PDA

View Full Version : Satun Thailand

Thailand king
26-10-2006, 12:27 AM
Dear Brothers,
Any bros have infomation on this island?? Please post your experience about hotels , locations and any cheonging places. Thanks

Cheers
TK

Cyber@id
26-10-2006, 02:05 AM
Bro Thailand king

Satun is a small province in southern thailand, (not a island) that borders Malaysia, facing the Andaman Sea. It is situated beside songkhla province (less than 100 km from hty), that possesses renowned picturesque islands with verdant forests and mountainous land. Satun is mostly populated by muslim thai.

Tourists normally visit the pristine islands of Tarutao National Park. Its landscape is full of underwater peaks, excellent beaches, calm and peaceful coves, jungle and mangrove swamps. Snorkelling can be found at Lipe island, while neighbour Adnag island is stunning with forest, hills and waterfalls.

There is a ferry service from Satun to Malaysia (langkawi). Many years back it was a peaceful place where by most of the residents earn living as fisherman and rubber tapper. It's a place to go if you're keen in fishing, other than that I would advice you not to go as it is also one of the "problem" province in southern thailand.

Nothing much really about the night life in Satun, last time I visited it (2-3 years back) there is only one disco, a few pubs and that's about all. Try the famous local fish head noddle in the centre of the town.

For more info, please visit www.satun.go.th

Hope this little bit of info helps.

Thailand king
27-10-2006, 01:53 AM
Bro Cyber@id,

Thanks for the needed info. At least I know what I need to bring there if I happen to visit satun. haha Fishing Rod and will let my ROD rest. Hehehe:D

Cheers
TK

Cyber@id
27-10-2006, 02:04 AM
Bro Cyber@id,

Thanks for the needed info. At least I know what I need to bring there if I happen to visit satun. haha Fishing Rod and will let my ROD rest. Hehehe:D

Cheers
TK

Bro Thailand King

Or alternatively, you can bring your own fish to Satun just in case there got no fish for you to fry....:D

Happing Fishing.....

Regards.

Chief_Executive
27-10-2006, 09:13 AM
better not go, later got head go, no head back. thnks for the advice. :)

other than that I would advice you not to go as it is also one of the "problem" province in southern thailand.
Hope this little bit of info helps.

BeatAeroplane
27-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Hi Bro,
A couple of years ago, while holidaying in Langkawi, I received instructions to travel to Bangkok for a meeting. No direct flights at that time from Langkawi to Bangkok. So I asked around, and decided to take a ferry to Satun, then travell about 85 km to Hatyai Airport and flew from there.
The whole journey worked out well, but I don't think it is advisable to do the same journey now with the political problems in the South.
There were quite a few ang moh backpackers on the ferry from Langkawi as well. Apparently, they were taking land transport from Satun to Krabi and then on to Phuket.
Satun is a small Muslim town. In fact, there are quite a number of Malays living there as well. Did not see much cheonging activities during my short transit in the town.:D