PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Bangkok

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

TheUnforgiven
25-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Couldn't find an appropriate place to post my question so might as well start a new thread. Bangkok lao jiaos are welcome to feed us "International Newbies" on the better places to stay in bkk and which are the "lady friendly" ones.

My first question: Does anyone have any info on Siam City Hotel? Any info will be much appreciated.

justl00king
25-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by TheUnforgiven

My first question: Does anyone have any info on Siam City Hotel? Any info will be much appreciated. 3 to 4 star hotel opposite WTC. location wise good for shopping cause within walking distance to places like pratunam and sogo etc. dunno whether guest friendly cause never stayed there b4.

TheUnforgiven
25-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by justl00king
3 to 4 star hotel opposite WTC. location wise good for shopping cause within walking distance to places like pratunam and sogo etc. dunno whether guest friendly cause never stayed there b4.

hi bro, thanks for the info. do you know the rates in baht there? i checked out the internet rates, it's 100USD+ per night. I believe it can't be that expensive.

travlr
25-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Look at Majestic Suites, Grand President, and Omni Suites. All have web sites,are guest friendly and are very nice.

GiddlyGook
26-03-2003, 12:06 AM
http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10077&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

TheUnforgiven
26-03-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by GiddlyGook
http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10077&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I'm looking for info specifically on Siam City Hotel

cheongkid
26-03-2003, 01:08 AM
Here's the website for Siam City Hotel Bangkok.

http://siamhotels.com/sct.html

GiddlyGook
26-03-2003, 02:27 AM
I wouldn't pay US$100 for it unless the room came with two women thrown in :D. US$100 in BKK will get you extremely nice Hotels e.g. Conrad, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Dusit etc.

Siam City is US$57 nett + ABF at asiarooms.com.

If you like the area, I would also consider Pathumwan Princess, which is connected to MBK. Easy shopping and easy covered access to the BTS (impt. esp when it is raining).

Have fun!

Giddly

omnia
26-03-2003, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't pay US$100 for it unless the room came with two women thrown in :D. US$100 in BKK will get you extremely nice Hotels e.g. Conrad, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Dusit etc.

Siam City is US$57 nett + ABF at asiarooms.com.

If you like the area, I would also consider Pathumwan Princess, which is connected to MBK. Easy shopping and easy covered access to the BTS (impt. esp when it is raining).

Have fun!

Giddly

totally agree with giddly...US$100 goes along way in bkk for board & lodging...

i hv stayed at siam city before...not a bad hotel...more like a 3/4star hotel to me...can't remember the rate, corporate a/c...in any event definitely way below US$100, perhaps 2,000 bht inclu of abf...gal friendly hotel...

between siam city & pathumwan princess...i wld take pp any day...newer hotel...nicer rms...better facilities...a great long pool...closer to good foodie joints...also gal friendly

hotstonie269
26-03-2003, 12:08 PM
I would say, stay away from SIam City Hotel. I stayed there several times, they are not galfriendly at all. They will try to charge u whenever a lady comes to visit u. They even tried to charge me for the visit of my secretary in BKK. I will always prefer the Marriott at Sukhumvit RD. no questions asked ever.

maikoh
26-03-2003, 01:43 PM
try president park apartment located at sukhumvit soi 24. you will not be disappointed. the room decor even better than the 4-5 stars hotel. there is no girls fine. cost about sing $80

TheUnforgiven
26-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by omnia

i hv stayed at siam city before...not a bad hotel...more like a 3/4star hotel to me...can't remember the rate, corporate a/c...in any event definitely way below US$100, perhaps 2,000 bht inclu of abf...gal friendly hotel...

between siam city & pathumwan princess...i wld take pp any day...newer hotel...nicer rms...better facilities...a great long pool...closer to good foodie joints...also gal friendly

The actual reason I'm digging for info on Siam City Hotel is because I have an offer for S$50 per night room only, with 1000 (worth about 7 bucks) of my reward points from Singtel. Trying to see if 57 bucks is worth a nights stay there.

On another note, does anyone know of any good hotels that are below S$50(1250baht)? All I need is a good clean room with a bathtub. In house facilities are not necessary, location doesn't need to be too central as long as it's not too ulu can liao.

Btw, thanks for answering my questions. :)

GiddlyGook
26-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Palazzo on Ratchada. B1100 at r24.org. Right smack dab in the middle of the "action". You might not even need a bathtub as you can get your "ap" and "orb" needs fulfilled around the corner.

Giddly

On another note, does anyone know of any good hotels that are below S$50(1250baht)? All I need is a good clean room with a bathtub.

GiddlyGook
26-03-2003, 03:52 PM
Unless of course its one of the premium river facing properties where they'll probably spit on your measly US$100 :D

However, the 2 standout values here are the Marriott Resort & Spa and the Royal Orchid Sheraton. The Marriott is the hidden gem - it's practically a STEAL at US$60 nett (on priceline.com but you need a US$ cc for that) and the Sheraton can be had for US$90 nett in the low season i.e. not Nov-Mar.

You MUST stay at a river resort at least once during your stay in BKK. BKK is not only about the ladies-this is truly an understatement. Forget the WL scene for a day and I guarantee you'll discover another side of BKK that is priceless.

At least set aside some time to kick back and enjoy some Thai food with a culture show (no, not the katoey kind). I highly recommend the Sala Rim Nam at the Oriental. Go for dinner (I think ard. B1500) and be transfixed by the magic of the Kingdom.

Giddly

arai_na
26-03-2003, 06:18 PM
www.staybangkok.com

Watana Mansion a 500B per night

Close to action, cross the street to Copa and Posideon.

Chok dee

WuTongShen
26-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Think u shud try Bangkok Palace Hotel.. i can recommend u my thai "tour guide" who is workin there too..:D

omnia
26-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Unless of course its one of the premium river facing properties where they'll probably spit on your measly US$100 :D

However, the 2 standout values here are the Marriott Resort & Spa and the Royal Orchid Sheraton. The Marriott is the hidden gem - it's practically a STEAL at US$60 nett (on priceline.com but you need a US$ cc for that) and the Sheraton can be had for US$90 nett in the low season i.e. not Nov-Mar.

You MUST stay at a river resort at least once during your stay in BKK. BKK is not only about the ladies-this is truly an understatement. Forget the WL scene for a day and I guarantee you'll discover another side of BKK that is priceless.

At least set aside some time to kick back and enjoy some Thai food with a culture show (no, not the katoey kind). I highly recommend the Sala Rim Nam at the Oriental. Go for dinner (I think ard. B1500) and be transfixed by the magic of the Kingdom.

Giddly

once again agree with you mate...always check out the net & even the hotels directly to check for promotions...

when The Peninsula 1st opened, i was able to get a rm for US$80 p/day...another 5 star joint along wireless rd...can't recall the name, owned by the thai whiskey/beer tycoon...soft opening px US$80 p/day...the chefs at their Thai restaurant apparently worked for the King...i believe The Conrad is a relatively new hotel...perhaps they maybe offering a competitive promotion rate...btw recall the Marriot Spa has a pretty good jap restaurant...the manohra dinner boat cruise down the river is quite enjoyable too...

omnia
26-03-2003, 09:49 PM
once again agree with you mate...always check out the net & even the hotels directly to check for promotions...

when The Peninsula 1st opened, i was able to get a rm for US$80 p/day...another 5 star joint along wireless rd...can't recall the name, owned by the thai whiskey/beer tycoon...soft opening px US$80 p/day...the chefs at their Thai restaurant apparently worked for the King...i believe The Conrad is a relatively new hotel...perhaps they maybe offering a competitive promotion rate...btw recall the Marriot Spa has a pretty good jap restaurant...the manohra dinner boat cruise down the river is quite enjoyable too...

sorry chaps...just remembered the hotel's name...plaza athenee...btw if anyone is looking for a once in a lifetime spa experience and has already tried the banyan tree package...check out Chiva-Som at the royal resort of Hua Hin...you and yr wife-mistress-lover shall not want to leave this paradise which is known in english as the "Haven of Life":cool:

X-cutey
26-03-2003, 11:04 PM
Couldn't find an appropriate place to post my question so might as well start a new thread. Bangkok lao jiaos are welcome to feed us "International Newbies" on the better places to stay in bkk and which are the "lady friendly" ones.

My first question: Does anyone have any info on Siam City Hotel? Any info will be much appreciated.

For hotel room rates, checking on the "net" is only informative. For cheaper rates(I supposed), go down personally to the hotel and take a look and ask the receptionist. Before that, if you have a thai friend, get him/her to speak on your behalf while you hide somewhere. That is the time when rates are cheapest.

Read on the internet and post, I also know.

How many of you know Watana can get at 350baht per night? Call them and was offered 350baht. But when go down personally, they offered me 400baht instead when I told them they gave me 350baht on the phone. Palazzo can also be gotten at cheaper rates stated as in the websites. The websites are just agencies acting for the hotels, they have a cut.

Using the mouse and click here and there, give locations on areas is not informative.

In Bangkok, no scared no hotel, only scared no money to stay. Oops forgot, maybe going Sukhumvit Soi 12 and take a look these days and update on the information.

Oopss. Times Up. Information time over, got to go.

hahaha
XC

Tr|pp|ng
28-03-2003, 09:33 AM
I've only stayed in Novotel everytime I visit Bangkok....its..erm...Sexy..kekeke...

tirak69
29-03-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Tr|pp|ng
I've only stayed in Novotel everytime I visit Bangkok....its..erm...Sexy..kekeke...

pls forget about staying in novotel siam sqaure. used to stay during my early forays into the thai market. the fine there is 900 baht. nowadays ratchada is my preferred area of stay - all under one convenient location... got lots of MPs, shopping (robinsons, tesco and carrefour) and movie (major cineplex).

leens
03-04-2003, 04:47 PM
Novotel Siam Hotel is good if we go with family or gf.

Very conviniently located with all the shopping and eating.

Cheerios

caesar
03-04-2003, 05:00 PM
iMy fav hotel is Merchant Court in Ratchada pisek. Used to pay about S$85 but now up to S$95 incl of ABF. I thought this is very good value....also near Caesar, Mirage, Nataree and Poseidon and all the others entertainment centers. Best of all near highway, so easy to get in & out for golf trips...l

kltower
03-04-2003, 07:19 PM
Why not try Emerald Hotel in ratchanananpisek or something. It is up the road abt 2 km from Poseidon and there is a big disco at the basement, can't remember its name but many FLs hang out there plus also nice MP right behind in the road beside this hotel. Also booked hotel massage and got HJ plus titfuck.

phenom
04-04-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by caesar
iMy fav hotel is Merchant Court in Ratchada pisek. Used to pay about S$85 but now up to S$95 incl of ABF. I thought this is very good value....also near Caesar, Mirage, Nataree and Poseidon and all the others entertainment centers. Best of all near highway, so easy to get in & out for golf trips...l

I just stayed there again last week at B2200 per nite with buffet breakfast. Great rooms and totally no problems about briging chix for overnite. I done it as early as 9pm and as late as 3.30 am. And by next year the MRT will be right at the doorstep.

pgmic
04-04-2003, 04:24 PM
I am thinking of staying at Crowne Plaza BKK which is at Silom Road. With the voucher I hv, I can stay first night for 50% of the rack rate (120usd) and get the second night free. The problem is whether it is far from Ratchada? Any access via subway...bla bla bla....
Another option is Watana Mansion. The package offered is B2200/= for 3 nights inclusive of airport transfers and breakfast....what a bargain....

Brothers who are familiar with BKK please comments........

Thank you.

leens
04-04-2003, 05:33 PM
Silom is quite a highly traffic jam area. It will take quite an effort to reach Rachada during peak hours. No MTR possible as the MTR line in Rachada not ready yet.

But Papong is very near to Crowne Plaza.

Watana Mansion a B2200 for three night you call it a bargain ????

Read carefully lah.......
Go read the previous posting......the best price one bruther was offered when he called directly is B300 to B350.

Cheerios

caesar
04-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by phenom
I just stayed there again last week at B2200 per nite with buffet breakfast. Great rooms and totally no problems about briging chix for overnite. I done it as early as 9pm and as late as 3.30 am. And by next year the MRT will be right at the doorstep.

You are one very lucky guy...there was never a problem bringing in friends 2 years ago, but in my last few trips, there was the new policy.... security guards actually ask you to sign in "guests"

Still my fav hotel as the rooms are very clean & spacious...ABF is ok but the lounge & the other outlets (Doc Cheng, Japanese rest)suk.....The most important reason is that most of my favorite gals are just next door, a 3 min walk.....If u need any recommendations from this joint, pl pm me....

Emerald is cheap, can get for as low as 1600 bhats, but the front tower block shakes with the Sparks disco music...the rear block is slightly more expensive, so might as well stay at Merchant Court.

Palazzo...well...cheap....but think of Bencoolen Street & Geylang..
yup...that kind of class but if it is in your budget range then cannot be helped.

....ENJOY your stay in LOS

pgmic
04-04-2003, 08:54 PM
Silom is quite a highly traffic jam area. It will take quite an effort to reach Rachada during peak hours. No MTR possible as the MTR line in Rachada not ready yet.

Go read the previous posting......the best price one bruther was offered when he called directly is B300 to B350.

Cheerios

Thank u brother leens for the info.....if that is the case I probably stay somewhere near Ratchada....

phenom
04-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by caesar
You are one very lucky guy...there was never a problem bringing in friends 2 years ago, but in my last few trips, there was the new policy.... security guards actually ask you to sign in "guests"

Things seem to go the opposite way for me. Exactly two years ago, I stayed there as well and brought back gals for three nites. I was stopped by security each time and made to register them. The guards were polite and the registration was for the guests' protection - in case the chix made off with the hotel quest's cash and/or valuables. There was no penalty.
Anyway though the hotel is really good, I stay there each time only because of attending seminars. I usually stayed at the Sukhumvit area; such as President Park Apartments (B1,900) or Nana Hotel (B1075). The last was when I wanted to paint the nearby Nana Entertainment Plaza red.

CumKing
04-04-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by pgmic

Cheerios

Thank u brother leens for the info.....if that is the case I probably stay somewhere near Ratchada....

Hi Penang Mike,

If u wanna be in Ratchada area to be near the sinful stretch, yup Emerald & Merchant Court Hotels would be ideal selections.

And the marvellous restaurant SoomBoon Seafood restaurant is also a stone's throw away.

You may also consider 13 Coins Hotel which I was put up briefly recently. At B650 for whole day, it's good value for money.

