PDA

View Full Version : Superstar Final

BenQ
01-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Just wan to know any brothers n sister vote in the show,now is the final who are u supporting tonite Is it Air stewardess[Poon Kar Lai Kelly] or Mang xia[Chen Weilian] :p

Eternity_Gal
01-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Me support Wei Lian.. heh! His vocal really strong de.. hehe..

send S1 lo.. hehe!

daryl76
01-09-2005, 09:09 PM
i do think i sing pretty well too... can someone support me??? :D

BenQ
01-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Me support Wei Lian.. heh! His vocal really strong de.. hehe..

send S1 lo.. hehe!

Though i support Kelly but i got this feeling tat weilian will be the winner :D

nicodemuz
01-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Wah lau...I prefer the other two losing finalists leh...
one more yandao and the other is little more cutey... :p

BenQ
01-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Wah lau...I prefer the other two losing finalists leh...
one more yandao and the other is little more cutey... :p

Yah i also prefer the 2 losing superstars cos in term of face n voice junyang is better than weilian but for xinhui in term of lok she lose out to kelly but in term of vocie she is getting better n better i feel she is better than kelly now :D Hope kelly supporters dont zap me hehe

fun4evergood
01-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Think Kelly will win lah (she is so cute)......watching 4th round now... :p

nicodemuz
01-09-2005, 09:38 PM

hmmm...point to ponder... junyang was hot favourite at that time but in the end... :rolleyes:

BenQ
01-09-2005, 09:40 PM

Yo brother did u call to vote for yr kelly hehe :D

BenQ
01-09-2005, 09:42 PM
hmmm...point to ponder... junyang was hot favourite at that time but in the end... :rolleyes:

Haha think He(Junyang) was still wondering bout this question also at tat point of time cos i think he himself dont know he will lose.But once again 70% of the winning points comes from the supporters n WeiLian has got the "Ren qi" but not the "Si Li" :p

BenQ
01-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Come on we have so many brothers n sisters here only few of us watch meh.i dont believe,Hope to see more ppl come in n vote n voice out their opinion :D

nirvana
01-09-2005, 09:49 PM
vote for william tan...

no matter the result.. kelly willl be offer a singing contract, she will be a star.

as for the blind guy... his life is all dark, this is the time we can bring him some light....

support the handicap...

^_^

daryl76
01-09-2005, 09:50 PM
i dun really watch the show... only know of the hype from the media, so cant comment much... but i think the gal should win la, dun think the guy can win

fun4evergood
01-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Gal can dance.....but guy cannot dance.....

BenQ
01-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Gal can dance.....but guy cannot dance.....

Hehe a lot of things he cant do like one of the thing is he cant walk around without someone helping him :p

fun4evergood
01-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Hehe a lot of things he cant do like one of the thing is he cant walk around without someone helping him :p

superstar should be someone whom can perform, dance and sing well......

BenQ
01-09-2005, 09:59 PM
vote for william tan...

support the handicap...

Yo brother support the handicap is good but when u are a superstar,there is lots of things to do n there are lots of things he cant do.Tats not the way to do it just my own view :p

BenQ
01-09-2005, 10:04 PM

Yah u are right brother,did anyone seen a superstar who must have someone to put the album rite in front of him so tat he can sign on it.

Siong2
01-09-2005, 10:07 PM
In the view of Media Chairman:
Even if Weilian wins, he will only shine for awhile. Where Kelly will have more chances in other Media Circles which means can earn more $$$$ :cool:

BenQ
01-09-2005, 10:12 PM
In the view of Media Chairman:
Even if Weilian wins, he will only shine for awhile. Where Kelly will have more chances in other Media Circles which means can earn more $$$$ :cool:

Tats y i say those who vote for him are giving him a false hope in life.They are not helping him cos frankly to say this is a very cruel world as only 强者生存。

Siong2
01-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Tats y i say those who vote for him are giving him a false hope in life.They are not helping him cos frankly to say this is a very cruel world.

