PDA

View Full Version : Possible to get STD when capped?

2.00AM
09-05-2002, 12:30 PM
In the other category, someone mentioned about getting gonorrhea (STD) even when he had a BJ capped!! Sorry but I find this ridiculous as I thought it isn't possible. Correct my understanding but isn't STD spread by the sex organ and the mouth is not a sex organ. Agree, right?

Maybe he was bullshitting? Or maybe this guy was trying to hide something else or other activities which he has prior to this? Anyone, any idea? Please enlighten...

perrymason32
09-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by 2.00AM
In the other category, someone mentioned about getting gonorrhea (STD) even when he had a BJ capped!! Sorry but I find this ridiculous as I thought it isn't possible. Correct my understanding but isn't STD spread by the sex organ and the mouth is not a sex organ. Agree, right?

Maybe he was bullshitting? Or maybe this guy was trying to hide something else or other activities which he has prior to this? Anyone, any idea? Please enlighten...

1) STDs can also be transmitted through the mouth. STDs are transmitted via bodily fluids entering the body--typically through membraneous parts of the body.

Technically, HIV can also be transmitted via oral sex. Definitely if HIV-person CIM of BJ-giver--the one with the mouth may well kena HIV. From the cum because there may be too much cum for the saliva to act on and kill.

2) Every pack of condoms has on the wrapper/cover, or whatever that thing is callled which houses the sealed condoms, a disclaimer such as this on Durex's Select exotic flavoured condoms pack: "No method of contraception can provide 100% protection against pregnancy, HIV or the transmission of sexually transmitted infections."

Oh my God, I've just realised just how easy it is to get a pack of condoms for $3-5 from the nearby mamak stall or supermarket to get access to this kind of information!!!

Is this a trick question, then? Anyone?

JaguarLuv
09-05-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by perrymason32

1) STDs can also be transmitted through the mouth. STDs are transmitted via bodily fluids entering the body--typically through membraneous parts of the body.

Technically, HIV can also be transmitted via oral sex. Definitely if HIV-person CIM of BJ-giver--the one with the mouth may well kena HIV. From the cum because there may be too much cum for the saliva to act on and kill.

2) Every pack of condoms has on the wrapper/cover, or whatever that thing is callled which houses the sealed condoms, a disclaimer such as this on Durex's Select exotic flavoured condoms pack: "No method of contraception can provide 100% protection against pregnancy, HIV or the transmission of sexually transmitted infections."

Oh my God, I've just realised just how easy it is to get a pack of condoms for $3-5 from the nearby mamak stall or supermarket to get access to this kind of information!!!

Is this a trick question, then? Anyone?

Geez.. was that sarcasm that I sensed? Gimme a break..
He probably knew about the condom info but it definitely does not state that STD can be transmitted to the mouth, which incidentally, was what he was unclear about. Probably he was really not clear of what condoms can't do. Even then, we don't have to be such a snob.
Kaoz.. ya ya papaya

perrymason32
10-05-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by JaguarLuv

Geez.. was that sarcasm that I sensed? Gimme a break..
He probably knew about the condom info but it definitely does not state that STD can be transmitted to the mouth, which incidentally, was what he was unclear about. Probably he was really not clear of what condoms can't do. Even then, we don't have to be such a snob.
Kaoz.. ya ya papaya

Sorry la bro JaguarLuv, if it came out sarcastic.

(And sorry bro 2.00 a.m. too.)

It's Just that:
* the original query was somewhat too dismissive to begin with, saying it was 'ridiculous'
* I wrote the thing then realised if even I could rattle it off like that then it should also be easily accessible to all, right?

Then suddenly ask myself: Eh why are you writing all this down ah???!!!

Then got irritated lor...

Cannot be ya ya papaya here lah--so I don't really try to be like that (BTW I really despise ya ya papaya kind of people to the core!)--afterwards kena hammer AKA flamed until kena made invisible by potential buddies...Then bang balls because cannot bang balls anymore...

sammyboyfor
10-05-2002, 05:11 PM
STDs are transmitted via body fluids. This exchange can occur via various sexual acts such as oral sex and ass rimming.

STDs such as herpes and genital warts are transmitted via skin contact and even with a condom on, it is still quite possible to catch herpes when vaginal juices come into contact with base of the penile shaft or scrotum which is not covered by the condom.

For a complete summary, go to Sam's Sex Disease Chart-Safe Sex Summary (http://www.sammyboy.com/legacy/stdsummary.html)
Originally posted by 2.00AM

JaguarLuv
10-05-2002, 05:21 PM

Sorry la bro JaguarLuv, if it came out sarcastic.

