PDA

View Full Version : Cheap accomodation in Tokyo

Traveller2003
08-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Hi,

Not sure whether appropriate to post here but no flaming please as I am just helping a colleague. A colleague of mine going to Tokyo for 1 week. He wants to know where to find cheap but still "livable" condition in Tokyo.

Many thanks in advance.

jtbozo
08-09-2004, 06:07 PM
U may wanna try www.priceline.com.sg

I'm always using it n have gotten unbelievable deals on hotels thruout the world. Good luck!

Hi,

Not sure whether appropriate to post here but no flaming please as I am just helping a colleague. A colleague of mine going to Tokyo for 1 week. He wants to know where to find cheap but still "livable" condition in Tokyo.

Many thanks in advance.

EyeLevel
08-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Hi,

Many thanks in advance.

very vague... what is your colleague's idea of cheap... at least put down the budget or your colleagues idea and expectation.... everyone's expectation of "livable" is different. I only so need a bed that's all ..... so a capsule hotel that just provides a bed space is livable to me.

not flaming you. but with a figure to work with, Bros here will be able to refer you to more specific hotels or service apartments.

Cheers!
EyeLevel

Traveller2003
09-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the reply so far. His budget is not more than SGD100 per night.

EyeLevel
10-09-2004, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the reply so far. His budget is not more than SGD100 per night.

Almost impossible..... unless its like I said... capsule bed hotels....
100SGD converts to about 6500yen ( roughly around 15.5 I think )...

Cheapest I know of is 8600+ yen... and that is dirt cheap compare to hotel rack rates of even co-orporate rates.... this is a service apartment with a very small kitchen, with a hot plate and pot for cooking.
Microwave can be rented at 1000yen for a month (even if you use it for one day)...

http://www.wmt.co.jp you can get your friend to check out this site... they have service apartments all over japan. the catch is, the website is all in japanese.... booking is done by Phone only with credit card.

CHeers!
EyeLevel

Martini-Fan
10-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Almost impossible..... unless its like I said... capsule bed hotels....

Agree. 60USD you'll get half a night at best.

Once I stayed here.
http://www.tokyustay.co.jp/e/hotel/SIB/index.html

It's more kind of an appartement, with little plate to cook, microwave and washing machine with dryer.
Also they offer free 24/7 internet connection, so bring your notebook.

I love those heated toilets.....

Cheers!

roslee7
19-09-2004, 06:45 AM
i have been there several times and normally i stayed at clean and nice guest house at big apple house in higashi koganei...about $40 a night....the rest are about $180 per night at ikebukoro.