Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Castrol
03-09-2006, 12:44 AM
Welcome to White Hart Lane!

http://vari.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/newspurslogo.jpg

Premiership Champions (Old Division 1): 1950-1951, 1960-1961
FA Cup Winners: 1901 1921 1961 1962 1967 1981 1982 1991
League Cup Winners: 1971 1973 1999
Charity Shield Winners: 1920-1921, 1951-1952, 1961-1962, 1962-1963, 1967-1968, 1981-1982, 1991-1992
European Cup Winners Cup Winners: 1963
UEFA Cup Winners: 1972 1984
Division 1 Champions (Old Division 2): 1920 1950

taurus75
03-09-2006, 01:08 AM
yeah..brudder. COngrats on Spurs thread man.

now we can finally see 'Glenn Hoddle'!
wooha...

Castrol
03-09-2006, 01:29 AM
yeah..brudder. COngrats on Spurs thread man.

now we can finally see 'Glenn Hoddle'!
wooha...

thank you bro, and you started it all, you made it possible with the proposal to BOSS for a epl forum. yeah you... no no dont go looking elsewhere... its you, yeah, you.

the uncanny crouch just made it 5 love for england. they're making a sanitary pad out of andorra. :D

taurus75
03-09-2006, 01:42 AM
thank you bro, and you started it all, you made it possible with the proposal to BOSS for a epl forum. yeah you... no no dont go looking elsewhere... its you, yeah, you.

the uncanny crouch just made it 5 love for england. they're making a sanitary pad out of andorra. :D

actually not me totally...its the PASSION in us for football and the club we supporting all these years..not forgetting BOSS for his great understanding!
yeah 5 love...! maybe my lampard and terry just akan relakto(relax) a bit and waiting for the next match to perform...??:rolleyes:

JWNY
03-09-2006, 01:45 AM
not to forget our newly acquired Ash Cole...:)

JWNY

JWNY
03-09-2006, 01:48 AM
Spurs were a joy to watch when the likes of Klinsmann and Ruel Fox were around :)

JWNY

Verdon1977
03-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Upcoming Match:

Date: 09 September 2006

Type:
BARCLAYS PREMIERSHIP

FIXTURES: http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/f67c42a8db.jpg (http://www.uploadfile.info) VS http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/85482d1da4.jpg (http://www.uploadfile.info)

May the best team WIN!!!

Castrol
03-09-2006, 12:41 PM
yeah 5 love...! maybe my lampard and terry just akan relakto(relax) a bit and waiting for the next match to perform...??:rolleyes:

not just both of them, most of the english players must be wondering, if that was really a qualifier at all, and why they dont let andorra field 15 players. :D

Castrol
03-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Spurs were a joy to watch when the likes of Klinsmann and Ruel Fox were around :)

JWNY

shaun wright philips reminds me so much of sexy ruel fox. and when i think of ruel fox, i think of the the great Garth Crooks. :D

Castrol
03-09-2006, 12:52 PM
[
FIXTURES: http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/f67c42a8db.jpg (http://www.uploadfile.info) VS http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/85482d1da4.jpg (http://www.uploadfile.info)

]

God bless the lily whites...

JWNY
03-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Still remember not too long ago...Mendes shot from almost the half way line and the ball fell over more than a yard over the goal line but the goal was not given? (come on Red Devils, you KNOW what i'm talking about) ;)

JWNY

Verdon1977
03-09-2006, 12:58 PM
God bless the lily whites...

Satan 'curse' the Red devil..... :D

Red-Card
03-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Next's up against current league leader and the form team, it's going to tough

Shiokday
05-09-2006, 08:48 AM

here got kangtao to win $ bo?:D

waypastprime
05-09-2006, 09:21 AM

So, can eat Man U 1 ball or not? :p

If not accurate, got reimbursement? :D

Castrol
05-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Still remember not too long ago...Mendes shot from almost the half way line and the ball fell over more than a yard over the goal line but the goal was not given? (come on Red Devils, you KNOW what i'm talking about) ;)

JWNY

everybody and his brother saw it was a goal by magnificent mendes. but nobody except me saw the referee winked at alex as he waved play on... ;)

Castrol
05-09-2006, 10:28 AM
here got kangtao to win $ bo?:

So, can eat Man U 1 ball or not?

If not accurate, got reimbursement? :D

my lily white bros, i am so confidant spurs can hold mighty man utd, i'm asking my boss for advance pay to makan ball. dont say 1 ball, level half also makan. if lose hor, i give you my 2003/2004 spurs jersey. :p

waypastprime
05-09-2006, 10:51 AM
my lily white bros, i am so confidant spurs can hold mighty man utd, i'm asking my boss for advance pay to makan ball. dont say 1 ball, level half also makan. if lose hor, i give you my 2003/2004 spurs jersey. :p

Pardon me, 三师兄, level half not worth it, coz if draw only win half.... I go and see Sing pools and whack hard on draw.. hehe.. But if lose, please pay for my ticket. I dont want any jersey.. :D

Big Sexy
05-09-2006, 12:46 PM
spurs is pride of london meh???? cannot be ma... the pride of london should be ...... give u a cue..

The manager of the following clubs simply loves the above mentioned club... can guess or not??? :D

1. Fulham - Cookie
2. West Ham - Alan
3. Reading - Sir Steve
4. Boro - Southgate..

:D

Castrol
05-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Pardon me, 三师兄, level half not worth it, coz if draw only win half.... I go and see Sing pools and whack hard on draw.. hehe.. But if lose, please pay for my ticket. I dont want any jersey.. :D

4th 师兄, ledley king called and said eat 1.5 in sg pools better. spurs' defending third is a bit untidy without carrick... :D

Castrol
05-09-2006, 03:30 PM
spurs is pride of london meh???? cannot be ma... the pride of london should be ...... give u a cue..

chelski? :D

waypastprime
05-09-2006, 04:09 PM
4th 师兄, ledley king called and said eat 1.5 in sg pools better. spurs' defending third is a bit untidy without carrick... :D

Eat 1.5 ball? Errr.... how much do I need to bet then? :eek:

Not worth it lah.

Big Sexy
05-09-2006, 04:23 PM
no la.. it is the Mighty Eagles of SE25..kee kee :D
coleman, southgate were all part of the mighty Crystal Palace team in the early 90s together with ian wright and Nigel marytn and the manager was steve coppell now manager of reading..

Ok OK.... not a big club... but we are the pride of "South" London ok.. kee kee :D

UP THE PALACE!

chelski?

my_lover
05-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Yo Spurs mateys....
To be honest, I missed the "Famous Five" era when we are scoring goals like nothing but also conceding goal like nothing. Com'on YOU SPURS!!!
~ AUDERE-EST-FACERE ~ To Dare is to Do ~

Castrol
05-09-2006, 06:34 PM
no la.. it is the Mighty Eagles of SE25..kee kee :D
coleman, southgate were all part of the mighty Crystal Palace team in the early 90s together with ian wright and Nigel marytn and the manager was steve coppell now manager of reading..

]

hahaha... i have really forgotten that bit of history bro. but i do remember palace used to kick ass in the old division 1. :D

Fantastic4
05-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Wow...Spurs, the team that i have supported all along. COYS:D

Castrol
05-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Yo Spurs mateys....
To be honest, I missed the "Famous Five" era when we are scoring goals like nothing but also conceding goal like nothing. Com'on YOU SPURS!!!
~ AUDERE-EST-FACERE ~ To Dare is to Do ~

yo fellow lily whitey, the time when ardilles was managing spurs, we expected a goal every 10 mins. :D

Verdon1977
05-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Sorry I wonder why I was zap here with the following comment?

Thread: Tottenham Hotspur..........

Date: 05-09-2006 03:12 PM

Comment: red devil zap u

Did I say anything wrong? I just post a upcoming match only mah :confused: :(

my_lover
06-09-2006, 08:44 AM
yo fellow lily whitey, the time when ardilles was managing spurs, we expected a goal every 10 mins. :D

Yeah matey... Ossie Ardilies... the man... I thought he played well as a player for Spurs together with Ricky Villa... but as a manager.... hmmm....

Anyway, that season Sheringham and Klinsmann are the top two scorers of the league but we finished 7th... *sigh*

I feel Dimitrescu and Popescu sucks.... what think you? haha...

Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur....

Castrol
06-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Yeah matey... Ossie Ardilies... the man... I thought he played well as a player for Spurs together with Ricky Villa... but as a manager.... hmmm....

wow bro, you are my time. those days spurs could beat any team. they got hoddle, ardiles, villa, archibald, crooks, steve perryman, ray clemence, chris houghton - now spurs assistant coach, ... need i say more?

yes klinnsmann was simply gorgeous, just like chris armstrong. and the less said about the 2 romanians the better... :D

Cheri_Popper
06-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Although I am DieHard fan of your greatest rival. I do have a soft spot for Spurs after their thrilling 3-2 FA Cup final win over Man City in the early 80's. I vividly remember the Argentine Villa scoring twice in that game. The score would have been higher if not for the performance of England's 3rd choice keeper Joe Corigan.

my_lover
06-09-2006, 01:58 PM
wow bro, you are my time. those days spurs could beat any team. they got hoddle, ardiles, villa, archibald, crooks, steve perryman, ray clemence, chris houghton - now spurs assistant coach, ... need i say more?

yes klinnsmann was simply gorgeous, just like chris armstrong. and the less said about the 2 romanians the better... :D

haha... bro... You need mention about Gazza. That crazy fellow... He is never afraid of tackles... Yeah... Those are the glorious days in Spurs history...

Nevertheless, bad days are over after Sugar Daddy stepped down as the chairman... My goodness... Bring in coach like GROSS... really made me gross and the WORST defender in the whole world... even his own goalkeeper will also scared.... RAMON VEGA... haha...

Bro Cheri_Popper: Yeah... it was a good game. Haha... We nearly edged your team last season for Champions League if not of FOOD POISONING.... DARN! Cheerios!

Cheri_Popper
06-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Bro Cheri_Popper: Yeah... it was a good game. Haha... We nearly edged your team last season for Champions League if not of FOOD POISONING.... DARN! Cheerios!

Hahaha! Our teams' rivalry goes back a long time. And it was so ironic that we won the titles both time Double with games at White Hart Lane twice!

btw.....I was the one who slipped the poison into the food at White Hart Lane! lolx! :D

my_lover
06-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Hahaha! Our teams' rivalry goes back a long time. And it was so ironic that we won the titles both time Double with games at White Hart Lane twice!

btw.....I was the one who slipped the poison into the food at White Hart Lane! lolx! :D

Yeah... it all started when Arsenal moved to North London. During that time, there's a bit woo-ha about it...

Haha... bro... the food poisoning happens during our away game in Upton Park during our visit to West Ham. Haha... another London rivalry... :rolleyes:

Castrol
06-09-2006, 03:56 PM
haha... bro... You need mention about Gazza. That crazy fellow... He is never afraid of tackles... Yeah... Those are the glorious days in Spurs history...

RAMON VEGA... haha...

!

gazza sure is the prince of clowns, he can get a job as a stand up comic in one of those london pubs anytime. ramon vega is the clown of all clowns. i lost track of how many own goals vega scored or how many penalties he was "awarded". :D

Castrol
06-09-2006, 04:02 PM

you'll have to think of something else now, becos as a precaution the spurs team are not allowed to eat anything for 24hrs before every match. unless you throw down some food from the stands otherwise... :D

my_lover
06-09-2006, 04:08 PM
you'll have to think of something else now, becos as a precaution the spurs team are not allowed to eat anything for 24hrs before every match. unless you throw down some food from the stands otherwise... :D

Bro Castrol... I have found a true Yiddos in you... Com'on You Spurs!

Cheri_Popper
06-09-2006, 05:48 PM
you'll have to think of something else now,

Actually I engaged a bus load of FL for them the night before the game some on match day, they all have weak legs mah. They cannot reveal the truth as their reputation were at stake so they came up with the food poison thingy mah! :D

Castrol
07-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Actually I engaged a bus load of FL for them the night before the game some on match day, they all have weak legs mah. They cannot reveal the truth as their reputation were at stake so they came up with the food poison thingy mah! :D

but its true anyway, food poisoning due to juicy abalones... :D

Castrol
18-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Tottenham 0 Fulham 0
17-Sep-2006

defence - great stuff from ledley king and his defenders, fulham were hardly able to get close to robinson.

midfield - while zokora and jenas were superb last nite, murphy and tainio were simply weak la, just simple passing those 2. why did jol sign murphy anyway? and why released mendes? becos spurs had carrick, one of the best fetch and carry central midfielder in the business? ok, what now?

attack - the shaved head is not working out for mido just yet. keane was in no man's land on many occasions. defoe was awesome, he's england's future i'll say. :D

ESPN
The sale of Michael Carrick to Manchester United this summer may have brought the club a healthy financial windfall but the failure to adequately replace his clever passing ability is already beginning to expose Tottenham's midfield weaknesses.

Jol admits he is yet to find the right blend in that department but the inclusion of Danny Murphy against Fulham would have offered him no further clues as to the solution.

http://soccernet-att.espn.go.com/design05/images/JonMC/boamorte-412-getty.jpg
Luis Boa Morte battles with Didier Zokora of Spurs.

_AXL_
18-09-2006, 01:00 PM
The sale of Michael Carrick to Manchester United this summer may have brought the club a healthy financial windfall but the failure to adequately replace his clever passing ability is already beginning to expose Tottenham's midfield weaknesses.

Jol admits he is yet to find the right blend in that department but the inclusion of Danny Murphy against Fulham would have offered him no further clues as to the solution

bro, ask jol to convert danny murphy to holding midfield. the guy has a wide range of passes and he doesnt pull back on his tackles as well. actually, he was playing in that position when he was at crewe alexandra until liverpool bought him.;) danny murphy is experienced enough to take that role again and moreover, he is getting on his years and doesnt have the legs to play attacking midfield anymore.

Castrol
18-09-2006, 03:07 PM
bro, ask jol to convert danny murphy to holding midfield. the guy has a wide range of passes and he doesnt pull back on his tackles as well. actually, he was playing in that position when he was at crewe alexandra until liverpool bought him.;) danny murphy is experienced enough to take that role again and moreover, he is getting on his years and doesnt have the legs to play attacking midfield anymore.

so murphy used to play holding midfield, yes his tackles are very forth coming indeed. let me talk to big jol, we can let murphy reprise his old role in carrick's absence and who knows, alex ferguson may offer something for him later on. :D

mokermania
18-09-2006, 04:07 PM
my dream is to find these:-

2 Spur Hummel Holsten Jerseys 1991 version & print Gascoigne & Lineker.:)
btw, wat no. d Gazza was wearing ah....:o
i only knw he wear 19 for england

once saw Gazza dribble & dribble n 1 of his boot came off due to a tackle from opponent & he still carry on going & scored??!!!!

saw him played for lazio against Napoli (it more like gazza vs Maradona)...and he won the game in the end...hehe

he really good (b4 his infamous injury).

Castrol
18-09-2006, 05:34 PM
my dream is to find these:-

2 Spur Hummel Holsten Jerseys 1991 version & print Gascoigne & Lineker.:)

saw him played for lazio against Napoli (it more like gazza vs Maradona)...and he won the game in the end...hehe
).

wow, those jerseys will look awesome on me hahaha... but i do wish we can still get the video of those good old games. i know napoli is so fond of maradona, they didnt allow any other player to wear his no.10, to this day i think. :D

mokermania
18-09-2006, 09:24 PM
wow, those jerseys will look awesome on me hahaha... but i do wish we can still get the video of those good old games. i know napoli is so fond of maradona, they didnt allow any other player to wear his no.10, to this day i think. :D

if im not wrong Gazza & Ardiles(sorry if spell wrong-the argentina guy), both r consider attacking midfield?:)

if only nwdays EPl have these kind of midfielders that dribble alot but also have a lot of thru pass for striker...

jus my thoughts

_AXL_
19-09-2006, 02:01 AM
so murphy used to play holding midfield, yes his tackles are very forth coming indeed. let me talk to big jol, we can let murphy reprise his old role in carrick's absence and who knows, alex ferguson may offer something for him later on. :D

10 mil pounds should do the trick for murphy already. dont pound on smart alex (or alec) too much. he quite poor thing. seems like everyone is ganging up on him, stealing players from under his nose and making him pay big time for the players he wants, if he gets them in the 1st place. not that i m unhappy about it. :rolleyes:

Castrol
20-09-2006, 09:33 AM
if im not wrong Gazza & Ardiles(sorry if spell wrong-the argentina guy), both r consider attacking midfield?:)

if only nwdays EPl have these kind of midfielders that dribble alot but also have a lot of thru pass for striker...

jus my thoughts

yes bro, ossie ardiles is attacking midfield personified, aimar plays like him. gazza is more like a creative playmaker, on a good day he'll score 1 and assist 2. :D

Castrol
20-09-2006, 09:45 AM
10 mil pounds should do the trick for murphy already. dont pound on smart alex (or alec) too much. he quite poor thing. seems like everyone is ganging up on him, stealing players from under his nose and making him pay big time for the players he wants, if he gets them in the 1st place. not that i m unhappy about it. :rolleyes:

hahaha... alex aint getting much leeway is he? but he has my respect all the while actually. he's the kind of manager who sticks by his players, like last time andy cole joined man utd for 7m or something and couldnt score for many games, alex kept his faith and kept playing andy till he resumed his scoring touch.

but its screwed up when spurs has to release a wonderful player like carrick. spurs got 18m for him and we still get murphy and tainio for sunday matches. http://mods.soccergaming.tv/~iceblu/Ice/rolleyes.gif

_AXL_
20-09-2006, 02:28 PM
hahaha... alex aint getting much leeway is he? but he has my respect all the while actually. he's the kind of manager who sticks by his players, like last time andy cole joined man utd for 7m or something and couldnt score for many games, alex kept his faith and kept playing andy till he resumed his scoring touch.

but its screwed up when spurs has to release a wonderful player like carrick. spurs got 18m for him and we still get murphy and tainio for sunday matches.