Cheers,

CK

pgmic
05-04-2003, 04:16 PM
You may also consider 13 Coins Hotel which I was put up briefly recently. At B650 for whole day, it's good value for money.

dear ck,

kekekeke.......I thought 13 coins hotel is ur QC lab.......

pgmic

omnia
05-04-2003, 06:16 PM
[B I usually stayed at the Sukhumvit area; such as President Park Apartments (B1,900) [/B]

i quite like the presidenet park service apts for longish stay...quite competitive rates...24hrs room service...big rm fridge...cable tv...nice health club...provison shop & video outlet close by...good security & no problems with bringing home the puyings...one at soi28 & soi13 & 15(i think)...

btw also quite close to nice restaurents like cabbages & condoms,:crepes; Q bar & ministry of sound nightclub...

omnia
05-04-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by CumKing

And the marvellous restaurant SoomBoon Seafood restaurant is also a stone's throw away.
CK

made tastier with the eye candy at night eh:D !!

phenom
05-04-2003, 10:54 PM
i quite like the presidenet park service apts for longish stay...quite competitive rates...24hrs room service...big rm fridge...cable tv...nice health club...provison shop & video outlet close by...good security & no problems with bringing home the puyings...one at soi28 & soi13 & 15(i think)...

btw also quite close to nice restaurents like cabbages & condoms,:crepes; Q bar & ministry of sound nightclub...

The President Park I've been staying at many times is the Apartments at Soi 24. Good shopping venues nearby. A few minutes walk away at Rama 4 (Pharam 4 to the Thais) are the hypermarts Carrefour and Tesco Lotus. TL has now shortened its opening hours from 6 am to midnight. Back when it was operating 24 hours up to almost two years ago, everytime on my last nite in Bkk, I would be drinking at the bars till they closed, have a slow supper, and then shop at TL before picking up my baggage from the Apts and proceed straight to the airport to catch the first flight home. Saved a lot of time - and one nite's hotel. ;)
On Sukhumvit Road just beside the Skytrain station is the Emporium which have many branded goods outlets. The famous but expensive Seafood Market - been there twice with customers - is also nearby. As the Apts is about 15 to 20 minutes walk to the Sukhumvit Station, free shuttle service is provided during the weekdays - but frequency is not too good. However, motorbike taxis are available 24 hrs for 10 bahts.
I had never stayed at the other President Park, the Hotel, but had heard from a colleague who had once, when the Apts was full, that it sucks.
And yes, the staff at the Apts are extremely friendly and service oriented. The Security Guards always gave the guests (and their companions of the night) a full salute.

phenom
06-04-2003, 12:17 AM
I am thinking of staying at Crowne Plaza BKK which is at Silom Road. With the voucher I hv, I can stay first night for 50% of the rack rate (120usd) and get the second night free. The problem is whether it is far from Ratchada? Any access via subway...bla bla bla....
Another option is Watana Mansion. The package offered is B2200/= for 3 nights inclusive of airport transfers and breakfast....what a bargain....

Brothers who are familiar with BKK please comments........

Thank you.

Silom to Ratchada: MRT only ready next year. No direct bus. Taxi costs 7o Bahts and takes only 15 mins late at nite and in the wee hours of the morning. In heavy traffic, up to an hour.

siamcutey
06-04-2003, 12:23 AM
dear ck,

kekekeke.......I thought 13 coins hotel is ur QC lab.......

pgmic

"Sip Sarm Rian" was my 'lab" initially. With the influx of people testing in Sip Sarm Rian, guess I will make a switch to Palazzo where I can get local rates.

hahaha
SC

siamcutey
06-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Silom to Ratchada: MRT only ready next year. No direct bus. Taxi costs 7o Bahts and takes only 15 mins late at nite and in the wee hours of the morning. In heavy traffic, up to an hour.

Will need to change 2 buses from Silom. But hey why need to take bus????

In order to beat the jam, and with company of at least 2 more friends, take the BTS from Silom to Saphan Kwai Station. Take a cab and it will be faster.

By the time the establishments close, the abundance of taxis will be there for you to choose. Songkran comming, so please don't make a trip down to BKK to cheong as most angpais will not be working. Most establishments will be close.

But Mirage will be open. But then again, Angpais not working.......

hahaha
SC

pgmic
07-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Was informed by thaiboy regarding the songkran festival....so hv to postpone my trip liao...
maybe will travel there around 17th or 18th April....angpai come back to work by then???
It seems to me Ratchada should be the area to stay....will decide when arrive at BKK on which one, watana, 13 coins, pallazo....
Brother SC, will you be in BKK then???

siamcutey
07-04-2003, 02:19 PM
Was informed by thaiboy regarding the songkran festival....so hv to postpone my trip liao...
maybe will travel there around 17th or 18th April....angpai come back to work by then???
It seems to me Ratchada should be the area to stay....will decide when arrive at BKK on which one, watana, 13 coins, pallazo....
Brother SC, will you be in BKK then???

Maybe. Some Angpais take 1 month off.

Watana is just beside Copa, Poseidon

13 coins opp but far from main road.

Around Palazzo is happening. Near main road. Near Mirage. Near Emanuelle.

I will be in BKK but I might go to ChiangMai for holiday. See First.

SC

tirak69
08-04-2003, 12:05 AM
most girls go home during songkran. its their version of new year. heard that going to chiang mai more fun.
will plan my khrungthep trip in may. hopefully SARS over... else all MPs dun let us in.:D

Pfizer
25-04-2003, 05:49 PM
Somehow I find that by going through travel agents in Singapore for hotels, can fetch you a pretty good deal as opposed to going down to the hotel counter to book last min. They seem to have some kind of rack rates for the travel agents...

omnia
26-04-2003, 01:51 PM
on the topic of travel...just read SQ offering S$200 deals to bbk return to encourage pple to travel again...:cool:

siamcutey
26-04-2003, 01:58 PM
on the topic of travel...just read SQ offering S$200 deals to bbk return to encourage pple to travel again...:cool:

Read the asterix and the small print. Normally its for the 3rd and 4th person.

Before SARS, SQ offering at $198 for the 3rd and 4th person also have.

So if 1 person go still LPPL.

hahaha
SC

thaiboy
26-04-2003, 02:23 PM
"marvellous restaurant SoomBoon Seafood restaurant " only know SoomBoon......Everybody know abt that restaurant liao la...but they are good in few menu...must try "pa ka chay fai deang" and " si si mo fai"....local thai dun like to be there cos alot of HKie and another nationalitly dealing with drug etc...gather there

For best cheap seafood and soild enviroment.....off ratchada to meng chai......."Suan Na Tong".........with singer singing beautiful thai love song and bird tong chai latest hit.............got class.....a place for lover and group gathering...............

thaiboy

siamcutey
26-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by thaiboy
"marvellous restaurant SoomBoon Seafood restaurant " only know SoomBoon......Everybody know abt that restaurant liao la...but they are good in few menu...must try "pa ka chay fai deang" and " si si mo fai"....local thai dun like to be there cos alot of HKie and another nationalitly dealing with drug etc...gather there

For best cheap seafood and soild enviroment.....off ratchada to meng chai......."Suan Na Tong".........with singer singing beautiful thai love song and bird tong chai latest hit.............got class.....a place for lover and group gathering...............

thaiboy

And also a waitress selling japanese sushi which caught both our eyes. And when she knocked off from work, got 2 young guys waiting for her to bring her out. But the 2 young guys not us:(

By the way, the prawns in Suan Na Thong si bei fresh and cheap and good.

hahaha
SC

GiddlyGook
26-04-2003, 03:17 PM
One small correction on your terminology if I may:

Rack rate=published rate=highest rate

Nobody pays these. Or nobody should anyway.

In my experience, I'd agree with you about travel agents in Singapore - I've found that good ones usually charge maybe S$3-4 over the BKK travel agent. Small price to pay, IMO, for security if you're paying by credit card (cc) because I'd rate Singapore as one of the safest places to charge to a cc. I almost NEVER use a cc in BKK.

The times that I have to, I have a "special use" cc with a low low credit limit. One new thing with cc companies is that some are pioneering a concept called "virtual numbers". The idea is novel: the cc company lets you generate a one-time-use number that you can put a limit on. Say I want to book a room and Joe-Blow-Travel-Agent wants me to fax my cc to him. I generate the number (which looks like a bona fide credit card number), set a limit of $40 and send it off to him. The virtual number is different from your real cc number, expires after a month and immediately expires after it's used.

Giddly

Originally posted by Pfizer
Somehow I find that by going through travel agents in Singapore for hotels, can fetch you a pretty good deal as opposed to going down to the hotel counter to book last min. They seem to have some kind of rack rates for the travel agents...

GiddlyGook
26-04-2003, 03:44 PM
No, omnia's right. SIN-BKK-SIN is S$200 now before taxes. Taxes add another S$39/person. Tough times call for tougher discounting esp. when It's a S$120 discount off the usual S$320 (and that even for certain noon and late evening flts)

Fare Rules:
a) Ticket between 24 April-30 June 2003.
b) 2-14 days validity
c) 2 people
d) Applicable to all outbound/inbound flts
e) No FF accrual (which sucks)

But you are right too. One person and it's still LPPL (whatever that means but I can guess)

Giddly

Originally posted by siamcutey
Read the asterix and the small print. Normally its for the 3rd and 4th person.

Before SARS, SQ offering at $198 for the 3rd and 4th person also have.

So if 1 person go still LPPL.

hahaha
SC

TheUnforgiven
26-04-2003, 04:26 PM
But you are right too. One person and it's still LPPL (whatever that means but I can guess)

it means you still pay the normal extravagant SQ rates

Pfizer
26-04-2003, 05:30 PM

I was quoted about 400(one person) for a 10 day return SQ tix to bangkok in June.

I remember sometime last year or even during the beginning of the year, I had paid about 400 each (total 4 pple) for my trip to Bangkok. Which included SAS air fare, Asia hotel accomodation for 4 nights, airport transfers and also a 1/2 day city tour.

Travelling alone does make a difference..

Pfizer
26-04-2003, 05:33 PM
One small correction on your terminology if I may:

Rack rate=published rate=highest rate

Nobody pays these. Or nobody should anyway.

In my experience, I'd agree with you about travel agents in Singapore - I've found that good ones usually charge maybe S$3-4 over the BKK travel agent. Small price to pay, IMO, for security if you're paying by credit card (cc) because I'd rate Singapore as one of the safest places to charge to a cc. I almost NEVER use a cc in BKK.

The times that I have to, I have a "special use" cc with a low low credit limit. One new thing with cc companies is that some are pioneering a concept called "virtual numbers". The idea is novel: the cc company lets you generate a one-time-use number that you can put a limit on. Say I want to book a room and Joe-Blow-Travel-Agent wants me to fax my cc to him. I generate the number (which looks like a bona fide credit card number), set a limit of $40 and send it off to him. The virtual number is different from your real cc number, expires after a month and immediately expires after it's used.

Giddly

Pardon me..... It should read as "off the rack rates".... :)

Haven't heard of the virtual temporary credit card. WHich bank provides that service?

Pfizer
26-04-2003, 05:40 PM

thaiboy

What do I tell the taxi/tuk tuk driver? "Suan Na Tong"? Going over in June and looking for some nice places to go....

GiddlyGook
26-04-2003, 10:17 PM
citibank

Giddly

Haven't heard of the virtual temporary credit card. WHich bank provides that service?

siamcutey
26-04-2003, 10:58 PM
No, omnia's right. SIN-BKK-SIN is S$200 now before taxes. Taxes add another S$39/person. Tough times call for tougher discounting esp. when It's a S$120 discount off the usual S$320 (and that even for certain noon and late evening flts)

Fare Rules:
a) Ticket between 24 April-30 June 2003.
b) 2-14 days validity
c) 2 people
d) Applicable to all outbound/inbound flts
e) No FF accrual (which sucks)

Giddly

Okay, so the fineprint are all here.
The other time I took SQ, it was empty. Flight not more than 50 passengers I think

LPPL means Lan Pa Pah Lan . hehehehe

hahaha
SC

tirak69
27-04-2003, 02:30 AM
latest promo from SQ is $200 for a return airfare. its mentioned in saturday's ST. upon checking price is applicable for 2 pax flying into BKK.

siamcutey
27-04-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by tirak69
latest promo from SQ is $200 for a return airfare. its mentioned in saturday's ST. upon checking price is applicable for 2 pax flying into BKK.

I thinking don't come back Singapore for the time being due to SARS.

hehehe
SC

thaiboy
27-04-2003, 10:26 AM
What do I tell the taxi/tuk tuk driver? "Suan Na Tong"? Going over in June and looking for some nice places to go....

Tell the taxi man "Meng Chai" is the location........"Suan Na Tong" is the resturant name, and from Ratchada Robinson to there is only 10 min......and on the way there u will see some Thai middle class Karaoke along the road with young sweet thai chicks sitting outside waiting for customers.....hehehehe....check it out......get some BBBJ at the pub after your good meal.........

thaiboy....

odd_master
27-04-2003, 10:56 AM
I thinking don't come back Singapore for the time being due to SARS.

hehehe
SC

Wear mask lor......anyway...S$200 is too cheap not to take.
Good luck.

Pfizer
27-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Tell the taxi man "Meng Chai" is the location........"Suan Na Tong" is the resturant name, and from Ratchada Robinson to there is only 10 min......and on the way there u will see some Thai middle class Karaoke along the road with young sweet thai chicks sitting outside waiting for customers.....hehehehe....check it out......get some BBBJ at the pub after your good meal.........

thaiboy....

Thanks for the directions thaiboy :)

omnia
27-04-2003, 05:09 PM
Small price to pay, IMO, for security if you're paying by credit card (cc) because I'd rate Singapore as one of the safest places to charge to a cc. I almost NEVER use a cc in BKK.

Giddly

did not know that it was that dangerous using cc in bkk...are there alot of "cloning' cc cases even at upmarket joints?

GiddlyGook
27-04-2003, 11:58 PM
No, I'm sure I'm just being paranoid. But better safe than sorry: credit histories are everything and identity theft/security is of paramount concern.

I also think that "cloning" can happen anywhere: from low-rent to High Street. However, I do use cc's in Thailand for things like checking-in. Everything else I typically use cold hard cash.

Like I said, minimizing risk in countries where fraud is noted on a larger scale is always prudent. Another thing I do is inform my cc company to block purchases originating from any other country and that while I'm in Thailand, accept only charges from hotels. This only works with certain cards e.g. forward advice doesn't do jack with Amex etc.

Giddly

did not know that it was that dangerous using cc in bkk...are there alot of "cloning' cc cases even at upmarket joints?

GiddlyGook
28-04-2003, 12:25 AM
Was just browsing around planning for my next BKK trip. D'ma Pavilion in Pratunam is going for THB1,000 + ABF (taxes incl) at asiatravel.com if you stay 3 nights. Rate is THB1,500 per night - stay 2 nights and they throw in the 3rd night free.

Great deal.

Giddly

Freestyler69
30-04-2003, 02:42 PM
bros.. can provide info who to contact for booking hotel Merchant/ palazzo??? i got the wattana mansion site but it says 500baht per night for single, does this means if i take a queen size bed and bring back puying.they charge me extra?? please clarify bro...
or i stay manhattan.. cheap2..US$21/ per night

siamcutey
30-04-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Freestyler69
bros.. can provide info who to contact for booking hotel Merchant/ palazzo??? i got the wattana mansion site but it says 500baht per night for single, does this means if i take a queen size bed and bring back puying.they charge me extra?? please clarify bro...
or i stay manhattan.. cheap2..US$21/ per night

Watana will give you a queen size bed. They wouldn't charge you extra for bringing puying.

SC

CumKing
30-04-2003, 04:08 PM

Don't use Sol Twin Tower. They charge an extra #a***# 700 Baht for yr lady companion going up!!!

CCB!!!

CK

N.B. And they charged me an extra B300 for 3 small bottles of Evian which I didn't drink. The gal with me didn't consume them too bec she left immediately after our romp.

Sol Twin Tower - AVOID but the rooms are indeed FCUKING spacious!!

GiddlyGook
01-05-2003, 12:09 AM
Just stayed at Pathumwan Princess recently. I was attracted by its proximity to the BTS (right next door) and it's on top of MBK.

One word: Avoid. Reason: Overpriced for what you get.

Don't know about whether it's guest-friendly or not (I didn't bring guests back to my room) but it's a not that great a hotel. Best deals you can get right now are THB 2500/2700 (single/double) net + ABF directly from the hotel (+66 2216-3700).

They totally messed up my reservation. I had called in to Pathumwan Princess several days before to make the reservations. The guy at reservations seemed too quick taking down my name and he assured my that reservations will be entered later into the computer (I'm like: "What? Why later? Why not now? Why not at the same time you're speaking to me?") and after some confusion, he guaranted that everything was going to be OK. I turn up to check-in and nobody's ever heard of me. Sigh. I waste time providing yada-yada-ya details about myself etc.

Rooms are smallish (superior room) and smelt funny. Corridors were dark. I should have walked out there and then but I had a busy schedule and I was in a rush. Was woken up at 8am by banging sounds on my window (and I was on the 25th floor!) Turns out that window cleaners decided to make an early start.

The final straw was that I had a late flight out and wanted a late check-out (6 pm). Usually hotels accomodate such requests with no fuss when guest load levels ARE AT HISTORIC LOWS. They wanted to charge me half-a-day. Fuck that - they certainly ain't going to get repeat business from me.

Pathumwan Princess is no 4-star: more like a 3-3.5 star.

The more hotels I stay in BKK, the more I realise: the only good hotels to stay in are the 5-star hotels or the 2-3 star (1500 baht and below) hotels. Anything else in the gap (except Merchant Court) is going to disappoint. I have another stay coming up in June and I have reservations at the Conrad. Will post a FR if there is any interest.

Giddly

omnia
01-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Just stayed at Pathumwan Princess recently. I was attracted by its proximity to the BTS (right next door) and it's on top of MBK.

The more hotels I stay in BKK, the more I realise: the only good hotels to stay in are the 5-star hotels or the 2-3 star (1500 baht and below) hotels. Anything else in the gap (except Merchant Court) is going to disappoint. I have another stay coming up in June and I have reservations at the Conrad. Will post a FR if there is any interest.

Giddly

tks for the update mate...looks like PP has gone downhill since i last stayed there...thought it was quite a nice local hotel, good proximity & nice long pool...no puying cover charge but that was then...also found the rm quite comfortable...

on the whole tend to agree with you on the difference in quality between 5 & 4-3 star hotel...bitterly disappointed with baiyoke...think it is best to go with tried & trusted international chains as opposed to local run hotels...btw i highly reccomend service apts as opposed to 2-3star hotels...more relaxed environment & value for money...

out of interest...care to rate the top three hotels that you hv stayed in?...mine are as follows

peninsula
grand hyatt/shangri-la
banyan tree

* i hv excluded oriental because it is too pricey & not puying friendly

best service apts:

royal president grp...especially soi28 & soi 15

diamond

royal pacific off param 9

look forward to reading yr review on the Conrad...

Pfizer
01-05-2003, 04:18 PM

Don't know about whether it's guest-friendly or not (I didn't bring guests back to my room) but it's a not that great a hotel. Best deals you can get right now are THB 2500/2700 (single/double) net + ABF directly from the hotel (+66 2216-3700).

They totally messed up my reservation. I had called in to Pathumwan Princess several days before to make the reservations. The guy at reservations seemed too quick taking down my name and he assured my that reservations will be entered later into the computer (I'm like: "What? Why later? Why not now? Why not at the same time you're speaking to me?") and after some confusion, he guaranted that everything was going to be OK. I turn up to check-in and nobody's ever heard of me. Sigh. I waste time providing yada-yada-ya details about myself etc.

Rooms are smallish (superior room) and smelt funny. Corridors were dark. I should have walked out there and then but I had a busy schedule and I was in a rush. Was woken up at 8am by banging sounds on my window (and I was on the 25th floor!) Turns out that window cleaners decided to make an early start.

The final straw was that I had a late flight out and wanted a late check-out (6 pm). Usually hotels accomodate such requests with no fuss when guest load levels ARE AT HISTORIC LOWS. They wanted to charge me half-a-day. Fuck that - they certainly ain't going to get repeat business from me.

Giddly

I was actually considering Pathumwan Princess for my trip in June. Shucks. :(

Pfizer
01-05-2003, 04:19 PM
tks for the update mate...looks like PP has gone downhill since i last stayed there...thought it was quite a nice local hotel, good proximity & nice long pool...no puying cover charge but that was then...also found the rm quite comfortable...

on the whole tend to agree with you on the difference in quality between 5 & 4-3 star hotel...bitterly disappointed with baiyoke...think it is best to go with tried & trusted international chains as opposed to local run hotels...btw i highly reccomend service apts as opposed to 2-3star hotels...more relaxed environment & value for money...

out of interest...care to rate the top three hotels that you hv stayed in?...mine are as follows

peninsula
grand hyatt/shangri-la
banyan tree

best service apts:

royal president grp...especially soi28 & soi 15

diamond

royal pacific off param 9

look forward to reading yr review on the Conrad...

Any minimum period of stay for the service apartments?

I guess the main attraction of the Peninsula for me is the tv in the bathtub. :p Do other hotels have this feature?

GiddlyGook
02-05-2003, 01:29 AM
The majority of my trips to BKK have been on business. I'm the archetypal business traveller: I work all the time and rarely have time to play. Hence, I know BKK and yet, I don't know BKK. My jaunts have been mostly limited to the tourist sites (e.g. Golden Palace and the Wats: Pho, Arun & Phra Kaeow etc.) and shopping centers and restaurants. Maybe the occasional foray to Jatujak but the sheer heat is daunting.

I stay in 2 kinds of hotels. When on business, it's on someone else's dime. So I pamper myself. If it's a personal stay, I'm not so extravagant - I stay in 3-4 star hotels most of the time (e.g. Novotel Lotus, Merchant Court etc). So with the 5-star hotels, ask me whether the hotel is guest-friendly and you'd draw a blank stare. I don't bring WLs back. Period. I work in and come from an extremely litigious culture and I don't mix business with pleasure. I usually don't travel alone on business and it's probably career suicide to be caught back at your hotel with a chick by your boss. When it's a personal stay, of course, anything goes.

Unfortunately, all this business travel is winding down. Corporations are taking a sledgehammer to travel budgets and the excesses of the past are no longer possible in today's economic climate.

I've stayed at a number of hotels in the last couple of years, some of which I barely remember. Mostly, on business I stay at Sheratons or Marriotts. I have Plat. status with both chains so it pays to stay with them: the upgrades and the treatment is second-to-none.

Hotels I've recently stayed at in the last 2 years:
Personal Stay:
Emerald, Pathumwan Princess (both of which I've posted reviews)
Marriott Resort & Spa
Merchant Court
Novotel Lotus
Shangri-la

Business Stay:
J.W Marriott
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
Westin Grande Sukhumvit (formerly Grand Pacific)

I've never stayed at the Oriental and once at the Peninsula back when it opened in 2000. The Peninsula was nice but I don't remember much of it besides the fact that it was ultra-modern (in contrast with the sedate/traditional HK Peninsula) and that it was a pain-in-the-ass to take the ferry across to the other side.

So, my top 4 Hotels (in order):
J.W Marriott - both because I get Plat benefits
Peninsula
Shangri-la

I'll post reviews on some of the hotels above when I have time.

Giddly

peninsula
grand hyatt/shangri-la
banyan tree

GiddlyGook
02-05-2003, 11:38 AM
CX is offering a S$168 (S$199 after taxes) SIN-BKK-SIN fare. 1 ticketed pax OK (CX saying: up yours SQ).

Great deal.

Fare Rules:
Usual non-re-"everything"
Doesn't say anything about FFP accrual
Min 2 days Max 14 days

Call up your TA or look at zuji.com

Giddly

GiddlyGook
02-05-2003, 11:47 AM
Forgot to add, for the benefit of all BKK-bound brothers here, please post reports if anyone successfully gets this fare. It seems widely available and legit on zuji.com: I went all the way till the point where it asked for cc info.

Remember: always ask not what the forum can do for you, but what you can do for the forum.

Giddly

Freestyler69
02-05-2003, 11:53 AM
that's a good deal Bro!!

Do you know which agent in Sg promotes this fare?? I dun trust travel agents with my CC...i rather pay cash..

Normally the best fare is from Finnair at $230/- but now seems like everyone's having promo which is good for us!

GiddlyGook
02-05-2003, 12:26 PM
Why don't you call around and ask? (e.g. Chan Brothers etc.) I did say it was available on zuji.com and it may be available at a brick-n-mortar TA as well. Or not.

IMO, you won't have any trouble with cc fraud at zuji.com - they're owned by travelocity and a consortium of asian airlines (sort of the orbitz of Asia). Travelocity processes tons of bookings by cc.

Giddly

Do you know which agent in Sg promotes this fare?? I dun trust travel agents with my CC...i rather pay cash..

justl00king
02-05-2003, 12:40 PM
read in the papers yesterday....

flying to BKK on sia
stay 2 nights get third night free
hotel is novotel siam
must be twin sharing price is $348 per pax.

really attractive packages as you all know cause of the SARS issue. only thing holding me bac is dunno whether going there will be complications at the airport :(

siamcutey
02-05-2003, 02:11 PM
The majority of my trips to BKK have been on business. I'm the archetypal business traveller: I work all the time and rarely have time to play. Hence, I know BKK and yet, I don't know BKK. My jaunts have been mostly limited to the tourist sites (e.g. Golden Palace and the Wats: Pho, Arun & Phra Kaeow etc.) and shopping centers and restaurants. Maybe the occasional foray to Jatujak but the sheer heat is daunting.

I stay in 2 kinds of hotels. When on business, it's on someone else's dime. So I pamper myself. If it's a personal stay, I'm not so extravagant - I stay in 3-4 star hotels most of the time (e.g. Novotel Lotus, Merchant Court etc). So with the 5-star hotels, ask me whether the hotel is guest-friendly and you'd draw a blank stare. I don't bring WLs back. Period. I work in and come from an extremely litigious culture and I don't mix business with pleasure. I usually don't travel alone on business and it's probably career suicide to be caught back at your hotel with a chick by your boss. When it's a personal stay, of course, anything goes.

Unfortunately, all this business travel is winding down. Corporations are taking a sledgehammer to travel budgets and the excesses of the past are no longer possible in today's economic climate.

I've stayed at a number of hotels in the last couple of years, some of which I barely remember. Mostly, on business I stay at Sheratons or Marriotts. I have Plat. status with both chains so it pays to stay with them: the upgrades and the treatment is second-to-none.

Hotels I've recently stayed at in the last 2 years:
Personal Stay:
Emerald, Pathumwan Princess (both of which I've posted reviews)
Marriott Resort & Spa
Merchant Court
Novotel Lotus
Shangri-la

Business Stay:
J.W Marriott
Westin Grande Sukhumvit (formerly Grand Pacific)

I've never stayed at the Oriental and once at the Peninsula back when it opened in 2000. The Peninsula was nice but I don't remember much of it besides the fact that it was ultra-modern (in contrast with the sedate/traditional HK Peninsula) and that it was a pain-in-the-ass to take the ferry across to the other side.

So, my top 4 Hotels (in order):
J.W Marriott - both because I get Plat benefits
Peninsula
Shangri-la

I'll post reviews on some of the hotels above when I have time.

Giddly

Personally, since being around BKK, I do have some friends coming over from Singapore to BKK for a short holiday. So most of the time I will be at th elobbies of the hotels waiting for them.

One thing I would like to comment is that for most 4-5 star hotels in the central area(Sukhumvit, Silom), security is kinda a bit of tight. Not saying that the guards are damn on, its just that if they spot you having a female companion, they will probably ask for certain identity or an extra charge. The extra charge is more for them to actually earn some money. The identity check is for them to record if anything (touch wood) happens like stealing, etc , they will be able to help you track down the culprit.

So in one way or other its quite safe. As for hotels in ratchada, its easier for ladies to go in. Not sure why, maybe Ratchada is notorious for its "sleaziness".

Anyway, GG, the next time you are around in BKK, maybe drop me a call. We can maybe have a coffee or something.

hahaha
SC

omnia
02-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Any minimum period of stay for the service apartments?

I guess the main attraction of the Peninsula for me is the tv in the bathtub. :p Do other hotels have this feature?

no min stay required at service apts...in fact they are just like hotels...only abit more on the cosyside, to me that is...

perhaps you may also wish to check out the amari chain of hotels for px...not a local chain...

siamcutey
02-05-2003, 02:43 PM
no min stay required at service apts...in fact they are just like hotels...only abit more on the cosyside, to me that is...

perhaps you may also wish to check out the amari chain of hotels for px...not a local chain...

Actually only some serviced apartments do not have min stay.
Some allows you to rent for a day min while most actually requires a person to place a 2 months deposit plus 1 month rent

Watana is considered a serviced apartment

Serviced apartments which are more cosy costs around $10K baht per month at least. But for short stayers, I would still recommend a hotel.

SC

omnia
02-05-2003, 02:47 PM
Actually only some serviced apartments do not have min stay.
Some allows you to rent for a day min while most actually requires a person to place a 2 months deposit plus 1 month rent

i was referring to the ones which i mentioned abv dude...

siamcutey
02-05-2003, 03:25 PM
i was referring to the ones which i mentioned abv dude...

Hey dude,

I read the abv and thought you were saying in "general", so I posted mine in "general" too.

hahaha
SC

smallboi
04-05-2003, 03:56 PM
hi fellow mates,

Just to keep all informed abt another hotel is NOT FRIENDLY to LADIES GUEST....is Windsor Suites. Extra charge of TB1,000 for ladies guest...

So take note and stay away from this damn hotel....

happy cheonging in the mean time.
:mad: :mad:

Sinoview
05-05-2003, 01:26 PM
One point I think cheongsters should be awared is that hotels like Novotel Siam and Pathuwan Princess are infested by Singaporean.....b'cos of their locations.

The last thing we want is to be seen by a "relative" walking hand in hand with a "PRO" into the hotel........