(And sorry bro 2.00 a.m. too.)

It's Just that:
* the original query was somewhat too dismissive to begin with, saying it was 'ridiculous'
* I wrote the thing then realised if even I could rattle it off like that then it should also be easily accessible to all, right?

Then suddenly ask myself: Eh why are you writing all this down ah???!!!

Then got irritated lor...

Cannot be ya ya papaya here lah--so I don't really try to be like that (BTW I really despise ya ya papaya kind of people to the core!)--afterwards kena hammer AKA flamed until kena made invisible by potential buddies...Then bang balls because cannot bang balls anymore...

Heh.. ok lah. Forgive and forget. Everyone is still on a learning curve. We just try to take it easy sometimes or we may hurt another fella's feelings unknowingly.

Cheers. Have a nice day.

2.00AM
12-05-2002, 10:36 PM
I must thank all who have replied as your feedback have been most helpful. Gee, it just make me think twice again in whatever I'm going to do next... sexually I mean, of course.

So, STD is transmitted by bodily fluid and not limited to only sex organ or sexual bodily fluid. Oh boy, that makes a lot difference!! I hope it's not too late for me to know this. So, does this mean that every time when we opt for a commercial sex, we are putting ourselves at risk to all this, no matter what precaution or safety we take?

Well, guess at the end of the day, it boils down to luck again, eh?

Alright, thank you very much.

sammyboyfor
13-05-2002, 10:49 AM
You were supposed to read my sex FAQ BEFORE you started your commercial sex activities... not AFTER.

I suggest you make yourself familiar with the risks in future before embarking upon any new endeavor.

perrymason32
13-05-2002, 02:19 PM

Heh.. ok lah. Forgive and forget. Everyone is still on a learning curve. We just try to take it easy sometimes or we may hurt another fella's feelings unknowingly.

Cheers. Have a nice day.

Thanks bro JaguarLuv for understanding. But you know ah, all this talk about STD this and that has got me really nervous these days.

I mean, this kind of subject I researched before etc, but these things are like in the back of my mind...until recently, got this kena gon. lah, that one kena herp lah...Then all these STDs actually hit closer to home--know what I mean?

Dunno lah. Kind of worried. Think I may slip out of the BJ and FJ scenes and only submit HJ FRs and market reports from now on...

JaguarLuv
13-05-2002, 08:26 PM
Actually I have the same sentiments as you too. Had been cheonging and well-aware of the risks that comes with it. Lately, felt that it is not worth it. Thinking of quitting the scene totally.

2.00AM
14-05-2002, 12:46 PM
Hahah, yes Sam, I must admit that I was supposed to read your page first before posting here but then again, many a time in life, we tend to take things for granted and pretend that we have known enough, sigh... Anyway, cheers.

Gosh! Already so many of you guys started talking about withdrawing from the HC scene and etc. Hey, this doesn not augur too well for me lah, considering that I'm just about to get into the groove of this. Now, that's not very encouraging for me, isn't it? Sigh, guess I might already need to call it quit even way before I get to really start. :(

Oh well, but the again, I might just do the opposite, heheh.

G'day!

JaguarLuv
14-05-2002, 05:13 PM
To each his own. We have our reasons. I am not here to preach nor to discourage you. Go ahead and cheong, bro. Just remember to be equipped with the right knowledge and the right equipment. :D

perrymason32
14-05-2002, 06:06 PM
Actually I have the same sentiments as you too. Had been cheonging and well-aware of the risks that comes with it. Lately, felt that it is not worth it. Thinking of quitting the scene totally.

<sigh!> I hear ya...

perrymason32
14-05-2002, 06:13 PM
To each his own. We have our reasons. I am not here to preach nor to discourage you. Go ahead and cheong, bro. Just remember to be equipped with the right knowledge and the right equipment. :D

Yea, agree wholeheartedly. Research well, bro 2:00 am! Read, read, read. First stops are the STD websites (the first stop among them being the HIV ones); then come here to decide who is 'ang pai', who is young, who hasn't spent much time in the market as yet etc; then decide.

Equipment-wise...Hey bro JaguarLuv, I just read that nonoxynol-9 not only fails to prevent against HIV, but actually increases the risk of transmission!!! KNN lah. This is something the scientific/research community has known for years, man!

And these condom makers don't even bother to tell us these things, yea? I tell you, these past few weeks, they are beginning to look like tobacco/cigarette companies to me even!

Never mind lah. Rambling again...

JaguarLuv
14-05-2002, 08:09 PM

Yea, agree wholeheartedly. Research well, bro 2:00 am! Read, read, read. First stops are the STD websites (the first stop among them being the HIV ones); then come here to decide who is 'ang pai', who is young, who hasn't spent much time in the market as yet etc; then decide.