i have all the respect for alex as well. as u can see, manure players dont do well when they transfer out. dont see their players as very special ones, well except for rooney but still very much lacking in temperament and keane (hey, also very much lacking in temperament!) the rest, i feel, is ferguson's system that makes them look good. i think u can see that manure plays to a certain system, triangle wall passing to be precise. been waiting for his retirement so that manure can sink back to mediocrity. :D

cole went for 7m pounds and plus keith gillespie valued at 1m pounds. but i feel he is a decent enough player although he got a lot of stick then for not scoring enough goals for the kind of service he was getting then.

i feel that although carrick went to manure, 18.6mil pounds is a good deal for spurs. 18mil pounds can buy quite a few good players. maybe can contest with manure for owen hargreaves!!! hahahaha:rolleyes:

_AXL_
20-09-2006, 02:31 PM
yes bro, ossie ardiles is attacking midfield personified, aimar plays like him. gazza is more like a creative playmaker, on a good day he'll score 1 and assist 2.

i liked it more when ossie ardiles when he was manager of spurs. the defence was nicknamed the 4 queens (sol campbell included!!!:eek: ) but the attack led by klinnsman was a must see every single week!!!

not very nice for spurs fans but it epitomised attacking football at its best! much needed entertainment for the neutral fan.;)

Castrol
20-09-2006, 05:58 PM
been waiting for his retirement so that manure can sink back to mediocrity.

i feel that although carrick went to manure, 18.6mil pounds is a good deal for spurs. 18mil pounds can buy quite a few good players. maybe can contest with manure for owen hargreaves!!! hahahaha:rolleyes:

alex has achieved everything there is to achieve really. epl champion, FA cup, champions league winner, and knighted somemore. after so many years in charge, i think it will be refreshing if somebody can take over from him.

if hargreaves join spurs, i will kowtow to him. :D

mokermania
20-09-2006, 06:31 PM
yes bro, ossie ardiles is attacking midfield personified, aimar plays like him. gazza is more like a creative playmaker, on a good day he'll score 1 and assist 2. :D

if EPL have more of these kind of player will be better...:)

_AXL_
20-09-2006, 08:47 PM
if hargreaves join spurs, i will kowtow to him.

think the teams need to do all they can to take turns to either outbid or upsell the big teams. of course, chelski and manure being the biggest suckers.:p

regardsing the hargreaves issue, its ABM - anywhere but manure, man. hargreaves is a holding midfielder, direct replacement. how ironic if spurs can use manure's $ (for carrick) to get hargreaves... poetic:rolleyes:

Castrol
21-09-2006, 10:45 AM
think the teams need to do all they can to take turns to either outbid or upsell the big teams. of course, chelski and manure being the biggest suckers.:

regardsing the hargreaves issue, its ABM - anywhere but manure, man. hargreaves is a holding midfielder, direct replacement. how ironic if spurs can use manure's $ (for carrick) to get hargreaves... poetic:rolleyes:

well bro, sadly all those big $ transfers are just the thing managers and agents want. somewhere somehow, some "clever" people will pocket something here and there. but nowdays many big clubs are all relying on sponsors and advertisers money to pay the big players' wages, otherwise 100k etc per week for just 1 player is a sin.

its a bit puzzling why alex still wanted hargreaves after getting carrick. i saw alan smith playing for the reserves on ch107 or 108 recently. he's got 2 holding midfielders ready for action now. and i cant imagine alex's expression if hargreaves joins spurs. :D

_AXL_
22-09-2006, 10:04 AM
well bro, sadly all those big $ transfers are just the thing managers and agents want. somewhere somehow, some "clever" people will pocket something here and there. but nowdays many big clubs are all relying on sponsors and advertisers money to pay the big players' wages, otherwise 100k etc per week for just 1 player is a sin.

its a bit puzzling why alex still wanted hargreaves after getting carrick. i saw alan smith playing for the reserves on ch107 or 108 recently. he's got 2 holding midfielders ready for action now. and i cant imagine alex's expression if hargreaves joins spurs.

alan smith is a striker and he needs cover for his strikers, especially when he havent found a replacement for the ruud guy...:D saha is injury prone and hargreaves is very versatile, he can play anywhere in midfield or defence, which is covering 8 positions with 1 player. and his energy is infectious, as seen in the world cup, but somehow not inspiring his england colleagues.

but seems like u very free hor, reserve game u also watch ah???:D

Castrol
22-09-2006, 11:38 AM
but seems like u very free hor, reserve game u also watch ah???:D

hahaha... watch a bit only, what to do? 107 and 108 show soccer 24 hrs, but always focused on the top 4 - chelski arsenal liverpool man utd... :(

Castrol
22-09-2006, 03:12 PM
sgpools is paying 5.95 for a spurs win. i just bought $10, not becos no confidance, but becos that was all i had in my wallet, i even skipped lunch. have faith in the pride of london! robbie keane will sommersault and start shooting... :D

Shiokday
22-09-2006, 03:31 PM
but becos that was all i had in my wallet, i even skipped lunch.
bro...dun mean to pour cold beer on u...i can always use my winnings when pool wins to treat u lunch...:D

Castrol
22-09-2006, 05:21 PM
bro...dun mean to pour cold beer on u...i can always use my winnings when pool wins to treat u lunch...:D

haha... ok bro, you are my friend. :D

_AXL_
23-09-2006, 02:47 AM
sgpools is paying 5.95 for a spurs win. i just bought $10, not becos no confidance, but becos that was all i had in my wallet, i even skipped lunch. have faith in the pride of london! robbie keane will sommersault and start shooting...

monday take pay already or not? if not, i hope u r working in town so that i dont have to drive too far to buy u lunch leh... :D

robbie will start shooting... blanks.

pm me and give me your location and contact number once u see this. dont need to wait to see the results, ok? else, if i see it too late and not be able to respond in time, u have to go without on monday!!! hurts me to see u do that, u know?:rolleyes:

cheers, have a good weekend.

Castrol
24-09-2006, 11:31 AM
monday take pay already or not? if not, i hope u r working in town so that i dont have to drive too far to buy u lunch leh... :D

hahaha... bro just buy me a ice cream becos thats what spurs had in anfield. :D

_AXL_
25-09-2006, 04:28 AM
hahaha... bro just buy me a ice cream becos thats what spurs had in anfield.

haha:D ... see u later in the week. think it is crisis time for spurs. ;)

Cheri_Popper
25-09-2006, 11:28 AM
It would have been a different result if Jenas had connected with Davids cross. It would not resulted in Pool's 1st goal less than a minute later.

sinfulguy
25-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Jermaine Jenas is a horrible player lah.....he should be sold at the next available opportunity....

This is not the first time he missed from close range....we can't clear the ball when he needs to, can't pass properly and can't run into space at all.....all the while yaya papaya.....

Really fumming seeing spurs lose like that.....:mad: :mad:

Castrol
25-09-2006, 05:25 PM
It would have been a different result if Jenas had connected with Davids cross. It would not resulted in Pool's 1st goal less than a minute later.

good one bro, thats sums up the game really. classic example of "end to end" stuff.

Really fumming seeing spurs lose like that.....:mad: :mad:

make that double for me too. nearly finished top 4 last season, but now bottom 4 in the new season.

last season spurs missed the CL spot, many of my friends pat me on the back and said to me, "hey cheer up, thats still next season you lily white cunt..." or something like that. i told them spurs didnt deserve playing in the CL, nevermind wenger was seen wearing the chef's uniform that time.

spurs failed to beat any of the top 4 clubs last season, how to meet giants like barcelona or ac milan?

but of course thats still hope, aaron lennon wont be long now...

walabis
29-09-2006, 07:58 AM
http://i9.tinypic.com/47jygcw.gif

Castrol
30-09-2006, 12:53 AM
thanks for the jerseys bro walabis, they were worn with pride since 1882. :D

xCumsterx
30-09-2006, 01:32 PM
castrol,

thank you for starting this threAD :)

lets hope we can turn things around this sunday against portsmouth with their assortment of spurs rejects :cool:

COYS! To Dare Is To Do!

Indo_Popper
30-09-2006, 02:36 PM
The short History of Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club are an English football club who play in the FA Premier League. The club is also known as Tottenham and Spurs, while their own fans also refer to them as the Lilywhites because of their traditional white shirts. Their home ground is White Hart Lane, Tottenham, London.

Tottenham were the first club in the 20th century to achieve the league and cup Double, winning both competitions in the 1960-61 season. In 1963, Spurs became the first British club to win a European trophy - the European Cup Winners' Cup.

The club enjoys a long-standing rivalry with near neighbours Arsenal, and matches between the two are known as the North London derbies. The club motto is Audere est Facere (lit: "To dare is to do") and their emblem is the cockerel and ball.

Indo_Popper
30-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Tottenham Hotspur Profile

Full name Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Nickname(s) Spurs, Lilywhites
Founded 1882 as Hotspur F.C.
Ground White Hart Lane
Tottenham
London
Capacity 36,240
Chairman Daniel Levy
Manager Martin Jol
League FA Premier League
2005-06 Premier League, 5th

Indo_Popper
30-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Early years

The Tottenham club badge c.1955-1983In 1882 the Hotspur Football Club was formed by young men from a local grammar school and Hotspur cricket club. It is thought that the name Hotspur was associated with Sir Henry Percy (Sir Harry Hotspur) who lived locally in the 14th Century. The team later became Tottenham Hotspur to distinguish itself from another team called London Hotspur.

At first Hotspur played in navy blue shirts. The club colours then varied from light blue and white halved jerseys, to red shirts and blue shorts, through chocolate brown and old gold and then finally, in the 1899-1900 season, to white shirts and navy blue shorts as a tribute to Preston, the most successful team of the time.

In 1888 Tottenham moved their home fixtures from the Lee marshes to Northumberland Park where the club was able to charge for spectator admission. They turned professional just before Christmas 1895 and by 1896 had been admitted to the Southern League and were attracting crowds sometimes nearing 15,000. Charles Roberts became Chairman from 1898 to 1943.

In 1899 Spurs made their final ground move to a former market garden in nearby High Road, Tottenham. In time the ground adopted the name of a local thoroughfare, "White Hart Lane". The move proved successful as in 1900, Tottenham won the Southern League title and crowned this achievement the next year by winning the FA Cup - becoming the only non-League club to do so since the formation of the Football League.

Indo_Popper
30-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Joining the Football League

Tottenham achieved election to the Second Division of the Football League for the 1908-09 season, immediately winning promotion as runners-up to the First Division. Their record between 1910 and the Great War was poor and when football was suspended at the end of the 1914-15 season, Tottenham were bottom of the league.

There were alleged shenanigans in 1919 when Arsenal - who finished 5th in Division 2 the previous season - were elected to the First Division in Spurs' place. It is this event that is said to have triggered the derision most Spurs fans feel for the Gunners[citation needed]. Tottenham were Division Two Champions in 1919-20 and in the following year, on April 23, 1921, Spurs went all the way to their second FA Cup Final victory beating Wolves 1-0 at Stamford Bridge.

After finishing second to Liverpool in the league in 1922, Spurs experienced a steady decline, culminating in 1928's relegation. Spurs were unable to advance beyond the quarter finals of The FA Cup, getting that far three years running 1935-1938. On September 3, 1939, as Neville Chamberlain declared war, Spurs were seventh in the Second Division. League Football was abandoned for the "duration".

Indo_Popper
30-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Post-war Push-and-Run success
By 1949 Arthur Rowe was manager, and had devised and developed a “Push and run” tactical style of play. This involved quickly laying the ball off to a teammate and running past the marking tackler to collect the return pass. It proved an effective way to move the ball at pace with players' positions and responsibility being totally fluid. To many, "Push and run" was a precursor to Total Football.[citation needed]

Rising to the top of the Second Division, Tottenham ran away with their first ever league title. In 1951 they won the First Division Championship and became the first side to win Second and First Divisions in successive seasons. Playing heroes included Alf Ramsey, Ronnie Burgess, Ted Ditchburn, Len Duquemin, Sonny Walters and Bill Nicholson.

Bill Nicholson's Glory, Glory era
Bill Nicholson joined Tottenham Hotspur as an apprentice in 1936. The following 68 years saw him serve the club in every capacity from boot room to president. He guided Tottenham to major trophy success three seasons in a row in the early 1960s: the double in 1961, the FA Cup and European Cup Semi-final in 1962, and the Cup Winners' Cup in 1963. Key players included Danny Blanchflower, John White, Dave Mackay, Cliff Jones and Jimmy Greaves.

After 1964, the Double side began to disintegrate due to age, injuries and transfers. Nicholson rebuilt a second successful team with imports like Alan Gilzean, Mike England, Alan Mullery, Terry Venables, Joe Kinnear and Cyril Knowles. They won the 1967 FA Cup and finished third in the league.

Nicholson added the League Cup (1971 and 1973) and the UEFA Cup (1972) to Tottenham's illustrious history before he resigned at the start of the 1974-75 season due to both a poor start, and his disgust at seeing rioting fans in Rotterdam in a UEFA Cup final, which Spurs lost.

Indo_Popper
30-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Keith Burkinshaw: the Quiet Man

The Tottenham club badge 1983-2006Tottenham slipped out of the First Division at the end of the 1976-77 season, and the club installed Keith Burkinshaw as manager in a bid to revitalise their fortunes. They won promotion to the top flight and lifted the FA Cup in 1981 beating Manchester City in a replay, with Ricardo Villa scoring a memorable solo goal. Spurs retained the trophy the following year, beating QPR. Key players in this successful Tottenham side included Steve Archibald, Garth Crooks, Glenn Hoddle, Osvaldo Ardiles, and Steve Perryman who, in seventeen seasons, played 655 league games for Spurs. These players inspired Tottenham to UEFA Cup glory in 1984, but Burkinshaw walked out on the club within days to be succeeded by Peter Shreeves.

In 1982 the club was bought by Monte Carlo-based property tycoon Irving Scholar. He arrived in a boardroom which had seen just one or two directors since 1943. The challenge for Scholar was to reinstate financial stability after the construction of a new West Stand had almost bankrupted the club.

Shreeves and Pleat: the Nearly Men
Peter Shreeves was in charge for two seasons, achieving a third place finish in his first but losing his job after a slump in 1985-86. Luton Town manager David Pleat was appointed the new manager, and for much of 1986-87 it looked as though it would be a very successful season.

Playing with a five man midfield (Hoddle, Ardiles, Hodge, Paul Allen, Waddle) supplying the prolific Clive Allen, Tottenham mounted a serious challenge on all fronts. At one point in March, if they had won their remaining 13 matches, they would have won all domestic honours. As it was, they were defeated in the League Cup semi final by rivals Arsenal. After faltering at the final hurdle in the league, Spurs' hopes hinged on the FA Cup. Spurs had never before lost a domestic cup final while their opponents, Coventry, had never reached a Cup Final before. Spurs were the favourites but suffered a 3-2 defeat at the hands of John Sillett's team. Pleat quit the following October following allegations that he had been caught kerb-crawling in a red light district[citation needed].

Indo_Popper
30-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Hitting the headlines with El Tel
Spurs veteran Terry Venables was named Pleat's successor, and after two league seasons, guided the club to third place in 1989-90 and an FA Cup win in 1991. The new-look Tottenham team included two players who starred in England's run to the semi-finals of the 1990 FIFA World Cup – Paul Gascoigne and Gary Lineker.

In 1990, a slump in the property market left chairman Irving Scholar on the verge of bankruptcy, leaving him with no option but to sell the club. Venables joined forces with businessman Alan Sugar to take over Tottenham Hotspur PLC and pay off its £20 million debts, part of which involved the sale of Gascoigne. Venables became chief executive, with Peter Shreeves again taking charge of first-team duties. His second spell as team manager lasted just one season, before he was dismissed in favour of joint coaches Ray Clemence and Doug Livermore. Tottenham's first Premier League season ended with a mid-table finish and Venables was removed from the club's board after a legal dispute with Sugar. Several years later the High Court ruled Venables to be unfit to be concerned in any way with the management of a company, in part due to his dealings at Tottenham.

Ossie Ardiles fails to deliver
Having just won the Division Two playoffs as manager of WBA, former star Ossie Ardiles became the club's next manager in 1993. He was renowned for pronouncing Tottenham as Tottingham as well as helping them win two FA Cups and a UEFA Cup as a player.

Ardiles captured three expensive players - German striker Jürgen Klinsmann and Romanian midfield duo Gheorghe Popescu and Ilie Dumitrescu. Tottenham employed the Famous Five: Teddy Sheringham and Klinsmann up front, Nick Barmby just behind, Darren Anderton on the right and Dumitrescu on the left. Klinsmann was a sensation, scoring freely and becoming a fan favourite. Ultimately these expensive signings made little difference to Tottenham's form and Ardiles was sacked in September 1994.

During the 1994 close season, Tottenham was found guilty of making illegal payments to players and given one of the most severe punishments in English football history: 12 points deducted for the 1994-95 season, a one year ban from the FA Cup, and a £600,000 fine. Alan Sugar protested against these penalties on the grounds that the people involved were no longer at the club, and the FA Cup ban and points deduction were both quashed.

Indo_Popper
30-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Much Promise but Little Success
Ardiles was replaced by former QPR manager Gerry Francis, who turned around the club's fortunes dramatically. Tottenham climbed to seventh place in the league, and took advantage of their reinstatement to the FA Cup by reaching the semi-finals, a 4-1 defeat against eventual winners Everton preventing them from reaching the final.

1996-97 saw Tottenham finish in 10th place. Striker Teddy Sheringham requested a move and was sold to Manchester United. In November 1997, with Spurs second from bottom and in danger of relegation, Francis was sacked. Christian Gross, coach of Swiss champions Grasshoppers, was appointed. He re-signed legendary striker Jürgen Klinsmann, whose second spell proved a key factor in securing Premiership survival.

George Graham was hired to lead the club before the 1998-99 season. In his first season as Spurs manager the club secured a mid-table finish and won the League Cup by defeating Leicester City at Wembley. However, another mid-table league finish followed in 1999-2000.

At the start of 2001, Sir Alan Sugar's patience broke. He sold his controlling interest in Tottenham to ENIC Sports PLC, run by Daniel Levy.