Freestyler69
05-05-2003, 03:48 PM
wah.. you got so many relatives mah?? btw if your relatives r in bkk.. i think they may also do what u did there rite? ..hehe.. maybe you perm your hair b4 cheong in bkk.. then straighten it back at the Bkk airport b4 return Sg..!!

evangelist
05-05-2003, 04:31 PM
wah.. you got so many relatives mah?? btw if your relatives r in bkk.. i think they may also do what u did there rite? ..hehe.. maybe you perm your hair b4 cheong in bkk.. then straighten it back at the Bkk airport b4 return Sg..!!

don't think perm hair enough... :D

Freestyler69
05-05-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by evangelist
don't think perm hair enough... :D

then wat?? pretend be ah qua ????hehehehe

bapple
05-05-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by smallboi
hi fellow mates,

Just to keep all informed abt another hotel is NOT FRIENDLY to LADIES GUEST....is Windsor Suites. Extra charge of TB1,000 for ladies guest...

So take note and stay away from this damn hotel....

happy cheonging in the mean time.
:mad: :mad:

Hello smallboi,

Windsor Suites hotel is a nice hotel, I had a 2 room suite on the 33rd floor, had 2 TVs! Unfortunately no guests are allowed after 10pm. Fortunately was only booked for one night & didn't have any company..

Suspect that if you bring a girl before 10pm, you can enter from the back entrance, where theres a cafe & by pass the reception.

GiddlyGook
06-05-2003, 04:06 AM
I know I owe some reviews on hotels and I was going to write up a review on the Conrad based on an upcoming stay planned. Unfortunately, I've decided against staying at the Conrad for financial reasons. On the former, I'll try to find the time.

However, in the interim, I present to you TAT's newest campaign:
thailandsmilesplus.com

Summary:
Pay 1 night get another free.
Net of taxes + ABF
Best deals: J.W. Marriott and the Dusit Thani for US$70 (based on a 2 night stay). This is a good deal. Forget the rest.

Giddly

siamcutey
06-05-2003, 04:47 AM
I know I owe some reviews on hotels and I was going to write up a review on the Conrad based on an upcoming stay planned. Unfortunately, I've decided against staying at the Conrad for financial reasons. On the former, I'll try to find the time.

However, in the interim, I present to you TAT's newest campaign:
thailandsmilesplus.com

Summary:
Pay 1 night get another free.
Net of taxes + ABF
Best deals: J.W. Marriott and the Dusit Thani for US$70 (based on a 2 night stay). This is a good deal. Forget the rest.

Giddly

I try to check out the travel vouchers if I can get my hands on a set of BKK post tomorrow.

hahaha
SC

Pfizer
06-05-2003, 08:18 PM
CX is offering a S$168 (S$199 after taxes) SIN-BKK-SIN fare. 1 ticketed pax OK (CX saying: up yours SQ).

Great deal.

Forgot to add, for the benefit of all BKK-bound brothers here, please post reports if anyone successfully gets this fare. It seems widely available and legit on zuji.com: I went all the way till the point where it asked for cc info.

Remember: always ask not what the forum can do for you, but what you can do for the forum.

Giddly

Thanks bro Giddly, the zuji website is a good one. Many good deals...

I managed to book my one pax tix to Bkk at S$199, including taxes and no credit card surcharge. Ticket is on the way to my place via mail. Now for the hotel accomodations. :)

Pfizer
07-05-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by yomun
GiddlyGook,

Oh my gawd. :eek: You're da man! Thought SQ is cheap already. One mountain got another mountain high.

At first I thought it was some scam or something. Then, after clicking, clicking, clicking..... seems more credible. So yesterday, I call them up and paid.
:)

Chicane
08-05-2003, 06:09 PM
Anybody got any updates on D'ma Pavilion Hotel? Is it girl friendly? Heard that it's situated at New Petchburi Road....... is it near to where all the action is?

Pfizer
08-05-2003, 06:52 PM
Hi all,

To all those bros and forumers who are interested in using Zuji's services but unsure whether they are reliable or not. Here's an update.

I made a booking and payment for my ticket to bkk on the 6th May and I received the ticket via courier about 2 hours ago(on the 8th May)

Good service, no hassle.

A satisfied customer(so far),
Pfizer :)

ENTS
08-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Hi all,

To all those bros and forumers who are interested in using Zuji's services but unsure whether they are reliable or not. Here's an update.

I made a booking and payment for my ticket to bkk on the 6th May and I received the ticket via courier about 2 hours ago(on the 8th May)

Good service, no hassle.

A satisfied customer(so far),
Pfizer :)

I too booked my ticket through Zuji.
But I so sotong went to input First name and Last name wrongly.
Now that customer service called and told me I must pay $50 extra to rectify the problem. Suay ahh... so bros don't repeat my mistakes when you guys do booking k?

griffinthanos
08-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Yo Bro ENTS,

pm you already. Check your box.

btw, what hotel are you guys using?

suckerll
08-05-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by ENTS
I too booked my ticket through Zuji.
But I so sotong went to input First name and Last name wrongly.
Now that customer service called and told me I must pay $50 extra to rectify the problem. Suay ahh... so bros don't repeat my mistakes when you guys do booking k?

don't they give u a 'preview' at the end of it all?

Pfizer
09-05-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by griffinthanos
Yo Bro ENTS,

pm you already. Check your box.

btw, what hotel are you guys using?

The deal I got from Zuji is just the air tickets.... hotel gotta get separately

Hasa Sas
09-05-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Chicane
Anybody got any updates on D'ma Pavilion Hotel? Is it girl friendly? Heard that it's situated at New Petchburi Road....... is it near to where all the action is?

Uhh...Unless you been to Bkk before otherwise try other hotels in the siam area. It is defintely guest friendly without any hassle from the guards. Value for $$$$

Chicane
09-05-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Hasa Sas
Uhh...Unless you been to Bkk before otherwise try other hotels in the siam area. It is defintely guest friendly without any hassle from the guards. Value for $$$$

Siam area? Where is that? Erm... u mean D'ma is not guest friendly at all?? :confused:

alvin1969
09-05-2003, 12:08 PM
D'ma is quite convenient, near pratunam and world trade. The facilities and room are good and not very expensive. However, if you bring girls in after midnight, the hotel will charge you additioanal fee.

Hasa Sas
09-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Siam area? Where is that? Erm... u mean D'ma is not guest friendly at all?? :confused:

It is guest friendly as i had ever bring in lady during my stay in D'ma few months ago. Eastin and Bangkok palace hotel are just beside . With many roadside stalls, 7 eleven, traditional massage
parlours and cybercafe outside the hotel. Notice alot of Asians stay in this hotel too.

bollocksman
09-05-2003, 01:41 PM
just back from my virgin BKK trip a coupla weeks back,
i tried this hotel : majestic suites, right in the middle of Sukumvit and most of the area, just round the corner from NEp, though its still mainly white thrash around . THE hotel is most defintely GIRL friendly and damn convienient by the main road.

but as Jap tourists looking for value are beginning to come, so the area and the bars at nana are beginning to cater more to asian tastes, though i feel the prices are still staying high ( not to worry) most of them , i noticed are not high paying salarymen, but more middle class youngish jap guys with restricted budgets.

presently am looking at woraburi Inn ( down in soi 4) or Grand Inn soi 3, any comments on those places , anyone?? sorry dudes, I am on a budget so 5* places are out for me, and i need to exercise proper fiscal planning, so I can make more multiple trips to BKK monthly , instead of spending it all on 1 trip, staying at 5* places and eating only in Michelin grade restaurants...

Chicane
09-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Bros Alvin1969 & Hasa Sas,

Any idea what's the "penalty" for bringing in gals after midnight? Is it still in implementation? Cos sometimes I tend to return late.

Will it be a better idea to stay in Ratchada instead?

Sinoview
09-05-2003, 03:34 PM

Many Singaporean with "family" will stay in these two of hotels. Don't you know that, BKK is also a popular place to bring family for a short holiday. Good shooping, nice and cheap food......

You single ok lah.....but men with family better beware.

Sinoview
09-05-2003, 03:44 PM

Any idea what's the "penalty" for bringing in gals after midnight? Is it still in implementation? Cos sometimes I tend to return late.

The surcharge of bringing a lady back could range from B400 to B1500 depending on the class of hotel you are staying.

For Emerald Hotel.....I remember paying B600 whereby the room rate is only B1200. Thus it's quite "siong".

Depending on what type of fun you want, Rachada area is good. But then for the good hotel .....I know only Merchant Court got no surcharge for lady. Emerald and Grand Hotel do imposed surcharge.

Forget about hotels around Siam Square Area if you are in BKK for cheonging....it's good if you go with family or gf as the location are good for shopping and eating. Cheonging area are not there. Moreover, I think the hotels there like Pathuwan Princess, Novotel and Inter-con Hotel are all not lady friendly.

Enjoy your stay.

Hasa Sas
09-05-2003, 05:17 PM

Defintely it has to be ratchada if your objective to bkk is cheong plus bonk. Sukhumvit is another good choice too as it is a good mix of night entertainments and shoppings. Easily accesible to Siam by taking the BTS train which is just a few stations away.

Alot of bros did recommend Palazzo hotel or perhaps you might want to try out Rachada City Hotel (formerly Regina Hotel) which offer a quite reasonable rates.

griffinthanos
09-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Was recommended to try Amari Atrium by a travel agent and it only cost like $60 per night with breakfast. Good? Supposed to be 4 star hotel as well. Located along Petchburi Rd, is that like near the entertainment places like Poisedon?

suckerll
09-05-2003, 10:06 PM
Was recommended to try Amari Atrium by a travel agent and it only cost like $60 per night with breakfast. Good? Supposed to be 4 star hotel as well. Located along Petchburi Rd, is that like near the entertainment places like Poisedon?

not that near not that far, u've got to take a cab if u want to go to ratchada-where poisedon is

griffinthanos
10-05-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by suckerll
not that near not that far, u've got to take a cab if u want to go to ratchada-where poisedon is

Thanks bro, think that i will go for it. Saw the map and understand what you mean. But look at the websites like zuji and asiatravel and the price (which includes tax and stuff) seems really cheap plus breakfast provided. Anyhow, at the most come back hotel dun go out liao... stay in room and do the nasty...heh heh...

ENTS
10-05-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by arai_na
www.staybangkok.com

Watana Mansion a 500B per night

Close to action, cross the street to Copa and Posideon.

Chok dee

Bros, I've just visited the Watana Mansion website.
Now got promotion:
Special Promotion 3 Day Package Only 2,200 Baht, including:

3 nights stay, Airport pickup and delivery, Breakfasts , 30 mins internet access each day.
Now is that a good deal?

suckerll
10-05-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by ENTS
Bros, I've just visited the Watana Mansion website.
Now got promotion:
Special Promotion 3 Day Package Only 2,200 Baht, including:

3 nights stay, Airport pickup and delivery, Breakfasts , 30 mins internet access each day.
Now is that a good deal?

3days stay will only set u back by 1500,difference of 700 is quite alot taking into account that taxi to n fro is only 250 (someone correct me if i'm wrong) that leaves 450 for internet n breakfast...if u need to use internet n don't like to wonder around for breakfast(120 for 3 days-hawker food) then u can go for the package lor

Chicane
10-05-2003, 04:54 PM
Alot of bros did recommend Palazzo hotel or perhaps you might want to try out Rachada City Hotel (formerly Regina Hotel) which offer a quite reasonable rates.

Noted! I trust that these 2 are guest friendly as well?

tirak69
10-05-2003, 08:24 PM

for choice of MPs its still ratchada hands down. you get MPs like plaza and mona lisa in petchaburi area. another famous spot in the area is siam hotel... lots of FLs after 1am. :D

Pfizer
11-05-2003, 01:26 AM
Does any of the MPs mentioned in the thread, Poseidon, Emmanuel, etc have massage services (No bonking type)?

btw, i think there's something wrong with the email notification thingy.... even my PM alert service is bonkers already. :(

Chicane
11-05-2003, 06:04 AM
Which discos are more "happening"? As in frequented by young Thai people in the vicinity of hotels Palazzo, D'ma Pavilion, or even in Ratchada.

Is there a weekday crowd or weekend crowd only?

siamcutey
12-05-2003, 02:02 AM
3days stay will only set u back by 1500,difference of 700 is quite alot taking into account that taxi to n fro is only 250 (someone correct me if i'm wrong) that leaves 450 for internet n breakfast...if u need to use internet n don't like to wonder around for breakfast(120 for 3 days-hawker food) then u can go for the package lor
Sad to say, i think Watana food is overly priced by extra of 5 baht-10 baht. Maybe I have been staying in BKK for quite some while, but for that price, I rather pay lesser and eat at Carrefour ratchada and yet the food taste better, portions bigger. and at the same time some eye candy as well sitting at the food court.

Internet like fuck, tiam tiam hang. Earn so much money still don't apply for ADSL.

hahaha
SC

GiddlyGook
12-05-2003, 03:34 AM
I don't know whether it's "happening" (bec. I can hardly be described as "happening" myself) or not but I stepped in into Sparks at the corner of Emerald Hotel recently and saw a lot of people having a good time there - definitely lots of E-enhanced ravers partying here. Saw a lot of what seems to be Thai Chinese in here as well.

This was on a Sat night.

Giddly

Which discos are more "happening"? As in frequented by young Thai people in the vicinity of hotels Palazzo, D'ma Pavilion, or even in Ratchada.

Is there a weekday crowd or weekend crowd only?

Chicane
12-05-2003, 04:17 PM
Thanks bro Giddly!

Anyone heard of Club 20? Is it near to any hotel? How is the crowd there?

werdnac2002
13-05-2003, 07:36 AM
How to get Zuji prices.....??
Where to stay if i want to have fun in bkk? any recommended hotels which is gal friendly?
Average cost of a gal booked overnight?

Pfizer
13-05-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by werdnac2002
How to get Zuji prices.....??
Where to stay if i want to have fun in bkk? any recommended hotels which is gal friendly?
Average cost of a gal booked overnight?

Got to www.zuji.com.sg for the deals...

recommended hotels? Please read the threads...too many hotels to choose from

suckerll
13-05-2003, 06:19 PM
Does any of the MPs mentioned in the thread, Poseidon, Emmanuel, etc have massage services (No bonking type)?

btw, i think there's something wrong with the email notification thingy.... even my PM alert service is bonkers already. :(

most of them have traditional massage as well...but really doubt their standard

Pfizer
13-05-2003, 10:43 PM
most of them have traditional massage as well...but really doubt their standard

Where is a good place for a massage? I would like a good traditional one. :)

GiddlyGook
13-05-2003, 10:51 PM
I like Wat Pho. They run a massage school there. The massage is the Thai-type of massage and you are fully clothed. They start with your feet and move up. Very nice.

I can't remember what I paid but maybe it was around 200-300/hour.

Giddly

Where is a good place for a massage? I would like a good traditional one. :)

siamcutey
03-06-2003, 02:04 AM
Today went to have Singapore Chicken Rice in Ratchada and at the same time help Yomun and gang find hotel.