Equipment-wise...Hey bro JaguarLuv, I just read that nonoxynol-9 not only fails to prevent against HIV, but actually increases the risk of transmission!!! KNN lah. This is something the scientific/research community has known for years, man!

And these condom makers don't even bother to tell us these things, yea? I tell you, these past few weeks, they are beginning to look like tobacco/cigarette companies to me even!

Never mind lah. Rambling again...

Wah piang! NB LAh! Now that is one more reason for me to quit. Tks Bro!

perrymason32
14-05-2002, 10:21 PM

Wah piang! NB LAh! Now that is one more reason for me to quit. Tks Bro!

Bro JaguarLuv,

The following I just downloaded from Wired.com.

Docs: 'Nonoxynol-9 Doesn't Work'
By Jordan Lite
8:55 a.m. May 13, 2002 PDT

ANTWERP, Belgium ­-- A contraceptive many hoped would protect against sexually transmitted diseases, including AIDS, offers no such benefits, according to a review of studies on the issue presented Monday.

The first-ever meta-analysis of studies on the protective benefits of nonoxynol-9 against HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases found that the spermicide offered no significant protection against any such infections, said David Wilkinson, a professor of rural health at the University of South Australia in Adelaide who conducted the analysis.

"Nonoxynol-9 doesn't work. It doesn't prevent HIV," said Wilkinson, one of 650 scientists attending a conference this week on microbicides --­ gels and creams that many researchers believe could significantly enhance AIDS-prevention efforts.

Researchers had hoped that nonoxynol-9, which is said to increase the effectiveness of condoms but is considered a poor contraceptive when used alone, would be the first effective microbicide against HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.

"The story is over. Nonoxynol-9 is over as a microbicide," Wilkinson said. "That's the bottom line."

The analysis confirmed the results of a widely reported 2000 study that showed that nonoxynol-9, the most commonly used spermicide in the world, offered no protection against HIV. But it differed from that study in one important respect: The 2000 study said that nonoxynol-9 increased the risk of HIV, while the new analysis on all available studies suggested the product doesn't increase risk of HIV infection.

Willard Cates, president of the research organization Family Health International, said the study "is not even the nail in the coffin. This is putting the tombstone in.

"The field has moved far beyond N-9," he added.

Nonoxynol-9, which condom manufacturers say is contained in 45 percent of condoms sold commercially, does increase risk of genital lesions, according to the analysis, which reviewed 27 studies of a total of 5,096 women. Such lesions have been associated with increased risk of AIDS.

The study also found that nonoxynol-9 seemed to increase risk of Trichomonas, parasites that are frequently sexually transmitted, and of bacterial vaginosis, a common vaginal infection.

"The data on genital ulcerations is worrying," Wilkinson said. "That we see increased genital ulcerations is not good news, but it doesn't seem to increase risk" of HIV.

But Wilkinson added that because most of the women in the studies were commercial sex workers who used nonoxynol-9 multiple times daily, the risk of lesions was likely much lower for women who use it twice a day or less often.

The implications of the analysis on use of nonoxynol-9 for contraceptive purposes are unclear, but within the next few weeks the World Health Organization will issue recommendations on the topic, said Timothy Farley, who is coordinating the agency's response.

Wilkinson implied that health officials are concerned about nonoxynol-9's effectiveness as a contraceptive.

"As for pregnancy, it doesn't do a whole lot against that, either," Wilkinson said.

perrymason32
14-05-2002, 10:28 PM
Hi bro JaguarLuv,

Below is another--more hopeful report. New, with microbicides, but supposed to only come out in...2007!!!???

Yup, I agree KNN CCB lah! And I only find out all this about nonoxynol-9 in the last 2 days???!!!

What next, I wonder--even HJs can get STDs???!!!

OK bro. Let us ponder a while...

Hope for New AIDS Weapon
By Jordan Lite
2:00 a.m. May 13, 2002 PDT
ANTWERP, Belgium ­-- AIDS researchers looking for ways to prevent more HIV infections have their sights set on a range of gels and creams that many believe will eventually offer uninfected people the best possible defense against the virus, short of a vaccine.

These microbicides could also take the form of a film or tablet similar to those used as contraceptives. But while some microbicides might be formulated to protect against pregnancy, their primary purpose would be to attack HIV, offering potentially life-saving protection to any sexually active person who uses them.