Further dreams fail: Hoddle & Pleat (again)
Tottenham legend Glenn Hoddle took over the club in April 2001 with the team lying thirteenth in the table. His first match in charge was an FA Cup semi-final defeat to rivals Arsenal. Another humiliation followed when club captain Sol Campbell defected to Arsenal on a Bosman free transfer. With limited funds to improve the squad Hoddle turned towards more experienced players in the shape of Teddy Sheringham, Gus Poyet and Christian Ziege for inspiration.

Season 2001-02 saw an improvement, as Spurs finished in ninth place. However, a League Cup Final defeat to Blackburn Rovers left Hoddle under pressure for the following campaign. Only limited funds were available and the only significant outlay was £7 million for Robbie Keane, who joined from Leeds United. 2002-03 started well, with Tottenham remaining in the top six as late as early February. But with just seven points in the final ten games, the club finished in tenth place. Players publicly criticised Hoddle's management style and communication skills. Six games into the 2003-04 season, Hoddle was sacked and David Pleat took over on a caretaker basis until a full-time successor could be found.

Indo_Popper
30-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Out of the Shadows: Jol

Tottenham signed French national manager Jacques Santini as head coach, Martin Jol as his assistant and Frank Arnesen as Sporting Director. Santini quit the club after just 13 games in charge and was replaced by Jol. He acquired striker Mido on an 18-month loan, he was awarded the FA Premiership Manager of the Month for December, and guided the club to a ninth place finish. At the end of the season Frank Arnesen was tapped up by Chelsea, who later paid compensation of around £5 million[citation needed]. Damien Comolli was named the new Sporting Director in September 2005.

During the 2005-06 season Spurs reached first position once and never fell below sixth. They spent six months in fourth place, which was only relinquished to rivals Arsenal on the last day of the season after a defeat to West Ham. The loss was controversial as ten Tottenham players went down with a stomach bug on the day of the match. An attempt to have the game replayed was refused, and Spurs missed out on Champions League football.

The summer of 2006 saw big changes at the club. Internet casino company Mansion signed a four-year sponsorship deal worth £34m, with the kit to be manufactured by Puma until 2010. Mido's loan move was made permanent, and the club also signed Dimitar Berbatov, Didier Zokora, Pascal Chimbonda and Steed Malbranque. Michael Carrick was sold to Manchester United for a club record fee that could rise to £18.6m.

Tottenham entered the penultimate weekend of September 2006 in 17th place. This marks their worst start to a Premiership season for more than a decade.

On 28th September 2006, Tottenham went through to the group stages of the UEFA after a 2-0 aggregate win over Slavia Prague. Spurs won 1-0 on the night after an unconvincing win, after a 1-0 away win in Prague two weeks before. Spurs wore all white, like the kit they wore back in the day when they were one of the top clubs in Europe

Indo_Popper
30-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Club ownership
Billionaire Joseph Lewis owns 29.8 per cent of the club through his investment company ENIC Sports Ltd. ENIC have also held significant stakes in SK Slavia Praha and AEK Athens. Former chairman Sir Alan Sugar retains a 13 per cent stake through Amshold Limited, while Stelios Haji-Ioannou has 9 per cent through Hodram Inc.

Tottenham Hotspur Ladies
Tottenham's ladies team was founded in 1985 as Broxbourne Ladies. They started using the Tottenham Hotspur name for the 1991/2 season and play in the South-East & London Regional Women's League (the fourth tier of the game).

References to Jews
The Tottenham fans have the very remarkable tradition of using Jewish references to express their allegiance. Regularly, the supporters scream Yiddo's! and Yid Army! to fire up their team. Having had this thrown at Spurs as a derogatory term, the supporters of the club adopted it as an unofficial nickname and also so that it would not have the same effect if other clubs shouted it in an anti-Semitic manner. Therefore, Spurs fans chant "Yids" and "Yid Army!" to deflect the racist attacks of other clubs. The term Yids derives from the Jewish supportership of Spurs. Coming from the language Yiddish, it is a slang term for a Jew. It is a term that reflects the team's and Tottenham's Jewish roots. There is a large Jewish population in Stamford Hill, which is near to the White Hart Lane stadium and home to many of the United Kingdoms' 267,000 Jews, and they have traditiionally followed Tottenham. Whilst playing for Aston Villa in 1996 the Australian international goalkeeper Mark Bosnich was fined £1,000 for making a Nazi-style salute towards the Tottenham supporters at White Hart Lane. Bosnich wrote a letter of apology and claimed that the gesture was a joke that backfired. The hardcore Tottenham fans are proud of their outsider image as "Jews" and feel encouraged to use more Jewish references when supporting their club.

Indo_Popper
30-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Honours
Football League First Division / Premier League 2
1950-51, 1960-61
Football League Second Division 2
1919-20, 1949-50
FA Cup 8
1900-01, 1920-21, 1960-61, 1961-62, 1966-67, 1980-81, 1981-82, 1990-91
League Cup 3
1970-1, 1972-3, 1998-99
FA Community Shield 7
1920-21, 1951-52, 1961-62, 1962-63, 1967-68, 1981-82, 1991-92
Southern League 1
1899-1900
Western League 1
1903-04
Football League South 2
1943-44, 1944-45
UEFA Cup 2
1971-72, 1983-84
European Cup Winners' Cup 1
1962-63
Anglo-Italian League Cup 1
1971-72
FA Youth Cup 3
1970, 1974, 1990
Peace Cup 1

xCumsterx
02-10-2006, 03:32 AM
finally back to winning ways in this season's epl :) coys!

from soccernet:

Tottenham's French midfielder Didier Zokora took a dive to earn a match-winning penalty in the first half after Spurs had taken a 42-second lead to break their Premiership goal-drought.

Danny Murphy slotted home his first for the club with less than a minute on the clock to end seven hours and 13 minutes without a Tottenham goal in the league.

But it was the second goal, 33 minutes later, which proved the real talking point at White Hart Lane as Martin Jol's team handed out a second successive defeat to early leaders Portsmouth - a side starting with three former Spurs players and another on the bench.

Pedro Mendes was the victim of a blatant injustice for Spurs' penalty. True, he should not have even put in a challenge on Zokora who was going nowhere in the area, but when he stuck out a leg, the Frenchman fell theatrically over it and referee Chris Foy pointed to the spot.

Jermain Defoe, back in the side as one of five changes from the team that scrambled past UEFA Cup outsiders Slavia Prague in midweek, confidently put away the penalty even though David James guessed the direction of his shot correctly.

And, although Nwankwo Kanu headed his fifth goal of the season five minutes before the break, it was not quite enough for Pompey although Andy Cole had a chance which he miskicked soon after coming on for the big Nigerian in the 72nd minute.

Castrol
02-10-2006, 09:40 AM
lets hope we can turn things around this sunday against portsmouth with their assortment of spurs rejects :cool:

COYS! To Dare Is To Do!

you got your wish. 3 pts plus a uefa group ticket, what a turning week for spurs.

from tv replay i could see zokora took a dive immediately when he saw mendes sticking out his leg. arent players aware of video replays? why do they still do it? is zokora supposed to be the hero of the night in white hart lane?

i am sure spurs would still have won the home game against portsmouth last nite w/o the help of cheaters. the best part for me was sol campbell being booed by spurs fans everytime he gets the ball. the clumsy fool tried very often to move up forward with the ball but always failed to complete his passes. he thinks he's gallas or something. :D

Castrol
02-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Tottenham were the first club in the 20th century to achieve the league and cup Double, winning both competitions in the 1960-61 season. In 1963, Spurs became the first British club to win a European trophy - the European Cup Winners' Cup.

wonderful history bro, spurs set the standards, last time at least. :D

my_lover
02-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Hello fellow Spurs mateys,

I am glued to the TV yesterdays as Spurs took on Pompeys...

Personally, I feel there is something wrong with our distribution. We have been losing possessions unnecessary. Pumping ball up to no man lands or is it our strikers too lazy to run for chances. I must compliment that Dawson is GREAT... seems to me that he now playing even better than King. Feel so good to see our young talents rising up, the likes of Dawson, Davenport, King, Huddlestone and etc...

39 secs to score a goal is a real feat (record of this season I think). As for the dive, I feel that... face it. This is football and how many footballers have not dived in their career... it is only a matter of whether the referee spotted it. Like army wat... do whatever you can as long as you don't get caught...

haha... Cheers... Com'on you Spurs!

Castrol
02-10-2006, 04:26 PM
As for the dive, I feel that... face it. This is football and how many footballers have not dived in their career... it is only a matter of whether the referee spotted it. Like army wat... do whatever you can as long as you don't get caught...

haha... Cheers... Com'on you Spurs!

did you see how the spurs players pile on murphy on the ground after the first goal? i havent seen that kind of celebration in a long time. of all people, danny murphy came to the rescue! out of the blue stuff.

i'd say dawson is the best header in epl now. he is always there to head away the danger from set pieces and high crosses alike. really focused in defence.

but i dont agree with your comments on the diving bit, whether the ref see it or not, it only affects the scoreline. but diving = cheating. it affects soccer as a sport. the next player should dive becos many players are also doing it, like c.ronaldo, that whining kid?

no offence bro my lover.

spurs can beat any team in white hart lane without the controversy, especially against pompey. zokora has been a very composed midfield general, what a pity. he may get bad press for a while over this, and i hope it will be his last one.

anyway, lua lua gave us a scare in the dying minutes with that goal bound header didnt he? thank God for robinson. :D

sinfulguy
02-10-2006, 05:15 PM
jermaine jenas mis-kick a nice lay off and sky a ball after he dribble pass 3 defenders.....he is really jialat man...

In the end lucky to have the 3 points because that was definitely not a penalty....

lungless
03-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Yeah, that was a dive by Zokorra no matter what the fella and gaffer said after the game. I was a bit sad that a player in my beloved Spurs had to do this. I hope this will be the last time that i see him do this. Dun want it to be like Gunners player who dive. Namely Henry and their ex players - Pires and Vieira.

Anyway, i think that no matter how bad is Jenas at scoring now, we should give him a chance. He is still young anyway. I think the player that need to go is Defoe as he is too light weight to be a very top striker. Maybe can get D bent if the addicks go down this year? I think Tainio is a top notch player, maybe off form for now, but for those who have followed his career will know how versatile he is. He is a natural in all position. Yeah, and Spurs got abundance of talent in midfield. Huddlestone is a class act, the same mould as Carrick but is stronger built with fantastic touch and passe. Routledge is out on loan now and Zeigler is still there learning and improving.

The defence now is as strong as i can remember since Mabbutt days. Maybe Stronger?? They just need time to click. King reading of the game has been magnificent lately. Such classy act. Dawson is improving. Their cover Davenport and Gardner is doing okie too. We have Chimbonda on the right - cover is Stalteri and Assou - Ekotto on the left - cover is Young Pyo. If you noticed last season. Lots of the final min goals scored by the opposing team is thru the right channel - Stalteri can sometime be too light weight in his cover and tackles. And lots of goal came from the left channel as Young Pyo is not a good defender as he is an attacker. The 2 new players are faster and stronger from what i have seen soo far. Chim has not really found the sort of high standards that he had last season with Wigan. But he is doing okie, better than Stalteri presently too. So i am please with the acquisition in the defending department. Yeah, Almost forget that Spurs brought in the very highly talented France under 20 captain, Dervite for central defence cover in the future. This guy is really good. Mark my word:)

I just can't wait to see Malbranque and Lennon play wide in 1 month plus time. Maybe spurs then can play 5 across midfield. That guy Ghaly is not bad also. So i guess that Spurs just have to click, and then they will improve. It is not easy to bring in 7 players and expect them to click at once. Look at Shevchenko and Ballack. Still need time to click also. The future looks bright for Spurs no matter what their present outlook shows....

Go you Spurs!!!!!!!

lungless
03-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Yeah another thing i urged all Spurs Supporter not to condone diving or cheating! All thru the years that has set Spurs apart from the rest! High Moral Standards and Ethics!!

my_lover
03-10-2006, 04:15 PM
did you see how the spurs players pile on murphy on the ground after the first goal? i havent seen that kind of celebration in a long time. of all people, danny murphy came to the rescue! out of the blue stuff.

i'd say dawson is the best header in epl now. he is always there to head away the danger from set pieces and high crosses alike. really focused in defence.

but i dont agree with your comments on the diving bit, whether the ref see it or not, it only affects the scoreline. but diving = cheating. it affects soccer as a sport. the next player should dive becos many players are also doing it, like c.ronaldo, that whining kid?

no offence bro my lover.

spurs can beat any team in white hart lane without the controversy, especially against pompey. zokora has been a very composed midfield general, what a pity. he may get bad press for a while over this, and i hope it will be his last one.
anyway, lua lua gave us a scare in the dying minutes with that goal bound header didnt he? thank God for robinson. :D
Yo bro Castrol,
Yeah!! The 1st goal is great! It really lifted up the team
No worries... Spurs mateys never hate one anothers... :)
Like what Jol has said. The lad did not dive probably lost his balance.
Yah boy... Dawson (cute fellow)... always there to rescue... A good a combi... Dawson good in headers and King strong in tackles...
Kaoz... yah man... That LL (Lua Lua) fellow... causes my balls to shrink for a moment!!!! I still don't understand why Portsmouth take rejected stuffs... David James and Anti-Cole...

Bro lungless... pardon my correction. Throughout Spurs history there are two famous "divers" ... Ginola and Klinsmann. However, both are my heros. I think the whole England knows that Ginola fake his act... but he got his fair share of punishment... whenever he is down... sometime genuine one... Referee also bo hiu... hahaha...
Go Lilywhites.... Take care Spurs mateys!!

lungless
03-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Bro lungless... pardon my correction. Throughout Spurs history there are two famous "divers" ... Ginola and Klinsmann. However, both are my heros. I think the whole England knows that Ginola fake his act... but he got his fair share of punishment... whenever he is down... sometime genuine one... Referee also bo hiu... hahaha...
Go Lilywhites.... Take care Spurs mateys!!

No worries bro. I just dun want Spurs to be labelled cheats. Ginola and Klinsmann did not play in the same team as the players from across the town that i mentioned earlier. I worried that it might rub on to the other players. Traditionally Spurs have been a gentleman team. And should continue to be no matter how bad the time is:) Yeah, im worried that the ref will not look at geniune case in the future too, like you mentioned of Ginola...

lungless
03-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Hahaha...i was zapped for these "Christiano Ronaldo is a diver, why you never mentioned him? Your Keane, Defoe, etc are all divers! Are you jealous of Arsenal's success? No wonder Sol Campbell left Spurs for Arsenal! Hahaha!"

My guess is that the one who zapped me is a supporter from a rival team? hmm...

Why i did not mentioned C Ronaldo is that he is the only one in Man U that dived. I think he has cleaned out his acts after the worldcup. Good for him.
Why i mentioned the team across town is that several of their players are known to be serial divers. Which i hope Zokorra actions the other day will not rubbed onto other players in the team.

Anyway, no worries bro. You are entitled to your opinion of your team. Like i am of my team. Cheers yeah:)

Spurslover
05-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Juz to add to Bro Indo Popper's informative contribution. Tottenham Hotspurs has the best FA Cup Final success rate : 8 wins out of 9 Finals, with the only lost going to Coventry City with 2 own goals by Gary Mabbut, Spurs lost 2-3.

Even though Liverpool & Man United have won the FA Cup more times than Spurs, but who dares to bet against Spurs when they reach a FA Cup Finals.

This is going to be a tough season for Spurs. May I call upon all Spurs supporters to stand together and show our support to Spurs and encourage them to better things this season.

Come on, you SPURS.... :)

Castrol
12-10-2006, 02:25 PM
http://www.funnyoldgame.net/images/martin%20lol.jpg

ok no more clowning, says the pitbull edgar davids. this saturday spurs is going to hand aston villa their 1st defeat of the season. :D

lungless
13-10-2006, 01:55 AM
Alot have been said about what boo boo Paul Robinson did for England. From the replay, i think no one could prevent that goal once you take a swing. It is one of those thing....hmm, his heroic saving lots of shot during the game have been cast aside due to this unlucky bounce. Hope he plays well this weekend for Spurs yeah....Good thing that he did not look too dejected during the post England game interview. Go you Spurs!!

Castrol
13-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Alot have been said about what boo boo Paul Robinson did for England. From the replay, i think no one could prevent that goal once you take a swing. It is one of those thing....

honestly bro, i havent seen the match, still waiting for a repeat telecast. but i hope it was not becos he waited for the ball to come to him, instead of running up to the ball to make a first safe touch. this is very important especially to a goalkeeper who is standing right in front of the goal mouth.

and i am sure robinson will wake up from this and up his level for spurs tomorrow. we dont need another calamity james. :D

deslee
13-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Wah many Spurs supporters....!

Aston Villa v Spurs @ Villa Park

Any bro got tip ?

My gut feel is can take Spurs to win

Spurs 1x2
Spurs A-A
Score 0-2 in favor of Spurs

My gut feeling is that Martin Jol will field Robbie & Berbatov. Aaron Lennon may start in the 2nd half as I understand he is now fit. Spurs need a 2nd WIN in a row to boost their moral.

Any comments plz add or up my points.

Thanks.... cheers:)

lungless
13-10-2006, 01:30 PM
honestly bro, i havent seen the match, still waiting for a repeat telecast. but i hope it was not becos he waited for the ball to come to him, instead of running up to the ball to make a first safe touch. this is very important especially to a goalkeeper who is standing right in front of the goal mouth.

and i am sure robinson will wake up from this and up his level for spurs tomorrow. we dont need another calamity james. :D

The ball jump up coz of the uneven pitch(the area where the opposing goalie took goal kick in the first half). Anyway from what i see, it is neither Paul Robinson or Gary Neville fault....just plain unlucky. Robinson has always been very reliable with both legs in his clearance when playing for Spurs or England...Again pure unlucky lar.

Castrol
16-10-2006, 10:47 AM
14 Oct 2006 villa 1 spurs 1
lets pay tribute to aston villa's angel this week. what a guy! :D

from tottenham homepage -
We created a number of chances in the first half at Villa Park - Michael Dawson headed the best against the post - but failed to capitalise.