The result is rewarding. 1 up better than 13 coins and 3 up better than Watana

The hotel has 2 rates 600 baht and 700baht

I went to view the rooms for you guys.

So what is the difference between these 2 rooms for a mere 100baht?

The view is better.
The toilet is prettier.
The bed is prettier.
There are 2 additional sofas.
There is hot water flask for you to have hot water.

And this hotel have UBC cable TV which 13 coins and Watana don't have.

And it has a 24 hour coffee house. This place is Chinese friendly.

Supporters of Watana, you might have guessed it. Watana service staff sucks big time due to too much promotions from forums. The lousy beds still enable them to have full house at times. Food small portions. Internet usage sucks.

This hotel that is unmentioned is Ratchada City Hotel. Located at Pacharat Bampheen Soi 6. Near to Caesar.

Ratchada City Hotel is within walking distance to Market Huay Kwang. From Huay Kwang, you can walk to Emmanuelle, Nadia, Nataree, Subway, Hi Class, Mirage. Even Robinsons.

All for an extra 100baht-200baht per night. You get all these which Watana can only provide you with nearby Poseidon, Copa Cabana.

And it is near some Chinese Outlets.
So make your bookings right away.

tel : (02) 2750088

hahaha
SC

justl00king
03-06-2003, 02:32 AM
any hotel with two or three bedroom suites?

siamcutey
03-06-2003, 04:36 AM

Rent 2 rooms?

There is, but more on 4 stars hotels and 5 stars.

SC

omnia
03-06-2003, 01:58 PM

check out service apts if u r really interested...quite reasonably priced compared to the hotels...

justl00king
03-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Rent 2 rooms?

There is, but more on 4 stars hotels and 5 stars.

SC but guess this hotels are not guest friendly.

justl00king
03-06-2003, 02:57 PM
check out service apts if u r really interested...quite reasonably priced compared to the hotels... only going for a week max with my cheong kakis so guess service apts is out.:)

tirak69
03-06-2003, 11:36 PM
only going for a week max with my cheong kakis so guess service apts is out.:)

actually hotels in BKK are reasonably priced. you can try d'ma, palazzo, SC park. i am sure ratchada city that bro SC recommend also friendly. prices are about S$50 or less per nite. you get clean rooms and towels.

justl00king
04-06-2003, 02:18 AM
actually hotels in BKK are reasonably priced. you can try d'ma, palazzo, SC park. i am sure ratchada city that bro SC recommend also friendly. prices are about S$50 or less per nite. you get clean rooms and towels. any hotel at about S$100 per night should be fine. always stay at pratunam area so want try new location. guess now with the sars situation the room rates should be pretty good. most important must be near cheong places and guest friendly.;)

thaiboy
04-06-2003, 12:57 PM
Today went to have Singapore Chicken Rice in Ratchada and at the same time help Yomun and gang find hotel.

The result is rewarding. 1 up better than 13 coins and 3 up better than Watana

The hotel has 2 rates 600 baht and 700baht

I went to view the rooms for you guys.

So what is the difference between these 2 rooms for a mere 100baht?

The view is better.
The toilet is prettier.
The bed is prettier.
There are 2 additional sofas.
There is hot water flask for you to have hot water.

And this hotel have UBC cable TV which 13 coins and Watana don't have.

And it has a 24 hour coffee house. This place is Chinese friendly.

Supporters of Watana, you might have guessed it. Watana service staff sucks big time due to too much promotions from forums. The lousy beds still enable them to have full house at times. Food small portions. Internet usage sucks.

This hotel that is unmentioned is Ratchada City Hotel. Located at Pacharat Bampheen Soi 6. Near to Caesar.

Ratchada City Hotel is within walking distance to Market Huay Kwang. From Huay Kwang, you can walk to Emmanuelle, Nadia, Nataree, Subway, Hi Class, Mirage. Even Robinsons.

All for an extra 100baht-200baht per night. You get all these which Watana can only provide you with nearby Poseidon, Copa Cabana.

And it is near some Chinese Outlets.
So make your bookings right away.

hahaha
SC

wow knn SC so fast promote liao.....Ratchada City Hotel formely known as Reggina Hotel........

This time jialat liao...Watana sure lose alot of bussiness liao........watch out... the boss will gun you down if he happen to see your post...kekekekeke

thaiboy

siamcutey
04-06-2003, 05:10 PM
actually hotels in BKK are reasonably priced. you can try d'ma, palazzo, SC park. i am sure ratchada city that bro SC recommend also friendly. prices are about S$50 or less per nite. you get clean rooms and towels.

Actually Advertised room rates for Ratchada City Hotel is 1200baht nett.
But when I walked in and ask, its 600 baht and 700baht depending on which room I chose. Occupancy rate not high as it is not so near to main road.

And this hotel have Chinese Newspapers for guests to read cos its mainly for Chinese. You get to see many PRC guests and ladies inside too.

For an extra $4 SGD -100baht, you get a room 5 times better than Watana. Why not?

hahaha
SC

siamcutey
04-06-2003, 05:13 PM
wow knn SC so fast promote liao.....Ratchada City Hotel formely known as Reggina Hotel........

This time jialat liao...Watana sure lose alot of bussiness liao........watch out... the boss will gun you down if he happen to see your post...kekekekeke

thaiboy

If he sees my post, then he better overhaul all his computers, change his cust service staff and improve on its room conditions.

The last time I ate there, I didn't bother to even leave a tip for the staff, cos the service really sucks.Not even 1 baht. make me damn pissed. Its the business that make them so arrogant, so off I search for another place to give them a run for the money.

I better wear bullet proof vest and get my licence for firearms in BKK. Prepare for Gunwar.

hahaha
SC

omnia
04-06-2003, 08:44 PM
only going for a week max with my cheong kakis so guess service apts is out.:)

on the contrary mate...i believe most of the service apts in bkk offer a daily rate, wkly rate etc...to get a better deal ask in advance whther they hv any packages that may be rt up yr alley...

best bet for u (if u r interested) try the royal president grp service apts...3 or 4 locations ard sukhumvit area with varying pxes...quite competitive...with all the amenities of a hotel...& guest friendly...or the Ascott grp run by the s'pore ascott service apts chain...

justl00king
05-06-2003, 01:56 AM
on the contrary mate...i believe most of the service apts in bkk offer a daily rate, wkly rate etc...to get a better deal ask in advance whther they hv any packages that may be rt up yr alley...

best bet for u (if u r interested) try the royal president grp service apts...3 or 4 locations ard sukhumvit area with varying pxes...quite competitive...with all the amenities of a hotel...& guest friendly...or the Ascott grp run by the s'pore ascott service apts chain... thanks for info...will check it out:)

GiddlyGook
05-06-2003, 10:19 AM
http://galleriainn.8k.com/

Have not stayed here myself but it doesn't look too shabby. In the same vicinity as the previously mentioned places.

Giddly

C4 (Bomb)
05-06-2003, 01:39 PM
Hi Bro!
I & my friz r go to bkk on 18th june can any1 help me by telling me where can we find cheap & good babe in bkk?Me staying in twin tower.anywhere in bkk got cheap & good babe??
If can Pls Pm Me Pls,Thx for ur help.

thaiboy
05-06-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by C4 (Bomb)
Hi Bro!
I & my friz r go to bkk on 18th june can any1 help me by telling me where can we find cheap & good babe in bkk?Me staying in twin tower.anywhere in bkk got cheap & good babe??

Bkk babes are expensive compare to south side hattyai. Go to RCA in the night and maybe you can have a good catch...........

My friend got a free fuck after giving them a nice dinner at the BOOK CLUB at Meng Chai...hahahaha....thai ladies give you real song if they really in love with you on first sight.

hahaha the poor mother is waiting for her daughter to come back until next morn.....

thaiboy

C4 (Bomb)
05-06-2003, 07:47 PM
Bkk babes are expensive compare to south side hattyai. Go to RCA in the night and maybe you can have a good catch...........

My friend got a free fuck after giving them a nice dinner at the BOOK CLUB at Meng Chai...hahahaha....thai ladies give you real song if they really in love with you on first sight.

hahaha the poor mother is waiting for her daughter to come back until next morn.....

thaiboy

But we r go 2 bkk not hattyai so can any1 advise??
need 2 know more place b4 we go n find babe there.
by the way where is this book club???

Hasa Sas
06-06-2003, 09:31 AM
But we r go 2 bkk not hattyai so can any1 advise??
need 2 know more place b4 we go n find babe there.
by the way where is this book club???

In hatyai, you can have the gal for about 24hrs and spend most of the times in the room bonking whereas in bkk you will be out the whole day sanuk and party till early morning. :D
Be prepare to pay 100% more than hatyai rates for the girls.

Cuntalk
06-06-2003, 12:06 PM
In hatyai, you can have the gal for about 24hrs and spend most of the times in the room bonking whereas in bkk you will be out the whole day sanuk and party till early morning. :D
Be prepare to pay 100% more than hatyai rates for the girls.

ya man wat for pay 100% more...i rather book another gal in HatYai...2 gals for 24hrs tama sanook in HatYai for the price of 1 in bkk...:cool:

Pfizer
06-06-2003, 01:21 PM

hahaha
SC

I will go try it out on the 9th June... :)

Sinoview
06-06-2003, 02:12 PM
Hi Bro!

Your questions too general liao...

Go read thru the postings relating to BKK and come back with more specfic questions....then probably someone can help you.

You need to work......don't expect answers to fall from the sky.

C4 (Bomb)
06-06-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Cuntalk
ya man wat for pay 100% more...i rather book another gal in HatYai...2 gals for 24hrs tama sanook in HatYai for the price of 1 in bkk...:cool:

Thx Bro! For ur advise.But my air-ticket is book & hotel is twin tower n cant change liao so thx for all ur advise cos me 1st time there so me looking for so info over there :)

Hasa Sas
07-06-2003, 12:43 AM
Thx Bro! For ur advise.But my air-ticket is book & hotel is twin tower n cant change liao so thx for all ur advise cos me 1st time there so me looking for so info over there :)

Have ever picked up some FLs from CM2 before....rates are around 2k-3k so shouldn't be any problem. Alot of farang frequent this spot so try to hook up gals who show interest with you such as giving u a warm smile and eye contact. Some of them are working adult and can be quite stuck up at times.

ChorDee Krup

:cool:

siamcutey
07-06-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Cuntalk

Some people love big boobs
Some people love young girls
Some people love mature women
Some people love fair skin girls
Some people love tanned skin girls
Some people love Cat40
Some people love Cat80
Some people love cat150, the list goes on and on and on.

Up to preference in individuals. Some love cheong Hatyai and some love cheong BKK.

As long as one pays the money and song, that is most important. We pay to get happy. Not pay to compare who gets the most bonks at the end of the day.

Its not the quantity, but the quality of the orgasm.

hahaha
SC

TheUnforgiven
07-06-2003, 04:40 AM
Up to preference in individuals. Some love cheong Hatyai and some love cheong BKK.

As long as one pays the money and song, that is most important. We pay to get happy. Not pay to compare who gets the most bonks at the end of the day.

Well said.

C4 (Bomb)
08-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Some people love Cat40
Some people love Cat80

hahaha
SC

agreed wif u also.i just dont 1 2 b kana tok only.
THX for bro info

Cuntalk
09-06-2003, 11:08 AM
Some people love Cat40
Some people love Cat80

hahaha
SC

correct its up to individuals...

some like the quantity of the bonk...
some like the quality of the bonk...
some like both the quantity n quality of the bonk...:p

LFC1985
09-06-2003, 02:52 PM
heloo
mi was a new bird to here
just want to asked some thing from u all
mi going to BbK next month..
can i now which hotel was girl frendly...
is ASIA hotel or Dma hotel good....
pls help thank:D

pussyman
10-06-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by LFC1985
heloo

http://bangkoktonight.com/hotels/girl_friendly.shtml

Pfizer
10-06-2003, 07:27 PM
heloo

Asia hotel got many many singaporeans.. I myself bumped into a few "frens" there last time...

LFC1985
10-06-2003, 08:27 PM
thank for the help...
Pfizer and pussyman bro.....

i heard Dma hotel was good and cheap???

Pfizer
10-06-2003, 09:57 PM
I will go try it out on the 9th June... :)

About 30-45 min journey by taxi from the airport. Pretty easy to find as it is located physically behind Caesar's. I came from the airport(north) so my taxi had to make a left turn at the junction of Hway Kwang and Ratchada. Din actually know where it was prior to arriving despite SC's directions cos din take down and had no access to net thereafter. Lucky for me, the taxi I was in was caught in a traffic jam at the said junction. Looking left and right, the taxi driver and me were looking around for the hotel... in the end, she (the taxi driver) managed to spot the hotel. All I saw was Poseidon on the right, Emmanuelle on the right... haha...

After reaching the hotel, though the tag on the registration counter says standard room 1200 bahts... after I had registered, the counter staff enquired, 600 or 700 bahts room? I was there for one night so I opted for the 600 baht option. The bellboy helped me to shift my stuff to the room. My room was near the swimming pool on the third floor...

After settling into the room, checked out the various switches and buttons in the room. TV with remote, got satellite tv channels with chinese shows, star movies, etc. Hmm... the only complaint I have is that the balcony door cannot be locked from the inside, only from the outside. Weird configuration, din bother to change rooms as too tired and lazy already and after surveying, the balcony is not exactly accessible from my neighbouring rooms...

Room size about 2 times a typical hotel 81 room. Price is about half of a hotel 81 room. Rooms quite dated and has a musky smell of an old aircon, but no big problems for me. Can't expect much from S$25...

Location is good for those into the MP scene. heh heh... internet shop got one around the corner on the "main road", and another one which looks more like an internet shop on the main ratchada road. One JJ minimart (24 hours i think) on the "main road" just around the corner on the right side with chinese shopkeepers(who speak mandarin/hainanese/thai) and one "Boon Kee" Hainanese Chicken Rice across the road. Within 5 min walk is the Hway Kwang area where there are more choces for food and drinks. Got around three to four 7-11 outlets too.

Bed is good and firm. Good for bonking... but I was alone so no FR on that. Overall, not bad for 600 bahts. :) Oh yes, they accept VISA too... without surcharge

tirak69
10-06-2003, 11:58 PM
thank for the help...
Pfizer and pussyman bro.....

i heard Dma hotel was good and cheap???

d'ma is about S$40 - S$50 depending on which website you book from. standard is about a decent 3 star in our local context. most important is that its friendly. for same price i recommend palazzo as its in ratchada - whre the action is. the nearest MP to d'ma is palza and further up you have champs elysees (askoke din daeng) and mona lisa (petchaburi road).

LFC1985
11-06-2003, 03:59 PM
thank bros for the all advice and help........
:D
mi will be there with my gf from...
for bonking hehehehe

vaxvms
11-06-2003, 09:21 PM
About 30-45 min journey by taxi from the airport. Pretty easy to find as it is located physically behind Caesar's. I came from the airport(north) so my taxi had to make a left turn at the junction of Hway Kwang and Ratchada. Din actually know where it was prior to arriving despite SC's directions cos din take down and had no access to net thereafter. Lucky for me, the taxi I was in was caught in a traffic jam at the said junction. Looking left and right, the taxi driver and me were looking around for the hotel... in the end, she (the taxi driver) managed to spot the hotel. All I saw was Poseidon on the right, Emmanuelle on the right... haha...

After reaching the hotel, though the tag on the registration counter says standard room 1200 bahts... after I had registered, the counter staff enquired, 600 or 700 bahts room? I was there for one night so I opted for the 600 baht option. The bellboy helped me to shift my stuff to the room. My room was near the swimming pool on the third floor...

After settling into the room, checked out the various switches and buttons in the room. TV with remote, got satellite tv channels with chinese shows, star movies, etc. Hmm... the only complaint I have is that the balcony door cannot be locked from the inside, only from the outside. Weird configuration, din bother to change rooms as too tired and lazy already and after surveying, the balcony is not exactly accessible from my neighbouring rooms...

Room size about 2 times a typical hotel 81 room. Price is about half of a hotel 81 room. Rooms quite dated and has a musky smell of an old aircon, but no big problems for me. Can't expect much from S$25...

Location is good for those into the MP scene. heh heh... internet shop got one around the corner on the "main road", and another one which looks more like an internet shop on the main ratchada road. One JJ minimart (24 hours i think) on the "main road" just around the corner on the right side with chinese shopkeepers(who speak mandarin/hainanese/thai) and one "Boon Kee" Hainanese Chicken Rice across the road. Within 5 min walk is the Hway Kwang area where there are more choces for food and drinks. Got around three to four 7-11 outlets too.

Bed is good and firm. Good for bonking... but I was alone so no FR on that. Overall, not bad for 600 bahts. :) Oh yes, they accept VISA too... without surcharge

a vali good overall picture on ratchada city hotel
got balcony some more.......miss bonkin in the balcony keke
seem a goot bargain
ya wat is the diff bet 600 bahts room and 1200 bahts room?

tirak69
13-06-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by vaxvms
seem a goot bargain
any bros stayed at chao phaya park before? would like to hear some comments about this hotel and whether its guest friendly.
thanks!

LFC1985
13-06-2003, 01:10 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
seem a goot bargain

:D

the room for 2 person to stay rite cos mi bring mi gf the bonk there,,,,
anyone can give advice... thank:p

Pfizer
13-06-2003, 10:56 AM
seem a goot bargain

You wouldn't want to bonk in the balcony ... it faces the open car park where the cars come in and drop off passengers, and there is a security sitting downstairs that somehow seems to be facing u all the time. Hmmm, like some famous pictures and paintings. Unless, u like to be watched while bonking...

Difference only in the rates I guess. The displayed tag of 1200 bahts should be a guideline. But the opening price was either 600 or 700 bahts.

Pfizer
13-06-2003, 11:12 AM
No wonder Vaxvms likes hotel room with a balcony. Now I know. Voyeur freak. Hahahaha!

next time he bonks in the balcony, we go and watch... I like to watch. :p

Sinoview
13-06-2003, 11:44 AM
any bros stayed at chao phaya park before? would like to hear some comments about this hotel and whether its guest friendly.
thanks!

I stayed in this Choa Phaya Park Hotel two - three years ago. The rooms size is bigger than that of Emerald. The hotel is quite well maintance then. The breakfast is about Emerald standard but nowhere near Merchant Court. It was not gal friendly. That's the main reason we switched to Nikko Hotel (now Grand Hotel) then.

Location wise, it's also a bit out of "where the action are".

But its good for golf players as getting out to golf courses is very convenient.

Enjoy youurself.

thaiboy
13-06-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Sinoview
I stayed in this Choa Phaya Park Hotel two - three years ago. The rooms size is bigger than that of Emerald. The hotel is quite well maintance then. The breakfast is about Emerald standard but nowhere near Merchant Court. It was not gal friendly. That's the main reason we switched to Nikko Hotel (now Grand Hotel) then.

Location wise, it's also a bit out of "where the action are".

But its good for golf players as getting out to golf courses is very convenient.

Enjoy youurself.

Chao Phaya Park Hotel price is 1800bhat with breakfast and 1600bhat without breakfast.

The room is quite big but a bit run down. As for gal friendly should not be a problem nowadays.

Club 20 is just few stone away, and they have a Spa opening this month soon.

thaiboy

suckerll
13-06-2003, 07:03 PM
next time he bonks in the balcony, we go and watch... I like to watch. :p i bring my video camera can? we can VCD from that!!! kekekeke :D

GiddlyGook
15-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Someone was asking earlier on the Merchant Court at Ratchada. Too lazy to find and quote the post but in Sat's editition of The Nation, the hotel is offering a B1700 rate for single or twin up till August. No restriction mentioned on having to be Thai. You have to call the hotel to get this rate.

Giddly

bollocksman
14-07-2003, 01:48 PM
Hey guys.. here are some hotels in certain areas, popular with singaporean pakage tourists and families, So if you wanna be spotted by a family member or office colleague (whos on "clean holiday") with a TG on your ARM. go ahead and book them

Hotels in Petburi and pratunam area. such as bangkok palace, pratunam princess, Eastin. Most of these hotel, have varying degree of guest friendliless.

as for NOvotel SIAM Square, due to its location and popularity with package singaporean tourists. i for one , would not stay there, if i am a cheonger, even though the ever popular pick up joint CM2 is just downstairs. the hotel itself is not Girl/guest friendly.

Freestyler69
14-07-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by bollocksman
Hey guys.. here are some hotels in certain areas, popular with singaporean pakage tourists and families, So if you wanna be spotted by a family member or office colleague (whos on "clean holiday") with a TG on your ARM. go ahead and book them

Hotels in Petburi and pratunam area. such as bangkok palace, pratunam princess, Eastin. Most of these hotel, have varying degree of guest friendliless.

as for NOvotel SIAM Square, due to its location and popularity with package singaporean tourists. i for one , would not stay there, if i am a cheonger, even though the ever popular pick up joint CM2 is just downstairs. the hotel itself is not Girl/guest friendly.

i always take the Sukhumvit hotels as it's quite tourist area..easy to find food/etc..taxi from sukh to ratchada is only 60-80baht.so no problem for me... the one which is cheap and good location is Manhattan hotel..only US$23/- for double room..no joiner..

Bruce
14-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by bollocksman

To all cheongers....

Of all the hotels in Bangkok, pls do not check-in together with ur TG at Pathumwan Princess.
2 weeks ago, i have check-in together with my Tirak and was told that i still have to pay 800bahts per night.
The reasons being she is a Thai and we are not husband/wife . As i try to argue with them why last month when checkin with TG, no surcharge and the management told me that they have just implement this new regulation.
So pls avoid this fcuking hotel!!!

Regards,Bruce

Sinoview
14-07-2003, 05:27 PM
Someone was asking earlier on the Merchant Court at Ratchada. Too lazy to find and quote the post but in Sat's editition of The Nation, the hotel is offering a B1700 rate for single or twin up till August. No restriction mentioned on having to be Thai. You have to call the hotel to get this rate.

Giddly

For this price......it's a very good deal.

The room in Merchant Court is much bigger, better equipt and newer than Emerald. Their breakfast is superb too....

Seafood
14-07-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Bruce
To all cheongers....

Of all the hotels in Bangkok, pls do not check-in together with ur TG at Pathumwan Princess.
2 weeks ago, i have check-in together with my Tirak and was told that i still have to pay 800bahts per night.
The reasons being she is a Thai and we are not husband/wife . As i try to argue with them why last month when checkin with TG, no surcharge and the management told me that they have just implement this new regulation.

Regards,Bruce
It happened to me and my friends too a couple months back where we were charged Bahts 1.6K per nite for bring in two TGs in that same hotel. That is the reason why they closed the elevator on the ground floor so that you will have to pass the receptions for easy identifications. I never go there since....

TheUnforgiven
14-07-2003, 08:36 PM

It is understandable if some hotels want to protect their reputation by charging extra for bringing a WL for overnight. But I have no tolerance for those who even attempt to charge your tirak for checking in with you. This is what I would have done if I were in your position:

1.) Request for the manager and complain that they are demeaning your gf by enforcing this rule on the two of you. Specifically ask whether they are assuming your girl is a prostitute.

2.) After giving them a piece of your mind, call a friend (sure to meet up with someone when you are there) and tell him you will be changing to XXX hotel.

3.) Also inform him (make sure the manager hears this) to post on the internet that this hotel is fucked. Ask him to inform any other friends who are coming to avoid the hotel.

4.) When you come back to Singapore, go to every related forum and post your story.

5.) Write a complain email to the hotel and also append the links of your posts to it. Also write an email to any related travel agencies and ask them not to reccomend this hotel to clients in future.

Of course, doing all 5 is an extreme (yet legal) measure. I would only do it if I'm seriously pissed off, which I assume you are. This will teach these fucked up hotels a lesson. Revenge is sweet.

Bruce
15-07-2003, 10:33 AM
It is understandable if some hotels want to protect their reputation by charging extra for bringing a WL for overnight. But I have no tolerance for those who even attempt to charge your tirak for checking in with you. This is what I would have done if I were in your position:

1.) Request for the manager and complain that they are demeaning your gf by enforcing this rule on the two of you. Specifically ask whether they are assuming your girl is a prostitute.

2.) After giving them a piece of your mind, call a friend (sure to meet up with someone when you are there) and tell him you will be changing to XXX hotel.

3.) Also inform him (make sure the manager hears this) to post on the internet that this hotel is fucked. Ask him to inform any other friends who are coming to avoid the hotel.

4.) When you come back to Singapore, go to every related forum and post your story.

5.) Write a complain email to the hotel and also append the links of your posts to it. Also write an email to any related travel agencies and ask them not to reccomend this hotel to clients in future.

Of course, doing all 5 is an extreme (yet legal) measure. I would only do it if I'm seriously pissed off, which I assume you are. This will teach these fucked up hotels a lesson. Revenge is sweet.

Btw, i did make a very FUSS arguments with the manager-in-charge and demand them why every mth, i check-in with my TG, no problem and why this time??!!!
Did you know, he gave me very funny reasons which im very piss-off and i really demand to see their higer authority!!
IN the end, the manager allowed me for the last time!!
And i told them, tis will be ALSO MY LAST TIME STAYING AT THEIR FCUKG HOTEL!!!

Regards,
Bruce

GiddlyGook
15-07-2003, 03:02 PM
There has been some discussion, here and another thread, on guest friendly hotels. I'd like to weigh-in with my experience. I've been a freq. BKK traveller over the past several years, mostly on business, and as a result I have had the distinct pleasure of sampling several hotels on someone else's dime (the best way to travel IMO).

With true international 5-star hotel chains (except the Oriental I hear), guest-friendliness is a non-subject - it doesn't even appear in their vocabulary. You, the guest, are deemed to be an adult and who you bring to the room (short of elephants and sorry to say, durians) is your business. Period. They don't even bat an eyelid, no IDs asked, nothing. Hotels I've stayed in that fall into this category are: JW Marriott, The Conrad and Sheraton Grande in Sukhumvit and the Shangri-la by the river. The Marriott by the river is another hotel I frequently stay at and their guest policy is iffy but then I don't really consider it a 5-star.

Personal anecdotes follow.
1) The JW for example, last week. I was outside indulging in a nasty nicotine fix when a farang chap comes running by followed by an obviously enraged Nana denizen. She's like hitting him and the poor spineless sap is doing his best to dodge her blows. The reason why becomes clear in a moment - he's bringing another girl back with him! Now what does hotel security do? They immediately tackle the spurned/jealous bargirl outside the hotel (by now she's shouting at the top of her voice Mai ao! Mai ao!) thereby letting the cad and his new catch-of-the-day enter the hotel. And that's a fine example of what a guest policy should be.

2) I was at the Shangri-la in deep sleep when at 4am I hear knocking on my door. I clumsily get out of bed and in a daze I open the door. What stood outside my door was a single lady, with highlighted rebonded hair, visible tattoos above the left breast (the chinese character for dragon) and a tribal design on the lower back. Hard to tell at a glance if she was a working girl or just being extremely hip but she definitely would have been stopped cold at a lesser hotel and asked what her business was. Instead she apparently sashayed past security at 4am to appear in front of my door, totally unimpeded. Why she was there is another story altogether.

3) The Conrad 2 weeks ago. I'm outside polluting the world again with a lit butt when a taxi pulls up. An obviously working girl (in full working girl regalia) is in the cab. The doorman opens the door for her but she lingers in the taxi, talking loudly on her cellphone. The conversation could be heard within a radius of 5 meters: what hotel you stay? I no sure which. Ne-ah I Conlat right now. Yes?. She gets out after a minute or two and brazenly tips the doorman 20 baht and walks in. Nobody bats an eyelid.

Giddly

siamcutey
15-07-2003, 04:50 PM
Those package offers by Singapore Tour Agencies, are not that guest friendly actually.

Pathumwan Princess, Novotel, Sol Twin. Basically those family hotels, will be stricter than others. This is from what I observed.

hahaha
SC

MarkNgSiongBoon
15-07-2003, 06:45 PM
To all cheongers....

Regards,Bruce believe it or not, i was once asked to produce my marriage cert. when checking in with my then thai wife once!!!

vaxvms
15-07-2003, 08:10 PM
another 5 star joint which is guest friendly is hyatt
no problem extra guests back, touch wood, as me gg stay there on my next business trip

vaxvms
15-07-2003, 08:14 PM
You wouldn't want to bonk in the balcony ... it faces the open car park where the cars come in and drop off passengers, and there is a security sitting downstairs that somehow seems to be facing u all the time. Hmmm, like some famous pictures and paintings. Unless, u like to be watched while bonking...

Difference only in the rates I guess. The displayed tag of 1200 bahts should be a guideline. But the opening price was either 600 or 700 bahts.

not every whr hotel got mood to bonk in balcony
best bonk at balcony is at shanghai and it was freezing outside
both party are entusiatic to get close to each other
BKK hardly got the mood
need full blazz air con to start the bonkin mood gg

siamcutey
16-07-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by MarkNgSiongBoon
believe it or not, i was once asked to produce my marriage cert. when checking in with my then thai wife once!!!

Then you should ask the staff whether they are married.If there is any married personnel on the spot, ask them whether they keep the marriage cert in their wallets or on them. And if I bring my children, do I need to bring their birth certs to certify they are my children and not kidnapped from somewhere else?

hahaha
Sc

Ah Des
16-07-2003, 01:06 AM
deleted

MarkNgSiongBoon
16-07-2003, 01:16 AM
Then you should ask the staff whether they are married.If there is any married personnel on the spot, ask them whether they keep the marriage cert in their wallets or on them. And if I bring my children, do I need to bring their birth certs to certify they are my children and not kidnapped from somewhere else?

hahaha
Sc i've had it with these hotels, that's why now i rent on a permanent basis instead, B$5K no questions ask and full privacy.

MarkNgSiongBoon
16-07-2003, 01:35 AM
I read on the other thread that you're staying in an apartment at Ratchada Soi 19. Are there any apartments that are rented on a daily or weekly basis? What are the rates? I still prefer to stay in an apartment. I feel like a 'resident' and more homely. i'm paying B$5K per month (not inclusive of B$10K deposit) and around B$1K for utilities. My place is cheap even by BKK standards but is still good enough for Singaporeans standard if you know what I mean. I have stayed all over (from the good bad to the ugly) but this present place is the most value for money so far. They do have daily and weekly rates (i have to check how much) but for the longer stay periods sorry to disappoint I doubt you can get a room as it is alway full with waiting list. This place been very popular with locals girls, I would not have been able to moved in had my friend not moved out and transfer to me. If you want I can hook you up with one of my many single female neighbours......;) (disclaimer: I am not an OKT)

CumKing
16-07-2003, 01:43 AM
i'm paying B$5K per month (not inclusive of B$10K deposit) and around B$1K for utilities. My place is cheap even by BKK standards but is still good enough for Singaporeans standard if you know what I mean. I have stayed all over (from the good bad to the ugly) but this present place is the most value for money so far. They do have daily and weekly rates (i have to check how much) but for the longer stay periods sorry to disappoint I doubt you can get a room as it is alway full with waiting list. This place been very popular with locals girls, I would not have been able to moved in had my friend not moved out and transfer to me. If you want I can hook you up with one of my many single female neighbours......;) (disclaimer: I am not an OKT)

Yr last sentence alone will BURST yr PM Box....kekekekeke

I WILL PM YOU SOON KEKEKEKE,

CK

MarkNgSiongBoon
16-07-2003, 01:45 AM
maybe i should start to charge an 'introduction' fee...hehe:D

CumKing
16-07-2003, 02:05 AM
maybe i should start to charge an 'introduction' fee...hehe:D

Just be a property agent & broker the deal lor....

Earn commission, nothing wrong with that...kekeke

Soi 99,

CK

justl00king
16-07-2003, 02:09 AM
i've had it with these hotels, that's why now i rent on a permanent basis instead, B$5K no questions ask and full privacy. really good deal. like that can stay long term!:D

CumKing
16-07-2003, 02:58 AM
really good deal. like that can stay long term!:D

Actually, one can get lots of choices if one is willing to fork out B5K mthly rent for appts in BKK...

I LOVE BKK!!!

CK

siamcutey
16-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Actually they have a website. Hehe. Singaporeans beware cuz I'll be around the corner and can smell you within 20 metres. :D

Ratchada City Hotel
1,3,5,7,9 Soi Soontornsiri Pacharajbumphen Rd.,
Huay Khwang Bangkok
Tel: (02) 275 0088
Fax: (662) 275 0099
http://regina.gdhotels.net/en/about/location/

Room Rates:
THB600 (For losers who don't bring girls back)
THB700 (Kingsize Bed-Good for mass orgy)

Used to be called The Regina Hotel
Taxi directions: Soi 6, Pacharajbumphen Rd., Huay Khwang

Great work done over here.

hahaha
SC

vaxvms
16-07-2003, 09:13 PM
No wonder Vaxvms likes hotel room with a balcony. Now I know. Voyeur freak. Hahahaha!

balcony is for us to play choi dai dee wat like in march
so when ur next trip?

vaxvms
16-07-2003, 09:18 PM
i bring my video camera can? we can VCD from that!!! kekekeke :D

must well has a mass orgy will be better

Tom Sawyer
05-10-2003, 10:44 PM
Hi all

I agree with what Mark said about renting an apartment. It's hassle free and you get full privacy.

I used to put up in hotels and now that is a thing of the past. The apartment I am renting cost 4000baht a month excluding utilities.

As for 'girl friendly' hotels are concerned, I have only stayed in one. The staff did not even blink an eyelid when I brought 2 chicks back. No extra charges. There is also a safe in the room itself where you can stash your valuables. For about S$50 a night for a double room, you get an amrican breakfast thrown in as well. The only thing I was a little disappointed is that the furnishings are a kinda old. But overall, good value for $.

As for service apartments, I recently put a friend at the Alta House Apartment. Just as good as Grand President but much cheaper. About 800Baht a nite. No hassles as well. Located along Sukhumvit Soi 4. Great location. Near to the BTS and Nana Plaza. Rachada is not too far away as well. But still got to take a cab though.

Sinoview
06-10-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Tom Sawyer
Hi all

As for service apartments, I recently put a friend at the Alta House Apartment. Just as good as Grand President but much cheaper. About 800Baht a nite. No hassles as well. Located along Sukhumvit Soi 4. Great location. Near to the BTS and Nana Plaza. Rachada is not too far away as well. But still got to take a cab though.

Could you kindly, provide more information on this Alta House Apartment and how to book it.

Will be going to BKK with a gf end of this month. Is this an apprioriate to stay ????

Do they have a website ????

Many thanks....

farark
06-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Could you kindly, provide more information on this Alta House Apartment and how to book it.

Will be going to BKK with a gf end of this month. Is this an apprioriate to stay ????

Do they have a website ????

Many thanks....

if going to bkk with gf my suggestion is to stay in the siam/wtc area cos its more convenient for shopping. there are plenty of hotels in those areas... like siam novotel, amari, pathumwan princess, asia etc...

have fun!

Tom Sawyer
06-10-2003, 07:48 PM

Sinoview

There is a website:

Alta House Apartment (http://www.altahouseapartment.com/)

Whether it's appropriate or not, depends on your definition of 'appropriate'. I take it you mean whether it's decent enough so that perhaps, your gf won't feel too uneasy about the place. If that's what you mean, the place is ok. It doesn't resemble a cheap motel or a 'short time' hotel.

Almost any hotel you go in Bkk, you would know that the majority of the Thai women are in the industry if you see them arm in arm with anyone who doesn't look Thai, aka, farangs or other Asians. You'll know when they are trying real hard to say something in English. That is something that is inevitable.

Hell!! You'll see them everywhere.

As much as I know, it is rare to see Thai women in the company of someone who is not Thai and yet not be in the business.

But I'm certain, there are exceptions.

KonZ
06-10-2003, 09:42 PM
I have a good hotel in Sukhumvit sol 3.....PB hotel. Thai 600 bht, non- thai 700 bht. Clean, big and got bath tub. Walkin distance to Sol NANA and NANA bts.

Hasa Sas
17-10-2003, 10:50 AM
Noticed that most of the hotel room rates in bkk has increase by 5%-10%. Found out when i was doing a online booking and this with effect from 1 Nov 03.

GiddlyGook
17-10-2003, 11:09 AM
High Season: Nov-Feb.
Low Season: Mar-Oct

Same same year-in year-out.

GiddlyGook
19-10-2003, 04:44 AM
APEC? God, no. Absolute worst time to be in BKK IMO. Clean-ups, crackdowns, high rates, everyone out to scam you :) Besides I just got back from BKK. This time, I checked out bars in Khao San (several that had an almost exclusively young Thai clientele-lots of lookers) with some friends and sadly, got piss drunk on cheap Suntory Red. I later then went to Patpong of which I have very vague recollections of because I was mau as hell. But the ago-go bargirls there were clothed(bikini) now and were mostly trying to steal 100B notes from my wallet (I was a good target since I was drunk). But I remember that there were a few lookers that I'd do. Spent the next day throwing up. I give up - I can't drink like the college days anymore.

I'll be there again end Nov and end Dec.

Thanks for the tip about the internet cafe and no, I didn't use it cos I did not stay in the Ratchada area and the hotel I ended up staying in had free broadband. But still good to know - I will stay in Ratchada the next time.

GiddlyGook,

Will you be in BKK during APEC?

Have you tried hooking up your notebook in the Korean Internet Cafe yet?

koonthai1
23-10-2003, 04:15 AM
pi yomun..still at Ratchada City Hotel ??getting a thai PR??(just kidding).anyway..did not have the chance to met u up there.Was busy with my buddy.Spend most of my time at Nataree ..next time manz..

cheers

geoken
16-12-2003, 03:57 PM
Search thru this thread, could not find any recommendation on motel cost around 500-600 baht type near the Bangkok city/or within skytrain access.

Save money for good food - probably at Som Boon or Buffet at Emarald Hotel rachada and for Pattaya trip..

Need clean type motel as going with parent in-law and wif.

Remember saw Inn called Khurana Inn next to Pratunam but could not find the web to check the room condition..

Could any brother offer some information.

Thank you.
.GK

vaxvms
16-12-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by geoken
Search thru this thread, could not find any recommendation on motel cost around 500-600 baht type near the Bangkok city/or within skytrain access.

Save money for good food - probably at Som Boon or Buffet at Emarald Hotel rachada and for Pattaya trip..

Need clean type motel as going with parent in-law and wif.

Remember saw Inn called Khurana Inn next to Pratunam but could not find the web to check the room condition..

Could any brother offer some information.

Thank you.
.GK

tink u gg by tour package is definitely cheaper
my fz juz went wif his wife 5D4N package stay at Asia Hotel wif airport tranfers for onli SG$350 I tink

siamcutey
16-12-2003, 05:08 PM
tink u gg by tour package is definitely cheaper
my fz juz went wif his wife 5D4N package stay at Asia Hotel wif airport tranfers for onli SG$350 I tink

yeah take package better. got tickets

hahaha
SC

vaxvms
16-12-2003, 05:19 PM
yeah take package better. got tickets

hahaha
SC

and got free city tour too for his wif and in-law
than he might be able to de-tour for a quick ap-nam

siamcutey
16-12-2003, 08:12 PM
and got free city tour too for his wif and in-law
than he might be able to de-tour for a quick ap-nam

Ap Num where got quick? At least need 2 hours. Actually if want near skytrain, I can think of 1 place near Phrom Phong Station. Sukhumvit 24. Rate around 800baht per nite if i remember. near Emporium and Baron's ;)

hahaha
SC

bestbest
16-12-2003, 09:33 PM
I am planning for a trip to Bkk this coming January but was told by the travel agencies that all flights from sg to Bkk have been blocked throughout the month. It hadn't been the case for the last few years. Anyone happens to know why? Thanks.

siamcutey
16-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by bestbest
I am planning for a trip to Bkk this coming January but was told by the travel agencies that all flights from sg to Bkk have been blocked throughout the month. It hadn't been the case for the last few years. Anyone happens to know why? Thanks.

It's due to SARS in May/June, thats why many people never clear leave and go overseas. Now take the opportunity to do that.

January you should be able to get it.

SIN/BKK, BKK/SIN, MAL/BKK, BKK/MAL all packed.

Machiam all never see thailand before. Sianzzzz

SC

kanasai
16-12-2003, 09:54 PM
nabei..talk about sars and jun holiday...cibai....those people take revenge on this month...tiu...make me cannot up the plabe on friday evening...kena standby on saturday morning until afternoon...lucky can up...but after reach bkk,still have to wait my fren that still in singapore to up the plane..the whole nite of friday and whode day of saturday gone like that...tiu....
worse more,cibai all chinaman come also...cibai they damn no manner...knn..inside the aeroplane keep talking...knn...some more one can spit like that..tiu,,fuck lar..those chinaman....cibai asshole....knn...:mad:

tirak69
17-12-2003, 12:50 AM
go to talaat chatuchak in december - throw a stone and you hit a sporean. seems like "da jia yi xiao" all holidaying in bkk.

best to avoid these places if you have a tirak around. eg, siam sq., mbk, central chitlom, sala daeng area. never know when u may be spotted! bad month for chiongsters indeed... tickets hard to get and no privacy at all.

tirak69
17-12-2003, 12:54 AM
January's schedule also quite pack due to CNY. Better buy your air tickets now. Wait cannot come back you cry. Then you'll go Club 20 eat reunion dinner liao. Haha! :D

better go before they shift home... got quite a few new dancers. noticed one thing though... due to lack of PRs the bar ladies are now mingling with guests trying to hit drinks quota.

glycemia01
17-12-2003, 02:34 AM
hi guys....

need to find out something about service apartments. i am thinking of staying in the president park's group of apartments. i have 4 ppl including me whose going to bangkok. saw the price on the net which is around 40-50 us dollars per day. does that mean that i pay 40-50 us dollars for each room or for each person? if its just for each room, can i legally squeeze 4 ppl into a room?

any recommendations of which of the president park apartments are good?

should i book it thru the net or is it better to call them? which way can i get better rates?

glycemia01
17-12-2003, 02:55 AM
oh yea for got to ask abt the service appartments, Grand diamond and Alta House Apartment.......anyone knows or stayed in these before?

siamcutey
17-12-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by glycemia01
hi guys....

need to find out something about service apartments. i am thinking of staying in the president park's group of apartments. i have 4 ppl including me whose going to bangkok. saw the price on the net which is around 40-50 us dollars per day. does that mean that i pay 40-50 us dollars for each room or for each person? if its just for each room, can i legally squeeze 4 ppl into a room?

any recommendations of which of the president park apartments are good?

should i book it thru the net or is it better to call them? which way can i get better rates?

I think you try booking on net. Its probably cheaper than you call. the 40-50USD should be for per room. as for 1 room can squeeze how many in, i am not sure whether they will allow that.

SC

glycemia01
17-12-2003, 09:05 PM
can someone in bangkok try and help me find out if there are rooms available in Alta House Apartments Tel : (662) 656-7781-7, (662) 219-1111 and the Grand President :Tel: (662) 651 1200,(662) 651 1750, the cheapest rooms, from the 16th-25th Jan 2004?

keet
17-12-2003, 10:53 PM
They do speak good English so might be better to call yourself.
Grand President have bigger suites with 2 bedroom, price abt B4000+ and if u wanna squeeze ur frens in can but dont register them lor, just walk in together, mai mee pan hah;)

Chokdee88
18-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Hi All,

For those thinking of booking Palazzo Hotel, the hotel is fully booked till early Jan'04.

Sanuk

bapple
18-12-2003, 09:39 PM
Ap Num where got quick? At least need 2 hours. Actually if want near skytrain, I can think of 1 place near Phrom Phong Station. Sukhumvit 24. Rate around 800baht per nite if i remember. near Emporium and Baron's ;)

hahaha
SC

Do you know when the Ratcha line will be completed? Lots of nice places in Ratcha, but never stayed there because the traffic to downtown area & sukumvit is quite bad.

siamcutey
18-12-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by bapple
Do you know when the Ratcha line will be completed? Lots of nice places in Ratcha, but never stayed there because the traffic to downtown area & sukumvit is quite bad.

It should be opened by early April next year. Just before SongKran ;)

For now, ( for u alone only)
If want to go down Ratchada, take BTS to Saphan Kwai, ask the operator which side to climb the bridge down if going towards Ratchada. Hail a cab and total should not cost you more than 90baht. Cab fare from Suk to Ratchada around there also around this price.

Jam hours Suk: Avoid 3pm-8pm travelling around Suk and Ratchada. Its fucking jam.

SC

tirak69
19-12-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by bapple

Besides what SC mentioned - another possibility is to take the BTS to ekkamai station. From there to catch a cab also not too bad. Much better than being stuck in Siam/Rajadamri traffic. It works for me before.

Hope it gives you another alternative of getting to Ratchada.

PrinceCharming
19-12-2003, 08:40 PM
Bro,
I have booked double room Novotel Siam Square hotel.Do i still need to pay for bringing the guest.As i could see from the forum the fine for bringing the guest is 900 bhat...
If any one of u could pls provide me the info about this
PrinceCharming

tirak69
20-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by PrinceCharming
Bro,
I have booked double room Novotel Siam Square hotel.Do i still need to pay for bringing the guest.As i could see from the forum the fine for bringing the guest is 900 bhat...
PrinceCharming

tell them the room is for MR and MRS. if ask for passport then say she went shopping - not ard. this should be able to solve the problem as their list will reflect 2 persons sharing the room and they have no reason to stop you and ask for guest fee.

not sure if it still works... chok dee na ;)

PrinceCharming
21-12-2003, 12:24 PM
Thanks , I would definately give it a try...hopefully it shoule still work..
PrinceCharming

bapple
22-12-2003, 08:14 AM
It should be opened by early April next year. Just before SongKran ;)

For now, ( for u alone only)
If want to go down Ratchada, take BTS to Saphan Kwai, ask the operator which side to climb the bridge down if going towards Ratchada. Hail a cab and total should not cost you more than 90baht. Cab fare from Suk to Ratchada around there also around this price.

Jam hours Suk: Avoid 3pm-8pm travelling around Suk and Ratchada. Its fucking jam.

SC

Thanks for the info.

I have got some maps of BKK unfortunately all of them only cover the down town area. Ratcha is not covered . Maps also do not show east of Sukhumvit past where the iMax Theatre. Never could locate Rao(or Rao 2).

keet
22-12-2003, 09:11 AM
Rao 2 somewhere here (find Sunny)
http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/bangkok/bangkok_genmap.cgi?x=1018.5&y=1278.33333333333&level=5&star=&company=

Rao 1 somewhere here (find S49)
http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/bangkok/bangkok_genmap.cgi?x=1264.13636363636&y=1611&level=5&star=&company=

But Rao1 standard dropped alot liao cos quite a number of girls are now at The One... beside Royal Princess hotel Srinakarin.

vaxvms
22-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by PrinceCharming
Bro,
PrinceCharming

novetel siam square no pb bringing guest back!

siamcutey
22-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by keet
Rao 2 somewhere here (find Sunny)
http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/bangkok/bangkok_genmap.cgi?x=1018.5&y=1278.33333333333&level=5&star=&company=

Rao 1 somewhere here (find S49)
http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/bangkok/bangkok_genmap.cgi?x=1264.13636363636&y=1611&level=5&star=&company=

But Rao1 standard dropped alot liao cos quite a number of girls are now at The One... beside Royal Princess hotel Srinakarin.

Wah Expert :D
Srinakarin, Pattanakarn you also play.

hahaha
SC

keet
22-12-2003, 04:17 PM
no lah.. no expert just play play only lor.
nowadays not so happening as before where can party till sunrise. tat was younger days.. now no stamina liao..
but good also so can spend more quality time with tirak...if still have lor :D

vaxvms
22-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by keet
no lah.. no expert just play play only lor.
nowadays not so happening as before where can party till sunrise. tat was younger days.. now no stamina liao..
but good also so can spend more quality time with tirak...if still have lor :D

acutually close early is better
unlike younger days me always see sun-rise wheb gg bed
and 1-2 hr later me have to gg work liao

now club close 2am then supper and then bonk + Zzzzzzz

so u still workin in BKK or and off?

sanuk!!!

vaxvms
22-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Wah Expert :D
Srinakarin, Pattanakarn you also play.

hahaha
SC

RAO2 near ur home base......................
so TG over there ur type?
tink not bad lah, at least better than RAO1

justl00king
23-12-2003, 04:15 AM
anyone have any feedback on amari watergate hotel. going with family would like to stay in pratunam. others i have stayed are baiyoke sky and grand diamond so like to try another hotel. thanks.

btw anyone can enlighten how to go club eden from there and travelling time pls. may sneak out for a quickie.;)

cryptdudester
23-12-2003, 04:46 AM
had a friend stayed there before....check out the rooms...damn big....lobby fucking grand.as for swimming pool...very zen like~

as for club eden...it's at sukhumvit soi 7/1.....know for it's fantasy sex...& fetish (uniform, lingerie)...juz talk to the french guy manager..he can recommend the appropriate gurls...for u...also..known for it's 2 gurls package~ worth the shot~

Cheers dude~

Happy Sanuking~

^^;

vaxvms
23-12-2003, 09:31 AM
anyone have any feedback on amari watergate hotel. going with family would like to stay in pratunam. others i have stayed are baiyoke sky and grand diamond so like to try another hotel. thanks.

btw anyone can enlighten how to go club eden from there and travelling time pls. may sneak out for a quickie.;)

amari watergate good for family as walkin distance to pratuname and WTC
tink best is let ur family shopping at MBK than u take BTS to NANA station and walk to Eden

have fun!!!

justl00king
27-12-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by cryptdudester
had a friend stayed there before....check out the rooms...damn big....lobby fucking grand.as for swimming pool...very zen like~

as for club eden...it's at sukhumvit soi 7/1.....know for it's fantasy sex...& fetish (uniform, lingerie)...juz talk to the french guy manager..he can recommend the appropriate gurls...for u...also..known for it's 2 gurls package~ worth the shot~

Cheers dude~

Happy Sanuking~

^^; thanks for info....i think this hotel is the best around this area.:)

cheers

justl00king
27-12-2003, 05:30 AM
amari watergate good for family as walkin distance to pratuname and WTC
tink best is let ur family shopping at MBK than u take BTS to NANA station and walk to Eden

have fun!!! went to have a looksee on my previous trip. grand lobby with alot of farang staying there. thinking whether should stay pathuwam princess or this one.

:)

Sammylee
31-12-2003, 08:40 PM
if you are looking for nice comfy hotel with budgets in your head , go to REGINNA hotel aka RATCHADA CITY hotel. it is situated near talart huay kwang and the upcoming BTS station. moreover it is just 5 mins taxi drive to every discos ( HOLLYWOOD , DANCEFEVER , SPARKS, CLUB TWENTY).Rated from 650 to 800 baht from 1st jan 2004.

CHEERS

Sinoview
02-01-2004, 05:45 PM
With due respect, I think you give the wrong recomendation.

RCH is located in the centre of Bangkok RED LIGHT district just like our Geylang......you want our friend to be banned permanently "from going BKK alone" it is ????

Cheap not doubt...but there are other cheap decent hotel too. Moreover, if someone is looking at Amari Watergate (4.5 star)... you should guess he standard lah.

RCH is strictly good for "budget cheongster"....the place and room are only of 3 star standard....the toilet like one brother mentioned is very "lok Cok"......

RCH is not for everyone......anyway no one hotel is.

werewolf66
02-01-2004, 06:19 PM
For Family, I think the best bet is still one of the CentrePoint Service Apartments and I recommend the one at Soi Lang Suan where it is a boutique eat street and walking distant to Central Chidlom and WTC and one station away from Siam and two from MBK.

Apartment comes with small kitchen and washing machine if you take the slightly bigger ones at B2,200. Breakfast is good too. All the comforts of home.

siamcutey
02-01-2004, 08:14 PM
RAO2 near ur home base......................
so TG over there ur type?
tink not bad lah, at least better than RAO1

Last time I stay there before, Pattanakarn. Heard from locals that muslim thais stay around that area. I walked past Rao a few times before but never go in cos last time don't know speak thai. Scared kenna tock. But now Pattanakarn a bit far. Go Ratchayothin nearer.

hahaha
SC

Hasa Sas
02-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Last time I stay there before, Pattanakarn. Heard from locals that muslim thais stay around that area. I walked past Rao a few times before but never go in cos last time don't know speak thai. Scared kenna tock. But now Pattanakarn a bit far. Go Ratchayothin nearer.

hahaha
SC

If i still can recall this RAO 2 is after IMAX cineplex just beside the supermart but quality wise still prefer RAO 1. :)

siamcutey
03-01-2004, 04:14 AM
If i still can recall this RAO 2 is after IMAX cineplex just beside the supermart but quality wise still prefer RAO 1. :)

Siam Loh Puying Fuck cannot Finish.

Too Much......

hahaha
SC

tirak69
05-01-2004, 12:38 AM
The more ultimate budget one in this area will be Watana Mansions. Or Galleria Inn.

By the way I've noticed RCH guests have more of a non PRC clientele nowadays. Singaporeans and Malaysians. Could be due to SC's recommendation in early 2003. Hahahaha! Huat arh! :D

watana got free b'fast and 30min internet usage per day. value for money...:D

siamcutey
05-01-2004, 04:27 AM
The more ultimate budget one in this area will be Watana Mansions. Or Galleria Inn.

By the way I've noticed RCH guests have more of a non PRC clientele nowadays. Singaporeans and Malaysians. Could be due to SC's recommendation in early 2003. Hahahaha! Huat arh! :D

Come 2004, when the MRT in Thailand opes up, RCH will have more patrons. Frankly I compare RCH and Palazzo, just a slight difference.

PS: The Yun Nan Chinese Restaurant outside RCH, please don't go. The kway teow and the food there really no good. I regret going there 2 days ago. I almost puke upon eating. I stay thailand till now, its one of the worst food I ever eaten.

SC

siamcutey
05-01-2004, 04:33 AM
If want to go to those places as mentioned above. Do not alight at Ratchadapisek BTS station. Can't wait to see the surprised expressions of many this coming April. Haha. ;)

Nearest MRT station to reach the following hotspots

Poseidon, Copa, Barbara, Grand Hotel, Watana Mansions ---- Suthisarn BTS Station

Spago, Claudia, Mei Hwa, Ratchada City Hotel, Caesar, Subway 1, Subway 2, VIP, Market Hway Kwang, Hi-Class, Emmanuelle, Mirage, Palazzo Hotel, Emerald Hotel, Merchant Court Hotel ---- Hway Kwang BTS Station

Brew Pavilion, Embassy of China, Hollywood, Dance Fever, Por Kung Pao --- Thailand Cultural Centre BTS Station

Fortune Hotel, Tesco Lotus, Champ Elysses ---- Rama 9 BTS Station

Not yet open for operations.

SC

Sinoview
05-01-2004, 02:10 PM
PS: The Yun Nan Chinese Restaurant outside RCH, please don't go. The kway teow and the food there really no good. I regret going there 2 days ago. I almost puke upon eating. I stay thailand till now, its one of the worst food I ever eaten.

SC

Thanks for your info.

On my last trip, while on rackying RCH I almost go into this Yun Nan restaurant.....luckingly changed my mind and ate at the T-restaurant, a Vietnamese/Thai restaurant opposite Grand Hote.

I love the food there.....really yummy.....

Vietnamese food with touches of Thai taste.

Cheer

justl00king
06-01-2004, 05:31 AM
With due respect, I think you give the wrong recomendation.

RCH is located in the centre of Bangkok RED LIGHT district just like our Geylang......you want our friend to be banned permanently "from going BKK alone" it is ????

Cheap not doubt...but there are other cheap decent hotel too. Moreover, if someone is looking at Amari Watergate (4.5 star)... you should guess he standard lah.

RCH is strictly good for "budget cheongster"....the place and room are only of 3 star standard....the toilet like one brother mentioned is very "lok Cok"......

RCH is not for everyone......anyway no one hotel is. thanks all for the info. checked the price for amari sin 110 per night thru travel agent. :)

justl00king
06-01-2004, 05:39 AM
Thanks for your info.

On my last trip, while on rackying RCH I almost go into this Yun Nan restaurant.....luckingly changed my mind and ate at the T-restaurant, a Vietnamese/Thai restaurant opposite Grand Hote.

I love the food there.....really yummy.....

Vietnamese food with touches of Thai taste.

Cheer for nice food can try the mbk basement. got one place selling tim sum. heard the boss is hongkie. also the noodle bar in between the hotel and shopping. lastly if at pratunam go to pantip plaza one shop at the right of entrance quite nice also. :)

MarkNgSiongBoon
06-01-2004, 10:41 AM

By the way I've noticed RCH guests have more of a non PRC clientele nowadays. Singaporeans and Malaysians. Could be due to SC's recommendation in early 2003. Hahahaha! Huat arh! :D For ultimate budget.....anyone heard of Samran Place on Petchaburi? B$300 with breakfast!!! or try Narai Inn in Pratunam (not to confuse with Narai Hotel) only B$250. But caution only for those on shoestring budget. One notch better than the B&Bs at Khao San......

Sinoview
06-01-2004, 12:19 PM
thanks all for the info. checked the price for amari sin 110 per night thru travel agent. :)

That's not a bad price for a 4.5 Star hotel.

I just got a quote at B2400 (S$105)a night for Siam Novotel which at best is only 4 stars...... I intend to stay there during the coming Haji holiday at the end of this month. What to do, I like the location.......so convenient for food and shop.....

tirak69
09-01-2004, 01:57 AM
Hahaha the pork or chicken bah mee not bad. I've not tried the other dishes so no comments.

the best still our fav cze char store in hway khwang.... can also get to meet familiar faces all the time. ;)

Tr|pp|ng
24-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Bro Yomun - I finally got a hotel - Ambassador. It was like one of the rare few places that has rooms still. Hopefully this place won't have trouble bringing back girls as I've read in the bkktonite forums that it recently was removed as "Girl Friendly".

Regarding other areas aside from Sukhumvit; I'm not very familiar with BKK lor...and all the past 4 visits, only stayed there so more familiar.

Tr|pp|ng
24-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Tr|pp|ng,

No comments on Ambassador as I've never stayed there before. I've stayed in Bright City Tower service apartment before. It's just opposite of Ambassador. Not bad. 100% girl friendly. Can even have orgy if you want. Hehe.

Good thing about Sukhumvit Soi 6, 7, 8, 9, 11 is the close proximity to Nana BTS.

Actually, you mentioned 5-star. I've always stayed in Novotel Lotus and its only 3.5 stars. Usually, I don't bother staying in nice hotels, but given that I'm in BKK for leisure & most probably will be IN THE ROOM, I'd much prefer a better and comfy one.

Unfortunately, this time no choice, only have Ambassador and if they don't allow me to take girls back, I'll try your Bright City Tower. Anyway, only gonna be there for 3 nights so should be ok!

Thanks for ur help!

Tr|pp|ng
24-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Tr|pp|ng,

This service apartment is recommended to me by one BKK veteran. Don't expect anything fancy. Just humble furnishings. However it's value for money. The mattress is a bit hard though.

http://brightcity.netfirms.com/

Hard Mattress? Have u tried the beds in China?? If you have, nothing can be harder then! lol.

Thanks for all the tips!