Maybe he still can be a good singer like 欧德洋 lah, hide 1 corner and sing lor. But not a SuperStar

BenQ
01-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Maybe he still can be a good singer like 欧德洋 lah, hide 1 corner and sing lor. But not a SuperStar

Haha maybe but his voice cannot be compare to 欧德洋 lah.

nirvana
01-09-2005, 10:35 PM
both the semi final... the fav with the judges ( judge gave highest points) went out...

will the final be the same???

singapore alot of auntie and uncle... seat infront of the tv... they will vote...

look at NKF.. singapore heart very soft... will pity the handicap...

lets await the final anouncement...

the last man standing will be the street singer...

Siong2
01-09-2005, 10:39 PM
The commercial got auntie said "I hope weilian will be SuperStar cos he is blind and shows lots of courage..." :confused:
Now all NKF donor vote WeiLian then Kelly will loss liao :eek:

nirvana
01-09-2005, 10:45 PM
yes... i am right

fun4evergood
01-09-2005, 10:48 PM
yes... i am right

Clap Clap........... :)

nicodemuz
what drama at superstar?? :cool:

BenQ
The commercial got auntie said "I hope weilian will be SuperStar cos he is blind and shows lots of courage..." :confused:
Now all NKF donor vote WeiLian then Kelly will loss liao

OMG my hunch rite,Weilian is the superstar... :eek: So hope the best for him n those who vote for him,pls help by buying his cd n support him

Wei Lian is our first SUPERSTAR

nirvana
his tear is real....
his world is only darkness...

however.. the singapore kind heart..have show.

he need it...

and we will give him... even thought just a slight ray of light...

god is fair....

^_^

nirvana

fliper2004
01-09-2005, 10:49 PM
Wei Lian Won!!!!!!

Djouls
01-09-2005, 10:55 PM
wah shit. wl won but only for awhile kelly sure shine.

fun4evergood
01-09-2005, 10:56 PM
his tear is real....
his world is only darkness...

however.. the singapore kind heart..have show.

he need it...

and we will give him... even thought just a slight ray of light...

god is fair....

^_^

nirvana

I am glad Singaporean are still kind at heart.....peace.... :p

to me, both are winners tonight....

nirvana
01-09-2005, 10:56 PM
if the voting is strictly.. one telephone/hp number only can cast one vote..
kelly will win by a big margin...

however... many singapore auntie and uncle.. even many ppl r voting non stop for wei-lian.

how much call will u call for kelly? 5? mayb 10..

but those wei-lian supporter..

hehe....

the result is out liao

^_^

nicodemuz
01-09-2005, 10:57 PM
vote for william tan...

no matter the result.. kelly willl be offer a singing contract, she will be a star.

as for the blind guy... his life is all dark, this is the time we can bring him some light....

support the handicap...

^_^

I kind of disagree. In my humble opinion, it will be even better for him to lose. Why? the auntie and uncles at si bei lou (waterloo street area, the guangying temple) will be more pity towards him and he will earn even more from his live performance. Those who vote him may really give him false hope. just mu humble two cents...please dun zap me... ;)

nirvana
01-09-2005, 10:58 PM

look at taufik? and look at sly sim.

WL will only shine for awhile? hahaha... now at least.. even if his record cant sell.. he also wont need to perform on street again.. many pub and club will inivte him.....pay him...

^_^

nirvana
01-09-2005, 11:01 PM
I kind of disagree. In my humble opinion, it will be even better for him to lose. )

coin also got 2 side of face... finger also got long got short.
anyway... he is a winner.

let give him and all the crew a cheer

^_^

anyway, i still like the first 2 showing best...

those joker...

alway make my day...

tfk333
01-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Even though I knew that freaking Weilian gonna win I still feel freaking pissed off. Here's to all his voters _!_

joew2005
02-09-2005, 06:40 AM
Hong Junyang & Shi Xin Hui are better singers then Kelvin Tan & Kelly Poon.
They won the battle in the singing,but lose the battle for popularity.

fun4evergood
02-09-2005, 07:53 AM
Hong Junyang & Shi Xin Hui are better singers then Kelvin Tan & Kelly Poon.
They won the battle in the singing,but lose the battle for popularity.

Agreed....they have a more lasting looks too... :p

BenQ
02-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Radio 93.3 just report there are more than 50,000 calls into the final last nite :eek: Just imagine 50,000 calls x 0.6cents = $30,000 n weilian percentage of call is 64% while the rest belong to kelly.I think the negative effects on weilian by the fans n the papers make his fans even more determined to make him win but anyway just feel pity for junyang cos he really got potential to be a superstar anyway since singaporean has chosen weilian,let hope it change his life n those who supported him will continue to support him.

cyberelle
02-09-2005, 10:32 AM
I do not want Junyang to win. He is too much like Lin JunJie...

One JJ is enough...no need two.

waypastprime
02-09-2005, 12:16 PM

WL will only shine for awhile? hahaha... now at least.. even if his record cant sell.. he also wont need to perform on street again.. many pub and club will inivte him.....pay him...

^_^

Bro, long time never talk to you and we are still on the same wave lengths. :D

What does Kelly needs? A good career or another job that pays her even more than her current? Or is she seeking for fame? Well, she is famous enough. :cool:

I really admire his (Weilian) bravery and determination. He proved his critics wrong. Though he may not earned the likings of the judges, he wooed the hearts of many. That's why voting is 70%. It reminded us something. U need not to be extremely good in singing. U require the ability to charm the audience, impress the viewers, lest he possesses quite a good vocal (needs to be refined of course).

IMHO, Kelly should be contended. She can continue pursuing her dreams now and I presume Lee WS and Roy Li FH will be the ones arranging for her new album.

Anyway, this competition ended well. Both were offered a contract and they should be concentrating more on their future. Win is win. No point arguing whether sympathy plays a part in it. Then what about those who support Kelly just because she looks well?

BenQ
02-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Yesterday before the show ends we have more ppl support kelly than weilian but after the show ends n weilian becomes the supporters now we have MORE ppl voting for him hehe,hope the ppl who vote for him do support when he release his album ok :D

DeVegas
02-09-2005, 12:54 PM

Bro fun4evergood, then what about Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, etc. are they any different from Kelvin Tan? :D

Just my 0.02 cents worth.

DeVegas
02-09-2005, 12:56 PM

IMHO, whether a singer/star shine or not, it depends alot to their ownself. Even they can be given the biggest contract in the world, but if they are lazy to work and keep it up, they will also be forgotten very soon. :)

cheongkid
02-09-2005, 01:01 PM
It's heart-warming to see Kelvin coming this far and eventually winning the SuperStar title. Though Kelly was more versatile, had more stage presence and was the judges' favourite last night, the "people power" overruled all that. I think the majority wanted someone underdog and special like Kelvin to win cos when did we ever had a local handicapped person winning a singing contest and becoming a recording artiste?

Anyway, the competition had ended and I wish both Kelvin and Kelly success in their singing career.

lesnar
02-09-2005, 03:13 PM

^_^

Singapore Idols are different, there are more people who listen to Chinese songs than English Songs.....

Anyway, i don't like Taufik and Sly....I think they only got "Seh"......

nirvana
02-09-2005, 10:21 PM
I do not want Junyang to win. He is too much like Lin JunJie...

hw ya? so long never 'see' u,

:(

nirvana
02-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Bro, long time never talk to you and we are still on the same wave lengths. :D

well?

hi, handsome..

hw ya?

^_^

Siong2
02-09-2005, 11:09 PM
i do think i sing pretty well too... can someone support me??? :D

We will support you, but if you blind yourself we will support you more :p

nicodemuz
02-09-2005, 11:12 PM
not only the victory may give him false hope... it may also give others (handicap) the same false hope. :rolleyes:
Just watch the ch5 10.30pm doc show on superstar and i am a bit pissed off...by his comment...输了一点 to kelly in stage performance. infact, that night is 一面倒. OMG :eek:
haiz....

Siong2
02-09-2005, 11:26 PM
i am a bit pissed off...by his comment...输了一点 to kelly in stage performance. infact, that night is 一面倒. OMG :eek:
haiz....

Even all the judges votes Kelly better......

nicodemuz
02-09-2005, 11:47 PM
is it going to be like this in the future...
future superstar competition also got handicap...and for every superstar competition, the handicap won???? the auntie and uncle beh sian huh??? :cool:

nakamara
03-09-2005, 01:38 AM
Haizz....i still root for Junyang... :(

Tai_zi21
03-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Well the finals results is out liao! but my views on this was simple!