The game changed with 20 minutes remaining when Calum Davenport was judged to have fouled Gabriel Agbonlahor in the penalty and was sent off. Juan Pablo Angel missed the penalty but we were left with 10 men and, with Dawson already off after taking another bang on the head, no recognised central defenders.

Luck then turned our way as Angel headed Jermain Defoe's corner into his own net to hand us a 1-0 lead.

xCumsterx
16-10-2006, 07:43 PM
daws still suffering the effects of the concusion couple of weeks ago.
ledders still trying to recover from having fluid drained out of his knee
davs has a broken nose

who do we have then? stalty and snoops on stand-by! thudd is too slow as a centerback.

I fear to think wat besiktas will do to us if stalty and snoops starts...:(

Castrol
20-10-2006, 10:38 AM
I fear to think wat besiktas will do to us if stalty and snoops starts...:(

no fear and no tear bro, daws is back and spurs owned besiktas with a convincing 2-0 victory.

http://soccernet-att.espn.go.com/design05/images/JonMC/October%202006/berbatov-412.jpg
Berbatov is mobbed by his teammates after sealing the win.

ESPN
Dimitar Berbatov began repaying some of his £10.9million transfer fee with an inspirational display as Tottenham made a perfect start to their UEFA Cup group campaign. Berbatov showed vision to set up the opening goal for Hossam Ghaly but saved the best for himself with a stunning 63rd-minute strike.

The Bulgarian marksman, a summer signing from Bayer Leverkusen, rounded two Besiktas defenders on a marauding run and then beat goalkeeper Vedran Runje before finishing coolly.

It was a breathtaking goal which helped make a mockery of predictions Spurs would be lucky to leave Istanbul with a point.

PS3SG
21-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Once the strikers remembers how 2 score goal, they'll start flowing in

Castrol
23-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Spurs 1 West Ham 0

ESPN
Tottenham heaped more misery on woeful West Ham thanks to a first-half strike from Egyptian striker Mido. The former Roma hitman scored his first goal for the club since he returned to White Hart Lane on a permanent basis in the summer. Mido struck seconds from the end of the first half when he collected a low cross from Edgar Davids.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6086786_7_1.jpg
Mido of Tottenham takes his shirt off to celebrate his goal against West Ham.

In the 41st minute Mascherano and Defoe were involved in a scuffle which then escalated into a scrum involving all 22 players.

Mascherano had fouled Defoe but the Spurs striker retaliated by appearing to lightly head butt the West Ham midfielder.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6086802_7_1.jpg
Jemain Defoe of Tottenham is tackled and fouled by Javier Maschrano of West Ham.

Rw6828
24-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Spurs will start winning again, finally

Castrol
25-10-2006, 03:21 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/70a3c3f3-5748-4032-8947-eb5e99e617fb.jpg
ESPN
Referee Steve Bennett, right, stands over West Ham United's Javier Mascherano who lies on the pitch after being bitten by Tottenham Hotspurs' Jermaine Defoe, hidden, during their English Premier League soccer match at White Hart Lane Stadium, London, in this Sunday Oct. 22, 2006 file photo. Defoe will escape disciplinary punishment for biting Mascherano even though the Argentina star says he has a mark on his arm where the England player sank his teeth.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/elkanofan/McMasceranhocopy.png

Castrol
30-10-2006, 10:08 AM
nothing to shout about this week i'm afraid, not back to winning ways yet. but its still a point on the road. :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6113804_7_1.jpg
Dan Shittu of Watford clears the ball under pressure from Robbie Keane of Spurs. The match ended in a 0-0 draw.

lungless
02-11-2006, 12:42 PM
No worries you Spurs Supporters!! Even though Spurs not performing as well as they should presently, we still must support Martin Jol and his team. Be patient, even if it takes 2-3 years. They are already an improved team. Just need need sometime and a few more buy and sell for them to click!:)

Castrol
03-11-2006, 09:24 AM
a BRACE for BERBATOV !
and Spurs go top of the table with 6 points from 2 matches.

Tottenham [3 - 1] Club Brugge

14' [0 - 1] I. Salou
17' [1 - 1] D. Berbatov
63' [2 - 1] R. Keane
73' [3 - 1] D. Berbatov

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6130336_7_1.jpg
Tottenham Hotspur's Dimitar Berbatov holds off a tackle from Sven Vermant of Club Brugge during the UEFA Cup Group B match at White Hart Lane in London on November 2, 2006.

Castrol
03-11-2006, 09:41 AM
No worries you Spurs Supporters!! Even though Spurs not performing as well as they should presently, we still must support Martin Jol and his team.

no worry for spurs bro, but i cant say the same for chelsea. they have to come to north london this super sunday and face the great white light in white hart lane. chelski will be didier drogbanged.

have faith all ye lily whites, robbie keane will lead us to victory, its payback time! dont forget to go sgpools buy spurs win. :D

Fantastic4
03-11-2006, 11:34 AM
no worry for spurs bro, but i cant say the same for chelsea. they have to come to north london this super sunday and face the great white light in white hart lane. chelski will be didier drogbanged.

have faith all ye lily whites, robbie keane will lead us to victory, its payback time! dont forget to go sgpools buy spurs win. :D

Bro, though I am a long time spurs supporter, i dun wana underestimate chelsea. So far, spur's league form is not that good, but I still hope for a spurs victory:p

Castrol
03-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Bro, though I am a long time spurs supporter, i dun wana underestimate chelsea. So far, spur's league form is not that good, but I still hope for a spurs victory:p

a spurs victory is what we gonna get bro. even the fans of arsenal, liverpool and man utd will support spurs for 90mins on sunday. sgpools is paying 5.80 hosay! :p

qbdp
03-11-2006, 03:51 PM
I like Robbie Keane.....he's got a good football brain.

He can create problems for the Chelsea's defence.

Go the Lily Whites ! !

yeeck
06-11-2006, 02:23 AM
Congratulations!

Spurs 2 Chelsea 1

yeeck
06-11-2006, 02:23 AM
* double post*

yeeck
06-11-2006, 02:24 AM
* system error *

curiosityz
06-11-2006, 02:34 AM
wow.. spurs won chelsea 2-1 :D :D

curiosityz
06-11-2006, 02:36 AM
wow.. spurs won chelsea 2-1 :D :D

dom01
06-11-2006, 07:42 AM
Congrats! :D :D

linnaohia1
06-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Despite being a Gunner ... congrats to to Spurs fans on Spurs triump over Chkski

yinyang
06-11-2006, 09:06 AM
..even the fans of arsenal, liverpool and man utd will support spurs for 90mins on sunday. sgpools is paying 5.80 hosay!
Bro Castrol,

You must be feeling both RICH and HAPPY this morning:D

Still have trouble wiping my silly grin over chelski's faltering across london at white hart. More priceless than my silly inertia yesterday to buy home win at sg pools. Well done:p

Shiokday
06-11-2006, 09:09 AM
a spurs victory is what we gonna get bro.
finally ur wait is over bro...congrats to Spurs for their big win....

slyer
06-11-2006, 09:15 AM
yeah spurs won chelski.... :D man utd top of table yeah haha

Castrol
06-11-2006, 09:42 AM
wooooooooooohooooooooooo!

MIGHTY SPURS 2 (dawson, lennon)
CHELSEA 1 (makelele)

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6140464_7_1.jpg
Michael Dawson (20) of Tottenham rises above the Chelsea defense to score the equalizer. The teams were locked at 1-1 at half-time.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6140474_7_1.jpg
Spurs ahead!
Aaron Lennon of Tottenham Hotspur is congratulated by teammate Pascal Chimbonda after scoring against Chelsea at White Hart Lane to take the lead.

ESPN
France midfielder Claude Makelele had put the Blues ahead in the 14th minute but Tottenham centre-half Michael Dawson levelled 10 minutes later with a deft header.

Teenage England winger Aaron Lennon earned Spurs a deserved victory when he controlled a cross from Robbie Keane and calmly slotted the ball beyond Hilario for the winner in the 51st minute.

Boulahrouz inexplicably allowed Keane to make 50 yards on the left flank despite challenging him twice and when the Irishman's eventual cross arrived it was deflected into the path of the lurking Lennon.

The winger controlled the ball superbly with his right foot before calmly slotting it beyond Hilario to put the home side in front.

Lennon's goal, in front of watching England boss Steve McClaren, gave Spurs the impetus to try an increase their advantage. The tricky Berbatov was felled by Terry in the 61st minute and the Blues skipper was yellow-carded for his trouble.

In the 65th minute Michael Ballack was booked for dissent as Chelsea were clearly rattled by Tottenham's fightback.

It got worse for the Blues when Mourinho chose to replace his half-time substitute Boulahrouz with Salomon Kalou in the 68th minute and the departing defender stormed down the tunnel in disgust.

Terry was then sent off three minutes later for a second bookable offence to leave Chelsea with 10 men and in danger of incurring an FA charge as their booking count reached six for the second successive game.

qbdp
06-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Keane made substitute Boulahrouz looked silly on Chelsea's right side that Mourinho had to replace him.

Keane was awesome last night.

How the hell Chimboda played so well after a bad tackle from Lampard? After watching the replay I thought his game or maybe his season is over. No card was given to Lampard, weird.....

Castrol
06-11-2006, 10:35 AM
I like Robbie Keane.....he's got a good football brain.

He can create problems for the Chelsea's defence.

Go the Lily Whites ! !

bro you are sharp and spot on, robbie messed up the chelsea defence and made their right back boulahrouz look so blur he had to sit down and give up while keane made the cross for spurs' winning goal. :D

How the hell Chimboda played so well after a bad tackle from Lampard? After watching the replay I thought his game or maybe his season is over. No card was given to Lampard, weird.....

it was a malicious tackle by the ccb. the replay showed chimbonda's knee was seemingly twisted from the 2 legged challenge by lampard.

Castrol
06-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Bro Castrol,

You must be feeling both RICH and HAPPY this morning

Still have trouble wiping my silly grin over chelski's faltering across london at white hart. More priceless than my silly inertia yesterday to buy home win at sg pools. Well done

bro yinyang, i feel like a tycoon today. i bought both spurs and west ham win at 6.0. i am so happy you won too, there's always a good chance to win $ in spurs homeground. this morning wake up i received 3 sms from beer kakis asking me - "spurs won, how? tonight got free drinks?" :D

finally ur wait is over bro...congrats to Spurs for their big win....

you get the idea bro, i have been waiting for this day since the 6-0 drubbing by zola and gang a few years back. this revenge is better than sucking D cups, well... maybe about the same... :D

thanks to the congratulations from all bros. we long suffering spurs fans will suffer no more! c'mon you spurs, bring on the best, to dare is to do!

beck7777
06-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Congrats all Suprs fans!!!!

Liverpool fan here.. And it give me great pleasure to see Chelski lose! :D

Great job!!!!!! Cheers!!!!!!

yinyang
06-11-2006, 02:29 PM
..i feel like a tycoon today. i bought both spurs and west ham win at 6.0. ..always a good chance to win $ in spurs homeground. ..this revenge is better than sucking D cups, well... maybe about the same... we long suffering spurs fans will suffer no more!
Wah lau, double joy man. We devils need all the 'help' from both fronts including other side of London with your arch rivals gunner shehehe.

Can relate to your bit on under performing spurs. Heck, I used to back Spurs when they were FA cup specialists (loooong ago b4 before ESPN). Likes of Hoddle, Ardilles etc. May this well deserved victory will spur (excuse the pun) you guys on. You can now afford more than drinks on the house:D

qbdp
06-11-2006, 03:22 PM
it was a malicious tackle by the ccb. the replay showed chimbonda's knee was seemingly twisted from the 2 legged challenge by lampard.

If I am not wrong Lampard tackled and broke Xabi Alonso's ankle in 2005.

Chelsea seems to be more hot-headed now compared to the days of Claudio Ranieri, Gullit, Vialli and Hoddle.

Terry got sent off and at first refuse to go to the changing rooms. Took off his jersey and sit on the bench behaving like Russian Mafia. Is this the behavior of an England captain?

Castrol
06-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Wah lau, double joy man. We devils need all the 'help' from both fronts including other side of London with your arch rivals gunner shehehe.

Can relate to your bit on under performing spurs. Heck, I used to back Spurs when they were FA cup specialists (loooong ago b4 before ESPN). Likes of Hoddle, Ardilles etc. May this well deserved victory will spur (excuse the pun) you guys on. You can now afford more than drinks on the house:D

hahaha great pun. secretly, i'm really hoping for a cup double this season - FA and UEFA! a tribute to spurs greats like ardilles and archibald and...

you got it bro, come 2nd dec spurs will take a bus to highbury and show the gunners why spurs are the pride of london. (oops... should be emirates stadium, if the bus driver take spurs to highbury by mistake, the whining wanker will curse and swear and call everybody a liar). :D

DeKuip
06-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Bro Castrol so happy arr? hahaha...

Anyway i hope Spurs will continue with they good form, i oso wanna see Martin doing well in UK. I never told u he was my youth coach long time ago when he played for FC Twente... together with Romeo Zondervan and Fred Rutten. :D

Cheers

Castrol
06-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Terry got sent off and at first refuse to go to the changing rooms. Took off his jersey and sit on the bench behaving like Russian Mafia. Is this the behavior of an England captain?

i used to have a soft spot for chelsea, until john terry broke into chelsea's 1st 11. i saw him threw his temper like he's a world cup star. he kept making violent and reckless tackles and kept scolding the opponents. zero sportsmanship whatsoever. even vinnie jones had more class.

terry's stocks went up just becos he managed to score a few from corner-headers. totally over-rated. you wanna look at a world class defender and captain? i give you ledley king.

Castrol
06-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Bro Castrol so happy arr? hahaha...

Anyway i hope Spurs will continue with they good form, i oso wanna see Martin doing well in UK. I never told u he was my youth coach long time ago when he played for FC Twente... together with Romeo Zondervan and Fred Rutten.

Cheers

hahaha... yes bro today i cant stop posting in white hart lane. maybe i will slow down tomorrow after i hit the bottles tonight. :D

you mean big jol trained you before?! then can you let me shine your soccer boots? http://mods.soccergaming.tv/~iceblu/Ice/bowdown.gif

qbdp
06-11-2006, 04:53 PM
i used to have a soft spot for chelsea, until john terry broke into chelsea's 1st 11. i saw him threw his temper like he's a world cup star. he kept making violent and reckless tackles and kept scolding the opponents. zero sportsmanship whatsoever. even vinnie jones had more class.

terry's stocks went up just becos he managed to score a few from corner-headers. totally over-rated. you wanna look at a world class defender and captain? i give you ledley king.

I have to agree with you that Ledley King is a fantastic player. He has more pace and better temperament than Terrible Terry.

I think Dawson is currently the best defender in EPL for headers even better than my favourites, Ferdinand and Vidic.

DeKuip
06-11-2006, 04:55 PM

Like tat must put Khalid Boulahrouz in Terry's place loh... sure Chelsea will become EPL Champion.. i mean Champion of the most Red Card received. :p

masterview
06-11-2006, 05:03 PM
tottenham play well yesterday.... its almost time they gel togther as a team... with the emerging young talent, like jenas, dawson, etc... they can go far...

but dunno whether these young talent can be consistant...

DeKuip
06-11-2006, 05:07 PM
you mean big jol trained you before?! then can you let me shine your soccer boots? http://mods.soccergaming.tv/~iceblu/Ice/bowdown.gif

Bro, dont tease me lah... Must say i can clicked the most with Romeo Zondervan tat time... Fred is like a father figure, not really cool.. Martin worse, seldom joke with us and he is farking serious.. a cool man. Maybe my dutch language not so good tat time.. cant really execute his idee on the field. Lucky i never kena hair blower treatment. hahaha.. Reason oso i was soon dropped from the pay youth team.

ukcheong
06-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Reason oso i was soon dropped from the pay youth team.

so when did you retire from the football and play the "other" balls? LKH!!!

DeKuip
06-11-2006, 05:41 PM
so when did you retire from the football and play the "other" balls? LKH!!!

SBF have guards boh? Can someone alert the guards and show this mr the exit? :rolleyes:

Shuang_Jie_Gun
06-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Well done Spurs for beating Chelski!:D

qbdp
06-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Bro, dont tease me lah... Must say i can clicked the most with Romeo Zondervan tat time... Fred is like a father figure, not really cool.. Martin worse, seldom joke with us and he is farking serious.. a cool man. Maybe my dutch language not so good tat time.. cant really execute his idee on the field. Lucky i never kena hair blower treatment. hahaha.. Reason oso i was soon dropped from the pay youth team.

Bro, it's interesting to know that you trained and played in Holland before. I hope you will share with us more of your experience whilst in Holland - which year you started, which club, and when you decided to quit football.

So you were in Holland before or after Fandi Ahmad?

Cheers

DeKuip
07-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Well done Spurs for beating Chelski!:D

Bro SJG, never told me u support Spurs leh..

DeKuip
07-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Bro, it's interesting to know that you trained and played in Holland before. I hope you will share with us more of your experience whilst in Holland - which year you started, which club, and when you decided to quit football.

So you were in Holland before or after Fandi Ahmad?

Cheers

Hi bro,

Me wanna tell but my english not so good hor... pardon me for it.

I grown up in Holland, as usual sport in this country is a must.. almost everyone participant 1 or more kind of sport. For me i just join any sport tat my class mate asked me to.. so 1 is soccer, 1 is judo, and another is wind surfing.. few more sports i oso doing quite well tat time.. like horse riding, but this 1 is for tackle gers.. coz all gers like horse riding.

I started in a small amatuer football club near the german border, must say in holland u have at least 4 football clubs within a village tat has only 15.000 population. Even small club but all of them quite good organized. I started to play for the junior team E (F is for 7-8 yrs, E for 9-10 yr, D for 11-12 yrs, C for 13-14 yrs, B for 15-16 yrs and A for 17-18 yrs old), it's always the more junior the earlier u play on every saterday, for example A junior play at 14:30 and B junior play at 13:00 pm.. so for E is always early in the morning. Junior play always on saterday and the senior on sunday.

