PDA

View Full Version : Newbie's Guide to Accessing The Chat Room

Pages : [1] 2

Ethanas
22-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Guide to access the new comet chatroom can be found here (https://sammyboyforum.com/showpost.php?p=13627040&postcount=1630)

I have receive a few queries on how to access the chat rooms by people recently. Apparently they are having different problems.

Sam, if you find this helpful can you please sticky this?

Sam's TCSS Chat Room

Please take note that Sam's chat room runs on Java apps, therefore to be able to access it you need to use either 1) Microsoft Java Virtual Machine or 2) Java Runtime (recommended).

Microsoft Java Virtual Machine can be found on the Microsoft webpage, you need to do alot of searching for it though so I won't recommend it unless you guys have too much time on your hand or your company only allows it.

Java Runtime can be found in www.java.com .

Note that the chat client uses ports 8000-8009 to connect to the chat server. For people who are surfing with firewall activated please allow these ports. For people who are surfing from home with multiple PCs connected through a single router gateway, you might need to do a port forwarding on your routers. Details instructions on port forwarding and firewall access controls can be found on the respective equipments/ software's instruction manuals.

Some company do blocks unauthorised ports, please refer to your IT supports to allow it.

Trouble Shooting

Error 1: No Java icon/ nothing runs when you click on Chat Room.

Possible cause, Java plugin/ runtime is not installed. Please go to www.java.com to download and install the java runtime.

Error 2: The java splash screen takes a long time to load.

Possible causes, system memory allocation limit. You might have too little memory or you are running too many processes on your PC. This is very rare, it should only happen if you are infected with virus, or your PCs is very very old.

If your PC have at least 256mb of RAM, you should scan your PC for virus/ spyware/ trojan.

If your PC is very old, then its time to think of upgrading your machine. I mean comeon, Java don't take much resources, you must have a totally ancient machine to be experiencing RAM problems.

Possible causes 2, lag, you might experience some lag if you are running on dialup. There is not much way to solve this but to cancel some downloads (if any) you are running.

Error 3: after clicking on Chat room it shows a blank page after java is loaded.

Possible causes, your java runtime is corrupted. You have to reinstall java. Please remove Java runtime from your computer using Control Panel => Add/ Remove Programs. Then redownload java from www.java.com and reinstall it.

Error 4: It takes sometime before what you type appears in the chat.

Possible causes, Lag, you might experience some lag especially if you are running on dialup. There is not much way to solve this but to cancel some downloads (if any) you are running.

Sorry for the rather lengthy instructions, hopefully this help those who can't get on the chat. More functions and instructions regarding the chatroom can be found on http://support.raidersoft.com/sigmachat.pl?id=118031 .

See you guys there.

P.S. If there are any more problems that are not stated in this brief manual, please add on here or pm me.

Cheers

-Ethanas

Ethanas
22-12-2005, 10:51 AM
A brief add on to the above instructions.

For those bros having problems and running microsoft's IE, you can try to use a different browser. Personally I recommend Firefox www.firefox.com .

-Ethanas

Ethanas
29-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Dos and Don'ts of the Chatroom

Do TCSS in the chatroom, its set up for just that.
Do Talk about anything under the sun.
Do write FRs of all your exploits if you like there.
Do be friendly
Do be polite
Do be patience with lao jiao who suan people there
Do join in the fun
Do have lots of fun

Don't ask for contacts, do a search and use this forum for contacts. (If you think that you might get contacts real time you are wrong! You will only get real time fucking/ suaning/ fake numbers)
Don't piss the mods off
Don't fight in the channel its real time so real time flaming will mess up the forum.

-Ethanas

Hanxinco88
30-12-2005, 03:14 AM
bro ethanas,

maybe you would like to add a "Don't ask for points" as well....what do you think???

Cheers

thunder_flash
19-01-2006, 12:39 PM
hello y cant i post in private session?

Major_Ace
24-01-2006, 04:08 PM

Do be friendly
Do be polite
Do join in the fun
Do have lots of fun

Don't ask for contacts, do a search and use this forum for contacts. (If you think that you might get contacts real time you are wrong! You will only get real time fucking/ suaning/ fake numbers)
Don't piss the mods off
Don't fight in the channel its real time so real time flaming will mess up the forum.

-Ethanas

Very informative for newbies like me. Thanks

Major

TMARIELMT
26-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the information.
no wonder i cannot login to the chatroom.

thanks again bro ethanas

Fertherlite
29-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Noted Thanks :)

Remy_Martiny
30-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Hi,

Thanks and noted.

Admin
05-02-2006, 04:21 PM
short n sharp cheers

Golden Finger
07-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Thanks and understood.............:)

Sea Snake
08-02-2006, 05:18 PM
I have printed out to read. Thanks for the info.

SammyGerGer
08-02-2006, 05:59 PM
very detail thanks

michael_368
09-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Thanks bro,

Very details...excellent job
Cheers

alf98
10-02-2006, 02:05 PM
TQ! Will try this chat later, got lots of home work to do now---reading the threads..heehehehe

Muthu Sammy
17-02-2006, 03:56 AM
will try it dhe next dhe day, so dhe ry n thank you

roadie
17-02-2006, 01:16 PM
thanks a lot for the info.tried to access it but inside got no pl chatting...:o i will try again later

seacher
18-02-2006, 12:14 AM
it the chatroom closed permenently?

VotKid
18-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Chatroom can be accessed.:cool:

Smelly BeanCure
19-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Read and taken note of. Thanks

gary4024
20-02-2006, 01:50 AM
thx for the info yet again

Smeely BeanCure
21-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Read and understood. TQ :)

24xiolohkuan
24-02-2006, 06:59 AM
understand le tq tq wah got 2 type of bean curd here :)

mebirdie
24-02-2006, 08:37 AM
all the beancurd family is here.
Welcome

coconut head
25-02-2006, 02:55 AM
understand le tq tq wah got 2 type of bean curd here :)
What is 24xiolohkuan???... Ur surname Xio name loh kuan??? the number 24 no good mean easy to die in cantonese...:confused:

domz
25-02-2006, 10:14 AM
thanks bro.... homework ah .......yeah rite;)

SnooZola
09-03-2006, 12:37 AM
another informative guidlines on chat...10Q threadstarter:D

globeroamer64
01-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the info!

PS3SG
05-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Doesn't seems to be able to log on in off, will try again at home.:p

Big Sexy
14-04-2006, 07:21 PM
bro.. let me add some more info to this thread.... :)

extract from http://support.raidersoft.com/resolve.html

Resolving Common Problems

1. My web browser reports "load: class Client not found" error when loading SigmaChat, ICE, or RaiderCSS

The Load class Client not found error is among the most notorious of Java applet error messages, and can be caused by a number of different problems. Usually, this problem indicates that your web browser has downloaded/ cached an invalid copy of our chat software (cache instability or an error in download). Minor network glitches between your computer and RaiderSoft's servers can also cause the problem. Ninety-nine percent of the time, the problem can be resolved by emptying your browsers cache (or Temporary Internet Files), then shutting down all instances of your web browser, and trying again. In rare circumstances, a reboot may be required.

To empty your browser's cache using Microsoft Internet Explorer:
Click on Tools from your browser's main menu.
Select Internet Options
Under the General tab, click Delete Files... in the Temporary Internet files section.
Important: Shutdown all open instances of your web browser.

To empty your browser's cache using Netscape:
Click on Edit from your browser's main menu.
Select Preferences
Select and expand the Advanced category.
Click on Cache
Under Set Cache Options:
Click Clear Memory Cache
Click Clear Disk Cache
Click OK
Important: Shutdown all open instances of your web browser.

Big Sexy
14-04-2006, 07:23 PM

2a. When I attempt to open the Java™ applet, I see a blank gray box only.
My web browser reports a "bad magic number" error when loading SigmaChat, RaiderCSS, or ICE

2b. When I attempt to open the Java™ applet, I see a red checkbox only.

Try emptying your browser's cache first (see above). Remember to shut down all instances of your web browser after emptying the cache (temporary internet files). If this does not work, it is possible that you do not have Java™ installed. Please visit Sun's Free Java™ Download Site (http://www.java.com)to download and install Java. Java is the most powerful extension to web technology today, and no web browser is complete without it!

Big Sexy
14-04-2006, 07:25 PM

3. When I attempt to open the chat room, a message appears telling me to install software. What is wrong?

You need to install Java™ support (see above) On most computers, you can simply follow the on-screen directions to have Java™ installed for you automatically by your web browser. If this fails, we strongly encourage you to visit Sun's Free Java™ Download Site (http://www.java.com/) to download and install Java. Java is the most powerful extension to web technology today, and no web browser is complete without it!

Big Sexy
14-04-2006, 07:27 PM

4. My Macintosh computer is having various problems with SigmaChat.

SigmaChat is not supported on Macintosh OS 8.x and below systems. SigmaChat runs best on OS X when using MSIE, Netscape or Mozilla. When using OS 9 we recommend using MSIE only. Problems have been reported when using the Safari browser.

Big Sexy
14-04-2006, 07:28 PM

4. I connect to to the internet with AOL, but am unable to login to the Java™ applet.

Do not use the built-in AOL web browser. Instead, use the web browser (usually Microsoft Internet Explorer) that was included with your computer/operating system.

Big Sexy
14-04-2006, 07:30 PM

5. When I click "Login" nothing happens, or a message appears telling me that it cannot connect, or that I have been disconnected. What is wrong?

First, check to make sure that all of our chat servers are online. Check here (http://client.sigmachat.com/). If a server is offline, simply wait a few minutes. It is extremely rare that our chat servers go down, and we have automated systems in place to ensure they are back up and running within 10 minutes of going down. Secondly, and the most likely scenario, is that you are using a computer restricted by a firewall; see below:

Big Sexy
14-04-2006, 07:31 PM

6. I am using a computer behind a firewall, or in a work/education environment. How can I connect?

For SigmaChat, you, or your network administrator, will need to allow TCP access on ports 8000 through 8009 at client.sigmachat.com. On some LAN firewalls, you may simply set the security setting to "Low" while you wish to use our chat software.

For ICE and RaiderCSS, you, or your network administrator, will need to allow TCP access on ports 45000 through 45199 at css.raidersoft.com and ice.raidersoft.com (respectively). On some LAN firewalls, you may simply set the security setting to "Low" while you wish to use our chat software.

Big Sexy
14-04-2006, 07:35 PM

7. I have been banned from a chat room, and feel that I can behave myself now. Who should I contact to get un-banned?

You will need to contact the owner/administrator of the chat room. If you do not know who this is, try contacting the site's webmaster. RaiderSoft is unable to provide end-user assistance with this information.

8. I am still having problems. Who should I contact?

if you still dont know how to connect... then please "CONNECT" DNAT... You will need to contact the owner/administrator of the chat room.. and If you do not know who this is then you really deserve to be hanged :D.., try contacting the site's webmaster.

blackout
07-05-2006, 09:56 PM
tks for the write up .. .

Leegonggong
11-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Me too also say thank you.

angie II
22-05-2006, 03:56 PM
read liao.

Rainman61sg
24-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the info

BKK Kaki
09-06-2006, 07:57 PM
test tset test

magoo
20-06-2006, 04:46 PM
noted & 10Q

hosyino
23-06-2006, 09:38 PM
TQ senoir brother Big Sexy.

DingDangHead
28-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks and noted!

49ers
07-07-2006, 03:39 PM
TQ..TQ.. i would be keen to check it out.

Love Bird
08-07-2006, 02:10 AM
Its fun ! Thkx :p

Love Bird

Jariyna
08-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Thank you senoirs for the info.

sb1888
18-07-2006, 04:03 AM
wow!!!we can also chat here.....fantastic idea...cool mate!!!

iwalu
21-07-2006, 05:35 PM

3. When I attempt to open the chat room, a message appears telling me to install software. What is wrong?

You need to install Java™ support (see above) On most computers, you can simply follow the on-screen directions to have Java™ installed for you automatically by your web browser. If this fails, we strongly encourage you to visit Sun's Free Java™ Download Site (http://www.java.com/) to download and install Java. Java is the most powerful extension to web technology today, and no web browser is complete without it!

By installing java properly will solve most of the chat room problem. newbies pls read this thread for info. and get your problem fixed.

IWALU

Myself
28-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the info, see you in the chatroom soon ;)

Tempura
29-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Thank you senoir brother Big Sexy.

psyth
29-07-2006, 11:33 PM
thanks for the info. wonder if there is anyone in Shanghai on?

kisugi
02-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Thank you senoir bro big sexy.

Ak300
02-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Thank for the input, it makes ours life easy :)

russell wong
03-08-2006, 10:22 AM
Ya, bro. Agreed and thanks!

xuex
03-08-2006, 10:04 PM
wheres tt lovely room? i cant seem to find it :(

anyone noes ? :confused:

24xiolohkuan
05-08-2006, 03:34 AM
hi me too cant find it :(

Binjai Park
05-08-2006, 08:19 AM
tks, very much appreciated.

stolt
05-08-2006, 08:32 AM
thanks i may like to try someday.

kaneoka
05-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks maybe will try the chatroom later .

Zai Zai
06-08-2006, 10:46 AM
to have a chat room is cool!

gfspidy1
08-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Thks. A good way to communicate our common interest. lol

silverewyn
08-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Have read this thread though i am not into chat room. anyway, good to know my way around

sphritzer
12-08-2006, 06:54 PM
may try someday... so thanks!

WinBien
16-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Thank you for the guide to access the chatroom.

Life_Decider
17-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Thank you too, will access the chatroom when i have time :)

Dark_Ninja
20-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Thank you, now understand it.

Shadow_Avenger
20-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the info too :)

Knight_Ninja
20-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Thank you for the info.

Magnum 357
23-08-2006, 05:47 PM
tks, think i may try it sometime later.

penclllead
28-08-2006, 08:23 AM
thanks, understood.

ELO.
29-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Tks for having a chat room here, i think its cool.

s7evin
30-08-2006, 04:27 AM
thanks! i will behave myself! :)

Flying Snow
03-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Many thanks . Maybe later will try chat room.

Private_Eye
06-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the info on Chatroom :)

Devo
07-09-2006, 03:47 AM
its nice to have a chat room!

