PDA

View Full Version : OKTs & FL: Please use the term 'Indian' more precisely?

lordoflight
19-01-2010, 09:24 PM
This is not a trick question. It is genuine. While Han Chinese and Malays are relatively uniform, calling somebody Indian is not a meaningful racial categorisation. It is like calling someone Malaysian, Singaporean, American or Australian. Their ethnicity could be anything.

Years ago 'Indians' in Singapore were mainly Tamils - generally distinguished by dark skin, thosai and roti prata and an 'aroma' of coconut oil and spices. There were also many Sikhs, and anyone can see the are totally different - tall, fairer skinned, turban, very hairy, bearded etc. Now, with increased immigration of Indians there are indians who can look distinctly caucasian if they are from Himachal or Kashmir, more Spanish/Italian, if they are from North India or indistinguishable from Chinese if they are from Nepal, or north east, and almost any mix imaginable between each one of these racial groups. All their IC's will say Indian and they all contribute to SINDA - but most cant speak each other's language; and some could never imagine sleeping with another type of Indian.

So when you guys say Indians not allowed etc. who do you mean - Singapore Tamils, sikhs, fair-skinned north indians, brown skinned north indians, mongoloid/chinese looking Indian, Bangladeshi construction workers or all of the above - in which case, it is not an issue of racism per se, but I guess 'politicism' - as Indian is not a race, but a collection of races that all live in the same political unit.

Having gone to local university, no Singaporean, caucasian, Japanese, or Korean girl of any race had any issue sleeping with Indian students (from India, not Singapore) that I knew. The problem is the term 'Indian' in this forum has become confused with 'Bangladeshi construction worker' or the Serangoon Road crowd, which is totally misleading!@!

batambird
20-01-2010, 08:29 PM
I agree with you, but the FL or OKT may not know complete differences!! As an expat indian i have never had any difficulties with any race girl here!!

Koreanlover
20-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Maybe the okts meant the girls do not like dark colored skin.
But then it is also difficult for okt to be specific such as :

allowed - fair skin north Indians, pakistanis
not allowed - south Indians, Bangladeshi, Sri lankans, and those that smell of coconut oil, blah blah

also not politically correct mah

bangalore
20-01-2010, 10:01 PM
But then again, fair or dark is subjective... so is smelly and fragrant...

You have to respect the girl if thats her choice and preference. Even if you get her, you wun enjoy it if she does it unwillingly.

There's more than one FL around, so why harp on it?

stashsg
20-01-2010, 10:23 PM
or maybe just local indians or FTI(foreign talent indians)..

Erasure
21-01-2010, 02:01 AM
To avoid confusion....I believe most OKTs have already used things like:

"Chinese Bros only please"....and they will add on "Its her request not mine"...to avoid getting flamed...:D

To other OKTs who didn't use the above line...please take note to avoid confusing our brothers from the non-chinese community...we need to be sensitive to their feelings. ;)

If confuse....check your own IC for your race.....however given the change in the law of being able to include both races of your parents (if they are of different race)...as long as one of ur parents is Chinese...you stand half the chance....

Heil Hitler
21-01-2010, 02:21 AM
Gotta agree with bro Erasure on this. It's normally specified as Chinese only or "don't take Malays" etc.

No one's being racist here but I thing if the WL is going to bend down, she should at least have a say in who's going to be plugging that hole of her's :D

Happyguy801
21-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Hmm... if the FL is keen to earn $$ why choose? unless they want to be in here for long term.. :rolleyes: