PDA

View Full Version : DSC 15mins Aids check

mczai
13-10-2003, 03:34 AM
Hi, bros.

I need some help from experience bros who has went for this
15 mins (I think...) blood test for Aids. I know I read it somewhere
. But, I just can't find the thingy... I try DSC site, nothing mention about this service also.

So, any bros out there can help. I heard this service does not require the person to registered. All you need, just go to the counter tell them this service. They take you blood and you will know the result in 15 mins... hmm... sounds too good.

Is this service really available?

astroboyboy666
14-10-2003, 10:34 AM
the 15 minute test is not all that accurate...

just a morale booster for yourself...

go for the full one if you want any peace of mind and do it once 6 months after suspected date of infection and another one after 12 months of date of infection... then you're cleared 100%

meatlover
14-10-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by astroboyboy666
the 15 minute test is not all that accurate...

just a morale booster for yourself...

go for the full one if you want any peace of mind and do it once 6 months after suspected date of infection and another one after 12 months of date of infection... then you're cleared 100%

Yes indeed ... And within this 6-12 months window period, you gotta refrain yourself from any sexual activity/contact in order for the test to be accurate ... Meanwhile, guess you gotta stuck with PCC for a couple of months ...

sadsea
14-10-2003, 11:01 AM
bro mczai, this test is conduct at DSC clinic but not by the DSC personnel, it is conducted by the Action For Aid organisation. time is every wendnesday 6pm to 9pm and saturday 1pm to 4pm, to double comfirm go to their webpage, i forgot the address liao but can do search yahoo and type action for aids singapore and will show u the full address, their number also can get from 100 enquiry. the test is $20 and do not require u to write ur name, only series number given. very easy to acess, don;t worry just go take the test if u got no confident to take the lab test at clinic, they claim to be very accurate but up to u believe. as for widow period, read from a few website before, some mention infact the virus will develop after 2 weeks but the gerenally window period is 3 months, after 2 month also recommend to take the test, accurate is 98% and after 3 months is 100%. this what i get from the website. and i personnelly go to take this test before, as u walk in u can see my ppl same like u out that, u are not along don,t woory, counsellor are that to help u.
and for what my opinion, stop sex and go after the window period( 2 month, 3 month ,1 year, up to u), and after that always perform safe sex at all time, cannot no sex also as we are normal human being. but if really worry then don't engage in commercial sex. hope this sharing can help, nice day.

mczai
15-10-2003, 03:21 AM
mczai:

thank you so much to the bros above who provided me with some insight data to my question.

but aftering hearing from you all, I think I most probably will avoid
going for this test... as it is conducted in the evening (sure got a lot of people) so... no choice... I will check out nearby polyclinic
see whether they provide the Full test service as advise by you guys.

hmm... I not very sure I am asking too much. But can any bros recommend some clinic or medical centres that provide discreet
services. I am abit stuck...

But whatever, thanks again!

astroboyboy666
15-10-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by mczai
mczai:

thank you so much to the bros above who provided me with some insight data to my question.

going for this test... as it is conducted in the evening (sure got a lot of people) so... no choice... I will check out nearby polyclinic

hmm... I not very sure I am asking too much. But can any bros recommend some clinic or medical centres that provide discreet

Where you stay or work? Maybe I can recommend a clinic nearby...

mczai
16-10-2003, 03:43 AM
hi, astroboyboy666

you recommend clinics means "private clinic"
Never thought that private clinic provide such services.

Anyway I live around the east zone (Pasir Ris area).

Thanks.

astroboyboy666
16-10-2003, 12:19 PM
hi, astroboyboy666

you recommend clinics means "private clinic"
Never thought that private clinic provide such services.

Anyway I live around the east zone (Pasir Ris area).

Thanks.

Wah... sibeh far leh...

You work near town?

mczai
17-10-2003, 02:59 AM
hi, Bro astroboyboy666,

anyplace will do just fine. As long you can gimme the address
(W/contact nos will be great) so I can check it out.

Anyway I found the Aids for action and manage to contact thru email. They say normally some private clinics and polyclinic provide
such service (but never give any name...) so have to check it up myself.

Oh, if you don't think is convenient to post the address on this forum, you can always PM me. THANKS!

jonlester
30-10-2003, 01:45 PM
www.afa.org.sg
they claim that you are cleared if u've got 2 negative test between 3 to 6 months.

djuan6453
31-10-2003, 03:57 PM
mczai:

Bro - all doctor's in Spore are legally required to report you to MOH if you test positive. If you want to avoid this the only place to test is at the DSC in Kelantan Lane. Don't worry about too many people. I guarantee everyone there is too concerned about themselves to be curious about the people around them.

The Saturday afternoon session is more discreet as the Polyclinic downstairs is closed by then.

mczai
01-11-2003, 04:48 AM
damn! long time never post, post wrongly...

anyway just like to thanks bro jonlester and bro djuan6453.

thanks guys!