PDA

View Full Version : JB Town SAFETY WARNING!!!

poor_jb
12-04-2005, 09:37 AM
Hi all cheongsters,

Please be warned that JB town NO MORE SAFE.

BE EXTRA ALERT when walking around JB town, ESPECIALLY at KTM-CitySquare FLY-OVER Bridge which can walk to Bluewave hotel across the construction site

I was robbed there on 29-Mar-2005. I did not post here bcoz I couldn't find the old threat. I started a new threat today bcoz one of my friend's friend was robbed at the same place 2 days ago by the same 3 presons ( 2 malay and 1 indian ), same tactics where 1 malay will knock u to stop when u are walking then 2 other will come immediately and point the rambo knife at your tummy.

I was robbed at abt 11pm, but my friend was robbed at evening time, this means these 3 robbers have tasted the rewards will definately wait and hunt there everyday, at least they have got me and my friend.

I don't this they will be napped by police, o be EXTRA CAREFUL and avoid that fly-over if possible.

TAKE CARE buddies.

wineloverjb
12-04-2005, 04:47 PM
many friends (outstation) of mine told me that JB is not safe, and they did encounter some real bad experience before. Hmm...maybe is because i was born and brought up here, i don't really feel anything at all. but as a word of cautious to all bro bonkers, do always practice "safe" sex, even before or after the bonking session.

wirelessdick
12-04-2005, 05:48 PM
many friends (outstation) of mine told me that JB is not safe, and they did encounter some real bad experience before. Hmm...maybe is because i was born and brought up here, i don't really feel anything at all. but as a word of cautious to all bro bonkers, do always practice "safe" sex, even before or after the bonking session.

I was almost robbed by two guys a few years ago in JB also. Lucky for me, I sensed something wrong and pushed them and ran ran ran ran...

Since then, never went to JB anymore.

dathinman
12-04-2005, 06:15 PM
I think locals are used to the level of crime so they are more alert of their surroundings. From young already know got to be alert for suspicious characters, whereas Singaporeans are used to safer surroundings might not be so aware/alert.

This is not "looking down" on Singaporeans, as I know Malaysians also can get mugged or worse, get "chopped" also don't know for what reason. :eek:

kelvindartz
12-04-2005, 06:53 PM
bro, thanks for your warnings. I've also heard of friends who were targeted and almost got robbed. Better to walk with at least another friend who is armed with a knife too. At least if u get stabbed, your friend can stab him back... just joking!

Frankiestine
12-04-2005, 07:02 PM
I think locals are used to the level of crime so they are more alert of their surroundings. From young already know got to be alert for suspicious characters, whereas Singaporeans are used to safer surroundings might not be so aware/alert.

This is not "looking down" on Singaporeans, as I know Malaysians also can get mugged or worse, get "chopped" also don't know for what reason. :eek:
aiyah this type of thing also happening in singapore just that the press tends to give more coverage to malaysia side becos they trying to discourage pple going over.....how would it look if every day papers comes out to report on robberies cases here and there...then affect visitors to this country also wat...

nabeh123
12-04-2005, 07:13 PM
ESPECIALLY at KTM-CitySquare FLY-OVER Bridge which can walk to Bluewave hotel across the construction site

II was robbed at abt 11pm, but my friend was robbed at evening time, this means these 3 robbers have tasted the rewards will definately wait and hunt there everyday, at least they have got me and my friend.

Wat time ur friend kena? Evening as in sky not dark yet?
Try to avoid that overcross after 10pm, high risk area :mad: And if u alone & kena, dun fight back. My friend tried to fight back end up lie in hospital for 2 weeks....... :mad:

B-free
12-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Try to avoid that overcross after 10pm, high risk area :mad: And if u alone & kena, dun fight back. My friend tried to fight back end up lie in hospital for 2 weeks....... :mad:
Thats is correct, what you lost to the robbers is better than they mistakenly stabbed you....never know which one of them is a first timer with trembling hands....better live to Fcuk another day..

Siam_Bu
12-04-2005, 07:47 PM
hehe u shout loud loud they buay tahan liao hehe

vote here for international sex survey (http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=35318)

Matthias
12-04-2005, 08:58 PM
that xiaohouzhi also kena robbed b4....so dangerous...i will only walk that bridge during the day...

JBCheongster
12-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Anyplace in JB also dangerous, if you are suay (unlucky), then even in bright daylight in front of the police station, u can also be robbed...
Only thing we can do in JB apart from street smart is to pray hard that you won't be the next target... :( What to do, why must I love Malaysia meimei so much... :D

Malaysian Datuk
12-04-2005, 09:37 PM
As with travelling to any foreign city, take the usual precautions and keep your eyes open. This mantra has served me well so far anywhere in the world I've been to. The trouble with Singaporeans are that because they are familiar with a place, they tend to feel too at home and let their guard down.

dathinman
13-04-2005, 01:07 AM
aiyah this type of thing also happening in singapore just that the press tends to give more coverage to malaysia side becos they trying to discourage pple going over.....how would it look if every day papers comes out to report on robberies cases here and there...then affect visitors to this country also wat...

