PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Robbery!

E-Moron
15-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Harlowz brothers. Juz wanna mebe remind the brothers out there of the increasing crime rate of robberies in JB esp. at nite.. Do exercise caution when walking around n pls travel in a big group n avoid dark places n short cuts... me, being the newbie tt 1 am.. came 2 realise this point.. the hard way... Many have warned be4 but i thought would neva happened 2 mi.. until...
So juz hope the brothers here will take care while having d fun of their lives! Thanks~

nabeh123
16-02-2005, 11:37 AM
wat happened?

asdfghjkl
16-02-2005, 11:43 AM
yep.. me interested in the FR too.. warn bros not to go alone..

E-Moron
16-02-2005, 03:42 PM
yep.. me interested in the FR too.. warn bros not to go alone..

Thanks bros 4 d concern~ Might b quite inconvinent (due to many unseen circumstances?) so mebe juz PM me n i'll PM u back d FR n wat happened.. Currently resting wound at home.. Heard from many authorites about the incresing crime rates n the syndicate tt is slowly forming up in JB. Even ppl topping up fuel in petrol Koisk oso kanna! Do exercise caution bros... It REALLY can happen 2 ANY1... Like i've learnt...

Doggiestyle
16-02-2005, 06:06 PM
.. Currently resting wound at home.. about the incresing crime rates n the syndicate tt is slowly forming up in JB. Even ppl topping up fuel in petrol Koisk oso kanna! Do exercise caution bros... It REALLY can happen 2 ANY1...

Gd to hear that u made it out alive! Anyway, think that it's always good to be 'streetwise'. It doesn't necessarily have to be 'open game' if u exercise a bit of caution.
Do not be 'flashy' in appearance and attitude, keep money in several places (in case u get mugged, just give RM50 u set aside in one of the pockets to them), try not to bring a wallet, if possible, keep passports safe (try using a waist pouch), use a cheap watch, move in larger groups in lighted areas, try using a cab, etc.... and the list goes on.
Have travelled extensively and even in places like US and Holland, people have tried extorting money and even trying to exchange counterfeit money with me. But managed to manoeuver myself out of all this without much difficulties.
The abv is just some of the many ways i have used whenever i travel. It has served me well.
Anyway, tks bro E-Moron for sharing& hope u recover soon. Cheers!!

E-Moron
16-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Gd to hear that u made it out alive! Anyway, think that it's always good to be 'streetwise'. It doesn't necessarily have to be 'open game' if u exercise a bit of caution.
Do not be 'flashy' in appearance and attitude, keep money in several places (in case u get mugged, just give RM50 u set aside in one of the pockets to them), try not to bring a wallet, if possible, keep passports safe (try using a waist pouch), use a cheap watch, move in larger groups in lighted areas, try using a cab, etc.... and the list goes on.
Have travelled extensively and even in places like US and Holland, people have tried extorting money and even trying to exchange counterfeit money with me. But managed to manoeuver myself out of all this without much difficulties.
The abv is just some of the many ways i have used whenever i travel. It has served me well.
Anyway, tks bro E-Moron for sharing& hope u recover soon. Cheers!!

Thanks bro Doggystyle ~ Recovering well now, was told i was really really lucky by the doctor that the knife went in sideways and juz cut alittle of my left lung, if ti went in whole i would have....

Best is not to bring passport along. IC also best is keep safe inside the hotel. Handphone put on your body beta.. If not like me, Everytink inside the pouch, they took the pouch, everytink gone...

Sunshine
16-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks bro Doggystyle ~ Recovering well now, was told i was really really lucky by the doctor that the knife went in sideways and juz cut alittle of my left lung, if ti went in whole i would have....

Best is not to bring passport along. IC also best is keep safe inside the hotel. Handphone put on your body beta.. If not like me, Everytink inside the pouch, they took the pouch, everytink gone...

Thanks for the reminder / warning it will be useful for everyone .
Wishing u speedy recovery and take care my friend .

