PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Idol..

THExorcist
21-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Alright all u viewers & readers.. its crunch time.. how many of you all think Sylvester Sim/ Taufik Batisah will win the inaugural Singapore Idol and why..

Kindly cast your votes and state your views..

Cheers to all.. :D

sporelover
21-11-2004, 09:58 PM
I support Taufik to win Singapore Idol. He has the dance moves and his singing is improving everytime on stage unlike Sylvester.

asdfghjkl
21-11-2004, 10:00 PM
erm.. in my poor estimation.. taufik has the better voice..

sawzhai28
21-11-2004, 10:24 PM
i hope there are not too many ah bengs and ah lians in singapore..

fyi.. ken was saying to sly: you better pray all the ah bengs and ah lians vote for you.. :D

collin_23
21-11-2004, 10:28 PM
That malay guy will win cause the organisers will want a person they can control. The chinese guy no worry he can still come out and cut his own albums. He young lots of potential.

SG idol reflects alot also to the world. Alot of the local people watching also. The organisers have to thus not only answer to the fans but also to the media and public and not to forget the rest of audiences around the world.

Remember how PCK tio chak when he speak singlish? Same here.

Just a personal comment. They have come this far and their parents must be proud of them. Does not matter who wins anot. It is the process that is intriguing.

If the chinese guy wins also possible cause sg afterall is a chinese market, not to forget the countries of taiwan, china etc. But we already have beyond, wu bai, wu yue tian etc many whose style like him. Now only special talents as in voice like sun yan zi maybe still stand a chance. Now to break in market not that easy.

Both also not bad lah. Neutral.

asdfghjkl
21-11-2004, 10:33 PM
from what i know.. they may be sent overseas to perform just as the american idols came to singapore.. omg.. i cant really imagine either one of them speaking in the states..

mi.chi.eru
22-11-2004, 03:02 AM
from what i know.. they may be sent overseas to perform just as the american idols came to singapore.. omg.. i cant really imagine either one of them speaking in the states..

throw our face only.. sigh..

Tai_zi21
22-11-2004, 05:35 PM
If i was the Judge,i will take Taufik to win SG idol! but seeing from the SG response,i think Sly will win the SG idol!!! cos as 1 of the judge say the older population of SG won't vote for SLY!!! but just look at how many young gers cheering on for SLY week in week out... so i think SLY is going to win it!

mahalosux
22-11-2004, 05:41 PM

bro i guess u should hv taken part lahzz.... :D

mi.chi.eru
22-11-2004, 05:42 PM
bro i guess u should hv taken part lahzz.... :D

maybe. but can qualify meh?

mahalosux
22-11-2004, 05:44 PM

sing betta than Sly, confirm can qualify liao lah... i see so many people can sing betta than him... hehhehehehe.. :D

Tai_zi21
22-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Opps become TCSS thread? Haha

mi.chi.eru
22-11-2004, 05:46 PM
sing betta than Sly, confirm can qualify liao lah... i see so many people can sing betta than him... hehhehehehe.. :D

thanks for the support. i'll wait for the next singapore idol ... ha ha ha.

mahalosux
22-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Opps become TCSS thread? Haha

not tok cok.. but sing song.... :)

mahalosux
22-11-2004, 05:48 PM

than u betta pratice at KTV lah... from now on u go KTV, cannot sit wif gals, jus concentrate on singing song.... :D

KingEros
22-11-2004, 06:26 PM

bro i guess u should hv taken part lahzz....

Yah lor ... you two got consistent training in MG some more. :D

lesnar
22-11-2004, 06:31 PM
This poll have anything to do with sexual things? Strange :confused:

Anyway, wish to join in the poll, but never watched Singapore Idols, so don't know which one to choose....

badboyxtreme
23-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Solly Hor Solly Hor, but i have to vote for Taufik because he is my nephew :D

Well actually Taufik speaks rather well outside so i have no qualms abt him speaking if he has to travel overseas. Can osso take lessons from me mahhhh

mahalosux
23-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Yah lor ... you two got consistent training in MG some more. :D

no lah... i cannot sing one lah... is him who can sing... dun see me so up leh... if i can sing, i will go and take part liao... no need to everytime hide behind my desk and surf SBF.... :o

mahalosux
23-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Solly Hor Solly Hor, but i have to vote for Taufik because he is my nephew :D

Walao... steady lah... Abang... ur nephew is Taufik huh.. that means u going to be a famous uncle liao..... :D

all the best to ur nephew.....

badboyxtreme
23-11-2004, 03:31 PM
Thanks Bro Mahalosux. Appreciate that

asdfghjkl
23-11-2004, 03:58 PM
wat?! he is your newphew?? gonna give u some points to show my appreciate for his singing.. :)

badboyxtreme
23-11-2004, 04:02 PM
wat?! he is your newphew?? gonna give u some points to show my appreciate for his singing.. :)

Thanks Brothers. Appreciate all that, no wonder how come i see suddenly jump from 88 to 99
:D

Thanks again.

asdfghjkl
23-11-2004, 04:05 PM
when is the final coming ah.. i dun keep track of it one.. must go to stadium and show support ma.. you going, extreme??

badboyxtreme
23-11-2004, 04:18 PM
Final is on 1st December.