True also. Singapore press got a lot of things to say one about Malaysia. ;)

But Malaysia crime situation is not so good. Open any Malaysia newspapers and you will see quite a fair amount of crime committed everyday.

gigantic_tk
13-04-2005, 01:33 AM
So I cannot go to BW & Apollo 1 in the evening by walk liao, thought is quite safe walking between 2 fences. Instead now has to defend yourself if unlucky fall victim to these robbers. Take precaution, extremely precaution and really no confident, give these places a miss liao.................

xiaoqiang
13-04-2005, 01:53 AM
my more jia lat..i was robbed last year @ city sq inside a shop... de salesman and girl see keep quiet... i was shopping and planning to buy present for my gf birthday... but in de end kanna rob my hp and a few hundred bucks...damn swey... i was born in jg thru but that make me more dissappointed of my hometown...now after ns is Singaporean le... think wun go jb ever after that incident... :(

Doggiestyle
13-04-2005, 07:10 AM
that xiaohouzhi also kena robbed b4....so dangerous...i will only walk that bridge during the day...

I will just cross the road.... jaywalk..... serious..... coz can be bothered to climb up the stairs leading to the x-over bridge...

poor_jb
13-04-2005, 09:10 AM
He was robbed at abt 6pm .... sun still around with big eyes!!!!.

Sorry, I am not Singaporean, I am Malaysian and have been staying in JB for more than 10 years. I was proud to be Malaysian before this incident but now no more, and will be changing to Singaporean.

Why??...police is not efficient and effective to protect us. I rushed to police station in just 10min that night and saw that 3 robbers were hving their tea at mamak stall infront of Merlin Tower :mad: before I reach police station in my car. I immediately requested the inspector on duty to accompany me to go back and hoping able to nab them. But, what I got was asked to sit there filing report then sent to another room to see another inspector, by then police have wasted 1 hour time and the chance to catch robbers. After many requests, the 2nd inspector then only asked 1 CID to acompany me back to the mamak stall, sadly, along the way, he still chit chat with people and somehow grap few other CID along :mad: , but the robbers were no more there.

Angryly, I politely request those CID to help and patrol using my car and search that 3 robbers coz I remember 1 of the malay face. Again too sad, no found after 45 mins of patrol in town area. And, guess what, they told me there are lots of drugs addicts and robbers all over town area. Just imagine, that 3 robbers only 1 group with 1.5 foot rombo knife, how many other group with arm hunting in town area??

As many people here say, locals always stay high alert, me too, always super high alert when in JB town. I even told my friends in SG not to be worry and continue going JB, so that at least will help JB economy, but now I have to give them warning and even ask most of them to go somewhere else as JB prices also increasing and almost par with SG prices.

SORRY MALAYSIA..... I think this is the main reason local talent will leave Malaysia, I will be the next to be Singaporean soon... at least Singapore forces are more efficient and effective.

security13
13-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Yup! I got robbed last year at knife point! Be careful when you change money at the money changers just across the causeway! There are a lot of drug addicts there who will not spare a thought about robbing you! Better to change further sown in holiday inn or sentosa.

White Crane
13-04-2005, 10:45 AM

Robbers/Theives dun bother about whether you are local or Singaporean. What they want is monies. If they think you have got carrots, then they will target you.

But of course if they target a local,chances are they will be recognised easier.

Frankiestine
13-04-2005, 11:07 AM
True also. Singapore press got a lot of things to say one about Malaysia. ;) But Malaysia crime situation is not so good. Open any Malaysia newspapers and you will see quite a fair amount of crime committed everyday.
Yes one thing about the m'sian papers is they are more open and dare to report things, here as everyone knows the papers are subjected to "advise" and tends to hold back on their reporting.....but crime exist anywhere even in Swiss land....i remember had my honeymoon there and we check in with a few couples, immediately when we adjourned for dinner break someone broke into the rooms and force open the luggage....some of the pple nearly lost all the money they brought for the honeymoon...for me it has always been a policy for me to carry my money and passport on my "body"...

oldcar
13-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Alert is not enough. Must always mininize getting into risky situtation. Walking over that flyover and pass a quite poorly lighted constrution site at night. It not just in Malaysia, I would say you will get mug 8 out 10 cities in the world. London, Paris, Milan and New York ;)

Take a taxis, or just drive.

ubfei
13-04-2005, 10:38 PM
I felt very sad after reading all incidents in JB..... I am Malaysian too and sometimes do not know to criticise government.

I had one exprience in JB custom. I would like get a cab to Skudai find a friend.... normal rate was maximum RM 15 to reach my friend's place.....
However, when I asked one taxi driver, he wanted to charge me RM 20!!!!
I just made a joke with him, friend have u seen there is MAYBANK ATM there? Why not you robbed there faster.....
There was another guys came and said, if you don't take, don't talk so much la..... I was very angry at his tone, then I scolded back :
Do you think the way you are doing now is correct? I am Malaysian too........
He scolded back and would like to hit me .....I just walked dont bother this kind of person.......Ai.....Poor Malaysia...When can you awaken??
Even China taxi, all go by meter fee......