:D

inventry
16-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Agreed with bro e-moron abt robbery in the petrol kiosk..... my fren kana at the caltex station after topping petrol for his motor bike.... while doing that he was robbed of $16 he have with him.....

fish76
16-02-2005, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=E-Moron]Thanks bros 4 d concern~ Heard from many authorites about the incresing crime rates n the syndicate tt is slowly forming up in JB.

Alamak, darn suay. But heng, bo tai zi. Dun worry, when ur luck is down, the only way it can go is up from now on.

Well, if u must go JB at night, go to crowded and well lit places. No dodgy, quiet and dark places.

MachoDevilX
16-02-2005, 11:25 PM

Glad that you are recovering well. I will find that it's actually purely "Heng Suay"... No doubt that JB is very unsafe but then most importantly is also to keep away the $$ out of the sight of other people.... If you are always inside, dress like the locals and no one will recognise you as Singaporean. I usually have two wallet whenever I am inside just be sure that even if I was robbed, I still have some $$ to go home... But of course most importantly is to keep the 2 wallets at separate places...

:cool:

BLUESMAN
17-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your experience in JB Bro E-Moron. That was the town I spent my childhood before I came to live and work in KL. It used to be such a nice and quiet town those days but not any longer as I have been told. The situation is getting from bad to worse. Whenever I am there which is not very often, I do get the feeling that it is not safe.

Do take care all those who go to JB for some fun.

berg51
17-02-2005, 04:03 AM
Thanks bros 4 d concern~ Might b quite inconvinent (due to many unseen circumstances?) so mebe juz PM me n i'll PM u back d FR n wat happened..

You're being robbed in JB! It's not your fault unless you did something not proper and don't want to tell.

cheers

Nakata6
17-02-2005, 11:46 AM

Bro E-moron, I feel your pain.. sigh .. JB is getting from bad to worse.. Had a incident happened to a mate of mine.. And it happened while he was driving.. He was coming back from PG (JB racing track) late at night about 2plus.. when he notice a group of 10 bikers (1 rider 1 passanger) following him from behind(out from nowhere, he thinks that they could be hiding from somewhere till they find a willing target) . He decided to speed up and then trouble happened.. The bikers caught up and drove up beside both the side of the car and sudden, THEY USED their bike helmet and started hitting his window.. Thank god that his window didnt smash at that time and only left a crack on both side of his car windows.. Anyway, lucky his car wasn't a stock car (modded civic) he just dropped his gear and left them behind (another blessing in disguise - having a pretty quick car :P).. Well guys, as you can see, it can happen anywhere in malaysia, even on a moving car... just plain sad..

So bros who drive up, pls make sure that all your windows are up and doors are locked when on the highway.. unless like me , no air-con.. LL drive in your sweat ... and i always make sure that I carry at least 2 umbrella and 2 baseball bat in the car (always tell custom that I'm a baseballer .. :D )..

Well bro, just be really careful when in malaysia now-a-days..

Cheers

Nakata

darcbleu
17-02-2005, 01:00 PM
wah, all bros must really be cautious in JB, one of my pals also kena robbed near holiday plaza few years back, got stolen all his $$ and HP.The police there also cannot do anything when they reported later.

lcwleslie
17-02-2005, 04:42 PM
...at least 2 umbrella and 2 baseball bat in the car (always tell custom that I'm a baseballer .. :D )..
Nakata

Just make sure you used that ONLY in self-defense. It won't be nice to see your face published for Road Rage...HEHEHE :D

lcwleslie
17-02-2005, 04:47 PM
...always good to be 'streetwise'...

YEAH! "STREETWISE" is the word. The other word is be "HUMBLE".

Doggiestyle
17-02-2005, 05:07 PM

Bro E-Moron, the waist pouch i mentioned is not those u wear on the outside of your clothes but rather those u tie to your stomach/waist area but concealed under your clothes (they do sell those that can be concealed at the waist band of your pants also).

