days (minimum) incubation window after bonking raw with a cat40 accidentally 2 weeks ago. Decided to get an 'initial' test first to see if my previous years of "safe" casual & commercial bonks would already render further wait meaningless.... the result : -ve so far. Meaning that if I'm damn unlucky in my next test(s), it must be that cat40...

Reached DSC at about 7:35pm. It's actually quite discreetly located within a long multi-story carpark cum coffeeshop building, with main entrance at ground level facing the small & relatively quiet kelantan lane. A temporary poster cum sign post placed outside the glass door indicate that anonymous hiv testing is available by proceeding to the reception counter inside and getting a queue#.

The indian lady handed me a single page form which has questions that sound more like a survey for statistics; age, marrital status, race, how u know about DSC, would you go DSC if there's no anonymous testing available, etc... I got 4 digit queue# at eight thousand plus; likely that they don't recycle these numbers so it makes me wonder how many ppl have been tested in DSC so far....

Only a handful of guys waiting for their turns, I didn't see any of those WLs as mentioned in previous posts. Most are there alone like me, except for two ah-beng-lookalike who were happily chatting away in the waiting area. I walked to those big information boards located in the middle of the waiting area; good concise info on STD and HIV, their symtoms, detail photos showing how those "blisters" look like, etc. and along with the window period details - info which will be nice if replicated in this forum - I thought, but not in the right mood to copy them. Trying to remain kool on the outside, juz like everyone else there...

At 7.50pm, my # was called and the counsellor/nurse serving me was a 'big' lady.... (there was a smiley male counsellor in the other room) - i began to get more uneasy. In the room which looks like any typical doctor consultation room, she took out another questionnair form and said she'll be asking some personal questions which will help to assess my 'risk' level...

Anyway, since I'm one of those "decent" looking fellow, i decided to avoid embarrassing myself AND her... so I cheated in some answers like "have u had commercial sex..." (No! ofcoz!). I said I've "casual" sex with a number of "strangers" ONS type and sometimes w/o using helmet, so i need the test. At the end of the survey, she wanted to classify me under "low risk" category which i kindly object and insist that I fall under "medium risk" group by giving lame justifications like "those gals I slept with are the 'loose' type" - thinking back now, i wonder what the heck should i even bother to argue...and ain't myself also a 'loose' man to sleep around??! ....but anyway.

She asked if I've further questions which I hesitated (lots of question I do actually have!) as she put on a rubber gloove. Then suggested that I quickily do the test and FO the place... One question I managed to pull out was how frequent ppl get tested +ve in DSC per day; her reply is... it's not often and very seldom; sort of gave me some reliefs before pricking my finger and dropping a drop of blood on the HIV test strip... (can those be purchased at the phamacy? I wanted to ask)

Thereafter, like many bros who posted here, I had my longest 20mins wait of my life outside the room back in that waiting area while she serve other 'patients'. So overwhelming, no words can describe...

When the same counsellor called my number again, my first reaction was to search for tell-tale sign from her facial expression.... sh*t man I thought, she gave me a blank and serious looks!!! I read in other posts here the councellor would smile and all, but this didn't happen! That's it, I was desperate... I was speechless until she start speaking.... and as expected, she start explaining how the test strip works.... "just tell me the fcuking result!" - my heart was shouting at her...

The test strip shows you are negative.... I let go a sigh of relief - ok I'm fine all these years right till 6mths ago I thought to myself.... She recommended that I do NOT need to go back again for another test, but I just smile as disagreement, since the 1 month window period has not even past, not to mention the 6mth test later...

Still, I walked out (8:25pm) of DSC via the side exit door with a very heavy heart... now saturated with thoughts of the next visit; I think will be a worse experience than this since if I kenna it, it's really damn bloody suay man.... of all the years i was careful, and wonder if that single incident would destroy my life....

I wonder now, if suay suay that cat40 was hiv +ve, what are the chances that one will get it too in one raw session wif her? izit that trasmission will 100% happen or are there still chances in between?

well, until the next FR...

Pfizer
01-03-2003, 11:24 AM

I wonder now, if suay suay that cat40 was hiv +ve, what are the chances that one will get it too in one raw session wif her? izit that trasmission will 100% happen or are there still chances in between?

If that cat40 was hiv +ve, u will most probably get it... but if she was hiv +ve, most probably she won't be around in GL... Look on the bright side of life.

Cheers :)

iloveBJ
01-03-2003, 02:53 PM
If that cat40 was hiv +ve, u will most probably get it... but if she was hiv +ve, most probably she won't be around in GL... Look on the bright side of life.

hmm.. eh, so u guys think i shld go for a body checkup?? sighz.. its very very scary and frightening...

Pfizer
01-03-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by iloveBJ
hmm.. eh, so u guys think i shld go for a body checkup?? sighz.. its very very scary and frightening...

Simple.... if it puts your mind at ease after the body checkup, by all means.

Normally unless u have symptoms, DSC will not entertain tests for other STDs. They only do HIV, Hep B, Syphilis for normal walk in customers.