Decadence
11-09-2006, 01:56 AM
i think its wonderful to have a chatroom!

sirocca
17-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Many thanks for the guidance on how to use the chatroom.

boba fett
17-09-2006, 11:27 PM
thanks to the threadstarter for this useful guide, always nice to have a chatroom.

Regaine
20-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Thanks senoirs for the guide & information .

Almond
27-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Kudos to Ethanas for starting this thread.

Came to my attention that there have been alot of newbies who come into the chatroom lately to;

1) park
2) pm the gers with stupid qns like 'f/m?' / 'asl?' / 'fl?'
3) ask for contacts
4) ask for more contacts
5) and many other stupid things.

Please note that;

1) you are welcome to park anytime as long as you do not cause a nuisance of yourself
2) not every ger in the chatroom is an fl and the chatroom is not the IRC. So please do respect the ladies in the chatroom and refrain from asking stupid qns as mentioned above
3) please note that the way the forum operates is thru PM-ing of the threadstarter if you do see a thread that interests you enough. And also understand that the threadstarters are not obliged to give you the contacts just cause you asked (reasons for non-compliance of requests might be that you are a newbie without rep points, hence a lack of faith with entrusting the contacts with you, you were not specific or polite enough, etc...)
4) please note that the threadstarters are not logged in 24/7 solely to entertain your requests. Please be patient and do give your thanks in a way that you see fit ( post your thanks in the thread/ post an FR on the thread/ up the threadstarter's rep points, etc.....)
5) please note that the chatroom is not an information centre or a helpdesk. please refer to the newbie section if you have any doubts as most of what a newbie needs to noe have been posted here and created into stickies for your own benefits. please do not expected to be spoonfed like baby birds waiting for their parents to bring food into their mouths.The ppl who have painstakingly started this newbie section with advice on how to find your way about in here have done it with a purpose and not just for show. Please do make good use of their efforts.

If despite all the well-meaning advice given and you choose to heed otherwise, you might be given false contacts which at best might turn out to be an invalid number and which at worst might turn out to be numbers of the most terrible creature(s) who have been terrorising SBF bros here.

Take heed and make your stay in SBF as enjoyable as possible for both you and us.

Qi_Qi
02-10-2006, 09:16 PM
the chatroom is empty..

loveseed
11-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Got it. Will go in when free.

Wang Ye
03-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Allo Chat Room fans. Chat Room was down yesterday because Sam was updating the system (there is a new format now). Only registered members can log in and you need to log in SBF main first before you go into the Chatroom. Happy chatting and ...

NO ASKING FOR CONTACTS IN THE CHAT ROOM!

Ahh_Boi
03-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Allo Chat Room fans. Chat Room was down yesterday because Sam was updating the system (there is a new format now). Only registered members can log in and you need to log in SBF main first before you go into the Chatroom. Happy chatting and ...

NO ASKING FOR CONTACTS IN THE CHAT ROOM!WoW!! U become speaker for BOSS liao sia!!! Must Por ur lum pa liao lidat!! hehehe :D

ah rat
03-11-2006, 10:39 AM

Cannot access chat room leh! see blank page :mad:

steamer
03-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Cannot access chat room leh! see blank page :mad:

me too :mad:
it says class client not found; i dun hv this prob b4 y'day blackout..

linnaohia1
04-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Attention : Problem accessing chat site

For all users who cannot access the chat site after the recent upgrade.(2 November 2006)
For my case I see the following error codes.

An error has occured communicating with the server. Please reload the applet and try again.
You need to check that you have the latest version of
Java Runtime Environment (version 5.0 Update 9)

Option 1
If you are are on Windows OS go to http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_ie.jsp

Option 2
If you can see the Java teacup icon on your taskbar, right click on it and select <Open Control Panel>
The popup that appear will have a selection to update the software.

Anyway, it will autodetect the version you have and whether you need to update.

Next

After making sure you have the updated version. You need to remove all previous version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE)

Go to Control Panel, select Add/Remove Programs
Once in, scroll down and locate J2SE Runtime Environment, remove all versions except 5.0 Update 9.

Next

If you are using IE, open the browser,
Click <tools>, <Internet Options> and select Advance
On the screen scroll down and locate

Java(Sun)
You should see only one <Use JRE 1.5.0_09 ...>
Make sure this is ticked.

Just below Java(Sun) you will see Microsoft VM
There are three options below it, unticked all three

Thats it. Hope it works for you.:p
Please note you may need to restart your PC a few times. :eek:

steamer
06-11-2006, 09:35 AM
did all the above; still doesn't work for me..:confused:

linnaohia1
06-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Hi Steamer, you sure u only have Sun JRE 5.09, and Microsfot VM is not ticked???

steamer
06-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi Steamer, you sure u only have Sun JRE 5.09, and Microsfot VM is not ticked???

yup bro. cheers

big dick
27-12-2006, 01:31 AM
after i upgrade to IE 7.0.. i cant enter the chat room.. can someone kindly advise me? been 2 weeks liao...:( :mad:

dawn_dawn
02-04-2007, 08:52 PM
can anyone tell me what are the poinst for???:(

clan003
06-04-2007, 10:41 AM
testing testing

sammyboyfor
06-04-2007, 11:08 AM
after i upgrade to IE 7.0.. i cant enter the chat room.. can someone kindly advise me? been 2 weeks liao...:( :mad:

UPGRADE??? Are you kidding? Anything produced By MicroSHIT is a DOWNGRADE for sure.

Use a proper browser eg Firefox or Opera and you'll have no problems.

Cyber_God
21-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Fun !!! :D

Dear_Bebe
25-04-2007, 07:55 AM
hi,

thank for the information.. :D

Joanna
25-04-2007, 11:03 AM
I Need HELP.

I can't log into the chatroom when i am in office. I tried to log in but it prompt me the message "Error connecting to server. Please try again in a few minutes."
At first i thought it's my pc problem so i brought my own laptop to try and it prompt the same error message again. I got a feeling my IT guys block chat port.
Is there anyway to log in even if it's block? :(

block11
11-05-2007, 05:31 PM
I Need HELP.

I can't log into the chatroom when i am in office. I tried to log in but it prompt me the message "Error connecting to server. Please try again in a few minutes."
At first i thought it's my pc problem so i brought my own laptop to try and it prompt the same error message again. I got a feeling my IT guys block chat port.
Is there anyway to log in even if it's block? :(

i got the same message a few days ago... i just restarted my lappy and it was solved... not sure what is the cause :rolleyes:

BRAWNY
11-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Cool ! Thanks. :)

rolin8415
10-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Will try using the chat room. thanks

kakipanjang
19-07-2007, 05:20 PM
No one chat with me in the chat room :(

inc.
02-10-2007, 06:54 PM
okie, read and understood....will try later hopefully OC not back yet...