Cannot don't bring passport la!! Most of the times bros cheong into JB just for a couple of hours only and not ON. On the other hand u don't need your IC cos u already have your passport. So u can leave it at home.
Btw, i have my HP set to a couple of quick dial numbers of close friends and relatives.

E-Moron
17-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Bro E-Moron, the waist pouch i mentioned is not those u wear on the outside of your clothes but rather those u tie to your stomach/waist area but concealed under your clothes (they do sell those that can be concealed at the waist band of your pants also).

Cannot don't bring passport la!! Most of the times bros cheong into JB just for a couple of hours only and not ON. On the other hand u don't need your IC cos u already have your passport. So u can leave it at home.
Btw, i have my HP set to a couple of quick dial numbers of close friends and relatives.

Thanks for the info bro Doggiestyle! Will keep tt in mind, not tt i'm ever gg into JB anymore... Yes, dun bring ur IC, coz u oreadi have ur passport... and best is to either have a list of impt phone numbers of relatives or friends or memorise these numbers by heart... Coz when d incident happened, i couldnt
call any1 else except two persons tt i remembered their numbers.... Coz when they take ur handphone...

JBCheongster
17-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Though it's very true that you should be streetwise and humble but once they target you, even if the police station is just opposite u, u can also kanna rob by them. Robbers in Malaysia is not as tame as those in Sillypore, those robbers are ruthless. Only advise here is to dress and act like a local and dun ever show off your money. Sometimes, even if the police happens to see the robbery, they might just act blur because they also scared wat.
For me boh bian leh, mi gf there so no choice must go. :(

youngboy_jb
17-02-2005, 11:29 PM
as a johorean..i feel sad to seee jb be described as such a terrible place..i do admit that the situation is pretty bad..but being there for 20++ years..nothing happened to me..touch wood.

i think as all bros here pointed out..be careful..go to well lit place...dun try to save 2 sgd by parking at some crappy places..park at those carwash...also..always know the place you are going... the local police sucks....sorry to say that =(

Doggiestyle
18-02-2005, 12:22 AM
Though it's very true that you should be streetwise and humble but once they target you, even if the police station is just opposite u, u can also kanna rob by them. Robbers in Malaysia is not as tame as those in Sillypore, those robbers are ruthless. Only advise here is to dress and act like a local and dun ever show off your money.

True bro JBC. Some people call it 'destiny', some people call it 'luck' (or rather the lack of it!) but i also call it 'Murphy's Law'. If it can happen, it will happen. We just need to minimise the possibility of it happening thru precautions we can take.

A believer,
DS ;)

lcwleslie
18-02-2005, 01:08 AM
... you should be streetwise and humble but once they target you...

Being streetwise and humble...often attract less attention... :cool:

sugardad
18-02-2005, 03:46 PM
I hav lived in JB for coming to 10 years now, all I had was 1 break-in, never got robbed, pocket picked, bullied, or anything at all.

What you need to know is to avoid places that are black listed. Don't be too flashy or go around the world telling you are sillypore and demand respect, demand better service . Two very frequent remark I always heard " Sillypore not like this" or " Money no problem" . Sorry hor, u are in another country.

U should take a read the Ocean thread, see any body there got robbed. They all know what to do when to go and what to say. Learn from the old birds there.

If you want to know, I am a well behave Sillyporean.

Nakata6
22-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Just make sure you used that ONLY in self-defense. It won't be nice to see your face published for Road Rage...HEHEHE :D

hehe. I only attack when disturbed.. Like my little cobra i have.. only react when touched :D

XiaoHoUzi83
22-02-2005, 12:38 PM
for me i always walk dark dark places.. so far nothing bad has happened to me....

but if i were u... i would fight... maybe is stupid...
but i think is more stupid to surrender my money.....
unless i really cornered la...
but my money always not in my wallet..
also for PASSPOrt.. PLEASE KEEP IT with u always!...
HOTELS definately NOT safe.....

my 2 cents

fatty_bastard
22-02-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm a frequent visitor to johor,and i have a house and car there. I visit johor almost every weekend.Luckily nothing bad has happened to me so far,as i always like taking the short cuts at dark places. After reading all ur posts, i would definately be more careful.Honestly,these posts kinda freaked me out. i heard recently that even malaysian cars get targeted by those muggers!

nabeh123
22-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Bro E-M,
Have got ur PM
U r damn suay to encounter this, but at the same time very lucky to stay alive.
Hope u get well soon!

