PDA

View Full Version : Bankrupt can go JB bo..???

taurus75
10-12-2004, 12:38 PM
brudders , have a question man..pls dun flame me hor...
can ppl with bankruptcy travel to malaysia?

:cool:

taurus75
10-12-2004, 01:13 PM
brudders, pls pardon my ignorance...but can any brudders help here?

MachoDevilX
10-12-2004, 01:17 PM
From what I know, a bankruptcy cannot leave own country... Unless there are any special arrangements, then will be different case...

icekewl
10-12-2004, 01:54 PM
no bro you cannot without the permission of the official assignee

pls dont play a fool - if u kena caught - the sentence is between 1 to 2 weeks JAIL

MelonEater
10-12-2004, 02:09 PM
From what I know, a bankruptcy cannot leave own country... Unless there are any special arrangements, then will be different case...

Go Bluewave, consider special arrangement boh?hehehehe

greatnyc
10-12-2004, 04:28 PM
just apply electronically. you will get the approval online too.

greatnyc
10-12-2004, 04:31 PM
you can apply for approval electronically, you will also receive approval online.

DO_YOU_BJ
11-12-2004, 02:46 AM

All you need is a guarantor to sign on the dotted line to say they paying for everything and the bankrupt fellow not paying a thing. Then can go liao.
No big hassle actually.

V|ernar
11-12-2004, 11:47 AM
they are not allow to leave the country , not allow to borrow money from other .

quite some rulez abt that.

call me lor , you know who i am ~

Yun , V|erNar

RobertHood
13-12-2004, 01:05 PM
From what i know........ a person who is bankrupt will not have his PASSPORT!!

So..... how to go oversea???

Ah Dez
14-12-2004, 02:32 AM

If you are a singaporean..... and a bankrupt.

The only place...... OVERSEAS for you.. is SENTOSA, PULAU UBIN!..

Bankrupt, no passport, not allow to go overseas... not allow to borrow money... not allow to own anything...

Landlord
14-12-2004, 03:04 AM

Again I will comment but lets hope this do not turn into another flaming war. Not true, Bro. Passport will still be with bankrupt.

Ah Dez
14-12-2004, 03:36 AM
tomorrow i ask a BANKRUPT Friend, then we know liao...... :D

Malaysian Datuk
14-12-2004, 10:55 AM

Bankrupt, no passport, not allow to go overseas... not allow to borrow money... not allow to own anything...
hehe bro still got kusu and sisters islands......

Malaysian Datuk
14-12-2004, 10:56 AM
check with bro lesner...he also recently bankrupt (he posted a thread some time back)

Kmine
14-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Well with a bankrupcy, u can still travel. You will need some1 to be your garandtor. Which is almost like bail. For he will need to pay up to like $10k or $20k minimum depend on issues. Atleast that is what i know.

Kmine

Libra
16-12-2004, 03:04 AM

Uncle Dez, since when bankrupt got no passport?! Which era you talking about?

nowadays, bankrupt just keep their passport by their side. They just need to apply for approval from OA for permission for Overseas travel. Unlike normal people, they have to apply 2 weeks advance or approval within 24 hours application for those in the "green" zone" Reasons for overseas travel, usually work will get approval very fast, followed by any other reasons etc.

And when they travel, the immigration don't even know they are bankrupt! But the OA will have access to the bankrupt travel history and will match it accordingly to the approval given.

I hope you don't take it personally but really bankrupt are allowed to keep their passport! If they are rich like that Singaporean Malaysia Datuk who is f**king reached refuse to pay his wife any alimony bankrupt by a local bank for a puny credit card debt and never return to singapore how? legally he's a wanted man but he still can travel freely without passport how? .....

Libra
16-12-2004, 03:06 AM
Well with a bankrupcy, u can still travel. You will need some1 to be your garandtor. Which is almost like bail. For he will need to pay up to like $10k or $20k minimum depend on issues. Atleast that is what i know.

Kmine

No need gurantor la! no peed pay money la! nowadays not so complicated. Bankruptcy isn't doomsday anymore for many. Today, the government had made bankrupts life much much easier. As long as in green zone, everything all very very easy.

greatnyc
16-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Libra is right.

lesnar
16-12-2004, 01:48 PM
My hearing is coming soon, so have to go JB at least once before that.....haizz....