Ok, finish my story. Just would like to highlight to all:

- Just becareful when you walked alone across JB street.
- Be sensitive when you was alone.
- Putting RM 50 (maximum) in your wallet, the rest of it, just hide it at somewhere.
- If the guys do not have gun, you can think how to ran away.

Good Luck!!!!

dathinman
14-04-2005, 12:56 AM
Robbers/Theives dun bother about whether you are local or Singaporean. What they want is monies. If they think you have got carrots, then they will target you.

But of course if they target a local,chances are they will be recognised easier.

That is true.

But my point was locals tend to be more alert. They might target you but if you are alert enough and see them coming, try to go the other way lor.

dathinman
14-04-2005, 01:07 AM
He was robbed at abt 6pm .... sun still around with big eyes!!!!.

Sorry, I am not Singaporean, I am Malaysian and have been staying in JB for more than 10 years. I was proud to be Malaysian before this incident but now no more, and will be changing to Singaporean.

You want to change, change loh. But wanting to change citizenship just because this incident, sounds rather trivial and petty.

Malaysians know what really ails Malaysia. A police force that is perceived to be ineffective might be on the list but it isn't that high on the list. :p

SORRY MALAYSIA..... I think this is the main reason local talent will leave Malaysia, I will be the next to be Singaporean soon... at least Singapore forces are more efficient and effective.

No that isn't the main reason.

Anyway, other than JB which I think is ranked the city with the highest crime rate, it isn't that bad elsewhere. You never thought of moving? :D

dathinman
14-04-2005, 01:20 AM
I felt very sad after reading all incidents in JB..... I am Malaysian too and sometimes do not know to criticise government.

I had one exprience in JB custom. I would like get a cab to Skudai find a friend.... normal rate was maximum RM 15 to reach my friend's place.....
However, when I asked one taxi driver, he wanted to charge me RM 20!!!!
I just made a joke with him, friend have u seen there is MAYBANK ATM there? Why not you robbed there faster.....
There was another guys came and said, if you don't take, don't talk so much la..... I was very angry at his tone, then I scolded back :
Do you think the way you are doing now is correct? I am Malaysian too........
He scolded back and would like to hit me .....I just walked dont bother this kind of person.......Ai.....Poor Malaysia...When can you awaken??
Even China taxi, all go by meter fee......

Ok, finish my story. Just would like to highlight to all:

- Just becareful when you walked alone across JB street.
- Be sensitive when you was alone.
- Putting RM 50 (maximum) in your wallet, the rest of it, just hide it at somewhere.
- If the guys do not have gun, you can think how to ran away.

Good Luck!!!!

Well....in a way the other guy was right. Don't think the price is fair then don't take the taxi. No need to be harsh (to you it was a joke but it obviously wasn't to the taxi drivers)

Malaysia taxis are like that. I find JB taxi drivers are actually quite decent....KL taxi drivers are worse.

petercm888
14-04-2005, 01:44 AM
Bros

Sorry to know the sad story. I believe crime is around the whole world. Just careful when you are in overseas. Dun go out too late & dress too nice...and be alert.

Normally I stayed in Hyatt Hotel. So I parked my car there & take the cab out. I just wear jean, polo T or Jogging suit only.

For the cab, I think also no point to argue for few riggt. I rather pay the agreed fare, than they go by the longer way. at the end I still pay the same, and waste my time.

Computer
14-04-2005, 02:11 AM
ok guys, let me say my piece...

i have got my fair share of bad encounters in JB. just to name a few:

1) fren's car scrached.
2) fren's bike stolen.
3) another fren's bike parts stolen.

4) somebody tried to pick a fight with me over nothing. i was just walking when a malay guy appeared out of nowhere and started scolding. he looked like he was on drugs. his fren pulled him away. i gave him a middle finger, he broke free of his fren and dashed towards me. i simply lifted up my leg to his face level and gave a hard jerk when he's near...he fell to the ground in pain and his fren said sorry and asked me to go away.

5) taxi driver tried to over charge me. i just walked away without saying a single word. he realised i know the price, so he opened the window and quoted me the correct price giving the reason he is going there anyway, its on the way so give discount. i told him "oh really? u going there too? then see u there." then i stopped another cab right in front of his eyes.

6) car rental company "eat" my deposit of RM100. the guy said they used it to pay a speeding fine, but the fact is, i only used the car to teach my fren parking somewhere near the rental place (his test date was near), and the road from rental place to teaching place is jammed all the way.......how to speed? somemore cannot collect the money when returning the car, can only collect 2 weeks later, to make sure no fines. tat means i specially made an extra trip down for nothing.

and many more....

and the funny thing is, i live in SG...i spend 99.99% of my time in SG......but how come i encounter more bad experiences in JB than in SG? something to think about.

oldcar
14-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Sorry for the bros has so many bad experiences in JB. I have to count myself luck, have yet to have any bad experience in JB. No one has yet touch my car or in the past my bike (use to have a 900cc monster). For last two year, I even move from Singapore to live in JB, and still working in Singapore. Food in JB is cheap, taxis is easy to get(except when it rain).

mykhel13
14-04-2005, 04:33 PM
I don't intend to start a war between the bros here but I have some words of wisdom to share...
As a JB local, I am quite sad to hear about how a lot of you got ripped off, robbed or whatever negative experiences you have to share. But there is one point I want to make. Most of the time, you can actually avoid all this trouble.
You see, I have my fair share of run ins with Sporeans... Sometimes you must realise that different countries do things different way. If you expect to come to JB and act in your own way, then you are standing out like a beacon to the rest of the world to "Come F*** Me". For example, don't stand at roadside or near restaurants and conduct "meeting" in English at maximum volume. This is straight give away that you are Singaporean. Sometimes Malaysians feel like Sporeans like to show off this way, but I feel is just a matter of culture. You guys are used to it. So if I am a crook who happen to be around there, straight away I will target you.
I suppose what I am trying to say is keep your eyes and ears open and don't assume this is Singapore because it is not... Things are done differently here. Try to blend in if possible.
Maybe you guys don't know how to 'read' the situation or just not in-tune yet. Sure we know crime is everywhere but I've been living here for 32 years but I have never gotten robbed (touch wood!) though I've encountered soem Ah Bengs. When dealing with Ah Bengs, always eat humble pie. It's just not worth it.
I am not here to judge anyone but from my observations, I believe it is just a matter of adjusting to the situation here. Just like how I would adjust to the situation in Spore when I am there...

youngboy_jb
14-04-2005, 05:06 PM
mykhel,

I agree with you. I am a malaysian who have studied in singapore for approx 10 years. Right now, i am in US, and sad to say, some singaporean (majority are ok) really do not know how to blend into the environment.

In my 20+ years in malaysia, i have never been robbed or whatsoever (touch wood!) even when i dressed up nicely or drive a nice car. Several comments made in this post has shown that conflicts are partially caused by them, and can be avoided at all cost.

Cheers and enjoy bonking

MachoDevilX
14-04-2005, 09:44 PM
I don't intend to start a war between the bros here but I have some words of wisdom to share...
As a JB local, I am quite sad to hear about how a lot of you got ripped off, robbed or whatever negative experiences you have to share. But there is one point I want to make. Most of the time, you can actually avoid all this trouble.
You see, I have my fair share of run ins with Sporeans... Sometimes you must realise that different countries do things different way. If you expect to come to JB and act in your own way, then you are standing out like a beacon to the rest of the world to "Come F*** Me". For example, don't stand at roadside or near restaurants and conduct "meeting" in English at maximum volume. This is straight give away that you are Singaporean. Sometimes Malaysians feel like Sporeans like to show off this way, but I feel is just a matter of culture. You guys are used to it. So if I am a crook who happen to be around there, straight away I will target you.
I suppose what I am trying to say is keep your eyes and ears open and don't assume this is Singapore because it is not... Things are done differently here. Try to blend in if possible.
Maybe you guys don't know how to 'read' the situation or just not in-tune yet. Sure we know crime is everywhere but I've been living here for 32 years but I have never gotten robbed (touch wood!) though I've encountered soem Ah Bengs. When dealing with Ah Bengs, always eat humble pie. It's just not worth it.
I am not here to judge anyone but from my observations, I believe it is just a matter of adjusting to the situation here. Just like how I would adjust to the situation in Spore when I am there...

I agree with you up to a certain extent. Of course it's better for us to blend into the environment whenever we are at foreign land. But then it also depends on language. I believe that not many Singaporeans know how to speak Malay. And from what I have noticed, most of the coffeeshop waitress are either Malay or Indonesian... Hence, when asking for orders and pricing, this again will allow others to know that you are not local. And Singaporeans will definitely speak English to them since they are not Chinese.

And for those who got rob or get their bikes/car stolen, I believe that this is regardless of whether the owner is a Malaysian or foreigner. For the stealing of car/ bikes, It really depends on the vehicles itself on whether the spare parts are of market values. And I believe that you cannot deny the fact that the police officers in Malaysia are generally "bochap" and low efficient. But for these, we can't blame them since how much does the government pay them? The petite pay doesn't motivate them at all to face the criminals, somemore risking their lifes. And as for bribing, if they don't accept bribes, how are they going to survive in JB. And in my opinion, to a lot of Singaporeans, the things in JB might be cheap. But to the Malaysians who work and stay in JB, it is really expensive. And I mean really "EX".

:cool:

Matthias
14-04-2005, 10:12 PM
I was there at Jb yesterday. went to scout ocean hotel and i swear that security at wong ah fook has stepped up. i see noe less than 2 patrols of policman. one patrol near the bee chiang xiang, another neasr the merlin tower behind - 7 eleven there. each patrol got 3 policeman. seems safe to me but no good for cheonging lar....

MachoDevilX
14-04-2005, 10:57 PM
I was there at Jb yesterday. went to scout ocean hotel and i swear that security at wong ah fook has stepped up. i see noe less than 2 patrols of policman. one patrol near the bee chiang xiang, another neasr the merlin tower behind - 7 eleven there. each patrol got 3 policeman. seems safe to me but no good for cheonging lar....

Yup.. I was there few days ago as well and seen quite a lot of police there.. But then, I still saw fights break up there. And the police just watch only... As for whether the police got catch them, I won't know since I have already left the scene...
:rolleyes:

Jack177
14-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Talk about feeling secured. Today New Paper reported robber trys to rob man in coffee shop. Fortunately gun cannot fire and robber got hamtam. People in the coffe shop also help. I guess better don't go to JB for a while.

dathinman
15-04-2005, 12:19 AM
Talk about feeling secured. Today New Paper reported robber trys to rob man in coffee shop. Fortunately gun cannot fire and robber got hamtam. People in the coffe shop also help. I guess better don't go to JB for a while.

Actually, I don't think the present crime situation in JB is much different from what it has always been. :)

youngboy_jb
15-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Actually, I don't think the present crime situation in JB is much different from what it has always been. :)

hahaha..i am sad to agree with you on this one. bros...if visit JB, try not to drive RX 300, Harrier, or any toyota,nissan models....i love my family cars...cos no 1 wanna steal..cos no 2nd hand market..but of course.. we have to face tat freaking fast rate of depreciation

mykhel13
15-04-2005, 03:29 PM
I think I see a business opportunity here...

If Singapore brudders afraid of the security and crime in JB but still want to cheong here coz of attractive mei-meis, exchange rate and good food, why not some of the Malaysian brudders become your special tour guide?
Heck, we can organize to pick u guys from the Causeway, go for fun all nite long and then send you back to the Causeway... payment wise up to brudders to negotiate.
This way we can solve a few problems at once... Singaporean brudders can cheong in peace while Malaysian brudders can teach you all about JB. Then malaysian brudders can earn some side income and we can promote goodwill among both countries! How? Good suggestion? ;)

DeVegas
15-04-2005, 03:54 PM
I agree with you up to a certain extent. Of course it's better for us to blend into the environment whenever we are at foreign land. But then it also depends on language. I believe that not many Singaporeans know how to speak Malay. And from what I have noticed, most of the coffeeshop waitress are either Malay or Indonesian... Hence, when asking for orders and pricing, this again will allow others to know that you are not local. And Singaporeans will definitely speak English to them since they are not Chinese.

And for those who got rob or get their bikes/car stolen, I believe that this is regardless of whether the owner is a Malaysian or foreigner. For the stealing of car/ bikes, It really depends on the vehicles itself on whether the spare parts are of market values. And I believe that you cannot deny the fact that the police officers in Malaysia are generally "bochap" and low efficient. But for these, we can't blame them since how much does the government pay them? The petite pay doesn't motivate them at all to face the criminals, somemore risking their lifes. And as for bribing, if they don't accept bribes, how are they going to survive in JB. And in my opinion, to a lot of Singaporeans, the things in JB might be cheap. But to the Malaysians who work and stay in JB, it is really expensive. And I mean really "EX".

:cool:

Well said Bro MachoDevilX! *clap* *clap* *clap*, three claps for you.

Being a Singaporean who travels in and out of JB almost daily due to my work and family. I have to say, sometime is the way that some inconsiderate Singaporean who are inviting the troubles to their doorstep.

In actual fact, I do agree that not all Singaporean speaks Malay but they still can hold the conversation in other dialects, like Hokkien, Cantonese and even Mandarin rite? By speaking that manner, people will not think they you are a Singaporean. Don't talk and laugh loudly along the way when you are walking or sitting down in coffe shops, restaurant, fast food chain, etc.

As for the law enforcers, really cannot blame them. There is some good guys around, but they won't last long as they will normally not get hands from their buddies. Then not for long they will join the gang and be one of them that is on the take liao as if not they will be lonely with no friends, no help and boss will not recommend them for promo, unless he have real strong backing or lucky (maciam like in the movie like that, but it is real).

My piece of advise for JB is that, just dress simple, try to blend into it and be as local as possible, don't show your gold watch, gold chain, keep you money safe, don't stand at the road side (beside the money changer) and starts counting your money, look at the money changer when they do the count in their little box. park you car properly in the proper parking space in mall, don't park in dark corners, don't walk in dark lanes, don't get into unnecessary heated argument with those "Ah Bengs", keep you eyes, nose, etc. wide open and you should be quite safe liao lah.....

Just my 0.02 cents worth. :)

Computer
15-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Hi guys,

thanks to all the advise from some of the bros. i would like to give my opnions.

as much as we want to blend in with the locals and hide our SG identity, there are limits to what we can do. for example, certain transactions, like renting a car, we have to produce a photo ID....but we do not have any M'sian ID. what to do?

another bro mentioned, most s'porean can't speak malay, but they can always speak mandarin, hokkien, cantonese, etc with the locals. True, but.......althought we speak the same language, we speak with different accent, different slang. this is something that cannot change overnight. what to do?

someone also mentioned, we cannot blame the policemen for being the way they are. my question: dun blame them, blame who? they chose to be like that. the problem is not with the environment. the problem is not with the culture. the problem is not with the salary. the problem is not with anything. the problem is with the policemen themselves...because it is THEY who made the police environment this way. it is THEY who made the police culture this way. it is THEY who chose to join the police force and get this salary. so, blame who?

youngboy_jb
16-04-2005, 02:26 AM
computer..

you try surviving with RM 1000 a mth in jb..its not easy at all. I am not trying to defend the policeman. In fact, i wish our policeman are as good as singapore's police...but well..they need to live and eat.

My 0.0002 conclusion: most singaporean are very well-behaved..but the super small minority caused troubles...and singapore media is blowing everything out of proportion.

BLUESMAN
16-04-2005, 03:14 AM
I think there has been enough talk about the bad things happening in JB. It is not as if these things never happen in any other towns or cities or country. If the situation is so bad then why bother going. Southern towns in Thailand are having problem with bombing incidents at the moment so do you still want to go? If you think the fun is worth it then go but don't come back with a missing leg or arm and complain that the security is bad.

So if the safety for visitors to JB is that lousy why not have fun in your own backyard where for sure you know the security is first class. Don't mean to offend anybody here in the forum whether contributing to this thread or not.

xiaoqiang
16-04-2005, 03:15 AM
althought i'm born in malaysia & in jb somemore but to me...jb has changed... it's de goverment issue that they did not ORDER de police man to work like how our (Singapore) goverment did...so wat to do? we can't point our finger @ those policeman thru... AgreE?

viewsonic
16-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Emmm....

JB police can be "kelong" one. Sometimes when scanning thru d porno disc in d shop along Ah fook street. Will see some plain cloth police in the shop also chit chatting with the shop owner after a while, he will walk out with some of this discs without paying.....

To me, JB police look more like security guard.... Their look, dressing and behaviour just not right.
Not like the police we see in Singapore and Thailand.
I personnelly felt that Thai police look the best (Saw couples of them when i was having my holiday with my wife in Bangkok). They look fierce n fit.

useeone
16-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Emmm....

JB police can be "kelong" one. Sometimes when scanning thru d porno disc in d shop along Ah fook street. Will see some plain cloth police in the shop also chit chatting with the shop owner after a while, he will walk out with some of this discs without paying.....

To me, JB police look more like security guard.... Their look, dressing and behaviour just not right.
Not like the police we see in Singapore and Thailand.
I personnelly felt that Thai police look the best (Saw couples of them when i was having my holiday with my wife in Bangkok). They look fierce n fit.

exactly, best of all 60% of them can speak english & Tourist Police r the ones we can rely on when touring in Thailand, & also no radical issues.

Computer
16-04-2005, 11:01 AM
computer..

you try surviving with RM 1000 a mth in jb..its not easy at all. I am not trying to defend the policeman. In fact, i wish our policeman are as good as singapore's police...but well..they need to live and eat.
thanks for your response.

like i already said, it is THEY who chose to join the police force and get this kind of salary. it is THEIR choice. they have other choices but they chose this one. if they dun like the pay they can always find other work. or they can be a policeman plus do some moonlighting or parttime work. yes, moonlighting could be illegal for civil servants, but at least it is "less illegal" than taking bribes, and it doesn't hurt anybody. my point is, there are 1001 ways of earning a living, but THEY chose to stay in their comfort zone and do things this way. Keywords: "THEY CHOSE".

Computer
16-04-2005, 11:08 AM
I think there has been enough talk about the bad things happening in JB. It is not as if these things never happen in any other towns or cities or country. If the situation is so bad then why bother going. Southern towns in Thailand are having problem with bombing incidents at the moment so do you still want to go? If you think the fun is worth it then go but don't come back with a missing leg or arm and complain that the security is bad.

So if the safety for visitors to JB is that lousy why not have fun in your own backyard where for sure you know the security is first class. Don't mean to offend anybody here in the forum whether contributing to this thread or not.
hi,

if we go to a country and come back with a missing leg or arm caused by criminals or terrorists, then it is a FACT that the security there is bad. if it is good, things like that won't happen. agree? so, if it's a fact, why can't we complain? its not like we are making up stories.

thank you.

shctaw
16-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Hi all big brothers out there.

I am thinking about buying a property (condo) in JB.

Any brothers can tell me which area should I look for so that I will not get into trouble easily.

Budget around RM$300K.

I want to buy but after reading all the horror stories, I need to find a better location in JB.

Thanks in advance. :)

Regards

t123
16-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Anyone read the TNP today, two bro went JB for makan, knn, while on board the dar was threatened by a beggar who held a syringe. They gave him 10RM out of fear that the syringe might contain funny stuff or used by HIV carrier. Wah lan, not s'porean get suck dry by massuses in blue wave, eden, new york of lion city etc, now have to be suck dry by crimminals.

youngboy_jb
16-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Hi all big brothers out there.

I am thinking about buying a property (condo) in JB.

Any brothers can tell me which area should I look for so that I will not get into trouble easily.

Budget around RM$300K.

I want to buy but after reading all the horror stories, I need to find a better location in JB.