Since microbicides would not require the cooperation of both partners to work effectively, they would be of particular benefit to women and gay men, the two populations epidemiologists say are at greatest risk of infection. Although condom-promotion campaigns in the industrialized world helped to reduce HIV transmission rates in the early 1990s, condoms are still snubbed by men in much of the developing world, and epidemiologists are alarmed by a new increase in unprotected sex among gay men in the United States.

"It’s going to be a big thing, there's no doubt about it," said Dr. Alan Stone, director of London-based Medical Scientific Advisory Services, one of 500 scientists and public health experts scheduled to attend a four-day conference on microbicides beginning here Sunday.

An effective microbicide could reach the market as early as 2007, according to the Reproductive Technologies Project, a Washington nonprofit that works to advance reproductive health for women. That's far sooner than the potential debut for either a preventive or therapeutic vaccine, which is a decade or more away, according to Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infections Diseases at the National Institutes of Health.

Still, while 55 microbicide products are in development, only 11 have reached clinical testing stages, according to the Alliance for Microbicide Development. Just three are in or near Phase III testing, one of the last stages involved in the U.S. regulatory approval process.

Microbicides could work in several ways: They could kill or immobilize the HIV pathogen on contact, block infection by creating a barrier between the virus and the vagina or rectum, or prevent an infection from taking hold by strengthening the body's natural immune defenses.

Some might protect against pregnancy as well as AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases. And in theory, a microbicide would be "bi-directional," meaning that infected people could apply it to their own body to protect their partner during intercourse.

Those attending this week's conference -- this is only the third year of the event, reflecting the discipline's newness -- will be paying close attention to the scientific, social and regulatory hurdles to creating an effective product. Many scientists were surprised and disappointed two years ago when researchers announced that nonoxynol-9, the spermicide commonly used alone or with condoms, not only fails to protect against HIV, but seems to increase risk of transmission. An update on that research is expected Monday.

An ideal microbicide should have two features, says Polly Harrison, director of the Alliance for Microbicide Development: It should be bio-adhesive -- that is, it should stay where it's supposed to -- and it must be comfortable.

"It should feel good. It should smell good," Harrison says. "It's common sense: If you have a product that's difficult to use or unpleasant, you're not going to use it."

A key obstacle is money. A February report by the Rockefeller Foundation determined that even a microbicide that is only 40 percent effective could avert 5.6 million HIV infections and save $3.2 billion in health-care costs. But "despite this enormous scientific and public health potential, microbicide research has been severely under-funded and politically marginalized," the report said.

The wealthiest pharmaceutical companies, reluctant to invest in products that would bring in little revenue when they are inevitably sold over the counter and at reduced rates in poor countries, have avoided developing microbicides, says Stone, who surveyed 36 such companies beginning in 1999 and found that none had invested money in microbicide research.

Instead, 39 small biotech firms, 44 nonprofits and seven public-sector agencies are currently working on microbicides worldwide, according to the Alliance for Microbicide Development.

Wendy Wertheimer, the spokeswoman for the National Institutes of Health's Office of AIDS Research, did not return calls seeking comment. But U.S. Sen. Jon Corzine, a Democrat from New Jersey who in November introduced legislation that would expand the NIH's microbicide research, says that the agency's current budget for microbicide research and development is just $34.6 million, less than 2 percent of its total AIDS budget.

"A dollar doesn't equal a dollar when you put it in prevention versus treatment versus vaccine research (terms)," says Jeff Smith, director of clinical research at the American Foundation for AIDS Research.

"There hasn't been a great emphasis on prevention, so we're farther behind and it will take more dollars to catch up."

JaguarLuv
15-05-2002, 12:16 PM
Tks bro perrymason32. This is very informative.
First of all, is.. NB LAH! So how effective are condoms against HIV and pregnancies now??!! Why the KNN report dun state?!! That Wilkinson do things do half fuck!
Second thing, keep calm...
Lastly, go for a blood test 6 mths later...

... *sigh*

perrymason32
15-05-2002, 02:32 PM
Tks bro perrymason32. This is very informative.
First of all, is.. NB LAH! So how effective are condoms against HIV and pregnancies now??!! Why the KNN report dun state?!! That Wilkinson do things do half fuck!
Second thing, keep calm...
Lastly, go for a blood test 6 mths later...

... *sigh*

First of all, I agree with you. KNNB LAH!!!

And as to how effective condoms are...no more than before lor. I think the report doesn't say because the dumb-assed overpaid so-called asshole researchers and doctors don't dare to commit--because they don't know.

And yup, just have to wait to take that blood test 6 months later...from the our last fuck. But NB, I was hoping to cheong this weekend lah. And the only option is DIY until find a steady sex partner...WTF, man!

* sigh *

sheesh!!!

aiya, never mind lah. let's not think about it for now until the next test...