Landlord
16-12-2004, 09:51 PM
My hearing is coming soon, so have to go JB at least once before that.....haizz....

Yeah right!!! Chio you but never turned up. Should have gone bro. We got back to Singapore at about six in the morning. When you planning? See if I can join you this time. ;)

Bro, you realized something funny, got different song. Hmm..... :rolleyes:

wanderer23
16-12-2004, 10:00 PM

Kmine

Really? My friend who was a bankrupt said he need to apply for some kind of exit permit when he needs to go overseas... but then his is working assignment so i think should be no problem... dun tell the government dun want to let him earn his living even though he's bankrupt... but social trips i dunno...

Malaysian Datuk
17-12-2004, 11:25 AM
All the info to clear your doubts.....
A bankrupt needs to apply for permission everytime he needs to travel overseas and needs to submit supporting documents (letters from employers/death certificates of relatives etc). Most of the time permission is granted to those in the green zone (bankrupts who pay monthly instalments on time and submit their Statements of Income & Expenditure every quarter)and these group of people can apply online and get their approval within 24hours and it is almost hassle-free. For those in the red or amber zone, they must apply 2 weeks in advance and permission is usually on a case to case basis. For social visits, bankrupts are only permitted to make a maximum 2 trips per year and the details of the person(s) who is sponsoring the cost of the bankrupt's trip must be furnished and this person has to ensure that the bankrupt returns to Singapore (the sponsor does not need to put up a bond or garrantee upfront, but make no mistake that there will be penalties if the bankrupt abscond). Passports are not taken away by the OA from bankrupts, and neither does the ICA have the list of 19,000 bankrupts in their database. the onus is on the OA to check and the bankrupts to apply for permission. But don't play play because it is a serious offence and maximum fine is 10k and jailtime or both. All my info I gotten from a high-profile bankrupt friend of my who luckily escaped jailtime but was fined some years back. When he was tracked down, he travelled out of Singapore 100 over times. His name? K.C Ho aka Mr People's Park

sgmjplayer
17-12-2004, 12:18 PM
if you are referring to yrself, I would suggest you stop
goin to TH, surf net when free and get yrself out
of difficulties first. give u 1 cina phrase..- 'huan1 chang3 wu2 zhen1 ai4'

I dont understand why some many ppl complain no $$
and yet very often in the wrong place at the wrong time.

sadfa
17-12-2004, 12:33 PM

bro,

what the others say is true. bankrupts can keep passport but need official assignee's approval 2 travel. u can leave the country easily n many times cos dont think immigration's computer is linked to official assignee's computer.

but now they very strict. if get caught, sure fine n if do many times, can go jail. somemore if u go jb 2 cheong, the charbor official assignee would not sympathise u or give u chance. although some of them quite hot, can cheong them. better than taking the chance n go jail.

lesnar
17-12-2004, 05:00 PM
I am actually mentally prepared after my hearing. Don't think about JB so often can liao....At the most chiong the SPA in Singapore loh....no choice........Don't want to make so much trouble also....unless i really in Green Zone then i will apply for exit permit loh, but up till, just stay as a Good Boy.....kekeke :D

Frankiestine
24-12-2004, 12:08 PM

why cannot just apply for your permit....limpeh got one year permit already for travelling.... :D

Frankiestine
24-12-2004, 12:12 PM

Brudder u can't be more ill informed....not truth at all..been bk does not mean you have to surrender your passport...u only need to applied for a permit simple as that...of course new entrants have to wait 3 months then they can start to apply but if they can proof that job requires them to travel they can get immediate approval with relevant documents supporting...

Frankiestine
24-12-2004, 12:14 PM

Kmine
Basket dun know where u all get your infos from...no money is required at all....just apply online for instant approval...

Frankiestine
24-12-2004, 12:18 PM
All my info I gotten from a high-profile bankrupt friend of my who luckily escaped jailtime but was fined some years back. When he was tracked down, he travelled out of Singapore 100 over times. His name? K.C Ho aka Mr People's Park
MD your friend hard core case kena red zone that why they make things difficult for him. Normally a new bk needs to wait three months to apply for permission on line....permit can be granted up to six months, approval is immediate. For green zone which "Muah" thats me...is in....i applied for one year permit even though no legi reason...ie work or social matters....