Hope this helps.

goodpartner
01-03-2003, 09:02 PM

well, she is also subjected to the 3-6mth window before any of her own tests are conclusive, during which the virus can still be pass on; that's my oni concern...

most cat40 are educated abt using protections, but then if there are incidents like mine happening to her then there are still some risk.

anyway, thx...am looking at the bright side of life still... else would not go bonk at GL just a few days ago, also did a check that she's still working there after 3 weeks.... ;)

for all bros who's worried reading these, i can say that if u've been bonking "safely" all these while, then u should be quite safe (from hiv) which is really transmitted via blood/semens unlike other STDs. i've start "safe" commercial sex since eh... 5 yrs ago.

i've read on the web that there are literally no reports on people getting the virus from their hiv carrier partner when safe sex is practised (helmet); not sure if this is a marketing thing for condom manufacturers but it's quite logical to think so too.

so, keeping bonking! but play safe.... AND be alert while you're enjoying the moment too! if it's of any help at all, rinse your dick head's opening with plenty of water and PEE as soon as you discover the helmet broke halfway or drop off accidentally like me....keke

Pfizer
01-03-2003, 11:40 PM
well, she is also subjected to the 3-6mth window before any of her own tests are conclusive, during which the virus can still be pass on; that's my oni concern...

most cat40 are educated abt using protections, but then if there are incidents like mine happening to her then there are still some risk.

anyway, thx...am looking at the bright side of life still... else would not go bonk at GL just a few days ago, also did a check that she's still working there after 3 weeks.... ;)

for all bros who's worried reading these, i can say that if u've been bonking "safely" all these while, then u should be quite safe (from hiv) which is really transmitted via blood/semens unlike other STDs. i've start "safe" commercial sex since eh... 5 yrs ago.

i've read on the web that there are literally no reports on people getting the virus from their hiv carrier partner when safe sex is practised (helmet); not sure if this is a marketing thing for condom manufacturers but it's quite logical to think so too.

so, keeping bonking! but play safe.... AND be alert while you're enjoying the moment too! if it's of any help at all, rinse your dick head's opening with plenty of water and PEE as soon as you discover the helmet broke halfway or drop off accidentally like me....keke

The counsellor at the DSC did tell me that the testing methods have been improved, and now the window period has become on the average 1-2 months.

Some time back, I had read somewhere that the molecules of the HIV virus in comparison to the molecules of the Condom material is akin comparing a ping pong ball and a bowling ball. Even though u may wear protection on your brudder, the molecules of the HIV may still seep through cos they are smaller. The condom is useful against prevention of pregnancy more so than HIV. But then again, this info is from years back...

goodpartner
06-03-2003, 12:28 AM
today is exactly 1 month from the "raw" incident and two weeks from my last DSC check - i did another test and here's the FR.

quite the same experience as the last, except that this time there were more people there; got at least 3 couples somemore and saw a chio bu on the way out too! i got a number which is 137 more than 2 weeks ago...

serving me was a young chap around 20. being somewhat less worried this time, i managed to take time for a few questions:

1) what will DSC do to ppl tested +ve during the anonymous test?
Ans: we have counsellors stand-by to help them in case they go berserk, run out of the DSC and dunno what they'll do to the public.... we'll then help them to join a support group...

2) can i buy these test strips in phamacies?
Ans: no, it's a controlled item not available in singapore. the government do not want ppl to test by themselves which could interpret the result wrongly or test incorrectly, then they go berserk...etc. that's why it must be done under supervision of counsellors...

3) does ppl tested +ve still have a choice to remain anonymous?
Ans: yes, since no particulars are taken and they won't be reported to the medical board (or something). however, without registering with the medical board, they can't buy medications.... they won't be able to get medications for treating hiv elsewhere... (hmm... meaning die die must surrender lah!? or go oversea to buy...dunno have or not)

4) is there really such restrictions that hiv sgp citizen cannot travel abroad? What about foreigner and PR?
Ans: not sure about such restrictions, but foreigners will be asked to leave the country, not sure about PR too. (hmm... I think same thing, the other country won't allow hiv carrier to enter their country too, so it may be true that traveling abroad may be a big issue for them)

after all these chit-chats, he prick my finger, squeezed damn hard for blood (becoz by then i oredi got cold feets/fingers), drop on the test strip, and out i got for that dreadful 20min wait again....

you are -ve; only one line. *relief*

it'll be another 5 months before my next and hopefully last FR on DSC....

Pfizer
06-03-2003, 12:37 AM
today is exactly 1 month from the "raw" incident and two weeks from my last DSC check - i did another test and here's the FR.

quite the same experience as the last, except that this time there are more people there; got at least 3 couples somemore and saw a chio bu on the way out too! i got a number which is 137 more than 2 weeks ago...

serving me was a young chap around 20. being somewhat less worried this time, i managed to talk time for a few questions:

1) what will DSC do to ppl tested +ve during the anonymous test?
Ans: we have counsellors stand-by to help them in case they go bersek, run out of the DSC and act madly....

2) can i buy these test strips in phamacies?
Ans: no, it's a controlled item not available in singapore. the government do not want ppl to test by themselves which could interpret the result wrongly or test incorrectly, then they go berserk...etc. that's why it must be done under supervision of counsellors...