Thanks in advance. :)

Regards

JB area dont have a lot of new developments. Go for

1) Aloha Tower (old, but very reliable)
2) Forgot the name...its behind hyatt hotel..in sky blue.
3) Cheaper...havent been built, its BESIDE hyatt hotel..smaller units.. range from 400++ sq ft to 1300 i think

4) Molek Pines (In tmn molek, abit far from town, but nice area)

other potential developments

1) danga bay

Hakoshu
16-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Simple guys.. Just be abit streetwise, and stays with the crowd.. The risks will be lower.. I had been going in and out of jb... yet nothing happened to me(Touchwood) hehe :)

shctaw
16-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the tip. Thank you bro youngboy_jb

:)

shctaw
16-04-2005, 03:16 PM
danga bay will be very nice when fully developed.

It is built like Gold Coast.

youngboy_jb
16-04-2005, 03:30 PM
danga bay will be very nice when fully developed.

It is built like Gold Coast.

dont buy that story brother....why i know? cos me and my family are deeply involved in the project...

go for Aloha or the 1 behind Hyatt..

they might be old, but they are one of the safest in a very good area.

Mr.romance
16-04-2005, 04:08 PM
aiyah i think "wayang" only lah...(play acting)..I can guarantee once u gana robbed they will pretend they didnt see until the robbers MIA leow...

viewsonic
16-04-2005, 07:04 PM
aiyah i think "wayang" only lah...(play acting)..I can guarantee once u gana robbed they will pretend they didnt see until the robbers MIA leow...

Hahaha, I'm totally agree.... :D

They're onli good at towing away people bikes and cars......

etch
16-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Hahaha, I'm totally agree.... :D

They're onli good at towing away people bikes and cars......
thats not police.. thats municipal fellow la.. :p

etch
16-04-2005, 07:13 PM
dont buy that story brother....why i know? cos me and my family are deeply involved in the project...

go for Aloha or the 1 behind Hyatt..

they might be old, but they are one of the safest in a very good area.
Aloha is nice & safe place... but if u have investment in ur mind.. it's not a good place.. After the Japs left due to economic crisis back then. the rental rate dropped from 6k to around 1k nowadays.. But if u wanna buy for weekends getaway.. go ahead..

dathinman
17-04-2005, 02:25 AM
hahaha..i am sad to agree with you on this one. bros...if visit JB, try not to drive RX 300, Harrier, or any toyota,nissan models....i love my family cars...cos no 1 wanna steal..cos no 2nd hand market..but of course.. we have to face tat freaking fast rate of depreciation

That's what I was thinking. JB crime level is about the same as before, not going up or going down much.

I was wondering why poor_jb wrote "Please be warned that JB town NO MORE SAFE". Was JB ever "safe"?????

Take a look at recent crimes in JB (a few years ago).
- Singapore restaurant owner or wife was killed in JB during robbery
- Singapore car owner was shot to death at petrol station near immigration.
- Malaysian Police inspector or high ranking official murdered at home during robbery.

This might be tasteless, but no one died recently (except a robber) so why the fuss?

Ken yeang
17-04-2005, 03:02 AM
That is very true bro. Everyday there are news that ppl get killed, some becoz of very minor problem. I sometimes wonder what happened to JB oso. Sometimes, I think it is just bcoz of bad luck, unlucky ppl being at the wrong place, at the wrong time and meeting up with the wrong ppl. Shit happen. Sigh......... :o

sropau
17-04-2005, 03:08 AM
sad to say this....i never like JB and have never step into JB for Years!!! why??? this is bcos many years back while i was still studying in secondary school....me and my fellow kakis in school went to JB for shopping! we used to go there quite frequently...until one day...8 of us!!! you see..."8 of us" were gana robbed by a group of gangster in JB!!! after that bad experience...i swear to myself...i will never step into JB again!! :mad:

viewsonic
17-04-2005, 08:10 AM
sad to say this....i never like JB and have never step into JB for Years!!! why??? this is bcos many years back while i was still studying in secondary school....:

Me different, although i always condemn d JB police "under performance" and d robbery incidents in JB, i still visit JB very frequently.

Becos i stay in Woodland area. It's more faster for my to travel to JB than to Spore City area... N i can always updates my DVD collections. :D

As what Hakushu said, " Just be abit streetwise, and stays with the crowd" They should minimize your chances of being robbed. :)

youngboy_jb
17-04-2005, 08:14 AM
sad to say this....i never like JB and have never step into JB for Years!!! why??? this is bcos many years back while i was still studying in secondary school....me and my fellow kakis in school went to JB for shopping! we used to go there quite frequently...until one day...8 of us!!! you see..."8 of us" were gana robbed by a group of gangster in JB!!! after that bad experience...i swear to myself...i will never step into JB again!! :mad:

if you think this was bad...my fren (small size singaporean male, in JC) went to causeway point..and guess wat...someone from our secondary school try to extort money from him...hahaha..wat a joke..getting extorted from your junior....

viewsonic
17-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Question:

My fellow JB pals, would like to check with u lot.

Extorting and robbing of Singaporeans and their vehicles seem veri common in JB. Does these kind of incident happen to Malaysians also?