Happy2000
25-10-2007, 08:10 PM
I still can't access the chatroom, don't know what is wrong with my PC leh.

jbksphome
16-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Thank u for the information will try the chat room :)

Thank you :)

Dunhill_11
07-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Really loves the chat room, thanks. :D

koho
25-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Hello All Brother here, today I tested to create account in the chat room. but my cursor still to be Arrow after I move it to the "Create A New User Account" .. usually that cursor automatically will be hand finger. hope Boss sammy and all brother can give advice. thanks:D

cool_nich
31-05-2008, 11:24 PM
what we can do in chat room?

ticoboy
13-10-2008, 05:09 PM
hi big bro isit enter chat room talk..

phyrotechnic
16-10-2008, 02:17 AM
yes.. but if no body reply.. then no pt talking.. :p

jellyman
09-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Say HI to Who?

helium
12-02-2009, 04:25 PM
okie, understooded.
thanks for the pointers..:D

bogser
19-02-2009, 01:47 PM
hi newbies here just dropping by to say hi and interesting place with great ppl

walala
19-06-2009, 03:29 AM
aye aye got it! thank you for all the sharing!

new777
28-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the effort ... this help ...

Seville
06-10-2009, 01:17 AM
Thanks, this helps a lot.

Atrocious
20-12-2009, 01:04 PM

Do be friendly
Do be polite
Do join in the fun
Do have lots of fun

Don't piss the mods off
Don't fight in the channel its real time so real time flaming will mess up the forums.

-Ethanas

Just reposting this for the benefit of bros who prefer to start reading from the last page onwards.

Just to add on:

DO treat the ladies chatting in the chatroom with respect.

DO NOT solicit for business in the chatroom if you're a FL.

and PLEASE read the newbie sections and stickies like this before asking any noob questions in the chatroom. it is extremely irritating to repeat basic information over and over again everyday.

And finally, like what bro ethanas said... DO have lots of fun.

Cheers!!!
Atro

world-killer1
23-12-2009, 07:31 PM
finding big boob at least d-cup any one? pm e no to me thank u

luffy21
30-01-2010, 01:14 AM
read.the.tips.....thx.guys

pandaguy
23-03-2010, 08:31 PM
thanks for the tips bro. :D

jamessdude
19-04-2011, 02:34 PM
many thanz bro!!
It sure is helpful!!

vins
30-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi, thanks for the info. Will go have a chat over there!

Sandunes
26-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Boss, recently got spamming atk on chatroom, by yingming and now Wujit..

Please assist.

thanks.

sammyboyfor
16-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Please update this sticky on the new Administrator and User statuses? Some of us are still quite confused as to the new powers that some of us are granted.

I'm confused too. :p

Just try things out and you'll soon figure out what new features are available.

Wujit
16-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Please update this sticky on the new Administrator and User statuses? Some of us are still quite confused as to the new powers that some of us are granted.

Updare your chee bye kia no balls kiddo faggot. :D :D :D

Wujit
16-01-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm confused too. :p

Just try things out and you'll soon figure out what new features are available.

You're not confused but a dumb naive useless old faggot prick. :D :D :D

Wujit
16-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Boss, recently got spamming atk on chatroom, by yingming and now Wujit..

Please assist.

thanks.

Spam your mother smelly chao chee bye old pussy lah whahahahaha :D :D :D

Wujit
16-01-2012, 04:50 PM

Update your chee bye kia fuck your mother smelly pussy chao chee bye no balls kiddo faggot. :D :D :D

Wujit
16-01-2012, 04:56 PM
sammyboyfor this fucking old faggot aka sissy nerd is here. I'll destroy this forum at all costs. Lan lan right. What can you do to me?????? :D :D :D

Wujit
16-01-2012, 05:49 PM
DeusEXMJ, Update your chee bye kia fuck your mother smelly pussy chao chee bye no balls kiddo faggot.

Wujit
16-01-2012, 06:08 PM
DeusEXMJ, you are such a pathetic loser no wonder redviolet dumped you and left with another guy and fucked another guy behind your back and gring you green cap. :D :D :D

Wujit
17-01-2012, 02:00 PM
DeusEXMJ, you are such a pathetic loser no wonder redviolet dumped you and left with another guy and fucked another guy behind your back and bring you green cap. :D :D :D

noobie99
26-06-2012, 08:41 PM
thanks for the tips

Big Sexy
22-08-2012, 04:03 PM
--------Notice---------------

hi all..

for those of you who aint aware...
the chatroom now work fine with java 7 updated 5..(tested0 .;)
there was an unknown issue with Java 7 earlier.

Big Sexy
27-08-2012, 08:42 AM
--------Notice---------------

if your nick consist of special characters. e.g < >+*
you will have problem accessing the chatroom..
the easiest and fastest solution will be to create another nick for chatting purposes.

PPGirl
06-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Having problem accessing chatroom via handphone today.
Have no issue with this for the past few months.

PPGirl
06-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Can access already..

geylangboy88
08-07-2013, 06:48 PM
i am new here so thanks for the information.

24geylangsiao
15-07-2013, 12:35 PM
why i cannot see my post?

sammyboyfor
15-07-2013, 12:45 PM

I can see your posts.

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?p=9332411&highlight=#post9332411

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?p=9324661&highlight=#post9324661

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?p=9316371&highlight=#post9316371

You wanna borrow my spectacles?

Big Sexy
15-07-2013, 01:16 PM
you can view all your post by clicking on your nick and select "view all post ",
however do note that you are under moderation and your post will not appear immediately.

tingtongboy18
15-07-2013, 04:25 PM
hello am new here.

KrimPies78
21-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Big Hello to all the respected Seniors here...I'm not really a new babies.....but i just have one questions...HOW CAN I BE ABLE TO POST 'Photos' in my thread and will be made available to other members to view them?...Thanks Big Bros...

Johnbass
29-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi Boss,
I like to commend on your chat admin - BikinisLover...
- he really takes his work very seriously (no sense of humor)
- everytime follow behind my ass into chatroom (sorry if it sounds sibei gay)
- everytime chat me up inside chatroom (until I gotnotime to sian charbor)
- everytime bring up old stories about me (he's a nostalgic guy?)

Tiagong he is Lao Jiao since Dec 2005... But dunno why only 16 points and no power.

X'mas is round the corner, pls give him a raise/bonus.

Yours Sincerely,
John

:D

PPGirl
29-11-2013, 01:18 PM
I think chat admin do their work voluntary? got salary meh? lolz

BL no sense of humour..i think cos u dunno him well bah haha
I think if boss is happy even negative pt member also can be temp. admin (correct me if im wrong)
Does not mean no power cant be chat admin lolz

JB.. u sound like uncle agony haha
If he chat u up, do u knoe there is a "ignore'.. Choose that option n u wont see what he type.
1 thing i need to tell u ..maybe u din realise it..y ppl in chatrm seems to dislike u?

reflect on urself on what u do to make pple dislike u :D
P.S. its not ez to be an admin

xuanz
29-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Hi Boss,
I like to commend on your chat admin - BikinisLover...
- he really takes his work very seriously (no sense of humor)
- everytime follow behind my ass into chatroom (sorry if it sounds sibei gay)
- everytime chat me up inside chatroom (until I gotnotime to sian charbor)
- everytime bring up old stories about me (he's a nostalgic guy?)

Tiagong he is Lao Jiao since Dec 2005... But dunno why only 16 points and no power.

X'mas is round the corner, pls give him a raise/bonus.