3) does ppl tested +ve still have a choice to remain anonymous?
Ans: yes, since no particulars are taken and they won't be reported to the medical board (or something). however, without registering with the medical board, they can't buy medications.... they won't be able to get medications for treating hiv elsewhere... (hmm... meaning die die must surrender lah!? or go oversea to buy...dunno can or not)

4) is there really such restrictions that hiv sgp citizen cannot travel abroad? What about foreigner and PR?
Ans: not sure about such restrictions, but foreigners will be asked to leave the country, not sure about PR too. (hmm... I think same thing, the other country won't allow hiv carrier to enter their country too, so it may be true that traveling abroad may be a big issue for them)

after all these chit-chats, he prick my finger, squeezed damn hard for blood (becoz by then i oredi got cold feets/fingers), drop on the test strip, and out i got for that dreadful 20min wait again....

you are -ve; only one line. *relief*

it'll be another 5 months before my next and hopefully last FR on DSC....

gd luck, dun worry too much. Won't be so suay... :)

BTech
06-03-2003, 12:44 AM
The counsellor at the DSC did tell me that the testing methods have been improved, and now the window period has become on the average 1-2 months.

Some time back, I had read somewhere that the molecules of the HIV virus in comparison to the molecules of the Condom material is akin comparing a ping pong ball and a bowling ball. Even though u may wear protection on your brudder, the molecules of the HIV may still seep through cos they are smaller. The condom is useful against prevention of pregnancy more so than HIV. But then again, this info is from years back...

Bros.......

If indeed the window period is shortened to the 1~2mths..... do u think test would be conclusibe if tested say within the 8week period after exposure? I am getting mixed responses cos counsellors say gotta wait for the 3 and then the 6 mth window PROVIDED one does not continue with DANGEROUS activites as this would push the window period.

So what is what? this 1 ~ 2 mth period / window... what's this about? Does it refer to the Rapid test or the Ellsa test methods ?

goodpartner
06-03-2003, 12:46 AM
gd luck, dun worry too much. Won't be so suay... :)

thanks again ;)

but like one bro in the forum quoted:

lan suay, qi jiao ma eh bian gong kuay!
(read: if the person is unlucky, rear bird also can turn into a cock!)

keke....quite farni... but got a point there.

goodpartner
06-03-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by BTech
Bros.......

If indeed the window period is shortened to the 1~2mths..... do u think test would be conclusibe if tested say within the 8week period after exposure? I am getting mixed responses cos counsellors say gotta wait for the 3 and then the 6 mth window PROVIDED one does not continue with DANGEROUS activites as this would push the window period.

So what is what? this 1 ~ 2 mth period / window... what's this about? Does it refer to the Rapid test or the Ellsa test methods ?

on the DSC "survey" form, it's stated in bold that u can test after ONE month and then another test at SIX months. So whatever tests there exist in the market/overseas today doesn't matter. what's important is the you're testing at DSC and they state that ONE month is good for the first test.

And yes, definitely need another 5 months (total 6) to be close to 100% sure. the one-month test is perhaps 95% or something...

if 8 weeks has passed for u, lagi better.... for the first test.

and ofcoz DANGEROUS activities to be avoided else the window will be reset from begining... for me, i dun consider protected sex as DANGEROUS althought there are risk (like helmet broke or slip off like me)

Pfizer
06-03-2003, 01:09 AM
thanks again ;)

but like one bro in the forum quoted:

lan suay, qi jiao ma eh bian gong kuay!
(read: if the person is unlucky, rear bird also can turn into a cock!)

keke....quite farni... but got a point there.

yeah..... want to play, dun scared. Scared, then dun play.. heh heh. :)

opticum
06-03-2003, 08:56 PM
yeah..... want to play, dun scared. Scared, then dun play.. heh heh. :)

True, there's always a tradeoff in the real world.

jojoman
12-03-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by opticum
True, there's always a tradeoff in the real world.

no fcuking courage to go for a test!~

goodpartner
12-03-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by jojoman

why not look at it this way which i did...

u get more time to treat (althought not cure) it the sooner u find out and significantly reduce the chances of it developing into the "terminal" stage of hiv....

so why wait around? when the real symtoms surface, it'll be too late as it means u would have it for a while oredi. so it make sense to test often being a regular in the commercial sex scene...

note that the treatment nowadays can make a big different to the life-span, depending on how earlier it's discover (if any).

i noe i'm begining to sound like an educationist from the AV... well, like any concerned bro who has been researching the web on such stuffs for a while, u can become an "expert" on these topics man...

oh...btw.... to those comments on "scare dun play...play dun scare..blah blah".... come'on wrong # lah... not relevant in this thread..... this thread is for those who has wayyy pass that play/scare stage. ;)

Pfizer
13-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by jojoman

If u believed u had been exposed to the virus... do go for the test. It will help you physically and mentally.

Last time, I myself never thought of going for the test, unless someone went with me. Then I thought it through, its for my own good. And so one fine Valentine's Day, instead of going out dating, I went to DSC for the tests. One week later, I can smile big big..... :)