PDA

View Full Version : Any brother going thailand ?

poulnil
25-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Any brother going thailand
me newbie wan to join in
thanks

natto3
25-02-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by poulnil
me newbie wan to join in
thanks
bro, thailand big place leh. be a little more specific and when you plan to go. :)

cheongkid
25-02-2004, 09:26 PM
me newbie wan to join in
thanks
so have you made up your mind where to go: tanjong pinang, batam, hatyai......?

insanity
25-02-2004, 09:29 PM
i am planning to go chiang mai this april for the festival.

[QUOTE]
Chiang Mai Songkran Festival
(11-15 April 2003, throughout Chiang Mai)

Chiang Mai is one of the most famous places for celebrating Songkarn. Apart from religious activities such as food offering to monks and Buddha image bathing, there are also several entertaining activities including Miss Songkarn pageant and procession, morning market, sand pagoda contest, and walking street.

Songkran Festival in Northern Style

Songkran Festival has been the heritage of the northerners for several hundred years. The festival is regarded as the Northern Thai New Year Celebration, which is officially April 13 of every year. Some begin to celebrate one or two days before this date. Most of the celebration usually last for three days form April 13-15.
[UNQUOTE]

natto3
25-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by insanity
i am planning to go chiang mai this april for the festival.

[QUOTE]
Chiang Mai Songkran Festival
(11-15 April 2003, throughout Chiang Mai)

Chiang Mai is one of the most famous places for celebrating Songkarn. Apart from religious activities such as food offering to monks and Buddha image bathing, there are also several entertaining activities including Miss Songkarn pageant and procession, morning market, sand pagoda contest, and walking street.

Songkran Festival in Northern Style

Songkran Festival has been the heritage of the northerners for several hundred years. The festival is regarded as the Northern Thai New Year Celebration, which is officially April 13 of every year. Some begin to celebrate one or two days before this date. Most of the celebration usually last for three days form April 13-15.
[UNQUOTE]
bro good choice. but try for once enough. 3 days can become quite irritating when you want to go somewhere and always the water is everywhere. nowadys water is iced, coloured and powder on everything. also good chance to make friends with locals and foreigners alike. have fun. :)

cyrus
25-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Will be in BKK from 26th till 29th Feb ...

Prolink
26-02-2004, 06:53 AM
any bru wanna go h city?

Prolink
26-02-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Prolink
any bru wanna go h city?

in march

insanity
26-02-2004, 07:50 AM
in march

you can join them here (http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15991)

plman2002
28-02-2004, 12:43 AM
In BKK 9 March Out BKK 11 March.
Trying to book to stay in MC opp Poseixxx.:D
only got 1 nite to cheong.:(
But I think its enough.

MrDevil
29-02-2004, 02:08 AM
me newbie wan to join in
thanks

Bro, I tot you joining us? Changing your mind again? Please make up your mind so we could confirm the seats.

Peter_North
29-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by natto3
bro good choice. but try for once enough. 3 days can become quite irritating when you want to go somewhere and always the water is everywhere. nowadys water is iced, coloured and powder on everything. also good chance to make friends with locals and foreigners alike. have fun. :)

Any cheap and good hotels in CM that can catch the full action of Songkran ?

Prolink
29-02-2004, 08:52 PM
when u going maybe we can go in a group?

insanity
01-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Peter_North
Any cheap and good hotels in CM that can catch the full action of Songkran ?

i'm planning to go there from 14 Apr - 18 Apr hoping to catch the festival too

insanity
01-03-2004, 12:32 AM
when u going maybe we can go in a group?

count me in if there's group going for the festival

MrDevil
01-03-2004, 06:48 PM
count me in if there's group going for the festival

We planning to head to BKK or CM during the Songkran week but have not finalise the details yet. PM me your contact, will sms you once we have finalise the arrangement.

insanity
01-03-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by MrDevil
We planning to head to BKK or CM during the Songkran week but have not finalise the details yet. PM me your contact, will sms you once we have finalise the arrangement.

thanks for jio-ing me. but i am more or less confirmed going to Chiang Mai during 14 April - 18 April for Songkran.

PM me if you have finalised on Chiang Mai.

Cheers!

MrDevil
02-03-2004, 02:06 AM
thanks for jio-ing me. but i am more or less confirmed going to Chiang Mai during 14 April - 18 April for Songkran.

Cheers!

Songkran week should be from 10th ~ 15th April (if I remembered correctly), so u are celebrating the end of it? I tot the begining will be more happening?

Prolink
02-03-2004, 08:06 AM

Cheers! .

bru seem like no one interested in the trip to chiangmai

keet
02-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Midnight curfew rule postponed for further review

Published on Mar 1, 2004

BANGKOK, March 1 (The Nation) -- Thai night entertainment establishments operators have won a reprieve from a government plan to impose a midnight curfew, according to government official.

Last month the Cabinet approved a regulation that will close all venues outside specified entertainment zones, including bars, clubs, restaurants and massage parlors, at midnight instead of 2 a.m. in its campaign to curb youth crime and restore traditional values.

Today, the government appeared to backtrack on its plan, saying it was still open to review.

The Cabinet will reconsider this matter during its meeting on tomorrow, government spokeswoman Sansanee Nakphong said.

tirak69
02-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by keet
Midnight curfew rule postponed for further review

Published on Mar 1, 2004

BANGKOK, March 1 (The Nation) -- Thai night entertainment establishments operators have won a reprieve from a government plan to impose a midnight curfew, according to government official.

Last month the Cabinet approved a regulation that will close all venues outside specified entertainment zones, including bars, clubs, restaurants and massage parlors, at midnight instead of 2 a.m. in its campaign to curb youth crime and restore traditional values.

Today, the government appeared to backtrack on its plan, saying it was still open to review.

The Cabinet will reconsider this matter during its meeting on tomorrow, government spokeswoman Sansanee Nakphong said.

mai mii pen ha... either stay in ratchada area or have a private party. there is also an election coming up for governor of bangkok i think... so its time to keep voters happy for the time being.

insanity
02-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by MrDevil
Songkran week should be from 10th ~ 15th April (if I remembered correctly), so u are celebrating the end of it? I tot the begining will be more happening?

i wish i can be there from 10th april onwards but due to work committments i can only go from 14th april onwards. :(

anyways, Thailand's public holidays for Songkran is 13 - 15 April thus i hope i wont miss too much of it.

Chiang Mai Songkran (http://www.thailandgrandfestival.com/cnx_songkran_activities.asp)

Mr.romance
02-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Hi to all Bros,

I am looking for kaki to go BK for 3 days..It can be between
15th April(last day of Songhra) to middle May...Hate to travel alone...Anyone interested to join?

BTW may one to meet up with some bros such as Yomun there..
Please reply..

Cheers

insanity
02-03-2004, 09:29 PM

bru seem like no one interested in the trip to chiangmai

its ok....maybe there are brothers who are interested but cant commit now due to work schedule etc.

hopefully when the date is nearer there can be a few bros to go along with.

cheers!

ps: are you interested? ;)

icecoffee
05-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Thinking of going bkk aft songkran, will keep u updated.

Mr.romance
05-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by icecoffee
Thinking of going bkk aft songkran, will keep u updated.

Alrite Bro,

Please keep me informed ASAP so tat I can get my Vitamin $$ & Schedule ready...PM me for any personal details

Cheers