Yours Sincerely,
John

You like to kpkb in the forum, but act like one pussy in the chatroom. Sometimes I don't know what you want leh.

Johnbass
29-11-2013, 01:38 PM
You like to kpkb in the forum, but act like one pussy in the chatroom. Sometimes I don't know what you want leh.

He likes to play the 'silenced by admin' game... That's y I cannot kbkp in chatroom mah.

Johnbass
29-11-2013, 01:43 PM
I think chat admin do their work voluntary? got salary meh? lolz

BL no sense of humour..i think cos u dunno him well bah haha
I think if boss is happy even negative pt member also can be temp. admin (correct me if im wrong)
Does not mean no power cant be chat admin lolz

JB.. u sound like uncle agony haha
If he chat u up, do u knoe there is a "ignore'.. Choose that option n u wont see what he type.
1 thing i need to tell u ..maybe u din realise it..y ppl in chatrm seems to dislike u?

reflect on urself on what u do to make pple dislike u :D
P.S. its not ez to be an admin

I already behave myself liao hor... Make chat admin's work very easy...
Even xuanz say I chat like a pussy now....
U all very hard to please sia...

xuanz
29-11-2013, 02:14 PM
when everyone is there live. you don't dare to kpkb. come here kpkb. No balls leh bro. before BL silence you, you got plenty of time to kpkb but you did nothing and just wait to get kicked.

To be honest, this hole you dig yourself and now you're still the one digging and filling it up and digging again. Want to complain, go chatroom complain. Dont pussy here then go chatroom say another stories.

Johnbass
29-11-2013, 02:30 PM
when everyone is there live. you don't dare to kpkb. come here kpkb. No balls leh bro. before BL silence you, you got plenty of time to kpkb but you did nothing and just wait to get kicked.

To be honest, this hole you dig yourself and now you're still the one digging and filling it up and digging again. Want to complain, go chatroom complain. Dont pussy here then go chatroom say another stories.

I already said my peace liao... Case closed for me.
Apparently not for BL and some.
So y u so defensive for BL?

PPGirl
29-11-2013, 02:33 PM
I already behave myself liao hor... Make chat admin's work very easy...
Even xuanz say I chat like a pussy now....
U all very hard to please sia...

I think urself is the one hard to please :D
the sian charbor issue oredi over but y would u still want to create more prob for chatrm.. complain this n that.. Somehow u give me that yaya attitude

chatrm is for all to use n not only for U urself. some others might be unhappy abt it too but no one has ever complained but congrats!! ..u have taken 1st step to complain abt admin lolz

anyway "humble" is the word which i think u need to learn
If u were to say case close.. i dun think there is a need to complain in d 1st place cheers!

Johnbass
29-11-2013, 02:49 PM
PPGirl... You've already judged my Internet persona... I don't need to say more to convince you otherwise.

Have a nice day!

xuanz
29-11-2013, 02:54 PM
If u were to say case close.. i dun think there is a need to complain in d 1st place cheers!

i couldn't agree more. like he was the one saying case close, but still the one crying in the forum.

PPGirl
29-11-2013, 03:10 PM
PPGirl... You've already judged my Internet persona... I don't need to say more to convince you otherwise.

Have a nice day!

Nah im not here to judge anyone.
Y i say u have d yaya attitude..i think u urself knw what u have type n think i dun have to quote any of ur yaya posts in here right?
I also dunno what kind of person r u n i dunno u at all till u started d sian charbor thread cos i hardly in d chatrm.
Even after the thread i also dunno who r u.. but it doesnt matter.
U dun need to convince me cos there is no need to :D

P.S. very long time i no csi liao.. u want to be guinea pig :p

2wire
30-11-2013, 02:41 AM
I already said my peace liao... Case closed for me.
Apparently not for BL and some.
So y u so defensive for BL?

Sure case closed not?

If you don't let go of this saga, you will never find your peace within 47627643 metres of the chatroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHue-HaXXzg

sassysunshine
30-11-2013, 02:48 AM
I think you're the one who can't let go, John. Never really see you talk shyt in the CR.
But in the forum, woahhhhh you're totally playing the victim card.

Johnbass, one advice~ just never come back to the chatroom and peace will prevail.
Good news is, You still can chee hong somewhere else~

Good news for us all even if you still decide to come back to the CR, onz you. Kena CSI-ed out don't cry mother cry father ah!

PEACE~

Johnbass
30-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Wah so serious... I still thought you are 善男信女... No wonder all looking at my profile.
:eek::eek::eek:

Johnbass
30-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Ok lah... I dedicate this song to CR
http://www.youtube.com.sg/watch?v=Nl9WMIPzd6w

Johnbass
05-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Tiagong CR tio fixed?! :eek:
Just kidding lah...

Big Sexy
05-12-2013, 12:49 PM
hi all

chat room has been fixed. It's up and running again. Sorry for the breakdown. Normal service has now resumed.;)

hardpoke
09-12-2013, 01:13 AM
so, chat admin natsuki, can you finally tell me how did i offend you in the CR that you had to silent me from chatting in the main?

"ji ki, neng ki, sa ki, natsuki~" - i was just trying to greet you when you suddenly began to talk in the CR.. yes it wasn't really a formal kind of greeting, it could even be seen as lame, but how is it even offensive or insulting?

i had the courtesy to pm you to explain, and you simply closed my pm, pasted my explanation in the main where i was silenced and could not make my defence to whatever shyt you replied there.. come on, if this is how administration for the chatroom is carried out, might as well don't have a chatroom..

Johnbass
09-12-2013, 09:19 AM
so, chat admin natsuki, can you finally tell me how did i offend you in the CR that you had to silent me from chatting in the main?

"ji ki, neng ki, sa ki, natsuki~" - i was just trying to greet you when you suddenly began to talk in the CR.. yes it wasn't really a formal kind of greeting, it could even be seen as lame, but how is it even offensive or insulting?

i had the courtesy to pm you to explain, and you simply closed my pm, pasted my explanation in the main where i was silenced and could not make my defence to whatever shyt you replied there.. come on, if this is how administration for the chatroom is carried out, might as well don't have a chatroom..

I feel u bro...
:(

xuanz
09-12-2013, 09:24 AM

if this is true, she very petty. lol.

@Johnbass, don't say I side with admin. Lol

Johnbass
09-12-2013, 10:16 AM

Lol... Also dun say I stir shit hor.

hardpoke
09-12-2013, 01:44 PM

i dunno man.. i was just breaking the riot news in the chatroom to whoever were chatting, then suddenly she began talking also.. so i just did a greeting (word for word as stated above) and went off to find more updates regarding the riot.. when i came back to the chatroom screen, i saw a notice that i was silenced by her.. she was talking with the rest, saying how i dunno her and yet i insulted her.. like how did i insulted her? :confused:

she still got the cheek to say she was kind enough to not kick me out.. what can i say when i was already silenced from replying in the main? people admin want to abuse power, i lan lan lor..

hardpoke
09-12-2013, 01:46 PM
I feel u bro...
thanks man.. though i dun really know what your case was about.. :D

xuanz
10-12-2013, 01:52 AM
i dunno man.. i was just breaking the riot news in the chatroom to whoever were chatting, then suddenly she began talking also.. so i just did a greeting (word for word as stated above) and went off to find more updates regarding the riot.. when i came back to the chatroom screen, i saw a notice that i was silenced by her.. she was talking with the rest, saying how i dunno her and yet i insulted her.. like how did i insulted her? :confused:

she still got the cheek to say she was kind enough to not kick me out.. what can i say when i was already silenced from replying in the main? people admin want to abuse power, i lan lan lor..

lol she petty like fuck then.

addictionisme
10-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Nice thanks alot for the help ! :)

Bunnybabe
10-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the info! ;)

lonelyinsea
16-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Can't post to chat?

Big Sexy
16-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Notice

Hi all..there seems to be a unknown problem with the chatroom. If you are not able to login, please use other web browser for the time being until our tech guy install the latest version of the addon chat... hopefully that will solve the problem.

we have tested and found that IE and opera (http://www.opera.com/)works well with this version.

regards ;)

amaranth
14-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Hi All,
I'm newbies. glad to join you all.
:)

skywalkerz
18-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the lengthy but really detailed info TS!

wuming92
07-09-2014, 11:43 PM
thank for the detail guide, took me quite some time to read through but is good

seabass
20-09-2014, 04:54 AM
Can't access

PPGirl
20-09-2014, 07:55 AM
Can't access

I can leh. Using android hp

solarflare
20-09-2014, 11:00 AM
I cant access too.. both android hp and com.

Johnbass
20-09-2014, 11:39 AM
I also cannot access. I am on IOS.
Apple FTW!

solarflare
20-09-2014, 11:56 AM
I can leh. Using android hp

ppgirl u using note?

PPGirl
20-09-2014, 02:33 PM
ppgirl u using note?

Yup note 3

sammyboyfor
20-09-2014, 02:46 PM
I also cannot access. I am on IOS.
Apple FTW!

Works fine with iOS8. I just tested it.

Rocode
24-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Thanks For The Guide!

watssuppII
25-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Works fine with iOS8. I just tested it.

Boss mine IOS8 got problem logging into chatroom.keep on showing connecting! :(

sammyboyfor
25-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Boss mine IOS8 got problem logging into chatroom.keep on showing connecting! :(

What rev are you on?

http://mashable.com/2014/09/24/apple-ios-8-update-broken/

puffysong
02-12-2014, 03:49 AM

Do be friendly
Do be polite
Do join in the fun
Do have lots of fun

Don't piss the mods off

-Ethanas

I had not read this thread before.... but i think now is a good time to remind all of chatters the Do & Don't

puffysong
02-12-2014, 03:51 AM
Kudos to Ethanas for starting this thread.

Came to my attention that there have been alot of newbies who come into the chatroom lately to;

1) park
2) pm the gers with stupid qns like 'f/m?' / 'asl?' / 'fl?'
3) ask for contacts
4) ask for more contacts
5) and many other stupid things.

Please note that;

1) you are welcome to park anytime as long as you do not cause a nuisance of yourself
2) not every ger in the chatroom is an fl and the chatroom is not the IRC. So please do respect the ladies in the chatroom and refrain from asking stupid qns as mentioned above
3) please note that the way the forum operates is thru PM-ing of the threadstarter if you do see a thread that interests you enough. And also understand that the threadstarters are not obliged to give you the contacts just cause you asked (reasons for non-compliance of requests might be that you are a newbie without rep points, hence a lack of faith with entrusting the contacts with you, you were not specific or polite enough, etc...)
4) please note that the threadstarters are not logged in 24/7 solely to entertain your requests. Please be patient and do give your thanks in a way that you see fit ( post your thanks in the thread/ post an FR on the thread/ up the threadstarter's rep points, etc.....)
5) please note that the chatroom is not an information centre or a helpdesk. please refer to the newbie section if you have any doubts as most of what a newbie needs to noe have been posted here and created into stickies for your own benefits. please do not expected to be spoonfed like baby birds waiting for their parents to bring food into their mouths.The ppl who have painstakingly started this newbie section with advice on how to find your way about in here have done it with a purpose and not just for show. Please do make good use of their efforts.

If despite all the well-meaning advice given and you choose to heed otherwise, you might be given false contacts which at best might turn out to be an invalid number and which at worst might turn out to be numbers of the most terrible creature(s) who have been terrorising SBF bros here.

Take heed and make your stay in SBF as enjoyable as possible for both you and us.

These is also something good for all to know

Johnbass
03-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Tiagong u have to do this if your Java doesn't run in Google Chrome...
SIC!
We have detected you are using Google Chrome and might be unable to use the Java plugin from this browser. Starting with Version 42 (released April 2015), Chrome has disabled the standard way in which browsers support plugins. More info (http://java.com/en/download/faq/chrome.xml)

stk6261
05-05-2015, 04:50 PM
hi , im newbie ,nice to meet you all guy。:cool:

Speculator
19-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Can't rply

Big Sexy
19-05-2015, 12:01 PM
get out of moderation and try using another browser Can't rply

sammyboyfor
19-05-2015, 12:22 PM
get out of moderation and try using another browser

Moderated members cannot chat. They have to get out of moderation first.

Johnbass
19-05-2015, 01:48 PM
Moderated members can still chat via PM.
Don't say I never SIC...

iDog69
19-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Dogs not welcome.

Big Sexy
25-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Hi Samsters

if you have problem accessing the chatroom via google chrome 42 or higher

please do the following.

1. In the address bar at the top of the screen, type chrome://flags/#enable-npapi

2. In the window that opens, click the link that says Enable under the Enable NPAPI flag

3. In the bottom left corner of the page, click the Relaunch Now button.

for more info.. please refer to this link
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033

---------------------------

LeeHsienLoong
19-09-2015, 01:20 AM
Hello Admin.
I'm having issues logging into the chat room.
Upon logging into the forum, I click on the chat room icon on the top right but was told log in to use the chat room. :confused:
Would appreciate some assistance.

puffysong
19-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Hello Admin.
Upon logging into the forum, I click on the chat room icon on the top right but was told log in to use the chat room. :confused:

All seems okay to me & I could greatly see the differences between the new & the old. More Emoji added as some of us would liked:)
But the ability to create more sub rooms doesn't seem useful, as our chatter group size isn't that HUGE.
Currently rooms created by anyone that wants to try out r left empty & hanging...

block11
19-09-2015, 08:20 PM
Hello Admin.

i'm facing the same issue and this is probably due to the URL. the chatroom URL does not contain "www". just login on the same page and click on the chatroom again ;)

All seems okay to me & I could greatly see the differences between the new & the old. More Emoji added as some of us would liked:)
But the ability to create more sub rooms doesn't seem useful, as our chatter group size isn't that HUGE.
Currently rooms created by anyone that wants to try out r left empty & hanging...

this new chatroom has potential but some issues too. definitely more features and better compatibility with most browsers... the chat area does not auto resize or centre itself... maybe boss can play around with the settings to improve this :D

Big Sexy
19-09-2015, 09:06 PM
which browser are u using mate? i am using firefox and the chatbox is in the middle, cannot resize it though.