Nope i wont be going, my mother and sister-in-law just arrived from Thailand today. I have to entertain them for 2 weeks. :D

Beckham07
27-11-2004, 11:05 AM
than u betta pratice at KTV lah... from now on u go KTV, cannot sit wif gals, jus concentrate on singing song.... :D

go clean one and sing loh
cheaper

Vryce
29-11-2004, 06:07 AM

bro, think u dont go lah... later botak edwin yeo, new paper find out u always go jc, ktv and gl to practise yr vocal chords hor, then end up no sg idol, gf also run away. :( no point right? must also think of your family, they also want to be low key right? too much publicity might not be good for their biz leh...

somemore bros here all got to call in and support u until all the money go to paying phone bills, no money to cheong how? u can bear to see us like that? it's alright lah, u r our jacky cheung can already lah... :D

Wannabeone
29-11-2004, 10:36 AM
i think Sly may win this time......judging by the fans' responses. But you never know.....however marketing wise sense....i would choose Sly over Taufik as better marketing power and bigger market=mkae more money. Show business is all about making money right?

Just my 2 cents worth.

mi.chi.eru
29-11-2004, 03:17 PM
bro, think u dont go lah... later botak edwin yeo, new paper find out u always go jc, ktv and gl to practise yr vocal chords hor, then end up no sg idol, gf also run away. no point right? must also think of your family, they also want to be low key right? too much publicity might not be good for their biz leh...

somemore bros here all got to call in and support u until all the money go to paying phone bills, no money to cheong how? u can bear to see us like that? it's alright lah, u r our jacky cheung can already lah... :D

Say until like that.. sigh.. for the sake of my forum brudders and my future.. i won't join lor.. ha ha ha.. at most host one SAMMY IDOL... ha ha ha.. can ? :p

facial
30-11-2004, 12:41 AM
IMHO, i think mediacorp will try to groom sly more than taufik. It's no disputing that taufik truly sing better but in a competition like that, it is just not about singing. It is the total package commonly known as the "X FACTOR" in this industry which sly has but not found in Taufik.

It's true that there are already enough established Sly style singer in the asian market already .... ..... but why ruin a winning formula and tap into an untapped ground. After all, showbiz is known to be flickle. It's about cashing in now and do not bother about what may happen next, Money in the pocket is yours.

Remember Mavis Hee .... ......... GREAT VOICE but truly lacking in "X FACTOR" and what happened, she faded just like the SARS virus...

My vote goes to SLY. But i would have prefer Maia to win but too bad.

badboyxtreme
30-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Sly definitely looks like he has what it takes to win hearts. But quite a number of people has underestimated Taufik and his potential to be marketed as the next big thing. Just like Sly who can be drawn into the local and taiwanese market, Taufik will definitely be drawn into the Malaysian Market. All Local Spore singers who have gone to Malaysia, have really made it big there. Even their local Singers, just look at Siti Nurhaliza, she has crazy fans even in Japan and Korea.

Even the Indonesian Idol says if she is to duet with someone, it has to be Taufik and has invited him over to Jakarta and tap on the Indonesian Market. He has also received invitations from singers in the philippines. Another plus point is that Taufik can also sing Hindi songs and the bollywood market is huge, just like Alisha who has been crowned as the Queen of Pop in Asia. Lets not just look at the local or taiwanese market, our neighbours next door have huge potential for up coming talents both in the likes of Taufik and Sylvester. Its gonna be a hard fight till the end, with all ahbengs supporting Sylvester and the whole SPF behind Taufik. :D

benghwee
30-11-2004, 11:07 AM
Based on vocal, the best is already out. That is Olinda Cho of course.

Of the two remaining, Taufik is a better all rounder and better vocal than Sly.
But since is contest is on 'idol', then its who has better supporter will win hands down. Was hoping Taufik will win but seem like Sly suppoter is more rich and willingly to part all their pocket money into SMSing him to win.

Although Taufik has Singapore Poly behind his back, I bet in SP, there are also many Lians and Bengs whom want thier Sly to win.

Well, its interesting to see whether minority supporter who are richer(SMS like no tomorrow) will win it for Sly or the majority of Singapore will win it for Taufik.

ryanloke09
30-11-2004, 12:04 PM
think sly might win...
maybe he has rich fans???

benghwee
02-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Glad that justice is done when Taufik won.

hann73
02-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Glad that justice is done when Taufik won.
Yup, shows that at the end of the day, Singaporeans still go for talent.

icekewl
02-12-2004, 03:20 PM
I agree.

At the end of the day, with all that was going around about how this was a chinese -malay competition and all that crap, I am glad that we all came thru.

for an example of racial harmony ppl should come to SB and see how us bruidders all get along right??????????

three cheers for taufik - and one long cheer for all the brudders here!!!!!!