Weilian shouldn't win! why? yes he got a nice voice,yes i admire him for his courage for coming out to try the superstar competion! but does he really deserve to win? in my pt of view no! no offended to all the weilian supporters out there! but he have sing so many song fron the quarter to the semi and even to the final... ever see him singing a song which score 40 pts and above? just like any singaproreans i also support weilian from the start! cos when he sing,it really make mi feel touched! imagine how long does he take to remember 1 song lyrics? but to the final already,i just felt that kelly just win weilian in the overall package! from the x factor to the voice and everything!

But well every compition is kelong isn't it? so wish weilian gd luck! and hope he is not those type of 1 ablum singer! :)

nakamara
03-09-2005, 01:44 PM
maybe i should miam myself and go try my luck...my singing is quite ok also...see if i can edge out those better contestants...hehe... :D

*ok stupid comment...no offense to Weilian fans ok? Weilian did damn well that night too...congrats to him

Tai_zi21
03-09-2005, 01:50 PM
*ok stupid comment...no offense to Weilian fans ok? Weilian did damn well that night too...congrats to him

If weilian did damn well that night? then may i know how kelly fare? super damn well? remember the contestant with the best voice may not win the compition! it more abt to see who has more popularity!

:)

Jax_
03-09-2005, 02:11 PM
In the end, it's still all about the $$$$ right?

If you (Weilian) are handicapp, sing not so well as the other contestant (Kelly) and get lower scores. People sympathize mah, then spend all their money sms or etc to vote for you la.

Not to say Weilian not talented, he is damn hardworking but it's still ultimately about who can make people vote for them more right?

Handicapp + Lower scores = More votes ???? :D

and of course

More votes = More $$$ for the organisers!!

ps: and to fellow bros who joins future this kind of competition, just give a hint of who you are ie. password and we will sure vote for you one! :D

nakamara
03-09-2005, 02:11 PM
If weilian did damn well that night? then may i know how kelly fare? super damn well? remember the contestant with the best voice may not win the compition! it more abt to see who has more popularity!

must soothe WL fans abit ma :D ...actually i didn't manage to watch la...was drinking at music underground that day...a pity for kelly that she didn't win

Still i predict that Kelly will eventually achieve greater success than WL (think Sg Idol...Sly vs Taufik) once the novelty of a blind busker turned superstar wears off :)

nakamara
03-09-2005, 02:15 PM
ps: and to fellow bros who joins future this kind of competition, just give a hint of who you are ie. password and we will sure vote for you one!

wah...ppl get their poly to vote we samsters get adult forum to vote ah? If go on news how? All my dirt kena dished out liao...haha next season pls take note of the top 24 leh...i may come out with a signal for SBF bros to vote me...lol :D

Tai_zi21
03-09-2005, 03:01 PM
once the novelty of a blind busker turned superstar wears off :)

For this i totally agree with u this time round Bro! :)

zico
03-09-2005, 03:13 PM
there are many other famous blind singers such as Stevie Wonder and Andrea Bocelli. They have their style of singing what pissed me of its not what the contestants but the hosts should be impartial, their comments sometimes really shows who they favour and will affect the voting. The media constant bombarding the word sympathy in their ads when kelvin tan appear, makes it a voting gimmick

pppp46
03-09-2005, 04:01 PM
No offence to Weilian....

I heard a rumour .

Weilian won because one of the record companies spend large amount of money to vote for him.
Coz if he wins, they will need to sign him! & the potential of him of developing internationally is not that high compared to kelly.

joew2005
03-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Let's wait & see who will last longer in the singing industry for Hong Junyang,Kelvin Tan, Kelly Poon & Shi Xin Hui.
Not forgetting some of the other finalist could be even better.
2 me Hong Junyang & Shi Xin Hui can last longer than Kelvin Tan.
How many Stevie Wonder can there be in this world???? :eek:

cyberelle
03-09-2005, 11:31 PM
We dun have a chinese stevie wonder yet...

and yah..I think William is good... but he got knocked out too early...

I hope he gets appreciated somehow.

nicodemuz
04-09-2005, 12:12 AM
ps: and to fellow bros who joins future this kind of competition, just give a hint of who you are ie. password and we will sure vote for you one! :D

and... the password must be.....sammyboy!!!! :D

zico
04-09-2005, 12:17 AM
and... the password must be.....sammyboy!!!! :D
I second it

waypastprime
05-09-2005, 09:39 AM
hi, wpp..

hw ya?

^_^

Hehe. Got time we chat over at MSN. :D