Beside the usual A, B, C ect junior team u will have A1, A2 sometime oso A3.. same with the other junior team.. B1, B2 and C1, C2.. ect... tat means u are good u play for the 1st team.. less better player will go to the second team.

So now it's the level these junior team playing. For amatuer youth the highest level u can play is regional, split into east, west, north and south of holland. I think quite logic they did so.. imagine travel 5 hours for a game and another 5 hours to go back! U can only play nation when u are a pay youth, tat mean what ya see now the ere divisie (premier league) and the eerste divisie (1st division) of holland... and the hoofd klassen (the top amatuer clubs of evey regions of holland) of the amatuer football. Quite complicated rite? :D If u want, i try to explain to u with pm...

Now is how to become 'get pay junior soccer player'. When u play for the local amatuer club and the club sense u are good enuff they will send the nearest top club a letter to inform them. The amatuer club i played for is near FC Twente, tat time Martin Jol played for FC Twente. After received the letter the prof club will send representives to watch the potential player play a few games.. then they will decide to take or not to take into they youth selection.

I have never made it into the official FC Twente youth team but the amatuer team i was playing was good enuff to play the highest amatuer level in east region of holland. Must say 2 of my team mates did make it but never break thru into the top of FC Twente. With Martin Jol and Romeo Zondervan they were appointed by the club i played as youth coach for the top junior's teams. I believe tat was the 1st time Martin Jol start practice coaching skill for future use.

I dont go into preparartion of a big game and the training program and take care the youth ect ect... must say as usual.. very profesiona.

Bro, i hope u are not bored with my story.. at last i wanna tell u the A junior teams tat played in the highest level can easily beat the prof clubs here. ;)

PS: Fandi Ahmad is sensational tat time in holland, i have seem him played when FC Twente need to play against Ajax. Later few more times when Fandi Ahmad played for FC Groningen.. if i'm not mistaken.. Fandi Ahmad played for FC Zwolle as his last dutch club rite? All i seen was from the stand with a valid ticket. hahaha...

Castrol
07-11-2006, 10:56 AM
I have to agree with you that Ledley King is a fantastic player. He has more pace and better temperament than Terrible Terry.

I think Dawson is currently the best defender in EPL for headers even better than my favourites, Ferdinand and Vidic.

daws is absolutely gorgeous with that blonde head, he can head away a cannonball or tomahawk missile. in fact, he tried to head away makelele's volley shot but his view was blocked and so was slightly late.

Castrol
07-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Martin worse, seldom joke with us and he is farking serious.. a cool man. Maybe my dutch language not so good tat time.. cant really execute his idee on the field. Lucky i never kena hair blower treatment. hahaha.. Reason oso i was soon dropped from the pay youth team.

bro you may not have gone on to play professionally, but in my heart you are a dutch master. unfortunately for me, i am just a ageing soccer star in one of those recreation parks today. if i were to grow up in italia and given a passport, the right midfielder in wc2006 would have been me, not camoranesi. :D

DeKuip
07-11-2006, 11:58 AM
bro you may not have gone on to play professionally, but in my heart you are a dutch master. unfortunately for me, i am just a ageing soccer star in one of those recreation parks today. if i were to grow up in italia and given a passport, the right midfielder in wc2006 would have been me, not camoranesi.

Thanks bro, me not what u call dutch master lah.. just i like this soccer game and got free time talk cock a bit loh. :p

What u say abt the passport issue i think maybe u wanna think abt it b4 u say u wanna represent for example the azzuri.. In holland a multi nationality country sometimes it's very hard to decide if u wanna represent the Oranje anot.. now a hot topic in the dutch team is Ibrahim Afellay, a 20 yrs old PSV player, born in Holland but parents origin from Marocco.

http://files.datawire.nl/uploads/o8901cyyFFFsz0gM9JcMRQ/z8L_VZ9MwvaEBqgypyxa7Q/203-afellay.jpg

Marco van Basten selected him in the temp selection against England next week, but Ibrahim Afellay still need time to decide if he really wanna represent the Oranje.. once u had wear the orange colour jersey.. he has no chance to wear the Maroccan national jersey.

Last time this was exactly the same case with Khalid Boulahrouz (Chelsea), i personal think he choosed the right colour.

Now question on u, if u really got the chance to choose playing for Singapore or Italy.. what will u choose then? And which country ur parents will force u to choose?

Castrol
07-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Now question on u, if u really got the chance to choose playing for Singapore or Italy.. what will u choose then? And which country ur parents will force u to choose?

bro, how come the kid look so much like a young jose mourningho?

i will choose to play for italy, have a few european girlfriends and get free tomatoes if i play badly. if play for spore, the only big break i'll get is when liverpool or man utd send a b team over for holiday football. :D

qbdp
07-11-2006, 12:51 PM
bro you may not have gone on to play professionally, but in my heart you are a dutch master. unfortunately for me, i am just a ageing soccer star in one of those recreation parks today. if i were to grow up in italia and given a passport, the right midfielder in wc2006 would have been me, not camoranesi.

Bro, are you sure you would have occupied the right side midfield for the Azzuri in WC2006 only? Maybe you would have also played in the WC2002 then moved to Real Madrid in Beckham's place. :p

Damn...this thread is thread is fun ! :D

qbdp
07-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Hi bro,

Me wanna tell but my english not so good hor... pardon me for it.

I grown up in Holland, as usual sport in this country is a must...... so 1 is soccer,.................horse riding, but this 1 is for tackle gers.. coz all gers like horse riding.

Bet most of us were the same when we were in puberty. Joining anything that had pretty girls.

Bro, i hope u are not bored with my story.. at last i wanna tell u the A junior teams tat played in the highest level can easily beat the prof clubs here. .

Dont worry. Not bored at all. Rather interesting in fact. S-League is a waste of time unless they have big funding and try something big J-League.

PS: Fandi Ahmad is sensational tat time in holland, i have seem him played when FC Twente need to play against Ajax. Later few more times when Fandi Ahmad played for FC Groningen.. if i'm not mistaken.. Fandi Ahmad played for FC Zwolle as his last dutch club rite?.

He turned down an offer from Ajax which he regretted ever since and returned to play for Groningen a year or two later. Not sure he played for anyone else in the Netherlands.

DeKuip
07-11-2006, 01:23 PM
bro, how come the kid look so much like a young jose mourningho?

i will choose to play for italy, have a few european girlfriends and get free tomatoes if i play badly. if play for spore, the only big break i'll get is when liverpool or man utd send a b team over for holiday football. :D

Aiyo bro... like tat if Singapore has a team name FC Pussies u wont play for Italy loh? :p

Castrol
07-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Bro, are you sure you would have occupied the right side midfield for the Azzuri in WC2006 only? Maybe you would have also played in the WC2002 then moved to Real Madrid in Beckham's place.

Damn...this thread is thread is fun ! :D

ahh... bro you are rating me very accurately, moreover if i were to dye my hair blonde, i sure more yan dao (or is it lao kao) than beckham. :p

Castrol
07-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Aiyo bro... like tat if Singapore has a team name FC Pussies u wont play for Italy loh? :p

haha... FC Pussies > italy :D

DeKuip
07-11-2006, 04:14 PM
I have temp changed my avatar for the spurs fans here, sui boh? :D

qbdp
07-11-2006, 05:43 PM
I have temp changed my avatar for the spurs fans here, sui boh? :D

this pic shows martin jol with a lush turf on his head :D

sui leh...

Castrol
08-11-2006, 05:05 PM
thanks to bro DK for a great link, lets go down memory (white hart) lane for a salute.

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/ARCHIBALD_S_19810822_TE_L.jpg

Steve Archibald joined Spurs from Scottish champions Aberdeen in May 1980. The transfer fee of £800, 000 was then a record between English and Scottish clubs. The Scottish under-23 international immediately formed a prolific goal scoring partnership with Garth Crooks, who had signed the previous month. The forward's debut came in a 2-0 home win over Nottingham Forest in the opening game of the 1980-81 season, with his first goal for Spurs coming in the next match, a thrilling 4-3 win at Crystal Palace. In January the Spurs number 8 was the toast of White Hart Lane when he scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Arsenal. The Blond-haired forward hit a total of 25 league and cup goals in his first season in London. Three of these came in F.A. Cup competition, including the opener in 2-2 draw with Wolves in the semi-final. Archibald won his first medal with Spurs in their 3-2 F.A. Cup final replay victory over Manchester City.

In 1982-83 Steve Archibald finished top scorer for Spurs in the league, with 11 goals. Although Archibald failed to get on the score sheet he was in the Spurs side that crushed Arsenal 5-0 at White Hart Lane in April. The following season was to be Steve Archibald's last at Spurs. He was involved in a dispute with his manager Keith Burkinshaw and although keeping his place in the side, the pair hardly spoke. Spurs finished 8th in Division 1 and were knocked out of both cups in the early stages. Steve netted 21 times in the league, including doubles against Wolves, Luton Town, Sunderland and Arsenal. On the domestic front Spurs had struggled to find any kind of form, but in Europe it was a different story. In the UEFA Cup campaign Archibald hit 5 of Spurs goals in the run up to their nailbiting penalty shoot-out victory over Anderlecht in the final. It brought his seasonal tally to 28 goals, the best in his Spurs career. In August 1984, after appearing 189 times for Spurs and scoring 78 goals, Steve Archibald was transferred to Barcelona for £1, 150, 000.

DeKuip
08-11-2006, 05:13 PM
thanks to bro DK for a great link, lets go down memory (white hart) lane for a salute.

U are welcome bro, no wonder today never see u online.. :D I can spend hours looking back the history too, especially search for players in my times... yeah, great memory appear one by one.

PS: Nice story.

Castrol
08-11-2006, 05:34 PM
U are welcome bro, no wonder today never see u online.. I can spend hours looking back the history too, especially search for players in my times... yeah, great memory appear one by one.

PS: Nice story.

yeah bro, i cant get enough of it, and the old pics look great. this is my biggest hero - Garth Crooks. whenever he was playing, nobody touch the tv. :D

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/CROOKS_Garth_19800912_TE_L.jpg

1980-1985

POSITION
Forward

DATE OF BIRTH
Monday, 10th March 1958

PLACE OF BIRTH
S t o k e-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England

DEBUT
Saturday, 16th August 1980 scoring in a 2-0 win at home to Nottingham Forest (Aged: 22)

CLUB CAREER
121 League apps (+4 as sub), 48 goals

qbdp
08-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Sir Alex Ferguson Was Set For Spurs

According to the Daily Mail Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson shook hands on a deal with Tottenham chairman Irving Scholar in March 1984 to join as manager the following summer.

Keith Burkinshaw had told the board he would be resigning at the end of the season and Fergie was lined up to take his place but the Scot changed his mind 10 days before the announcement was planned to be made.

Scholar wrote in his book, Behind Closed Doors: 'Keith Burkinshaw didn't want to continue after the end of the season and I had been talking to Alex Ferguson. These conversations had reached the point of agreeing personal terms and we shook hands on a deal. However, he had second thoughts about the matter and decided not to accept my offer.'

'He had a father-son relationship with the Aberdeen chairman and I think, on reflection, he felt he would be letting him down if he left.'

Instead of Fergie, Spurs ended up with Peter Shreeves who lasted just two years.

Interesting revelation!

qbdp
08-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Repeated post

Castrol
09-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Sir Alex Ferguson Was Set For Spurs

According to the Daily Mail Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson shook hands on a deal with Tottenham chairman Irving Scholar in March 1984 to join as manager the following summer.

wow man... we could have roy keane and cantona being spurs legends if fergie didnt change his mind... :D

Castrol
14-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Reading 3
Spurs 1
(played on 12-nov-2006)

whipped by the whipping boys.

espn
Reading's run of five consecutive defeats came to an end with a 3-1 victory over Tottenham inspired by midfielder Steve Sidwell.

Another defeat looked probable for the hosts when Robbie Keane gave Spurs the lead from the penalty spot at the Madejski Stadium, but Steve Coppell's side were ahead by half-time in front of a record attendance of 24,110 at the ground.

Nicky Shorey drilled in a leveller after 38 minutes and Sidwell finished from close range, before Kevin Doyle wrapped up the points late on.

It capped a fine performance from Sidwell, who dominated the midfield with his energy and accurate distribution, bringing to an end Spurs' 10-match unbeaten run.

qbdp
14-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Bro

There are rumours that Jol is looking to strengthen the left midfield of your club. The name Kieran Richardson pops up and Jol may pay 5million pounds for him.

Hopefully the deal goes through. :D

Many of us dont like him at Old Trafford and pray Jol will help us. :p

Castrol
15-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Bro

There are rumours that Jol is looking to strengthen the left midfield of your club. The name Kieran Richardson pops up and Jol may pay 5million pounds for him.

Hopefully the deal goes through.

Many of us dont like him at Old Trafford and pray Jol will help us. :p

hahaha bro, so even the biggest clubs got some trash to throw out in every transfer window. if jol signs richardson, i probably "disown" him. but if he signs dyer from newcastle or joe cole, yeah thats taking a big step forward. :D

qbdp
15-11-2006, 10:19 AM
hahaha bro, so even the biggest clubs got some trash to throw out in every transfer window. if jol signs richardson, i probably "disown" him. but if he signs dyer from newcastle or joe cole, yeah thats taking a big step forward.

Yeah, true in a way....the bigger the club, the more trash they have.

Erm...Richardson is no trash (yet) ...A couple of millions from Jol will definitely make Sir Alex rub his hands and grin. :p

Not to throw cold water yah? Unlikely Chelsea will let Joe Cole leave.

Kieron Dyer? Although this Kieron is better than other Kieran. But he spends too much time with the physio. So Richardson represents a better investment. (Lai lah....chin chye lah...5million is a leh long sale for England international.) Spurs still make money from the 18.6million we paid for Carrick. ;)

Castrol
15-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Not to throw cold water yah? Unlikely Chelsea will let Joe Cole leave.

Kieron Dyer? Although this Kieron is better than other Kieran. But he spends too much time with the physio. So Richardson represents a better investment. (Lai lah....chin chye lah...5million is a leh long sale for England international.) Spurs still make money from the 18.6million we paid for Carrick. ;)

joe cole wont wanna leave chel$ea too. i expected great things from dyer, so deadly on the wings and showed so much nerves of steel in front of goal that he played centre forward behind shearer on many occasions. he could be spurs' next garth crooks if you ask me.

but newcastle's injury woes have been quite legendary in recent years, and dyer is another big young name that faded away. i read somewhere he's gonna be back soon.

18.6m for carrick is a steal, my dear friend. he will be worth double that amount if he stayed on in spurs for another season... :D

Castrol
15-11-2006, 04:49 PM
this week we pay tribute to monsieur David Ginola.
speed, looks, and a very venomous left foot.

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/GINOLA_David_20000319_NF_L.jpg

1997-2000

POSITION
Left Winger

DATE OF BIRTH
Wednesday, 25th January 1967

PLACE OF BIRTH
Gassin, Cote d'Azur, France

DEBUT
Sunday, 10th August 1997 in a 2-0 defeat at home to Manchester United (Aged: 30)

CLUB CAREER
100 League apps, 12 goals

next week, we bow before a player who was at the lane for more than a decade. a player who was said to be the most talented midfielder of his time - Glenn Hoddle. :D

qbdp
15-11-2006, 05:19 PM
next week, we bow before a player who was at the lane for more than a decade. a player who was said to be the most talented midfielder of his time - Glenn Hoddle. :D

Can we have Gary Mabbutt the following week? :)

Castrol
15-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Can we have Gary Mabbutt the following week? :)

definitely bro. :D

Castrol
20-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Blackburn 1 (Tugay)
Spurs 1 (Defoe)

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6186622_7_1.jpg
Tottenham Hotspur's Jermain Defoe scores from the penalty spot against Blackburn Rovers. Goalscorer Tugay was adjudged to have taken down Tottenham's Ghaly in the box, resulting in a red card for the Rovers player and a penalty for Spurs.

tugay's 22th min 25-yard stunning scorcher really woke me up last nite. you'd think it was roberto carlos or nakata.

13 games played into the season and spurs havent scored a single goal from open play away from home. this cant be good, we have to cheer a bit more when spurs is playing away dont we? the brown jersey aint working and robinson is still crappy. mido got to eat "more rice" and defoe for england! :D

Castrol
20-11-2006, 11:23 AM
http://soccernet-att.espn.go.com/design05/DJ/20061118/tugayoff412_tmarsh.jpg

qbdp
22-11-2006, 12:13 PM
What a cracker from Tugay ! I thought he was unfortunate to be sent off. It was a foul but didnt look like he was the last man. Anyways it didnt look deliberate too. A penalty and maybe a caution would be enough.

Wah...Ghaly's elbow was a definite red. ;)

Castrol
22-11-2006, 01:55 PM
What a cracker from Tugay ! I thought he was unfortunate to be sent off.

i agree with you. tugay's intention to get the ball was very apparent. i cant understand why the red was shown too. anyway we have read many reports about bad referee decisions being on the rise lately.

Castrol
24-11-2006, 10:26 AM
the UEFA CUP is on its way to white hart lane! :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6200190_18_1.jpg

Dimitar Berbatov netted on his return to former club Bayer Leverkusen as Spurs reached the knockout stages of the UEFA Cup with a 1-0 win.

The 25-year-old tapped in after 35 minutes in the teeming rain at the BayArena, the stadium where he built his reputation before moving to White Hart Lane for £10.9million in the summer.

Castrol
24-11-2006, 11:46 AM
http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/HODDLE_Glenn_1981_GH_L.jpg

1975-1987

POSITION
Midfielder

DATE OF BIRTH
Sunday, 27th October 1957

PLACE OF BIRTH
Hayes, Middlesex, England

DEBUT
Saturday, 30th August 1975 in a 2-2 draw at Norwich City (Aged: 17)

CLUB CAREER
371 League apps (+7 as sub), 88 goals

Glenn Hoddle was a supremely gifted midfielder in the great Spurs tradition, and will go down in White Hart Lane history as one of Tottenham Hotspur's greatest ever players. signing for Spurs after he was spotted playing in a junior cup final by former Tottenham and England hero Martin Chivers. After successfully making the grade through the Spurs youth system, he made his debut in August 1975, coming on as a substitute in a 2-2 draw in a home match against Norwich City in the old first division. He didn't make his full debut until February the following year, in the 2-1 win against S+++e City, also scoring his first senior goal in the process. The first of 132, many of which were stunning long range efforts, and moments of pure magic.

Hoddle soon developed into a world class player alongside Argentinian World Cup winner Ossie Ardiles. He could play a pinpoint raking pass to a team mate over 40 yards away, and also had the ability to create space for himself in a busy midfield with just a simple feint to the left or right. Hoddle's performances in the that famous white shirt, which was always hanging loose as he dictated the play with his vision and skill, epitomised the cool and glamorous image that was once associated with all the great Tottenham sides of the past.

Opposing fans loved to criticise him for his lack of work-rate and his unwillingness to tackle opponents, and unfairly gave him the nickname "Glenda". But with Graham Roberts alongside him in midfield as the ball-winner, who can blame him? One player who jumped to his defence was French international Michel Platini, who said: "The English are so stupid, they criticise him for not tackling. But if he was a Frenchman we would build a team around such a genius - and he would win 100 caps." Hoddle made his full international debut in 1979 against Bulgaria, also scoring his first goal in the same game.

He won the F.A. Cup twice with Spurs. His first winners' medal came after victory in the classic 2-match final against Manchester City in 1981, the second coming the following year against Terry Venables' QPR, with Hoddle scoring the only goal of the replay from the penalty spot to retain the famous old trophy. Unfortunately, injury was to deny him a UEFA Cup winners' medal, when he missed the 1984 victory over Anderlecht. However, he WAS at the heart of the teams that finished third in 1985 and 1987, the latter being the year that Spurs suffered a shock defeat in the F.A. Cup final against Coventry, which was also his final game for the club.

The fact that Hoddle only played 53 times for his country was not through a lack of impact at international level on his part, but more as a result of successive managers failing to utilise his talents effectively - they just didn't harness his potential.

qbdp
24-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Hoddle is one of the most talented player of his generation.

Til today I still believe no English player can or has pass as well as Hoddle. Not even Beckham.

Although my favourite, Paul Scholes is a close second to Hoddle. :D

An under-rated player and manager too. Hope to see him back as a manager in EPL soon.:)

Castrol
27-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Although my favourite, Paul Scholes is a close second to Hoddle.

scholes has been such an inspiration to the man utd cause this season. he is one player i hope will play for england again.

spurs put the reading behind and helped themselves to another 3 pts at the lane on super sunday.

spurs 3 (defoe, berbatov, lennon)
wigan 1 (camara)

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6208510_7_1.jpg
Dimitar Berbatov (center) of Tottenham Hotspur scores against Wigan Athletic to give Spurs a 2-1 lead, just a minute after his teammate Jermain Defoe equalized. He later assisted Lennon to make it 3-1.

Two goals in 89 scintillating seconds inspired Tottenham to victory over battling Wigan at White Hart Lane.

Martin Jol's side had trailed to Henri Camara's 24th-minute opener but fought back in stunning style just prior to the interval through Jermain Defoe, his 50th in the Premiership, and Dimitar Berbatov.

Aaron Lennon completed the scoring in the last seconds of stoppage time to condemn Wigan to their first defeat in six games and help Spurs leapfrog them and move up to 10th place in the league table.

lets hope spurs will break the away game jinx and climb steadily to the top 4 soon. :D

qbdp
28-11-2006, 03:16 AM
scholes has been such an inspiration to the man utd cause this season. he is one player i hope will play for england again.

spurs put the reading behind and helped themselves to another 3 pts at the lane on super sunday.

Congrats, on another 3 points in the bag for Hot Spurs...Well done!

Our hopes of seeing Scholes helping the 3 Lions again are as good as the Arse winning the EPL this season. :D

Why should Scholes play for England again when there's Lampard? After all Lampard is the FIFA world 2nd best player, he surely can do more than Scholes. Lampard is the high scoring English midfielder in EPL (wonder the number of goals he has left after deducting the penalties and free kicks he took).

Scholes didnt get the recognition he deserves, playing out of position for England to suit Lampard. :mad:

Castrol
29-11-2006, 01:00 PM
dedicated to bro qbdp, we walk down memory lane and salute one of spurs' longest serving player/skipper, Gary Mabbutt. he is the first player i've seen wearing the "clinical cage" on the face while playing due to some injury. just like Steve Perryman before him, Mabbutt captained spurs for many years, showing splendid ball winning skills.

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/MABBUTT_Gary_19820821_GH_R.jpg

1982-1998

POSITION
Central Defender/Midfielder

DATE OF BIRTH
Wednesday, 23rd August 1961

PLACE OF BIRTH
Bristol

LEAGUE DEBUT
Saturday, 28th August 1982 scoring in a 2-2 draw at home to Luton Town (Aged: 21)

CLUB CAREER
(Aug 1982-May 1998)
458 League apps (+19 as sub), 27 goals

Gary Mabbutt was most regularly seen in central defence but was a versatile player who excelled also in midfield.

He became one of the best known defenders in English football in the 1980s, playing initially for Bristol Rovers before joining the top division club Tottenham Hotspur, where he became captain and won 16 caps for England, and scored one goal for England against Yugoslavia in 1986.

Mabbutt also has diabetes, and became an icon for many children with the condition. He famously appeared on the BBC's children's television programme Blue Peter where he demonstrated injecting insulin into an orange to show how he dealt with his condition on a daily basis.

With Spurs, he won the UEFA Cup in 1984 and the FA Cup in 1991. He retired at the age of 37 and now appears occasionally as a media pundit. He remains famous in Coventry where the unofficial Coventry City fanzine is named Gary Mabbutt's Knee, following his own goal which gave them victory in the 1987 FA Cup Final.

qbdp
29-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Thanks Bro Castrol

Mabbutt was an inspiration to many youngsters. I remembered reading an article about him writing to top division clubs asking for trials. Truly an inspiration.

qbdp
29-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Bro Castrol

What do you think of Jermain Defoe? Wonder what will it be like when Rooney and Defoe playing together? (no. no. not in England colours) :D

Castrol
29-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Bro Castrol

What do you think of Jermain Defoe? Wonder what will it be like when Rooney and Defoe playing together? (no. no. not in England colours) :D

bro you mean in man utd colours? or even better, in spurs lily whites? nah... rooney just signed a great new deal. :p

defoe is really a big star in the making. you can see him taking at least a few good shots at goal in every game he plays for spurs, and those shots are probably made from solo efforts. rooney is the same and even more blood thirsty. but both of them lack the header quality, so playing side by side may not be making full use of high crosses. what do you think?

just like robbie and defoe dont play at the same time much these days. the taller mido or berbatov will pair up with one of them.

qbdp
29-11-2006, 05:14 PM
bro you mean in man utd colours? or even better, in spurs lily whites? nah... rooney just signed a great new deal. :p

defoe is really a big star in the making. you can see him taking at least a few good shots at goal in every game he plays for spurs, and those shots are probably made from solo efforts. rooney is the same and even more blood thirsty. but both of them lack the header quality, so playing side by side may not be making full use of high crosses. what do you think?

just like robbie and defoe dont play at the same time much these days. the taller mido or berbatov will pair up with one of them.

Defoe has everything to become a really good striker except for his lack of height to score more headers. But Michael Owen did score a few headers eventhough he wasnt tall.

There have been lots of 'whispers' in the past few days about Defoe set to join Utd in January. Rumours only lah. Maybe Jol can find success with Berbatov partnering Defoe and Keane given a free role.

Seriously though, Rooney and Defoe can play together for England. Beckham is gone thus there wont be pinpoint crosses from Downing, Lennon, J. Cole etc. Crosses are not needed to win games. Playing a very tall forward to nod down crosses is bringing football backwards. Sven deserved to be terminated. Defoe can hold the fort for England til Owen return to fitness.

qbdp
30-11-2006, 02:50 AM
Bro..... A boost for your team !

GRAHAM POLL has received a major vote of confidence from the Premier League — by being put in charge of Saturday’s hate-filled North London derby between Gooners and Spurs.

Hope he sends off Lehmann. Never see a goalie kpkb so much. Come on man, this is football - a men's game not some pussy sports. Lehmann is better off playing netball. :D

Castrol
30-11-2006, 03:18 PM
There have been lots of 'whispers' in the past few days about Defoe set to join Utd in January. Rumours only lah. Maybe Jol can find success with Berbatov partnering Defoe and Keane given a free role.

thats fabulous bro, a free role suits robbie keane perfectly. he is always running a lot and attacking the opponent from all sides.

jol is doing everything right to me, not talking cock to the press or shifting blame here and there like a certain wanker we know. but secretly though, i wish spurs old boy and current assistant coach chris hughton will take over the wheel one day.

Bro..... A boost for your team !

GRAHAM POLL has received a major vote of confidence from the Premier League — by being put in charge of Saturday’s hate-filled North London derby between Gooners and Spurs.

haha... i dont know man, arsenal lost again last nite, to fulham. spurs will be facing 11 angry gunners this weekend for sure. lets choke those cannons and hope lehmann get lady fingers! :D

qbdp
30-11-2006, 04:27 PM
jol is doing everything right to me, not talking cock to the press or shifting blame here and there like a certain wanker we know.

I have mentioned before that of the foreign coaches only Benitez and Jol dont blame everything under the sun for not getting results. This shows they are graceful. Wenger has aged alot during his 10yrs there. It must be stressful to think of excuses and blames when his team lost. :rolleyes:

After weekend defeat to Bolton, he admitted his team is too far behind to win the EPL and after last night's loss to Fulham, he says his team is still mathematically in it. Is he losing the plot?

After 2 straight defeats, I wouldnt be surprised if your team snatch a narrow victory. Hope Keane has the winning goal. :D

Castrol
05-12-2006, 11:39 AM
After 2 straight defeats, I wouldnt be surprised if your team snatch a narrow victory. Hope Keane has the winning goal.

i am sure you are as shocked with the final score as i am bro. wenger may have lost the plot but he got back a plantation. :D

Arsenal 3
Spurs 0

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6230164_7_1.jpg
Arsenal's captain of the day, Gilberto scores the team's second goal with a well taken penalty kick.

qbdp
05-12-2006, 12:25 PM
i am sure you are as shocked with the final score as i am bro. wenger may have lost the plot but he got back a plantation. :D

I was shocked with Spurs' display. No fluency, sigh. The midfiled let Keane and Bebatov down big time. Keane had to drop back and help them which left Bebatov isolated. No fault of Keane's though.

Anyways, the first goal was an offside. How can the ref asst call for offside when he wasnt in line with the play?

Chimbonda got to the ball first for the first penalty.

Why wasnt a freekick given when van Persie clearly used his hand to control the ball before being tripped by Jenas for the 2nd penalty.

Bad decisions by the officials. Spurs may have played badly but Arsenal needed help to win the game. The scoreline was flattering for the Gooners. :(

qbdp
05-12-2006, 12:46 PM

Earlier in the day, there was more controversy at the Emirates Stadium where referee Graham Poll took centre stage as two disputed penalties helped Arsenal beat Spurs in the first north London derby at their new ground.

Arsenal led through a composed finish by Emmanuel Adebayor, although there was an element of offside, before Pascal Chimbonda was then harshly adjudged to have brought down Tomas Rosicky when he clearly touched the ball before the man.

Gilberto converted the spot kick, much to the dismay of Martin Jol, and the Brazilian got another from the spot when Jermaine Jenas brought down Robin van Persie, but only after the Dutchman had handled.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger said: "We played with spirit, character, determination and good organisation against a good Tottenham team. The team are inspired by their ambition and they were disappointed by our last two results. We realised that, as a team, we have to give more.

"The two penalties looked to be penalties to me but it happens that you don't get them in some games." (Wenger's hint of admission his side was lucky?)

Spurs boss Martin Jol was diplomatic despite the disappointment of key decisions going against his side. "You can talk about the decisions and they probably did cost us goals, but I would be embarrassed to talk about them too much. We did not lose because of them.

"We saw that Thierry Henry was not playing and we knew Arsenal had lost recent games. We sensed this was an opportunity, so we are disappointed."

http://www.givemefootball.com/display.cfm?article=9468&type=1

Castrol
06-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Bad decisions by the officials. Spurs may have played badly but Arsenal needed help to win the game. The scoreline was flattering for the Gooners. :(

yes i read the papers, it should have been 0-0 but for arsenal's 12th player. :D

sinfulguy
06-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Spurs' 2-1 win over Boro...brings them to 10th in the table....well done...

Goals from Berbatov and Robbie Keane.....seals the game. Of cos Zokora and Boteng got sent off in the dying minutes

Castrol
06-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Goals from Berbatov and Robbie Keane.....seals the game. Of cos Zokora and Boteng got sent off in the dying minutes

spurs' strikers are going to top the epl shooting list at this rate, the word is "prolific"!

Castrol
06-12-2006, 03:34 PM
someone diapped me 2 rep pts and left a remark "its still 3-0 to ARSENAL!", with the intention to hide, no nick or identification. so obviously this person is a female or a ah qua. but how come this female or ah kua is so interested in soccer? i thought they prefer netball or rumbutans?

hello xiao jie or ah qua, how are you? http://mods.soccergaming.tv/~iceblu/Ice/hello.gif

Castrol
14-12-2006, 05:52 PM
spurs 5 charlton 1

a 5 star performance by the pride of london last saturday. charlton may be bottom table but they do have quality players like matt holland, andy reid and darren bent. well, at white hart lane, the world is not enough. :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6253422_7_1.jpg
Teemu Tainio of Tottenham Hotspur is mobbed by teammates as he celebrates his goal. Spurs clobbered Charlton 5-1.

qwerqwer
15-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Spurs' 2-1 win over Boro...brings them to 10th in the table....well done...

Berbatov was brillant ..

lungless
18-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Man City 1 Spurs 2

Well done you Spurs!! The most important thing is to see improvement. Which im glad they did. Hope that Spurs will do well at the turn of the new year. And if Spurs do that, i hope all Spurs Supporters will continue to be humble just like Martin Jol:) and his players. Cheers

Castrol
19-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Man City 1 Spurs 2

awesome away win bro! its really heating up below the top 2. spurs is now in 7th spot behind bolton and portsmouth, and just 3 pts away from 3rd team liverpool.

captain king will lead spurs to the top! :D

qbdp
19-12-2006, 12:45 PM
awesome away win bro! its really heating up below the top 2. spurs is now in 7th spot behind bolton and portsmouth, and just 3 pts away from 3rd team liverpool.

captain king will lead spurs to the top! :D

Firstly congrats for the win, Bro.

Ledley King to lead Spurs to the top. Above Man Utd and Chelsea or top of the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal? :D

Castrol
19-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Firstly congrats for the win, Bro.

Ledley King to lead Spurs to the top. Above Man Utd and Chelsea or top of the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal? :D

top of the the likes of bolton and portsmouth... :D

DeKuip
19-12-2006, 04:38 PM
FEYENOORD No 1

hehehe... sorry bro castrol

Castrol
19-12-2006, 05:20 PM
FEYENOORD No 1

hehehe... sorry bro castrol

bro can you ask feyenoord to give chance and let spurs go thru and win the UEFA cup eventually? next season dont need to give chance becos spurs is taking on real madrid and barcelona in the champions league! :D

onion_rings
19-12-2006, 06:45 PM
next season dont need to give chance becos spurs is taking on real madrid and barcelona in the champions league!
Errrr bro u so sure SPURS IS GOING TO CHAMPION LEAGUE next season providing spurs last game those players dun lao sai AGAIN? O ya it will be Chelski, MU, Liverpool & Spurs hoh :D Hope i won't get hantum by "Arse" fans freedom of speeches :D

Castrol
20-12-2006, 09:36 AM
O ya it will be Chelski, MU, Liverpool & Spurs hoh Hope i won't get hantum by "Arse" fans freedom of speeches :D

arson wanker said next season let spurs replace arsenal in the champions league becos he want to focus on the coca cola league cup so his walcott boy can shine a bit. :D

DeKuip
20-12-2006, 10:03 AM
bro can you ask feyenoord to give chance and let spurs go thru and win the UEFA cup eventually? next season dont need to give chance becos spurs is taking on real madrid and barcelona in the champions league! :D

Are u kidding bro? I would like to see Feyenoord win from Spurs but i do realize the chance is slim.

Hopefully this will be a match without riot between both side supporters, history back in 80's between this 2 clubs are still fresh in my mind... I'm not sure Feyenoord gonna play this match without public due they last match incident.. can check for me boh?

ya ya.. i like to see Spurs play in champions league, becoz of they coach.. me really support Jol. :D

Castrol
20-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Hopefully this will be a match without riot between both side supporters, history back in 80's between this 2 clubs are still fresh in my mind... I'm not sure Feyenoord gonna play this match without public due they last match incident.. can check for me boh?

what happened during feyenoord's last match? did shinji ono use karate on his opponent?

now that you mentioned, jol is going to his home country for the tie. i do hope they allow the dutch chicks in at least. the last empty stadium i watched on tv was between serie A clubs catania and torino, and i heard all the coaching staff shouting and screaming in italian for the whole 90mins. :D

qbdp
21-12-2006, 12:44 AM
top of the the likes of bolton and portsmouth... :D

Can lah...not a problem to top the likes of bolton and portsmouth. Spurs should be playing in the UEFA cup regularly now as your team has a very decent squad with a respectable manager in Jol.

Knn, where got so 'lucky' for Arsenal to beat Spurs (with more than half the team down with food poisoning) in the last game to qualify for Champions League? hmmm......

Dein and Wenger cant magine Arsenal not playing Champions League in their new Emirates stadium... hmmmm x 2

Would Henry sign a new deal if Arsenal didnt beat Spurs and lost to Barcelona... hmmm x 3 :rolleyes:

Anyways, Spurs are known to be a cup team. Win the Carling cup this season ! Come on, you Lilywhites !

putrawk
21-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Glory glory Tottenham Hotspur!

Ive been a Spurs nut for 20 years. Gone thru thick and thin, most of the time, I suffered a minor heart attack whenever I see them play. Despite having some great names like Clive Allen, Gary Mabbut, Gazza, Lineker, Klinsmann, Ginola, Sherri, Sir Les and Ramon Vega (GASP!), we were a mediocre side. But times have changed. From a club who was suffering from the verge of bankruptcy (1989), we are the biggest spenders in the league since 3 years ago..nevermind Chelsea, they are filthy rich!. And now, I beleive we are on track to at least challange for a CL place. But I still think we are a couple of seasons away of actually doing it. We won yesterday in the league cup against Southend. A scrappy win I must add, but at least we have won. Look forward for us to at least lift a Cup this season, with my eyes on The LC and UEFA Cups.

* Just to share with u guys, this is my THFC Team from the day I supported spurs (1985). Would love to put the likes of Blanchflower, Greaves, Mackay etc but this team I choose is from my lifetime as a Spurs supporter.

GK- Robinson (sub-Thorsvedt)
RB- Chimbonda (Fenwick or Carr)
LB- Van Den Hauwe (Ziege)
CB - King and Mabbut (Sol -I know, i know... and Popescu)
RM- Lennon (Waddle- he's actually a LM but could also play on the right)
LM- Ginola (Paul Allen)
CM- Gazza and Hoddle (Ossie and Villa)
FW- Lineker and Klinsmann (Sheringham and Clive Allen)

Have I left out anyone here???

qbdp
21-12-2006, 10:32 PM

GK- Robinson (sub-Thorsvedt)

Have I left out anyone here???

Eh, I would hand Ray Clemence the No.1 jersey

Castrol
22-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Knn, where got so 'lucky' for Arsenal to beat Spurs (with more than half the team down with food poisoning) in the last game to qualify for Champions League? hmmm......

that fateful day the hotel got a new french chef... :D

henry is a delightful beauty, as like vieira, gilberto, pires and rosicky. somehow the wanker is always getting the right players for his team, but the striker department is still lacking. he sold anelka for a windfall, but i am not sure why he released wiltord, who was so good partnering henry that time.

but its too little too late for the gunners now, there is a new order in north london, and keane is the word.

Castrol
22-12-2006, 10:19 AM

Look forward for us to at least lift a Cup this season, with my eyes on The LC and UEFA Cups.

bro, the uefa cup is already on its way to white hart lane trophy room, its only a matter of transportation and logistics. we will drink cordon bleu and smoke cuban cigars in may or june 2007.

wow i see you got those old powerful spurs names there, clive allen is probably still in the spurs coaching team now. he scored 49 goals in one season for spurs that time, even ian rush got to pay for his beer. :D

putrawk
22-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Eh, I would hand Ray Clemence the No.1 jersey

The days when Clemence was with Spurs, he was past his best, I would say. When he was there, Tony Parks was up there with him, so that time, its between those two. I would put Pat Jennings anytime but he left us for ARSE-nal. Hey...Robbo is doing well, despite some uncertainties this season where he is a suspect of letting in long range goals....

putrawk
22-12-2006, 04:59 PM
bro, the uefa cup is already on its way to white hart lane trophy room, its only a matter of transportation and logistics. we will drink cordon bleu and smoke cuban cigars in may or june 2007.

wow i see you got those old powerful spurs names there, clive allen is probably still in the spurs coaching team now. he scored 49 goals in one season for spurs that time, even ian rush got to pay for his beer. :D

As a matter of fact, Yeah Clive is in our coaching personnel list. And so is Hans Seagers. We had Calderwood a couple of seasons ago but he left for the mighty Forest (!). Look forward to see old faithfulls like Sherri, Jamie Redknapp and Tim Sherwood in our coaching staff.

Ive put in my best Spurs team, now here is my worst team in my lifetime as a Spurs faithfull...

GK: Grodas (remember him? I bet u dont!..lol) (sub: Baardsen)
RB: Dean Austin (Stalteri)
LB: Timotee Athouba (Edinburgh)
CB: Ramon Vega, Stuart Nethercott (Chris Perry, Dean Richards)
RM: Darren Caskey (Illie Dumitrescu)
LM: Nicola Berti-he is actually a make shift LM...he's a DM. (Nayim - he made ammends while playing for Seville when he lobbed David "ron Jeremy" Seaman in the UEFA Cup Final.)
CM: David Howells, Steve Sedgley (Steve Hodge, Paul Stewert)
FW: Ronny Rosenthal, Chris Armstrong (Bobby Zamora- when he was with Spurs, Rory Allen)

Manager: Christian Gross, David Pleat, Glenda Hoddle, Santini and the list goes on and on....)

qbdp
23-12-2006, 02:02 AM
The days when Clemence was with Spurs, he was past his best, I would say. When he was there, Tony Parks was up there with him, so that time, its between those two. I would put Pat Jennings anytime but he left us for ARSE-nal. Hey...Robbo is doing well, despite some uncertainties this season where he is a suspect of letting in long range goals....

Wah...mention Jennings and I recall his one handed OUT OF THE WORLD save in the '82 or '86 World Cup (if I am not wrong)

Robbo is a rather good in shot stopping. But long shots and crosses he is still very inexperience. Hope he learn fast in other attributes.

qbdp
23-12-2006, 02:12 AM
that fateful day the hotel got a new french chef...

...... there is a new order in north london, and keane is the word.

Seriously speaking, I think there is a conspiracy theory behind that fateful day. :(

Keane is the brains. Jol should build the team around him. Play him behind the strikers and get the central midfielders to do all the dirty work for Keane. :D

Actually it is easier said than done. Sigh.

putrawk
23-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Seriously speaking, I think there is a conspiracy theory behind that fateful day. :(

Keane is the brains. Jol should build the team around him. Play him behind the strikers and get the central midfielders to do all the dirty work for Keane. :D

Actually it is easier said than done. Sigh.

I kinda like that idea of Keane in the hole. But where would we put the likes of Huddlestone, Zokora, Jenas, Davids, Tainio, Murphy and Ghali? Personally I liked Hudds. To me he is 2 times better than Carrick..he could pass as good as Carrick, has decent shot on goal and more importantly he can win back balls as he was a CB at Derby. And to me, the CMF to partner Hudds is Zokora. He is strong, has superb vision and is very fast for a DM. I dunno about Jenas though. He tends to pass the ball backwards instead of forward for my liking. Davids WAS an excellent player. But since he came, I could still see his determination and will to win but he lets the ball go easily. Murphy has past it. He was at his peak at Anfield but Injury was always a concern for him. Went to Charlton, showed glimpses of brilliance but was never consistent. Tainio to me is a good MF but nothing to shout about. He reminds me of our Vinny Samways back in the 90s. Very underated, has huge capabilities but has never actually become THE MAN. Same goes to Ghali. He is improving no doubt but for us to challange the Top 3, we need quality players. Players who could turn a match around. Someone who has great vision and creativity. Someone in the mould of Juninho (Lyon), van Der Vaart (Hamburg), Diego and so on. Of course we could do with the likes of Ronaldinho, Kaka or Christiano Ronaldo but who are we kidding??? I say, get Juninho. He may be 30, plays for a CL Club and sought after, but do u remember when we signed Klinsmann, Dumitrescu and Popescu? And what if Juninho say.."Tottenham? They are rubbish!" ..the we could remind them by saying "We beat u lot (Lyon) in a friendly tournament in Seoul, so bugger off" after saying that to the face of Juninho, shift our attention to van D Vaart or Diego..there are many fish in the sea, its just a matter of finding the right one.

Rw6828
23-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Both Keane & Huddlestone are crucial players

breaker
25-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Merry X'mas to all the Spur supporters...:)

Schmi
25-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Let's hope Spurs will re-ignite their winning run by beating Villa next at home.

Castrol
26-12-2006, 02:21 PM
I dunno about Jenas though. He tends to pass the ball backwards instead of forward for my liking.

Someone in the mould of Juninho (Lyon), van Der Vaart (Hamburg), Diego and so on. Of course we could do with the likes of Ronaldinho, Kaka or Christiano Ronaldo but who are we kidding???

jenas picked up the backwards passing from his old club newcastle. another such team is aston villa, these 2 teams are usually full of negative passes.

zokora may be playing the holding function in midfield very well, but he has displayed very good forward runs. he is a world class midfield general in the making. huddlestone is coming on well and its fantastic jol is giving him some matches but i will rather experience and aggression (edgar davids) being preferred in central midfield in big matches though. as for tainio, i'm gonna help him send his resume back to auxerre.

its amazing why lyon's juninho hasnt joined those big money spending clubs yet. maybe its real madrid or nothing for him.

my transfer-to-spurs wishes for the near future...

benoit pedretti (auxerre) - he can play very well anywhere in midfield. selfless with excellent passing and dead ball skills.

aimar (zaragoza) - a creative wizard like him is what spurs need, especially when the chips are down.

philippe mexes (roma) - under rated for years. i follow roma's games and i like his hard tackling style becos he cuts off attacks where he stands.

Castrol
26-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Let's hope Spurs will re-ignite their winning run by beating Villa next at home.

i'm still sad with the 3-1 defeat in st james' last sat. i was just hoping for a draw actually but well, dazzling dyer is back and bowyer is no longer there to distract him. newcastle is gonna be a major force from now...

anyway its back to winning ways for the lily whites tonight. martin o neil's sad face is going to be just right for the occasion. :D

putrawk
26-12-2006, 03:50 PM
philippe mexes (roma) - under rated for years. i follow roma's games and i like his hard tackling style becos he cuts off attacks where he stands.

I would love to have Mexes. I loved his style of play even be4 he was playing for Roma. But come to think of it, it will be a healthy fight for d 2 CB slots. King is of course the automatic choice. And there's Dawson vs Mexes. I reckon this would help if anyone of these 3 players gets injured or suspended. And I haf say, sell gardner. We shouldve sell him 2 or 3 years ago when he was an England international. Villa wanted him for 3.5Mil 3 years ago but we wanted 5 mil (gasp!). Now, he is not even worth a place on the bench and a regular for the reserves. I say, sell him now for 1 mil, and get a decent replacement CB. Davenport just couldnt cut it for me liao. Talking about wish lists, here's mine...

CB- Mexes/Hofland-his experience will come in handy/van de Borre -belgian whizkid

LM- We need Ginola back !....Riberry could play as a LM but then the likes of AC Milan, Barca and ARSE-nal are also eyeing him. Buy either Robben/Joe Cole from Chelski as both are absolutely gutted at not being a regular. Olivier Kapo would be a good signing too.

Creative AM- Aimar is a good player but i doubt he wants to leave spain as he has just joined Zaragoza. VD Vaart is the player I want. He could also play on the left. Diego of Werder Bremen is another name I would like. He was supposed to join Spurs a couple of seasons ago but the deal fell flat.

And what about this rumour that Villa is planning to buy Defoe for 12mil...If i were Jol, I wouldnt sell him as I think he is vital for our plans. And there ar also rumours that we r trying to lure Morten Gamst Pedersen. He is a good player but the 14mil price tag Blackburn wants is too much...

Castrol
27-12-2006, 05:44 PM
spurs 2
aston villa 1

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6303838_7_1.jpg
Jermaine Defoe of Spurs celebrates after scoring the second goal against Aston Villa. Defoe's double strike saw Tottenham to a 2-1 victory over Villa.

there is a new hope for england, and his name is Jermaine Defoe. :D

Castrol
27-12-2006, 05:57 PM
And what about this rumour that Villa is planning to buy Defoe for 12mil...If i were Jol, I wouldnt sell him as I think he is vital for our plans. And there ar also rumours that we r trying to lure Morten Gamst Pedersen. He is a good player but the 14mil price tag Blackburn wants is too much...

yeah whatever happened to gardner? he is tall and quick but suddenly lost his place.

i have never really saw hofland played before, but read a bit about him last time. ribery is awesome but he keeps saying he wants to join arsenal. a couple of seasons back, spurs wanted to take geremi and joe cole in a package deal. i was happy like fuck then but lucky chelski kept them sigh...

vdv used to be an icon and the perfect attacking midfielder in ajax and the dutch nt but injuries changed his destiny somehow. i'm not sure why he chosed to join hamburg though. yes, if vdv joins spurs, spurs' attacks will be fast and furious.

much has been said about defoe leaving spurs soon what with the offers rumouring around. ask for 100m pounds i'd say. :D

qbdp
28-12-2006, 12:42 AM
Bro Castrol, Congrats again for the win against Villa.

Eh, you are quite accurate with your 'face reading' on O'Neil. How about reading Senor Mourinho's face? :D

Castrol
28-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Bro Castrol, Congrats again for the win against Villa.

Eh, you are quite accurate with your 'face reading' on O'Neil. How about reading Senor Mourinho's face? :D

spurs has won 12 consecutive matches at home, what a record! just mention "white hart lane" to barca or chelsea players and you can see them shivering.

moaningho was visibly sad when cashley cole knocked the ball into his own net thru a essien deflection in the 2-2 draw with the readers. but i'm sure a blowjob from CIMley cole after the game made him happy again. :D

putrawk
29-12-2006, 03:42 PM
I agree with u Castol....vdv is a bit injury prone for my liking. But on his day, he is world class. If we cant get him, I reckon we should look at Hatem ben Arfa of Lyon. He is not yet a rgular at Lyon (he is 20 yo), but is rated highly by top football pundits and legends. He is a left winger and could solve our problem there. Heck he could even be the next Ginola..or maybe Waddle..or maybe paul Allen...heck, even Jose Dominguez! -remember him?

As for replacement at CB, names like Matt Upson, Curtis Davies and Billy Jones have been mentioned. I dun mind all three as all of them are highly rated. Upson of course is the eldest of the 3 and his xperience will come in handy, but what bout his arsenal past? U reckon the fans are DOWN with the UP-son? Davies is for me a more suitable player, he is young, willing to learn and has played with Dawson in the England Junior setup. As for Billy Jones of Port Vale, he is a versatile 19 yo, could play anywhere in defence. Like Upson and Davies, he too has leadership qualities as he was Captain of the England u-19. But if we were to look abroad, get Kevin Hofland or Ron Vlaar. Both are dutch, same as our Martin Jol. Vlaar is only 20 but he could tackle like nobody's business! He could be cheaper than Hofland and would benefit a lot from learning from the likes of King and co.

So come on you Spurs, come on Martin Jol, come January, spend wisely. And to all you Spurs fans, Now Its Time To Be (Martin) JOLLY! lalalalalalala....!

qbdp
29-12-2006, 10:54 PM
So come on you Spurs, come on Martin Jol, come January, spend wisely. And to all you Spurs fans, Now Its Time To Be (Martin) JOLLY! lalalalalalala....!

T'is the season to be jolly
Fa la la la la
La la la la......

Spurs to win the UEFA Cup
Man Utd to win the UEFA Champions League

Castrol
31-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Spurs to win the UEFA Cup
Man Utd to win the UEFA Champions League

spurs to win the FA cup and man utd to be epl champions too! :D

qbdp
31-12-2006, 07:13 PM
spurs to win the FA cup and man utd to be epl champions too! :D

Spurs to beat Chelsea and win the Carling Cup after overcoming Arse-anal / L'pool in the semi.

Man Utd to help lighten Spurs burden and win the FA Cup. :D

sinfulguy
31-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Zokora's careless pass led to the liverpool....he really cannot make it lah...on the other hand Huddlestone is looking to become the next Spurs' midfield star man....and he is only 19

Castrol
01-01-2007, 01:03 AM
Spurs to beat Chelsea and win the Carling Cup after overcoming Arse-anal / L'pool in the semi.

Man Utd to help lighten Spurs burden and win the FA Cup. :D

bro have mercy, the last time spurs won the FA cup was more than 10 years ago... let spurs play charity shield next season. :D

Zokora's careless pass led to the liverpool....he really cannot make it lah...on the other hand Huddlestone is looking to become the next Spurs' midfield star man....and he is only 19

spurs 0
liverpool 1

why zokora chose to make a pass to his right where gerrard is so standing near is beyond me. but i wont take anything away from liverpool, they were full of class. and spurs not being able to score a single goal at home is really not acceptable.

huddlestone did very well and he is producing long shots from outside the box in every game, something every central midfielder should do. and ghaly.... i dont know man, he is not even half as enterprising as lee or chimbonda.

qbdp
01-01-2007, 03:02 AM
bro have mercy, the last time spurs won the FA cup was more than 10 years ago... let spurs play charity shield next season. :D

Wow bro...you want your team to go all out for UEFA, Carling and FA Cups treble. There can be quite a few games and is taxing on your Spurs. Sure you dont want Man Utd's help on the FA Cup? :D

I believe Sir Alex is concentrating on the EPL and just 'trying' for UEFA Champions League this season.

He wouldnt want to play Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea in the shield. Thus Spurs will be the worthy opponents based on the style of football dished out.

putrawk
02-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Without a doubt, I think that this year's Spurs can win at least 1 trophy. Logistically, I think we can win 2, which is the League Cup and The UEFA Cup. We have always been a "Cup" team whereby before ManYoo's dominance of the 90s, we were the record holder for most FA Cup wins. So I reckon this season, MJol's team are capable of actually winning it. I see the return of Ledley King (he missed most of last season due to injury) as vital to our plans, as well as our new buy, Dimitar Berbatov's form have been great. He not only score golas, but also create them and that is why you see both Jermain Defoe and Berbatov have surpassed double figures. Not only that, if we have these two players injured, we still have able replacements like Robbie Keane, Mido and Barnard whom I rated highly. The midfields is slowly gaining momentum with Malbranque and Hudds proving to be two of our main players. And imagine when Lennon comes back, the mf looks complete with the exception of, perhaps, the left side where we need to improve. Malbranque have been playing in that role, quite good (if u compare to makeshifts - Davids, Tainio and Murphy) but to me Malbranque's best position is on the right or as a playmaker in the centre (where he scored a goal against Pompey). You know, despite our slow start, we are picking up gear. I would rather we start late, mid season in the upper half of the table and at the end of the season, we finish highly ...rather than lying at 4th position since early season, only for our rivals, the scums, to overtake us in the final day of the season. (and dont blame the lasagna!)..So chin up, stay proud coz the future is bright, the future is Lilywhites u guys!