[QUOTE=block11;13598777

this new chatroom has potential but some issues too. definitely more features and better compatibility with most browsers... the chat area does not auto resize or centre itself... maybe boss can play around with the settings to improve this :D[/QUOTE]

block11
19-09-2015, 09:54 PM
which browser are u using mate? i am using firefox and the chatbox is in the middle, cannot resize it though.

that was a feedback from a mobile (android) user... i'm using chrome and its the same result as firefox :p

LeeHsienLoong
19-09-2015, 10:59 PM
i'm facing the same issue and this is probably due to the URL. the chatroom URL does not contain "www". just login on the same page and click on the chatroom again ;)

I am able to log in.
As you mentioned, the chat room is in the centre of the screen and too small.
Maybe this feature could be looked at?
Thank you.

sammyboyfor
20-09-2015, 07:42 AM
There is a lot of work that needs to be done with the chat room

It's an entirely new package and I need to cater to mobile users so there is another module to purchase.

Hang in there.

Big Sexy
20-09-2015, 07:46 AM
looking forward to the enhancement
thanks for the new chatroom sam. ;)

There is a lot of work that needs to be done with the chat room

It's an entirely new package and I need to cater to mobile users so there is another module to purchase.

Hang in there.

Big Sexy
03-10-2015, 12:00 PM
Dear Samsters.. there is a now new way to chat.
you can chat the OKT directly or clarify things instantly with another samster.
try it, it is real time and it is real cool :cool:
But please do not abuse the system or make a nuisance of yourself. ;)

Step 1. to start chatting, just go to the nick you want to chat and click on the " chat with me" button below the nick

Step 2. A chat window will appear. Type your message. If the user is online, he will receive the message instantly, if the user is offline , he will get the message when he is login.
Note. A black dot beside the nick indicate that the user is offline or not available now.
A green dot besides the nick indicate that the user is online.

other things to know

Baigonggong
03-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Ah Gong tried but there is no pop up chat for me . :(

Big Sexy
03-10-2015, 01:10 PM
are u on mobile or PC?

Ah Gong tried but there is no pop up chat for me . :(

Baigonggong
03-10-2015, 01:45 PM
are u on mobile or PC?

Ah Gong using laptop and my browser is Internet Explorer.

Big Sexy
03-10-2015, 01:48 PM
what happen when you click on the "chat with me" button? is there any error message?

BlueFinTuna
03-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Ah Gong don't use 486 Pentium machine. Ask your grand Dautter for help. She will walk u Thro the steps. Remember to take your hypertensive medicine.

Baigonggong
03-10-2015, 03:28 PM
what happen when you click on the "chat with me" button? is there any error message?

No response at all. I am assessing it via the nz url. Other functions on this board working fine. AH Gong getting very bored at Old Age Home always face the same Ah Soh and missy everyday . Some more got haze have to wear mask . Very difficult to use mouth to talk to . See this new function at SBF very good idea. Ah Gong can make more new friends .

Big Sexy
03-10-2015, 08:09 PM
weird .. i have no problem accessing it via the nz url.
anyway, will inform our tech dept..

people, if there is any more feedback, please post here. ... thanks ;)

No response at all. I am assessing it via the nz url. Other functions on this board working fine. AH Gong getting very bored at Old Age Home always face the same Ah Soh and missy everyday . Some more got haze have to wear mask . Very difficult to use mouth to talk to . See this new function at SBF very good idea. Ah Gong can make more new friends .

Big Sexy
04-10-2015, 07:15 AM
hi rickey

"the chat with me" is a private chatroom and is between you and the other user. Others will not be able to view your conversation.

there is a clear conversation icon at the top of the chat window, you can use it to clear the message if you want.

Hey bro big sexy,

Just realised the new chatroom format has changed again !...seems like when i click on the icon of a particular samster tat i chatted with, it appears straight away :eek:...does it mean tat other samster doing likewise can see our chat conversation :eek: ???...how to get the chat deleted ??...Pls advise urgently !

Big Sexy
04-10-2015, 08:53 AM
we test it on edge and didnt get the problem u encountered....can u try using other browser and let us know if it work... thanks

Johnbass
04-10-2015, 10:47 AM

Same as me...
After I clicked on chiobu nick (online) to chat, no response at all.
I use Chrome and Safari...
So not my fault lah...
The chatroom works though... But all same KKJs nia...

Big Sexy
04-10-2015, 10:50 AM
which url did u use?
can u click on the "chat with me" button under my nick..
let me know what happen next.. thanks

Same as me...
So not my fault lah...

sammyboyfor
04-10-2015, 10:56 AM
which url did u use?

If there is no response, it means that the person you initiated chat with is

1. Too shy to talk
2. Away from computer
3. Off line
4. Too technophobic to figure out what to do.
5. Not on speaking terms with you.

Big Sexy
04-10-2015, 11:05 AM
sam...i am not sure if he mean no response from the user or no response after clicking on the chat on me button like that the other user experienced.. lets wait for him to clarify.. ;)

If there is no response, it means that the person you initiated chat with is

1. Too shy to talk
2. Away from computer
3. Off line
4. To technophobic to figure out what to do.
5. Not on speaking terms with you.

Johnbass
04-10-2015, 11:14 AM
which url did u use?

I using the NZ link.
After clicked on your "chat with me" button...
Shows your chatbox for 1 sec... Not enough time to read or reply...
Then jumped to sammyboy chatroom...
Using safari now...

Johnbass
04-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Tiagong the chatbox works now!
Just need to find chiobus for testing...

Big Sexy
04-10-2015, 11:30 AM
go get them here

maybe we can then get sam to add a live stream for the chat with the chiobu. ;)

Tiagong the chatbox works now!
Just need to find chiobus for testing...

Baigonggong
04-10-2015, 12:53 PM
we test it on edge and didnt get the problem u encountered....can u try using other browser and let us know if it work... thanks

Thanks for your effort and suggestion . Ah Gong will try and see which browser is suitable for my laptop configuration. Today the air is slightly better . Some of the missy off day today .

Baigonggong
04-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Same as me...
So not my fault lah...

They see your nick they all siam far far away from you . :eek: :p

Big Sexy
04-10-2015, 01:08 PM
let us know the outcome.. thanks ;)

Thanks for your effort and suggestion . Ah Gong will try and see which browser is suitable for my laptop configuration. Today the air is slightly better . Some of the missy off day today .

Big Sexy
11-10-2015, 08:47 AM
Hi all, you can now access the Comet chatroom via the cometchat app
(works for android and IOS) , here is how to do it..

Step 1. Download and install the app (cometchat)

Step 2. open up the app and enter the URL https://www.sammyboyforum.com

Step 3. Enter your username and password

Step 4. This is how chatroom interface look like
a) Use the search button to search for a user, if the user is online, you will be able to find him/her, otherwise it mean the user isnt online. Once you find him/her, click on the nick and start chatting.

b) Click on the chatroom icon to select the chatroom you want to enter

Step 5. To log out
Go to the chatroom option and select logout. You can also set your status here.

FredSolo
13-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Hi, how do you disable the notification that shows a user is online? It keeps poping up every few seconds and it gets really annoying as I can't read posts properly.

sammyboyfor
13-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Hi, how do you disable the notification that shows a user is online? It keeps poping up every few seconds and it gets really annoying as I can't read posts properly.

Go to "Chat options" and tick on "disable popup notifications".

You can also disable the whole bar by clicking on the ▼ icon at the right end of the chat bar.

Big Sexy
13-10-2015, 05:04 PM
check this post, you will find the answer there
https://sammyboyforum.com/showpost.php?p=13648464&postcount=1633

Big Sexy
13-10-2015, 06:14 PM
How to Block user in comet chat

You can now block user you do not want to chat with in the comet chat tab at the bottom of the page. Here is how you do it.

Step 1. Goto the chat tab and click on the the chat now tab, this will open up the list of people you can chat with.

Step 2. Click on the user, you would like to block.

Step 3. click the block icon and confirm the block

Step 4. To unblock a user. Go to the chat option and click on the managed block user link

Step 5. At the new managed block user popup window, select the user you wish to unblock and then click on unblock user.

FredSolo
14-10-2015, 02:04 AM
Go to "Chat options" and tick on "disable popup notifications".

You can also disable the whole bar by clicking on the ▼ icon at the right end of the chat bar.

check this post, you will find the answer there
https://sammyboyforum.com/showpost.php?p=13648464&postcount=1633

uhm the problem is I can't see the chat box on my desktop, the notifications just pop up so I can't click on any arrow (see pic)

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/375x667q90/910/t7lMVg.jpg

sammyboyfor
14-10-2015, 03:12 AM
uhm the problem is I can't see the chat box on my desktop, the notifications just pop up so I can't click on any arrow (see pic)

I'm very puzzled as to why you cannot see the chat bar. Which windows version are you on?

I'll look to changing the base configuration so that the pop up is disabled by default and enabled only for those who want it. Right now it is the other way round.

Big Sexy
17-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Members can now send a file of any type via the comet chat.
Note: you can only sent to one member at a time.

Step 1. While in the chat window, click on the send a file button

Step 2. Select the file you want to send and wait for the file to be send. You will get a notice once the transfer is completed.
Note : bigger file size will take longer time.

Johnbass
11-11-2015, 10:38 PM
Still cannot see which chiobus send me chat msg leh...
Chat notification disappears after clicking...
End up still have to use PM...
Where got shiok?

Big Sexy
12-11-2015, 07:10 AM
what browser and version are you using ?

try the following...
1.make sure your status is set to available
2. pop up notification is enabled
3. go to managed blocker user option and make sure the users are not blocked.
4. your browser is not set to auto refresh

Still cannot see which chiobus send me chat msg leh...
Chat notification disappears after clicking...
End up still have to use PM...
Where got shiok?

BlickBassy
12-11-2015, 12:23 PM

try the following...

I wish we have an auto Johnbass delete button. All the chiobus have left the chat room since the day he came to the CR.

Johnbass
13-11-2015, 09:03 PM

try the following...

Still the same...
My Safari has blocked pop-ups enabled and will auto refresh...
Don't think I want to mess with my browser settings...
Next better player...

Big Sexy
13-11-2015, 09:50 PM
if u are not going to tweak your browser settings or use another browser then there is nothing much anyone can do.

next question.

Still the same...
My Safari has blocked pop-ups enabled and will auto refresh...
Don't think I want to mess with my browser settings...
Next better player...

Samgexie
13-12-2015, 01:03 PM
Chat I useful as I can get instant reply for thread

Big Sexy
13-12-2015, 01:06 PM
that was the reason why sam installed the chat addon ;)

Chat I useful as I can get instant reply for thread

bigbangwolf
08-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Can I ask how to delete conversation from private chats?

It seems that pictures and conversations are in the history no matter how many times I click on the clear the conversation button

sammyboyfor
08-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Can I ask how to delete conversation from private chats?

It seems that pictures and conversations are in the history no matter how many times I click on the clear the conversation button

You can clear the conversation from the window but it is only purged from the history when the cron runs to update the database.

Is there some content that needs deleting? If there is I can do it from the database.

bigbangwolf
08-09-2016, 04:25 PM
chat with some ladies through private messaging but they told me they not willing to send their pics through the new chat app as there is no delete function to remove any trace.

in the end still need to exchange and use wechat to communicate further.

I think the new chat function is great but in case sbf account gets hacked, lots of information may get leaked...

so how often does the cron job runs to update the database? So after updating the database, the chat history is removed including pictures sent?

sammyboyfor
08-09-2016, 04:54 PM
chat with some ladies through private messaging but they told me they not willing to send their pics through the new chat app as there is no delete function to remove any trace.

in the end still need to exchange and use wechat to communicate further.

I think the new chat function is great but in case sbf account gets hacked, lots of information may get leaked...

so how often does the cron job runs to update the database? So after updating the database, the chat history is removed including pictures sent?

I set it to purge every 48 hours. Hundreds of images are exchanged daily and there is no way the server can save all of them. The old ones are constantly purged to make way for new images.

Exchanging via wechat is no safer as the recipient can easily post the images in a public forum and share them with the whole world.

My advice to everyone is that if they want to have zero risk of an image ending up in public they should print it out and delete all copies from their own devices. As long as it is stored electronically the risk is there.

naturally
10-05-2017, 07:47 PM
thk for all info post

block11
07-07-2017, 12:20 PM
update from boss ;)

A new chat room is on the way along with a new Telegram Group where files and info can be exchange very securely.

Download and install Telegram NOW

https://telegram.org/

Once you have downloaded and installed Telegram on your favourite platform (mobile and/or desktop) message me at telegram username @sammyboyfor and I'll add you to the group chat.

About Telegram Privacy :

https://telegram.org/faq#q-what-are-your-thoughts-on-internet-privacy

Q: What are your thoughts on internet privacy?

Big internet companies like Facebook or Google have effectively hijacked the privacy discourse in the recent years. Their marketers managed to convince the public that the most important things about privacy are superficial tools that allow hiding your public posts or your profile pictures from the people around you. Adding these superficial tools enables companies to calm down the public and change nothing in how they are turning over private data to marketers and other third parties.

At Telegram we think that the two most important components of Internet privacy should be instead:

Protecting your private conversations from snooping third parties, such as officials, employers, etc.

Protecting your personal data from third parties, such as marketers, advertisers, etc.

This is what everybody should care about, and these are some of our top priorities. Telegram's aim is to create a truly free messenger, without the usual caveats. This means that instead of diverting public attention with low-impact settings, we can afford to focus on the real privacy issues that exist in the modern world.

Johnbass
01-08-2018, 04:43 PM
Tiagong got new Telegram chatroom...
SIC leh...
My CHIOBU friend says miss me there...
But she dunno how to send invite link...

Jeweldene
18-07-2019, 09:04 PM
Hi all, admins n everyone that has posted to help out,

Thanks for the taking the time to get the guidelines for chat room etiquette (aka do's n don't's) writen n on stickies.
It's been a great help to all newbies everywhere on these forums like me.

Cheers!

Cof69
16-12-2019, 01:07 PM
Newbie here, thanks boss and bros for all the info!

Clumsy0
01-01-2020, 01:03 PM
Thank you bro for the information

LemonChicken
22-02-2022, 06:02 PM
why cant comment on post?

Eggfriedrice
17-05-2022, 04:26 PM
Thank you. Good info