XiaoHoUzi83
17-04-2005, 01:20 PM
all got keep 11b right?
juz show them the 11b lahx...
heard that it works in a old thread...
lolx

shctaw
17-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Will consider ALOHA Tower, think of buying a JB street directory first.

Is there a website that have very detail JB map?

Any bro know about such website that work like the Singapore Street Directory?

My 2 cents on crime in JB.

Singapore is a extremely safe heaven, therefore when we step oversea to Bangkok, JB, KL, Italy, France etc etc we feel very unsecure.

Singapore is a very small country to manage. We can be compare with Vatican a even smaller place to manage where there is very low crime rate.

Everytime I step oversea and when I return, I told myself Singapore is still the best place to stay. But after a while backside itchy again and still looking to go oversea again.

Any bros who do not agree, please let me off the hook. I am new.

youngboy_jb
17-04-2005, 02:22 PM
one of my family friend tried to implement GPS navigation for malaysia a few years ago....his business flop after a few years....reason? cos malaysia roads always change..hahah...if u drive according to map..u might end up in the middle of nowhere..

JackieWong
19-04-2005, 01:41 AM
In Malaysia u kanna rob by ppl illegally with gun, knife or now even needle but in sillypore u kanna rob by our government PAP legally with pen like COE, HDB, taxes and many many more i rather rob in Malaysia

Malaysian Datuk
19-04-2005, 01:45 AM
In Malaysia u kanna rob by ppl illegally with gun, knife or now even needle but in sillypore u kanna rob by our government PAP legally with pen like COE, HDB, taxes and many many more i rather rob in Malaysia
well said bro......now got 2 more casinos...opps i mean IRs coming up to rob more from us

JackieWong
19-04-2005, 01:51 AM
Yup casino sillyporean muz pay 100 bucks to go WTF??? Sillypore 2nd class???might as well go batam or genting casino

xiaoqiang
19-04-2005, 04:40 AM
yea... de $100 can be well spend for transport and maybe a few meals @ genting... guess singapore only aim for tourist to gam and not local to gamble... :rolleyes:

viewsonic
19-04-2005, 06:00 AM

Which one is more destructive?
The robbery in Malaysia will hurt u in physically.
They robbery in Singapore will hurt u more in mentally. :D

jas1800
19-04-2005, 09:09 AM
I can understand how every brothers here feel, no more foreign investment coming to singapore to invest in manufacturing and other low-end products how are singaporean going to survivie through this years. So the decision to build 2 casinos at one time is a need (Sorry dun mistaken I am not a PAP supporter). Yes, i think it will bring great impact to many singporean here inlcuding the Indian, Chinese, Malayu and others.......

But more PRC will be on their way here to let you fuck .hahahahahah...and you can be more selective...........

Which one is more destructive?
The robbery in Malaysia will hurt u in physically.
They robbery in Singapore will hurt u more in mentally. :D

nabeh123
19-04-2005, 03:49 PM
I think I see a business opportunity here...

If Singapore brudders afraid of the security and crime in JB but still want to cheong here coz of attractive mei-meis, exchange rate and good food, why not some of the Malaysian brudders become your special tour guide?
Heck, we can organize to pick u guys from the Causeway, go for fun all nite long and then send you back to the Causeway... payment wise up to brudders to negotiate.
This way we can solve a few problems at once... Singaporean brudders can cheong in peace while Malaysian brudders can teach you all about JB. Then malaysian brudders can earn some side income and we can promote goodwill among both countries! How? Good suggestion?
Good idea here :D How come no one support bro mykhel13???

nabeh123
19-04-2005, 03:51 PM
1) Aloha Tower (old, but very reliable)
2) Forgot the name...its behind hyatt hotel..in sky blue.
3) Cheaper...havent been built, its BESIDE hyatt hotel..smaller units.. range from 400++ sq ft to 1300 i think
4) Molek Pines (In tmn molek, abit far from town, but nice area)

Where is this Aloha Tower??? :confused:

mykhel13
19-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Where is this Aloha Tower??? :confused:

If I am not wrong, this Aloha Tower is on the right of Hyatt Hotel. It's not next to it but just go along the road and you will see it. The one behind Hyatt Hotel is called Habitat.

As for my earlier post... ya, how come no bros wanna support this idea? :confused:

admirer09
19-04-2005, 08:42 PM
i believe that a lot of cheongsters like me know quite a number of places there already soo may not need any guidance as to where to have fun ... the only drawback is how we cheong SAFELY and come back to Sillypoer without any harm ~ :cool:

Computer
20-04-2005, 12:05 AM
But more PRC will be on their way here to let you fuck .hahahahahah...and you can be more selective...........
u r damn right man! where there's a casino, the will be FLs. the phrase "Macau type of service" is used to describe excellent service in the FL forum. hopefully we can have our very own "Singapore type of service" one day. :D

draken
29-04-2005, 11:04 PM

hahahahah true... btw recently a colleague of mine had an encounter near the mama shop located opp malaysian checkpt..a male chinese holding one injection needle claiming to contain aids virus extorting money... motorcyclist pls take note.