Castrol
03-01-2007, 05:02 PM
So chin up, stay proud coz the future is bright, the future is Lilywhites u guys!

haha... this is good. the future is bright, the future is lilywhites! winning the uefa cup will be the best thing to happen this season. all in europe will be reminded of what mighty spurs is. and just like sevilla, spurs will top the league table next season. how about that?

portsmouth 1
spurs 1

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6325256_7_1.jpg
Tottenham Hotspur's Steed Malbranque scores the equalizer past Portsmouth goalkeeper David James. The game ended in a 1-1 draw.

an away point is good for now, considering spurs' dismay away record. the bad side to this match is ghaly losing 4 teeth in a clash with ex-spurs player pamorot. i'm seriously considering hanging up my own boots from weekend soccer. if i were to lose a few teeth like ghaly, when i drink beer, the beer will flow out from my mouth. :(

sinfulguy
03-01-2007, 05:47 PM
what spurs need is the return of Aaron Lenon man....

qbdp
03-01-2007, 11:51 PM
what spurs need is the return of Aaron Lenon man....

Not forgetting Robbie Keane

putrawk
04-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Not forgetting Robbie Keane

I think we can manage without Keano. For me, the best partnership for Spurs is Barbara (Berbatov) and JD. Keano partnering Berbatov dont look menacing enuff. Maybe Keano is better off with Mido, I reckon. I think Berbatov is excellent, almost indispensable whereas Keano would be great if JD gets injured. Dont get me wrong, I like Keano, its just that at the moment, i would opt for JD as he is on fire, though he has failed to score in our last 2 games.

But I must say, my alltime fav striker is Gary Lineker. To me he is unique. He is the type of player who would not play footy in 80 whole mins but can manage to score a brace in the last 10mins. That is what we need. But I guess time has changed where nowadays teamwork is much more important. Doesnt matter if ure a striker or a fullback, u have to score goals and try and create em. This is the quality Berbatov have...he is our Henry (of course without the fast pace). Whenever he has the ball, I always felt confident. Now thats class! :cool:

putrawk
05-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Well Castrol, too much for us signing Phillipe Mexes. Aparently, Chelsea also wants him which will make it difficult. But then again, Chelsea is always being linked to almost every player who has two feet! I would say, this January, we shouldnt spend a lot as the team is just beginning to show momentum. The compulsory buy would have to be a left midfielder. As well as a centre back as I have so many times, Davenport and Garner just dont cut it for me. We should leave Dawson and King as our 1st choice. Then go and buy good young players. Billy Jones of Crewe is a good player and so are the likes of Vincent Kompany of Anderlect and also Gerard Pique of Man Utd reserves.

Castrol
05-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Well Castrol, too much for us signing Phillipe Mexes. Aparently, Chelsea also wants him which will make it difficult. But then again, Chelsea is always being linked to almost every player who has two feet! I would say, this January, we shouldnt spend a lot as the team is just beginning to show momentum. The compulsory buy would have to be a left midfielder.

bro you really know the names of up and coming players. i have never watched jones, pique or kompany play before. i also just read about chelsea's interest in mexes from the papers. since chelsea always gets their man, i would propose another solid defender - cris from lyon. the bald one is second to none in the air and his fiery temper can wake the entire spurs team up when the sail aint smooth. lets speak to jol about him.

talk about a good left sider, you remember stephane dalmat? he was on loan to spurs in 2003 from inter milan. he operated on both left and right wings for spurs with great pace and dribbling skills. i watched him play for bordeaux recently on tv, he's still very quick and creative, dominating the left flank.

spurs shipped him back to inter when he got into a fight or something during training one day. i was sad to see him go, everytime he played, spurs looked good on the attack.

wikipedia on dalmat

Two-and-a-half seasons of frustration at Inter Milan were followed by a loan move to Tottenham Hotspur for the rest of the 2003-04 season, for what looked like an ideal replacement for Christian Ziege. The playmaker’s fortunes did not get much better at White Hart Lane where, despite winning over the Spurs fans with some dynamic performances, he did not win over the confidence of then Coach David Pleat.

His debut for Spurs came on 13 September 2003 as a substitute in a 4-2 defeat at Chelsea. However, in true Tottenham tradition, he was injured for most of the season, but had impressed in a left midfield role before his injury.

Dalmat's performances in the first three months of the 2004/05 season were those of a man desperate to prove a point. To this day many still say that Dalmat wasn't given a fair chance at Spurs where he played outstandingly well in most games he played in but was often very unpredictable on the pitch, even to his own team-mates.

putrawk
06-01-2007, 04:09 PM
bro you really know the names of up and coming players. i have never watched jones, pique or kompany play before.
talk about a good left sider, you remember stephane dalmat? he was on loan to spurs in 2003 from inter milan. he operated on both left and right wings for spurs with great pace and dribbling skills. i watched him play for bordeaux recently on tv, he's still very quick and creative, dominating the left flank.

spurs shipped him back to inter when he got into a fight or something during training one day. i was sad to see him go, everytime he played, spurs looked good on the attack.

[/I]

I have seen Jones play for Crewe against our u-19 team in a friendly a couple of seasons ago I think. It was a friendly match but that Jones boy really is good. He is versatile enuff o play anywhere in defence and have caught the eye of Rafa Benitez, Moyes and Alan Pedrew when he was with WHUFC. I liked Kompany because despite Andlect's poor CL campaign, he was the stand out one. Very strong and agile. As for Pique, he did play a few games for MU and he looked promising. Maybe with the guidance of Rio Ferdinand helped his game a little.

As for Dalmat, yeah I remember him. He was on loan to us the same time as Paul Konchesky. Together, they played on the left and looked good with Konchy as a left back and Stephane AML. I would love to see im at the lane but dont u think he is a bit injury prone and could distrupt the morale of the team? And come to think of it, he is to me, just a notch above class than Andy Reid. If we were to challange the big 4, we need extraordinary talent. somone young but with potential. I can throw in a few names but will we sign them?? Thats a tough one... Joe Cole, Van Der Vaart, Wesley Sneider, Olivier Kapo, Hatem Ben Arfa, Maxi Rodriguez, Bastruk, Bakircioglu, fabio Paim, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Clint Dempsey...and the list goes on. But we were rumoured to sign Stewert Downing. I say, NO! Andy Reid is better, even if we recall Ginola or even Nicola Berti, they are better!

Red-Card
07-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Personally, I like Bakircioglu....another up & coming Swedish star

Castrol
08-01-2007, 12:46 PM
But we were rumoured to sign Stewert Downing. I say, NO! Andy Reid is better, even if we recall Ginola or even Nicola Berti, they are better!

haha... berti, all the way from mighty serie A those days. magical ginola could have played another 1 or 2 good seasons for spurs but they sold him to aston villa. weird decision. downing is the kind of sometimes good, sometimes fuck tup player.

no_faith
08-01-2007, 01:20 PM
downing is the kind of sometimes good, sometimes fuck tup player.

agreed wif bro castrol, hot and cold, not consistent, summore question y he is not pick for england squad. sum1 has to wake him up.

putrawk
08-01-2007, 03:55 PM
I have never rated Downing. Whats the point of signing an inconsistent player? We already have that in Davids, Tainio and Jenas!! And yes Bakircioglu is an up and comming Swede. I have seen him play once and was impressed by his style of play. According to my Swedish friend in KL, he is probably the next F.Ljunberg, so he must be good. Why didnt we sign Luis Boa Morte, I wonder. He is expereinced and has pace to go up and down that left flank. He could also double up as a striker. Nevermind his ARSE-nal past, he is class.

The future is Bright, the future is Lilywhite. Up you SPurs!

Castrol
08-01-2007, 05:02 PM
lets salute a great goalkeeper! Ray Clemence.
i remember clemence always wore the green colour goalie jersey during those days, saw a lot of his flying saves too.

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/CLEMENCE_Ray_19820822_TE_L.jpg

1981-1988

POSITION
Goalkeeper

DATE OF BIRTH
Thursday, 5th August 1948

PLACE OF BIRTH
Skegness, Lincolnshire

LEAGUE DEBUT
Saturday, 29th August 1981 in a 3-1 win at Middlesbrough (Aged: 33)

CLUB CAREER
240 League apps

When Ray Clemence signed from Liverpool for £300, 000 in August 1981 the 33 year old had already appeared 55 times for England and was recognised as one of the best goalkeepers in world football. At 6ft 2ins Clemence had the perfect physique which, combined with an excellent temperament, helped him to command and organise a relatively inexperienced Spurs defence.

Tottenham finished 4th in Division 1 in Clemence's first season, their highest position in over a decade. The new Spurs 'keeper managed 25 clean sheets in all competitions throughout that first season. Clemence tasted the North London derby atmosphere on three occasions in his first season in London. In March the sides drew 2-2 at White Hart Lane and Spurs won 3-1 at Arsenal in April. The old rivals were also drawn together in January in the 3rd round of the F.A. Cup at The Lane, with Spurs winning 1-0. In the seven games it took Tottenham to win the season's F.A. Cup Clemence kept the opposition out on five occasions, including the final replay where Spurs defeated Q.P.R. 1-0.

The England international's performances in the League Cup had been even more sensational. Remarkably, Clemence was unbeaten in all seven Spurs games on the way to the final, these included two 1-0 wins over Manchester United in the 2nd round tie. It was with only three minutes remaining of the final, against his former team Liverpool, that Clemence was finally beaten, by Ronnie Whelan's late equaliser. Two further goals in extra time gave the cup to Liverpool, but Ray's performance had been outstanding. Spurs finished 4th in Division 1 in 1982-83 and Clemence appeared in all but 1 league game, keeping 12 clean sheets. Seasonal highlights included home wins over Southampton 6-0, Arsenal 5-0, Manchester United 2-0 and champions Liverpool 2-0.

putrawk
08-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Hail Ray Clemence! We have been blessed with good goalies. Jenings, Clemence, Tony Parks, Thorsvedt, Keller, Robbo, Sullivan (GASP!) and Ian Walker (GASP GASP GASP!!)..ahhaha. Clemence was a great servant for the club. But I still think that his best form was when he was a Kop. But when he came, he did manage to impress us all with his performances. Too bad son Stephen couldnt repeat his dad's feat. Stephen was rubbish.

Castrol
10-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Hail Ray Clemence! We have been blessed with good goalies. Jenings, Clemence, Tony Parks, Thorsvedt, Keller, Robbo, Sullivan (GASP!) and Ian Walker

yeah, they are all terrific goalies you named, and a few of them wore the england number 1 shirt too. :D

putrawk
10-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Not to mention we had some pretty good strikers as well (Clive Allen, Gary Lineker, Gordon Durie (GASP!), Juergen Klinsmann, Teddy, Sir Les, Steffen Iversen (GASP GASP!), Keano, Defoe and Berbatov). Also, Not to mention Midfielders - Ricky Villa, Ossie, Glenda, Waddle, Gazza, Paul Allen, Anderton, Ginola, Davids, Lennon), defenders (Mabbut, van Den Hauwe, Calderwood, Sol, Ledley, Popescu, Dawson)...too bad we dont really have a team of good players..we always have excellent players playing alongside crappy players in a team. For example...in the late 80s we had the likes of Lineker, Mabbut, Gazza and Paul Allen playing alongside players like Steve Sedgeley, David Howells and Micky Hazard. Then we had Teddy, Klinsmann and Sol alongside Dean Austin, Clive Wilson and Darren Caskey. Even now we have the likes of Berbatov, Defoe, King and Robbo playing alongside mediocre players like Davenport, Tainio and Paul Stalteri. Now thats a point to ponder...imagine if we have a Great first 11 and reputable replacements, we would surely be racing with the top guns. What we need is not just individual players, we need a team, a team that can complement each other. From what I see from our team now, only the strikers complemented each other....Defoe and Berbatov proved to be a good pair. But what about the link between the midfield and the strikers? Despite the 'big names' in our midfield lineup, I still think we are rather weak in that department. We need to buck up, play as a unit. We can go far, its just that we need the players with the right attitude and can play with each other.

Castrol
15-01-2007, 12:50 PM
spurs 2 (defoe, berbatov)
newcastle 3 (huntington, martins, butt)

i watched only the 1st half last night, gave up at the break and went to rest in peace (on my bed) with the scoreline at 1-1, thinking its gonna be a 5-1 victory for sexy spurs when i read the news tomorrow... hey it was supposed to be 3-0 or 4-0 if not for shay given's God-given reflexes. well, i planned to wake up at about 4am to watch the madrid-zaragoza match anyway.

but boy did everything go wrong...

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6368614_7_1.jpg
Tottenham's Dimitar Berbatov scores against Newcastle to put his side 2-1 ahead at the start of the second half.

you wont see a slap more gayish than this...
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6369114_7_1.jpg
Tottenham's Pascal Chimbonda (left) scuffles with Newcastle United's Nicky Butt as they leave the pitch after the half-time whistle.

putrawk
15-01-2007, 03:19 PM
What a blow...we played brilliantly in my opinion but just couldnt find the net. Defoe was sharp but berbatov, for once, had a bad day. He looked tired. Nucastle didnt play good football until that 2 mins of madness from the Spurs defence. We defended poorly. Surely Jol has to look at buying defenders before the transfer window ends. We missed King. Davenport showed character but was hot and cold throughout. Dawson I think can only play well when King is around. Chimbonda looks good but Lee Young Pyo is a suspect. He is good attacking but defending and marking, he is so poor. Assou Ekotto is the same. We need a leftback. Wayne bridge doesnt see much action at Chelsea so we ought to get him. Or maybe Leighton Baines or Gabriel Heinze. Garreth Barry can play at left back too but he prefers to play as a cMf and I doubt he would come as Villa are improving under M.O'neill (Or are they??) We also need a centre back. Daws is good, I like him very much but he only plays well when partnering King. Davenport is ok its just that he need time to adapt. So ENIC, Levy, Buchler, Comoli and Jol, Splash the cash...we want improvement. As for now, Im too dissapointed and heartbroken at our home loss so Im gonna shift my attention to my other interest....SEX! (thats the reason i joined this forum anyway, not footie!)...LOL

Castrol
15-01-2007, 05:15 PM
So ENIC, Levy, Buchler, Comoli and Jol, Splash the cash...we want improvement. As for now, Im too dissapointed and heartbroken at our home loss so Im gonna shift my attention to my other interest....SEX! (thats the reason i joined this forum anyway, not footie!)...LOL

i read the papers today and there is no mention of big names for january. those mentioned were darren bent, ashley young etc... sometimes i would rather see big $um spent on one big star player than spread it over purchases of a few "doing quite well" players.

robinson is crappy and thats the truth now. you saw the equaliser from the newcastle young guy? the shot went thru robinson's legs at that kind of angle. go buy lyon's coupet, i'd say.

lungless
15-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Not to mention we had some pretty good strikers as well (Clive Allen, Gary Lineker, Gordon Durie (GASP!), Juergen Klinsmann, Teddy, Sir Les, Steffen Iversen (GASP GASP!), Keano, Defoe and Berbatov). Also, Not to mention Midfielders - Ricky Villa, Ossie, Glenda, Waddle, Gazza, Paul Allen, Anderton, Ginola, Davids, Lennon), defenders (Mabbut, van Den Hauwe, Calderwood, Sol, Ledley, Popescu, Dawson)...too bad we dont really have a team of good players..we always have excellent players playing alongside crappy players in a team. For example...in the late 80s we had the likes of Lineker, Mabbut, Gazza and Paul Allen playing alongside players like Steve Sedgeley, David Howells and Micky Hazard. Then we had Teddy, Klinsmann and Sol alongside Dean Austin, Clive Wilson and Darren Caskey. Even now we have the likes of Berbatov, Defoe, King and Robbo playing alongside mediocre players like Davenport, Tainio and Paul Stalteri. Now thats a point to ponder...imagine if we have a Great first 11 and reputable replacements, we would surely be racing with the top guns. What we need is not just individual players, we need a team, a team that can complement each other. From what I see from our team now, only the strikers complemented each other....Defoe and Berbatov proved to be a good pair. But what about the link between the midfield and the strikers? Despite the 'big names' in our midfield lineup, I still think we are rather weak in that department. We need to buck up, play as a unit. We can go far, its just that we need the players with the right attitude and can play with each other.

Bro, i agree with most of what you say except about tainio. I think this fella is class...it is only that he is injured now. When he was well, he can play anywhere - talk about sheer versatility. And he has got bite as well as class....i think davenport is a decent central defender - that was why he won alot of the england under 21 caps, maybe give him more chance and he will get better. Stalteri - most of the goals conceded last season was thru his side. He is not able to withstand the full game - always have lapse in concentration every now and then. I am real happy that they got chimdonda now:)

lungless
15-01-2007, 08:50 PM
What a blow...we played brilliantly in my opinion but just couldnt find the net. Defoe was sharp but berbatov, for once, had a bad day. He looked tired. Nucastle didnt play good football until that 2 mins of madness from the Spurs defence. We defended poorly. Surely Jol has to look at buying defenders before the transfer window ends. We missed King. Davenport showed character but was hot and cold throughout. Dawson I think can only play well when King is around. Chimbonda looks good but Lee Young Pyo is a suspect. He is good attacking but defending and marking, he is so poor. Assou Ekotto is the same. We need a leftback. Wayne bridge doesnt see much action at Chelsea so we ought to get him. Or maybe Leighton Baines or Gabriel Heinze. Garreth Barry can play at left back too but he prefers to play as a cMf and I doubt he would come as Villa are improving under M.O'neill (Or are they??) We also need a centre back. Daws is good, I like him very much but he only plays well when partnering King. Davenport is ok its just that he need time to adapt. So ENIC, Levy, Buchler, Comoli and Jol, Splash the cash...we want improvement. As for now, Im too dissapointed and heartbroken at our home loss so Im gonna shift my attention to my other interest....SEX! (thats the reason i joined this forum anyway, not footie!)...LOL

Relax bro!! We must keep Assou Ekotto. I see enough of this young guy to suggest that he can be a top class defender one day. For young pyo, he is the same as stalteri...plenty of lapse:(