E-Moron
22-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Bro E-M,
Have got ur PM
U r damn suay to encounter this, but at the same time very lucky to stay alive.
Hope u get well soon!

Thanks bro nabeh123 and all bros that have showed concern for me! Thank you all so much! Well me now recovering well, tml taking up the F-up 'sewing" dey did for me in the WW2 hospital.. Sg doctors said the "sewing" is very F-up, might have trouble taking out.. haiz.. Juz waiting for full recovery so i can chong again! But ORDed from JB scene ever since~ Thanks again! and do take care all bros!

lcwleslie
22-02-2005, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=fatty_bastard]...as i always like taking the short cuts at dark places...QUOTE]

Hi Bastard :eek:,

Short cuts in the "kampung areas" tend to be a lot safer than bright roads. Those muggers tend to stay away from these kampungs...I think you would only most likely find spectators...rather than helpers in the bright roads...should any unfortunate things happen. Mark my word.

The HELL lot of different if the same happen in kampung areas. :cool:

nabeh123
22-02-2005, 03:25 PM
But ORDed from JB scene ever since~ Thanks again! and do take care all bros!
Sad to hear that u going to retire from JB scene...... Maybe next time u go but dont go alone, with ur frens or other samsters? then that wld be safer at least can have some "zhao ying"

E-Moron
22-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Sad to hear that u going to retire from JB scene...... Maybe next time u go but dont go alone, with ur frens or other samsters? then that wld be safer at least can have some "zhao ying"

Neh.. I'm really ORD-ing with no reservice from the JB scene... Got banned oso from friends n family.. Got dem too worried and dun wanna create, if suay again, yet another tradgey.. It would b nice to mit up wif sum samsters for the local scene though~ :D But i'm realli a newbie, in SBF and in the scene of GL, WL and LSB.. Have oni did 2 gers!!! So newbie rite! Need plently of guidance from the experienced bros! Yoroshiku ~

Sorry but a bro up my points and asked me for the story but didnt leave his name.. Thanks bro, can i noe who u r so i can PM u the scope? thanks! ~

nabeh123
22-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Sorry but a bro up my points and asked me for the story but didnt leave his name.. Thanks bro, can i noe who u r so i can PM u the scope? thanks! ~
Hehe i did rep u today but didnt ask for the story so not me :p

E-Moron
22-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Hehe i did rep u today but didnt ask for the story so not me :p

Thanks bro nabeh123 for the rep up! ^_^
I knew it wasnt u coz i've PM u the scope be4... hhhmm.. i wonder who.. ~

XiaoHoUzi83
25-02-2005, 08:47 PM
after posting all the shit how i will avoid robbers...
in the end i ganna rob myself...
lucky only give that bastard 50 bucks...
after i got hostile when he demanded more (he say my stack of 50 bucks...) lolx.. he walked off...

should have juz given him the hammer

E-Moron
25-02-2005, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=XiaoHoUzi83]after posting all the shit how i will avoid robbers...
after i got hostile when he demanded more (he say my stack of 50 bucks...) lolx.. he walked off...

When did tt happen bro? Glad u were alrite man ~ Lucky u oni lost $50...

Lexx
27-02-2005, 09:08 AM
the local police really shake head cmi. but the spas we like to cheong there also run by dark forces which in turn make police incompetent...

Matthias
27-02-2005, 06:46 PM
after posting all the shit how i will avoid robbers...

should have juz given him the hammer

You are ROBERT what! Kena robbed already somemore call me and tell mi! :rolleyes: