PDA

View Full Version : Would you trust a samster more if he has a high reputation rating?

rocketscientist
09-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Do reputation in this forum matters as in real life?

The_Hustler
09-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Do reputation in this forum matters as in real life?

Well, I can fathom a need for such poll... but as a thread starter....perhaps u might wanna define your interpretation of 'trust' here. Many examples and types of trust i.e; money, advices, lobangs etc...

If not defined clearly, lots of misunderstandings will surely arise.

In Sex we trust,
The Hustler

facial
09-07-2004, 02:01 PM
they are just references. Anyway, why take things so hard.

ryanlim
09-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Re: Would you trust a samster more if he has a high reputation rating?

just my humble views..........no offence intended........ :)

no........i dun think so...........cos if you really look around, some of the Senior Bros who have been around since say 2001, 2002.....etc have only 10+ points......whereas some Bros who have only been around for a few months have higher rep pts cos of their recent contribution..........

so my recommendation is to open your eyes, do some research & see for yourself............

(P.S : hhmmmmmm..........an interesting thought just came into my mind.......if our "beloved" Joker Samster has a reputation of say "50+" :eek: , anybody would trust him more?????? )

RJ2004
09-07-2004, 06:45 PM
gotta agree with ryanlim. some forumers have been getting points based on certain contribution to the forum that does not necessarily mean they have a good call on all matters. the best is still do deeper research on your own and see who to trust :)

Tai_zi21
10-07-2004, 04:59 AM
i guess coming out of the virtual life and meeting up is better! nothing beat meeting up for coffee rather than talking in the forum? so when u meet a person liao,i think u should know if u can trusted him anot lor

thaivisitor
10-07-2004, 03:59 PM
I think what Bro Hustler say is correct. You need to define the word "trust".

For example, many bros trust MrDevil who is selling his Magix pills eventhough they have not met him, but based on his rep, they sent money to him.

We'll "trust" that Joker Samster's contributor are good jokes so will probably click into the thread whenever we see his nick giving a contribution/post (sorry Bro ryanlim, don't meant to challenge you).

By looking at the reps, we'll know if the bro's intention in his post is genuine, or if some other bros may have mistaken him and flame him, etc, etc.

Rep does play a part in this forum's context.

My 2 cents worth. :cool:

sopil
10-07-2004, 05:36 PM
my reference on trusting fellow bros would be base on quality of their post n not rep or no. of post. u can have like few hundreds of posts but majority of them r jus 1 liner. similarly rep points means they have at least contributed to a certain extent, or jus on 1 matter. therefore i believe more in reading their posts..... :D

only my own personal view

The_Hustler
10-07-2004, 07:36 PM
gotta agree with ryanlim. some forumers have been getting points based on certain contribution to the forum that does not necessarily mean they have a good call on all matters. the best is still do deeper research on your own and see who to trust :)

So after all ur views...u trust me or not??? Kekeke.

Infamously,
The Hustler

Ah Paul
10-07-2004, 09:33 PM
do you trust me, Ah Paul???

btw reputation high here does not mean that person is honourable in the real life...if a "reputable" stranger here wants to borrow $500 from you, will you lend him??? :eek:

deskjet840
10-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Yes, strongly agree with bro. paul.
Btw it not easy to trust or gain trust fro each other in this forum unless those ppl that have meet face to face.
No offence.... i just feel that we make full use of this forum n enjoy our bonking session.
Of course there still good soul out there.
Just my 0.5 cent worth. :)

The_Hustler
10-07-2004, 11:20 PM
do you trust me, Ah Paul???

btw reputation high here does not mean that person is honourable in the real life...if a "reputable" stranger here wants to borrow $500 from you, will you lend him??? :eek:

I will lend you if your reputation hits 50...kekeke. U seem to be having whale of a time over at THE OTHER forum eh.

Part-time loan fish,
The Hustler

Ah Paul
11-07-2004, 03:45 PM
I will lend you if your reputation hits 50...kekeke. U seem to be having whale of a time over at THE OTHER forum eh.

Part-time loan fish,
The Hustler
yeah...but being "famous" here also cannot help...some people just keep talking about my "atrocities" done here...whereby i focus on sex topic...hehe :p

ryanlim
11-07-2004, 07:44 PM
We'll "trust" that Joker Samster's contributor are good jokes so will probably click into the thread whenever we see his nick giving a contribution/post (sorry Bro ryanlim, don't meant to challenge you).

haha dun worry Bro thaivisitor........i'm guilty of doing that too you know......... :o

thaivisitor
12-07-2004, 02:49 PM
haha dun worry Bro thaivisitor........i'm guilty of doing that too you know......... :o

No problemo bro,

hahahaha, someone just gave me a red card for my post here.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, do accept my apologies :)

RJ2004
12-07-2004, 04:32 PM
So after all ur views...u trust me or not??? Kekeke.

Infamously,
The Hustler

yeah... i trust you to be always late :p

RJ2004
12-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Yes, strongly agree with bro. paul.
Btw it not easy to trust or gain trust fro each other in this forum unless those ppl that have meet face to face.
No offence.... i just feel that we make full use of this forum n enjoy our bonking session.
Of course there still good soul out there.
Just my 0.5 cent worth. :)

sometimes even meeting face to face wont help la, i'm sure the long timers here will remember certain stories about certain people who have now disappeared from the forum... hmmm, no need to be specific la, its not just one case anyway. bad news always travel faster than good news :D

RJ2004
12-07-2004, 04:35 PM
No problemo bro,

Sorry if I've offended anyone, do accept my apologies :)

no need upset la, i top you back one, you also top me back one lor :D

The_Hustler
12-07-2004, 06:01 PM
yeah... i trust you to be always late :p

I was merely trying to live up to my nick mah... I cannot rely on being punctual... Hustler is not supposed to be trusted.

Knn, u must've been influenced by that regimental dick Poolhot....hahaha.

Live IT up!
The Hustler

RJ2004
12-07-2004, 06:10 PM
I was merely trying to live up to my nick mah... I cannot rely on being punctual... Hustler is not supposed to be trusted.

Knn, u must've been influenced by that regimental dick Poolhot....hahaha.

Live IT up!
The Hustler

not influenced la, i like to be early... can shoot more birds mah :D

ryanlim
12-07-2004, 09:10 PM
No problemo bro,

Sorry if I've offended anyone, do accept my apologies

sigh.....some fellows just like to abuse this system.......maybe you should PM Boss and find out who's the fellow.......PM us and we will know how to deal with him ;)

divefree
12-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Like I said in other thread, this is all depend how well you know him.

For me, I will tried out most of the recommeded girls by some of the bro here. Some are real but most are not.

Tension68
13-07-2004, 02:12 PM
If the reputation is a rough guide as to how trustworthy a samster is, then ideally one should trust him.

But let's face it, who would entirely trust someone if you had not seen that person, or even went out a few times with them? Even then, it would still be hard to trust that person entirely.

I think the repuration thingy here is not a good judge of how trustworthy a samster is, rather it is a clue as to how much you should believe the samster. There are numerous options to check the posts made by the samster, and if one wants to find out more, then just go ahead and check it out. I mean, with all these means at your disposal, it is that tough?

But I must confess, seeing a high reputation does set my inclinations to believing the samster's posts and words more. However, it has to balance with the number of posts. I mean, how can a new samster have a high rep of over 30 with less than 100 posts.. not unless that person so highly respected in real life, that people who met him give him those points here, right?

Being a victim of some people here who just anyhow deduct a point of me rep, it doesn't really stand a big thing on my list. don't get me wrong, my rep was restored by Bro Sammy after I asked him to look into some abusive comments made by the same person who deducted me rep, and then some kind bros here who only two identified themselves as Bro Valkyan and bro Foolish... but still.. the rep doesn't mean that much to me.. my opinion anyways.

oops.. long long post.. soli

MrDevil
14-07-2004, 01:17 PM
I think what Bro Hustler say is correct. You need to define the word "trust".

For example, many bros trust MrDevil who is selling his Magix pills eventhough they have not met him, but based on his rep, they sent money to him.

By looking at the reps, we'll know if the bro's intention in his post is genuine, or if some other bros may have mistaken him and flame him, etc, etc.

Rep does play a part in this forum's context.

My 2 cents worth. :cool:

Well, I think you got it wrong, the other way around. There are lots of other bros got a much higher reputation points than mine. Magix reputation is built by feedback from bros here who tried and proved it which may not directly related to my reputation points. If Magix is not a good product by itself, I dont think any bros will be interested even if I have the highest reputation point, right?

Depending on how you would like to interprate those points, it may not directly translate trustworthiness bcos the mechanism to control the points scoring could be tampered. In anyway, the points are only relevant in this virtual community.

badboyxtreme
19-07-2004, 10:04 AM
Well, I shall learn to trust someone after only i have met that person and share same sentiments and views and can click as a buddy who can cheong with me anytime.

Well thats my stand. Better be vary than sorry.

Brinjal
19-07-2004, 10:49 AM
Real life n Cyber life quite different .. rep points could be having more good kakis to upzz ur points .. doesn't really matter .. some forumers are like magnets, others quiet, stay behind the scenes